Thursday, October 25, 2018

Gladiolas

A Large Bouquet of what I would later learn were Gladiolas arrived at the office....
Bee Bee accepted them....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu these are beautiful....I'm not a flowers person...but these are gorgeous.." she gushed..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my....They are beautiful....Who are they for?" asked Sofia...

"Who else gets flowers in this office? They're for Ms. Yvette..."said Bee Bee..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."gushed Sofia..
 Khalil and I were walking in with Coffee and Bagels from our cafe downstairs....

"Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, wow, who are the flowers for?" I asked.
"You know they're for Ms. Yvette...Who else gets flowers like that?  Gary must have spent a bundle on them." said Khalil..
"These aren't from Gary.." said Sofia..

"Oh No?" I asked, now curious..

"They're from Milllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees!" cooed Bee Bee, giggling like a school girl..

"That's our client....He used to work here...Used to be Ms. Yvette's supervisor...."I explained..

"Is that allllllllllllllll he was?" asked Kahlil..
"He wanted more...but Ms. Yvette said nothin was happening...I believe her..."I said in her defense..
Bee Bee laughed...

Sofia smiled too....
Ms. Yvette was just walking in, when she saw the flowers....Her eyes got as big as saucers..
"WOWWWWWWWWWWWWW!   Who are those for? They are beautiful.."she said..

"They're for you."said Bee Bee smiling...
"ME?" she said...and read the little note...

"HEY YVETTE ,THANKS FOR BEING THE WONDERFUL PERSON YOU ARE
Love, Miles:

She shook her head...

"Oh My God...He's got to stop!...." she said seriously....
"They're beautiful....You've done it again Ms. Yvette."said Bee Bee..
"I've done nothing...He can't take no for an answer....and he won't focus on this case...."said Yvette ,exasperated...She looked at me..

"Keith, I want you to take over this case....If you have any trouble, let me know...I will help you.."said Yvette..
"You want me to go over to that meeting this morning?"I asked..

"Yes...You can handle it...If I didn't think so, I wouldn't ask you..Bee Bee, you go with him ,keep him out of trouble.."said Yvette who took the flowers
and put them in two seperate vases and then placed one vase on Sofia's desk
"Huh?" said Sofia..and another on Bee Bee's Desk..
"Whatttt?" said Bee Bee..
"That's a gift from me to my girls...Sofia..You and Khalil can handle this case...You're well prepared..." said Yvette, who then walked out of the office..

"I'll see you guys later...Good luck in court today...and with the negotiation.." she said.

I watched her leave...God ,she was a sexy woman......I decided not to ask where she was going...

II-
I didn't have to go that far to get to the building where the hearing for Miles Ellis was going to take place...

Yvette sent Bee Bee with me... It was nice working with my baby on a case...It had been awhile since we had worked together..
Bee Bee held my arm.....

"Baby this is nice...Us working together?" she said..

"Yes it is...Sorry to take you off of your case....If we wrap this thing up quick...I'll help you guys out!"I said..

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwww you're so sweet!"said  Bee Bee.. Who knew all about my case...

from pillow talk and the fact that she had viewed mostly all of my evidence.
We entered the conference room and sat down....
Miles Ellis walked in...He recognized me...He smiled and shook my hand..

"Hi Keith...."he said..He saw Bee Bee and admired her sexy body and the way her mini skirt accentuated her every curve...

"Beatrice right?  I know you from the photo Yvette showed me.." he said.

"Hello..Pleased to meet you" said Bee Bee..
He whispered in my ear...

"This is you Keith? Nicccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeee!" he said and nudged me..
"Yes, Bee Bee will be second chair today.."I said.


"Second Chair? Who is first chair?? You?? Where is Yvette?" he asked..
"I'm first chair.....I know everything Ms. Yvette knows...She sent me and Bee Bee...Relax..You'll be alright." I said.

His entire mood soured upon hearing this...He was sullen and sour..
The Attorney for the young lady making the allegation against him...Leslie Stoddard appeared....

She was an older woman, very professional, no nonsense...but so were Bee Bee and I..

She looked at us, Our youth and felt as though she was going to eat us alive...She had a surprise coming..

I was so glad that Gary
had done his investigation and had discovered all of those facts, because this woman came out throwing bombs with what she thought was going to blind side us..But we had did our follow up investigation with help from Jade... I had made several phone calls ,had gotten faxes and scanned affadavits and even Video affadavits...I was prepared...

"Well ,I don't know if you know or not, but your client has been very busy..." she said..

"Busy how?" I asked..
"Well he left McClusky...The firm you're presently with now and went to another firm here in the city where he was romantically involved with two young ladies there , a senior Attorney and another young lady, both at the same time.." she said, smiling snidely..She thought we were going to be surprised , blind sided...She watched the two of us carefully, but nothing about our demeanor betrayed us..
"This is idle gossip and has very little to do with why we are here today, but just so that you know...Those were consensual relationships mam, I have written and signed affadavits from both young ladies involved that say this..."said Bee Bee , who produced them...
Ms. Stoddard seemed shocked...and surprised that we not only knew, but were prepared...Her friend in the D.A.'s office assured her that she had information unavailable to the average person.

