Thursday, October 11, 2018

You Know Him, Don't You?

 We were at the Squadroom....

"The Blood Splatter on those disposable slippers is a match for Monica Davis and the fingerprints and the DNA of Carl Jennings is on the inside of those latex gloves...."said Monique..

" That gun is registered to...Wait for it...Carl Jennings....He bought it from a Walmart legally last year and get this ,I said ,showing a store video from Walmart....

"That's him purchasing the gun last year and this is him, a few days before the murder purchasing the disposable slippers and the Latex gloves from the same Walmart.." I said..
"I've got the rental agreement for the Flying Car the night of the murder and camera footage of him leaving and returning to work during that one hour unaccounted for.."said Kylie...

"Game ,Set Match...We got him!!!" I said.

"I'm on the phone with a Judge now...He'll text me the warrant...Go Get him!" said Lt. Cotton...

My wife, Monica was barely listening...She was busy looking at blown up photos taken from our surveilience of a few days ago and from yesterday at the Harbor...

In each photo was  man, the same man I had seen the day she was undercover, Dressed in all black and with a very expensive Telephoto lense...
''Who is that man Mo-Mo?" I asked.
"That's the man you saw the day I was undercover...He was on the roof across from Carl Jennings's apartment,snapping photos....And yesterday at the Harbor...There he was again...."said Monica..

"Who is he?" I asked..

"I did a facial recognition and I got Caleb Gordon....He's an ex-con...He just finished doing a twenty year bid for a series of Jewel Heists....My father busted him some years ago....Guess who one of his partners was?" said Monica..

"Carl Jennings?" I asked..

"Yes...But the real target of the investigation was the shot caller, a Micheal "Mikey"Medley...Carl Jennings took a deal, Immunity from prosecution if he turned states evidence...He gave up Mikey and Caleb...Mikey got 25-Life...and Caleb got 10-20..." said Monica.

"I'll bet those two don't think too fondly of Mr.Jennings.."said Kylie..

"Mikey Medley is dead..He's long been dead..He committed suicide on the eve of his sentencing....but Caleb did the whole 20..He just got out a month ago.."said Monica.

"So he's been shadowing Carl Jennings, waiting to make a move huh?" I said.

"Or was he?  Yesterday, he was following me and my sissy...Carl Jennings was nowhere around...Why?" asked Monica.

"Good Question...but we gotta pick up Jennings....First Degree Murder charges." I said.

"You guys go pick him up....I gotta tend to something personal..."said Monica..

"You alright Sis?" asked Monique...
"Yeah Sissy....I'll see you tonight.."said Monica....

She kissed me....

"I'll see you too." she said..

I felt weird making a pick up without Mo Mo...

II-
Monica went home....

She was there 15 minutes when the doorbell rang...

It was her mother...Mrs. Lauren Talbert....A sexy woman,who could still turn heads...Looking at her ,it was easy to see where her daughters got their good looks and sexiness from...
"Hi Mommy!" said Monica..

"Hi Baby.....I like your hair...Did your Sister do it?" she asked..

"She did!" said Monica..

"I need her to wash and dry mine...and corn roll it like yours..I like your skirt...I like that color on you!"said Lauren Talbert...

Monica smiled..

"Thank You Mommy! How's Daddy?" she asked.

"Your father is just fine...Still thinks he's young..Can't keep his hands off of me...I trust both of my son in laws are good." said Lauren...

"They are.." said Monica..

She put two glossies of Caleb on the table...

"You know him don't you?" said Monica.

"I would never lie to you baby....I can't anyway...Yes..I knew Caleb.....Before I met your father...I was pretty much a loner...I tended bar, I had a little car and a somewhat nice apartment...but I stayed to myself...I was a Mutant and it was at a time before we were out...We were still a secret...Caleb used to talk to me , He got through to me in a way no man had before..

I discovered that he was like me a mutant too...He has hyper senses...He can smell, taste, touch, hear and see more acutely than the average human being... He ran with a group of guys who broke into the homes of the well to do and cracked their safes, stealing millions in jewelry....

I didn't like what he did...but I had fallen in love with him...
I was so glad to meet another mutant and equally glad to be in a relationship...We spent hours in my apartment,making sweet love....
Days taking long walks, kissing passionately...

It was wonderful....but then there was the thing about his lifestyle...I didn't want to be the moll of a criminal and I told him so...He talked about going straight..but there was always that one last job..That big score...

I told him if he got arrested and went to prison,I was not going to wait for him...He didn't like that...And we broke up...
I met your father right around this time...He was a young hot shot detective....He had placed those three Mike Medley,Caleb and another guy, Carl Jennings as the Jewel thieves...He just didn't have enough to nab them...
He knew I was Caleb's girl...but he talked to me anyway..At first to get information, but later I began to suspect that he liked me...Our conversations became more personal....

We began to meet outside of the bar...He took me to a movie...He took me to a Basketball game and to a play...We went to the flower show...He sent me roses....

After awhile...I didn't care that Caleb and I had broken up...I began to fall in love with your father...
Your father kissed me and I saw my future...I saw you and your sister...I swear...
pretty soon, your father and I were sharing beds...Sometimes at his place, sometimes at mine...

I never told him what Caleb, Mikey and Carl were planning to do...but he was a good detective,much like you...And he figured it out and nabbed all three of them....

Carl made a deal and turned State's Evidence on his friends...Mikey killed himself rather than go to jail..Caleb went away for 20 years or so....I just heard he's out...

He may be looking for revenge..I don't know...I thought I'd give you a heads up.."said Lauren..
''Awww, Thank you Mommy.....I've seen him....I was undercover....Carl Jennings killed his girlfriend....We made a case against him...We saw Caleb on the roof across from Carl's apartment...And we saw Caleb yesterday when Carl wasn't around...Checking me and Monique out..."said Monica.
"He's trying to find me...and I think he's following Carl around, because he plans to kill him...I know him,I know how he thinks..."said Lauren...

''Well My Partners have Carl Jennings in custody as I speak mommy...He's finally going to get the justice that has eluded him for so long.."said Monica..

"Wait til I tell your daddy...He'll be so proud of you."said Lauren.




III-
But Monica couldn't have been more wrong..



Kylie and I and a squad or armed Tactical squad officers raided Carl Jennings apartment complex...

He was gone...and the place was empty!!!!

"I don't believe this...He's gone, The place is empty..."I said.
''Almost like he knew we were coming...but he couldn't have...Could he?"Asked Kylie...
"I don't know...but he's gone and his running buddy is dead....What do you think?" I asked..
"Just when I thought this damn case was about to be closed....Damn it!"said Kylie...

IV-
Standing outside of our Duplex...Monica walked her mother to her car...She smiled at her and then hugged her..

"Be Careful Mommy...And call me when you get home..."said Monica.

"Awwww look at you...You worried about your mommy?  I'll be fine baby."said Lauren..

Meanwhile...
Several feet away...Caleb was snapping photos with his telephoto lense..

"Oh My God..LAUREN...It is you!! After all these years...You look the same almost, except for the gray.....And your daughter..Oh My God...She looks just like you...Both of your daughters look just like you...Oh MY GOD!!  I've missed you so much...You were so right...If I had just walked away from the last job...We might have had a future...It was all my fault Lauren..All my fault..."said Caleb..

As Monica watched her mother drive away.....

(CONCLUSION NEXT!)


No comments: