Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Lauren's Lovers

Suspected Murderer , Carl Jennings sat in his apartment with his good friend, Silas Seamen...

"I'm Horny tonight Silas...I miss Monica..." he said..

"Which one? The one you killed or this new broad you're trying to mix with?" said Silas..

"Both....but at least Ms.Miller was good for a blow job every now and then....Then she started talking about going to the police about our little side business...and I had to silence her...I sure miss her..." said Carl...

''Where did you meet this new babe?  This new Monica.. Cause she sure looks familliar to me.."said Silas..

"She works at the food truck....The consession stand outside of my job..  They just moved there a week ago....I've been crazy about her ever since then..." said Carl...

"You love young women....She's young enough to be your daughter....."said Silas...

"But she aint my daughter..." said Carl....

"I swear she reminds me of somebody  I used to know....Couldn't put my finger on it...OHHHHH,now I know...Lauren....!! Lauren Hall...." he said..

''Who was this Lauren Hall?"asked Silas..


"She was a hot little number....Used to tend bar at this club ,me and my partners used to frequent..."he said dreamily remembering..



II-

The bar was jumpin....We talkin thirty years ago....Spot was called "Josie's..."  Any and everybody went to Josies...it was that kind of joint..
"Me and my partner....Caleb used to case and hit Jewelry stores...Caleb was one of the best box men around...It was if he could hear the tumblers...We knew this guy...A Shot Caller named Medley...Mike Medley....

Mike would find the place and me and Caleb would break into the spot, beat the safe and make out with the dough and the merch....We always split it three ways..We were so good the cops didn't know our names.... Of the three of us..I was the only one with a sheet....And it was only one conviction....

Caleb and I both liked her....She was hot...She didn't talk much....It was as if she had a secret...Turns out she did..." said Carl..

"Yeah? What was it?" asked Silas..

"She was a mutant!....This was back before they were out...The general society didn't know of their existence yet...Human Beings with a little extra ,ya know.?" said Carl...

Caleb was Mr. Sensitive...He got to her first...He talked to her...A LOT...She opened up to him...Turns out Caleb had a little secret too...He was also a mutant...He had Hyper senses....He could Hear, Smell,taste, touch and see more acutely than the average human being...This is why he was so good at breaking safes....
 Over many drinks, the two of them talked and shared their secret.....
It wasn't long before Caleb and Lauren became a couple..
They did more than just talk and drink after her shift..
They were going to her apartment, making sweet love..
Kissing passionately in the hallway near the bathrooms,at Josie's and not trying to hide it!
Spending hours making crazy love at her house and at his place..She had him sprung...
He talked about marrying Lauren and going straight....Mikey didn't want to hear that...We had more places we wanted to hit...

Lauren knew about us...What we were into and she didn't approve...It became a bone of contention between Caleb ,Mikey and Me... but to make things worse...This cop started coming around...
His name was Ray...Ray Talbert...

He was a detective...a damn good detective...He had done what no one else had done...He had traced the recent jewel thefts to us....He didn't have proof yet..but he was closer than most...
He started sniffing around....He too took a shine to Lauren Hall...By now she and Caleb's relationship was starting to sour..She was demanding he go straight...She was telling him that she was not going to wait for him if he went to prison...He didn't like that talk too much, so just as quick as their relationship heated up...It began to fizzle out...Mikey and I were pleased...She was fine, but all that goin straight talk was a downer..

He knew she was Caleb's girl and at first he backed off...but after awhile..He couldn't help himself..He found himself drawn to her..She was fine and easy to talk to...

He bought her drinks and talked to her quietly when she was off duty...Just like Caleb used to do...
He was slick..He was trying to get close..

Caleb knew what was going on...People talk...But he didn't dare confront the cop....

Mikey had a job for us...He had this spot....six million in cash and jewelry worth even more...Caleb didn't want to do it...Mikey and I did....

We told him...One last job...One last job....and he could go his merry way...He had bought a very expensive engagement ring he was going to give to Lauren Hall..
To this day...I don't know if his pillow talk with Lauren Hall was what led this damn detective to us or not...but
damn if that detective didn't nab us one by one...right after the robbery....

I didn't want to go back to jail...So I accepted a deal....I gave up Mikey and Caleb for immunity from prosecution...Mikey was the big fish they really wanted...

Mikey committed suicide in County Lock Up...He was up in age and the thought of jail time was too much for him...

Caleb got 20 years....They originally said they were going to go easy on him, but when Mikey killed himself..Somebody had to pay...He got 20 - Life...That was a raw deal.."said Carl..

"And you went free?"  asked Silas..

"Yup....I went out to California....Lived out there for 15 years....San Diego...Los Angelas...San-Francisco...et al....Then gradually, I drifted back here...Met Monica Miller and the rest is history..."said Carl..

"What Happened to Lauren?" asked Silas...

Lauren fell for that cop...That Detective, Ray Talbert real hard...
She got married to him , a year later....She quit working in the bar...Went back to school , got her degree....He got promoted from Robbery to Homicide and had a storied career...Heard they had kids....Two girls....He's retired now..."said Carl..

"They still together?" asked Silas...

"Yeah, far as I know...I haven't seen her in years...She was fine as hell...I wouldn't have minded hittin that myself...

"Hmmmm.."said Silas...


"I feel like callin that Monica girl...Askin her to come over..."said Carl..

"Where does she live?" asked Silas..

"You know I don't know? " said Carl...

"Hmmmm"said Silas..

"What about your former partner, Caleb?" asked Silas..

"He's probably just getting out of prison..."laughed Carl.


III-
Silas went home...He went on his computer..
He googled Ray Talbert...
Retired Police Detective....Homicide....Highest Rank Held..Lieutenant, Homicide...

Highest closure rate-99 percent...

Married to Lauren Talbert....
Two daughters..


Dr. Monique Talbert Cotton,
Philadelphia County Head Coroner and Forensic Investigator...
 Married to Lieutenant Franklin Cotton Jr. ,Lieutenant, Homicide....


Detective Monica Lauren Talbert- Nellis, Homicide Detective..


Married to Detective Nate Nellis, Homicide Detective

Silas smiled..

"WOW!  She's a cop..and she's married....No wonder she wouldn't sleep with him and no wonder she's been asking so many questions....I gotta get back and tell him.." he said..

IV-
Caleb continued to shadow Carl's every move...

"You've done alright for yourself Carl......You fink...You cost me 20 years of my life and possibly the woman I loved...You're going to pay and soon..." he growled..

Just then he saw Silas going back into the Apartment complex, which he had bugged...

"Hey Silas....What are you doin back?  You left something?" said Carl...


"No..but I got some information you need.....That babe...That Monica Taylor you been cozying up to....No wonder she reminds you of Lauren Hall...Now Mrs. Lauren Talbert....She's her daughter..."said Silas..

Carl was stunned..

"Oh My God...The resemblance is uncanny..WOWWWW!" he said..

"Somethin more important...Her name isn't Monica Taylor...It's Monica Talbert-Nellis...DETECTIVE MONICA TALBERT NELLIS...She's a cop Carlie...A Homicide Cop...She's been tryin to get you to confess to killin your girlfriend.."said Silas...

"That explains a lot...Why I don't know where she lives and why her phone is disconnected.."said Carl..

"You need to clear out of this place right now..."said Silas..

"You're right..."said Carl..
In case you're wondering...This is where she lives with her husband...This Guy..
Detective Nate Nellis...look familliar?" asked Silas..

"Yeah..He was workin on the food truck too!" said Carl..
She's got a twin sister...Dr. Monique Talbert Cotton....The County Medical Examiner....and get this..She's married to the Lieutenant of Homicide...
Frank Cotton Jr...They all live at this address...
"said Silas..

"Good Work Silas...I'm grateful to you.....I didn't tell her nothin....I'd better clear out of here and fast.."said Carl..

"Don't mention it...Let me sky up...I'll call you when I think you're settled.."said Silas..

"Yeah, use the burner phone.."said Carl...

Silas walked out of the apartment complex...He looked around and then walked toward his car, when a garotte was slipped on his neck...

"Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" he tried to scream....but Caleb began to pull even tighter....

"You talk too much Silas...You may have put Lauren's daughters in danger...I'm going to make sure you don't cause anymore trouble..."said Caleb as he squeezed and squeezed hard....until Silas was dead..

V-
The body of Silas was found 12 hours later in the river.......Monica ,Kylie and I stood there..

 "I was afraid this would happen, we'd get another murder before we solved yours..."said Monica.
 "Mine is almost solved...The blood splatter on those shoes belongs to Monica Miller.."said Kylie
"Yeah and the fingerprints in the latex gloves are Carl Jennings...The warrant will be ready by the time we get that warrant ready...All we gotta do is pick him up.."I said..
"I know this guy..."said Lt. Cotton...

"You do..?" said Monica..
"He's a safe cracker...His name is Silas Seamen..."said Lt. Cotton..

"Yeahhh,come to think of it...I've seen him...Hanging around with Carl Jennings..."said Monica..

"His neck was broken...This was up close and personal..."said Monique..
I looked at the body...

"This doesn't seem like Carl Jennings's style..." I said.

"No it doesn't..."said Monica....
"Can we release the body?" asked Monique...
"Yeah, we are done here.." I said..

We watched as the body was put on the stretcher and taken away....

Monica's phone rang...
"Who could be calling me from this number?" asked Monica..

"Your boyfriend, Carlllll.."joked Monique..

"No!  It's Mommy!" said Monica.

(TO BE CONTINUED)


6 comments:

Toni said...

Soooooo Mrs. Talbert was quite the catch, just like her daughters!

Angie B. said...

Caleb is no joke...He plans to kill Carl...Can't say that I blame him.....

Sunflower said...

I have a feeling he killed Silas to protect Monica,Nate, Monique et al..

Lisa said...

I think he killed him to protect them also..but the damage is already done..He's already told him Monica is a cop and where she lives!

Halo said...

Silas may have told Carl...but Carl is not stupid enough to go after a cop...He just skied up!

Vanessa said...

I agree with Halo...He's just in the wind!