"Well...He traveled to our nations capital where he worked for the ACLU...and was involved in an illicit relationship with a client and his supervisor's wife..."she said before I cut her off..
"His relationship with that client was consensual...and it began near the end of the case...Like my associate Ms. Evans, I have a signed affadavit from her stating that....His relationship with his supervisor's wife ,though not something I condone was also consensual and a year after this event...Here is a signed affadavit from here stating those facts.."I said..

I produced a video taped deposition by her on my tablet...

 Miles 's sullen mood brightened..He was amazed at how well prepared Bee Bee and I were....He smiled ,thinking about his protoge' Yvette and how thorough she was ...It was no surprise she had prepared and taught us youngins well, he mused..Still he wanted to see her here..

Again Attorney Stoddard  was stunned...

"His next move was to San-Francisco and the Innocence Project...He had an unethical relationship with an Assistant District Attorney trying one of his cases...He was censored and cleared of any wrong doing...Then he had another unethical romantic relationship with a female Judge....Which led to a lawsuit.. The Law suit was settled...It was suggested that it would be better if he leave.." she said...She looked at me as if she had her got'cha moment..
"You seem to like the word unethical...Is this your opinion?  I don't know where you're going with this...but again...He had a relationship, consensual with an Assistant District Attorney, who was not involved in any case involving the Innocence Project..I have a signed affadavit and a video confirmation of all of this..You did say he was censored and cleared of any wrong doing...Here are the court transcripts here. The Relationship with the Judge was also consensual...A reporter reported on both of his romances and as it turned out...The reporter was a spurned lover of his...Which is why the law suit was thrown out.."I said..
"Were you aware of his shenanigans in Seattle? He was an Assistant District Attorney there..He impregnated his boss, The D.A.'s wife...She had the pregnancy terminated and he resigned before he would have been fired.." she said..
"We are aware of this...but drudging up his personal life and his past have nothing to do with the case at hand.....He has had nothing but the highest of performance evaluations at his present firm, hasn't lost a case since he's been back and says that he barely knows the young lady claiming he made unwanted sexual advances at her..."said Bee Bee..who produced copies of his performance evals...

Miles looked at Bee Bee.

Sexy and smart....She's like a younger version of Yvette...he mused...
"Aside from complementing her on a few of her dresses my client never so much as laid a finger on her..."I said.
"Alright, what are we talking here?" asked Attorney Stoddard...
"We are talking about nothing....You have nothing....but a dredging up of our clients past...A past that only shows he's been romantically involved with a lot of women...He at no time has ever been accused of making any unwanted sexual advances...not towards them or any other women at his firm. There is no pattern here...None at all or any proof other than what your client alleges."I argued..
"You haven't produced one witness, not one witness that says that he made a sexual advance of any kind toward your client......And without a witness, This case is merely he said, she said...Do you want to take that to court?" asked Bee Bee..
Attorney Stoddard was astounded...She hadn't expected this kind of argument or defense...
Miles Ellis was still sullen and sour despite the fact that we were winning his case for him hands down...but he had big admiration for Bee Bee and Me..

They're both damn good...he mused.

III-
In Federal court downtown..

Sofia and Kahlil argued for Marina Natchios passionately.......Bringing up the fact that she had valid and up to date work and student visas....That she had completed a Bachelors Degree and Masters Degree Program at two area colleges and had never been in any kind of trouble..

Marina's criminal Father and Uncle, both deceased were brought up....
Sofia challenged the prosecution to show any proof that Marina ,who was a minor when her Father and Uncle were alive and in business had anything to do with their crimes..

"You can't help who your parents are...Her Mother has since become an American Citizen and my law firm is working on getting her her citizenship..."said Sofia..

The Prosecution argued that she had not one but two pregnancies..
"And so do several Home Grown American women...That is not a crime....What is really at stake here is who the baby's alledged father is ,isn't it?" asked Kahlil...

The spectators were all agasp....

Court was ajourned for the day....

Marina was not in court...There was no reason for her to be at this preliminary hearing...
ICE AGENT Shawn Columbsy stood in the back of the courtroom....

"JADE!" he whispered to himself..

He knew if we were defending Marina...Then Jade had to know where she was.....

"Bae ,did you see who was in the courtroom?" asked Khalil..

"Yeah, that creepy Ice Agent, Shawn Columbsy, who was bothering Ms. Jade.."said Sofia..
"I think we need to call Ms. Jade and give her a heads up.."said Khalil..

"I'll call her right now.."said Sofia.

Some time later...
Ms. Jade was leaving a restaurant in the Chinatown section, when she heard a familliar voice..

"JADE!"came the voice..
She turned around to see Shawn Columbsy...

"Where is she Jade? Where is Marina..?" he asked.
"How was Arizona or New Mexico?  Was that where you were? " asked Jade...

"Jade, I need that girl.." said Shawn...

"She won't sleep with you.....So don't waste your time..."laughed Jade..

"Jade, I'm not playing games.."said Shawn..
"Neither am I."said Jade...
"Jade,I want you sooo bad..I can't control my erections around you.." he found himself saying..
"Stop drooling and buy me lunch..."said Jade...
"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Jade!" he moaned..

IV-
In a small empty office at City Hall on one of the unused floors,
Yvette and Gary were kissing passionately...
"We are taking a risk being up here like this.."said Yvette in between kisses...
"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.."she moaned..
"That's what makes it sooo exciting..Besides , Nobody comes up here..."said Gary....
"You are sooo right..It's cold and damp up here....If I wasn't with you, I wouldn't be up here!" she said..

"Not like you to not be micro-managing your youngins....They have two big cases..."said Gary...
"And I think they're at the point where they can handle things by themselves..."said Yvette
in between more kisses...
"Like you're handling me...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm."moaned Gary....Who was so aroused at this point, he was almost dizzy...
"Yessssssssssssssssssss.." giggled Yvette..

Gary eased her panties to the side...

"Gary what are you doing?" she asked and giggled at how naughty they were being..

Gary unzippered his trousers....Yvette eased herself down on him and began to move up and down..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...."she moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh My God! You know what I'm doing"he moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu yes....Yesssssssssss Gary...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"Yvette cooed softly.....

He didn't care how long he was missing...This was worth it...He felt great....Yvette moving up and down slowly on him was driving him crazy...

It was driving her crazy too....She was very wet and aroused...

Gary was so hard, he couldn't believe it...

He was close to exploding....

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph " he moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Gary!"Yvette moaned..as they made sweet love...She held on for dear life...enjoying every minute.....
V-
Sofia and Bee Bee stared at the flowers on their desks...

"These are beautiful...I think we better take these home...Just in case Ms. Yvette's new admirer should drop by.."said Sofia..
"I agree."said Bee Bee..
"How did you guys do today?  Sofia and I might wrap this thing up in a day....They have nothing..Weakest case I've ever seen." said Kahlil..

"Keith and I practically won this case today.. They have nothing....They may drop this whole thing tomorrow...."said Bee Bee..
"Something is bothering me though....I may need Jade's help..."I said..
Jade walked in the office,laughing...

''You got it...All I have is time.."she said..
"Hey lady, You're in a good mood...Obviously,you didn't run into that ICE agent did you?" asked Kahlil...
"Actually I did..Naturally he wanted to know where Marina is...I wouldn't tell him...He got mad, threatened me a bunch of times...before he broke down and bought me lunch..We had a good lunch too, Went to an Italian place."she said laughing..
 "WOW! We can't say the power of the pan-tays....You haven't given him any?"said Bee Bee..
"Or did you?" asked Sofia..

"Don't be ridiculous..No,of course not....He's still pining after me...but make no mistake, He's still looking for Marina..He won't find her ..Not where I have her.."said Ms. Jade..
"But his mind is on you..Come on folks, let's go home...It was a good day.." I said..

"Better than I had a reason to hope for.."said Sofia..

"You got that right...Let's stop by Mabel Jenkins Soul Food Joint and have dinner."said Bee Bee..
"Coming Jade?" asked Kahlil..
"Yes, I want some red beans and rice." she said..

We all laughed out loud as we headed for the elevators.

VI-

Attorney Miles Ellis sat in a car outside of Yvette's house...

"Wow these are nice homes and they must be new....They weren't even built the last time I lived in Philadelphia....Yvette has moved halfway across town....Wow!  I can't believe she janked me like that today...And after I paid a mint for those Flowers...  I mean Keith and Beatrice are very good...I see what she means about them being way ahead of the curve of most first or second year attorneys....They've practically won my case for me...But I hired HER...I HIRED HER TO DEFEND ME!" he growled...
It was 1:00 am...and Yvette still had not showed up...
"Wow, she's keeping late hours for a week night....Maybe she really does have a boyfriend.."he said.





He had seen the five of us...Bee Bee , Sofia, Kahlil, Jade and myself

 at Mabel Jenkins Soul Food restaurant earlier that afternoon....So he knew she wasn't with us...

He angrily banged his hands on his dashboard.....

(CONCLUSION NEXT)



10 comments:

Toni said...

This was nice!

Angie B. said...

Those flowers were beautiful!

Sunflower said...

Your stories have the best titles!

Lisa said...

At first I didn't know what the title meant...And then I got it..The Flowers!

Halo said...

Yes those are beautiful flowers...Hard to find though...You have to buy them when they are in season.

Vanessa said...

Like Anything Else! Great Title, Great story!

Cheryl said...

Nice story Keith!

Brenda said...

Keith and Bee Bee did a great job of defending Miles...But I knew he wanted Yvette there..I knew he was disappointed.

Rita said...

Ohh Yvette is being extra...She could 've come to the trial or hearing..They were just flowers!

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES TO THE SKY!