Friday, October 26, 2018

Two For The Heart

It was nearly 5:30 am.....The City was still sleeping for the most part....
You could see a hint of the sun rising...
Across the street from us there was a knock on the door of Ms. Jade's apartment...
Clad in panties and Bra...She put on a white night shirt and answered the door...

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?" she asked  angrilly...

It was ICE agent Shawn Columbsy...

"Jade...I couldn't get you off my mind...That and I really need to know where that girl is..Where is she Jade?" he demanded to know..

"Come to court this morning...You'll see her." said Jade...

"LOOK I'M NOT PLAYING WITH YOU!" he bellowed..
"JADE!  Who is this?" came the voice of Police Lieutenant Danny Ho, who had spent the night with Jade....He had just finished showering and getting dressed..
"That pain in the ass ICE agent I told you about...He's still trying to find Marina.."said Jade..

"It's a little early in the morning to be harrassing someone fella.."said Danny Ho..

"Who the hell are you? I'm a government agent.."snarled Shawn Columbsy...furious that this man had spent the night with Jade..
"I'm Lieutenant Daniel Ho, Philadelphia Police Department...Born and Raised in Philadelphia before you ask....Now go home....And don't let me catch you over here this time of morning or EVER again...or I'll arrest you for harrassment..." said Danny Ho...

Shawn Columbsy stomped his foot and stormed off , angrier than ever...

II-
The sun was just coming up over the horizon....
At Yvette's apartment...You could hear the shower running...for a minute.....Then silence..Then the sound of a slow Jill Scott song...The doorbell rang..

Yvette answered the door..She was wearing a short Victoria's Secret Night Shirt that came to her hips..
"Damnnn girl, you sure are sexy..."said Attorney Miles Ellis.

"What are you doing here? It's six in the morning.."said Yvette..

Miles was lucky that this was a rare night that Gary hadn't spent the night with her...She was home alone...
"I haven't seen you in two days..."said Miles..

"I was over my boyfriend's house..if you must know.."said Yvette ,now a bit exasperated..
"Ohhhhh your boyfriend!"said Miles...who didn't completely believe her....Yet she was somewhere and she wasn't home...He knew that!
"So what do you want?" asked Yvette...
Miles looked at her curvy hips and sexy legs.....

"I did hire you to be my attorney and so far I've been represented by the B-Team.."he said..


Meaning me and Bee Bee...
"I heard they did a great job....
"I got it on good word that Leslie Stoddard was in tears after yesterday' session...Today they plan to wrap this thing up..You're home free.."said Yvette...

"So where have you been?" asked Miles...

"I've been where I've been...Now please I have to get dressed..."said Yvette..

"I hired you...I expected to see you in court..."said Miles, now a little testy...
"I seriously doubt that this case is going to court...They should have this wrapped up today..."said Yvette...
"I expect my attorney of hire to be on the scene.."said Miles..

"Is that an order counselor?" asked Yvette, practically laughing...

Miles was getting a huge erection...He couldn't deny how sexy Yvette was...but he was serious about wanting her in the negotiations....Even though at this point , he couldn't afford to fire her...or her team..He knew she knew this too!
"Now I've got to get dressed....Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.."said Yvette , who closed the door and locked it.
She pulled the curtains closed.....
Miles angrily stomped his foot and walked away...
III-
That morning at court...
I brought Bee Bee a tumbler of coffee and a Blueberry Muffin...
"Awww Thank you baby.."she said and smiled..
Miles walked in...

"Good Morning guys....This should be it huh?" he said..

"Yeah, she's on the ropes...I have a feeling she's going to withdraw...We aren't giving an inch.."said Bee Bee..

Miles couldn't help but admire Bee Bee's sexy body and the sexy red dress and boots she was wearing..

He smiled..

"Where is your boss?" he asked.

''We didn't stop by the office, We came straight here,so we didn't see her."I said.
"So you haven't talked to her?" asked Miles..
"She called me last night and we went over the days events.."I said.

"Hey how come we haven't seen the young lady who has accused you? She hasn't been to either of these hearings?" asked Bee Bee changing the subject...She knew why Ms. Yvette was keeping her distance..

"Because Stoddard isn't going to show her until we go to court...If we go to court..It is a tactic of hers she has used before..."said Miles..
"Doesn't matter....We are going to wrap this up today" I said.
Miles looked sad...I knew he wanted a reason to see Ms. Yvette again...

We walked into the conference room....
Leslie Stoddard looked weary....

"We are willing to cut our asking price in half..."she said..

"No..There is no price to ask...This lawsuit has no merit...You haven't produced one bit of proof."said Bee Bee..
"You don't want to go to court do you? A long drawn out trial..?" asked Leslie Stoddard..She was trying to intimidate us....I could see that....

"We aren't going to court.."I said, smiling...
"I'll have a witness to coraberate my client's story...."she said...
"I'm betting that's the same witness your client used before isn't it?Seven times before to be exact!" came the voice of Yvette Jones , who walked in with Jade.
who had some files in her hands...

She gingerly dropped them on the table..
Leslie Stoddard looked shocked, but composed herself..
"Well ,Lead Attorney Yvette Jones, at last we meet!" she said..
Miles entire demeanor perked up...A huge smile came across his face..

"Your client has been very busy...She's worked at 7 firms in the past nine years and at all of them she has alleged that someone, usually a higher up has sexually harrassed her and she has used the same "witness " in all seven of these cases ,who backed up her story....A witness who is her live in lover...
I have photographs and depositions here to prove all of that....The plaintiffs have all chosen to pay out or settle rather than fight...You can go to court if you want...but with what I have here....Your client will wish she hadn't pressed this.."said Yvette..
Leslie Stoddard ,who had not been the young lady's attorney in the other case was exasperated and tired..

"I need a drink.....Shit!" she said.. "I move to dismiss all charges...." she sighed... She grabbed her briefcase and stood up..

"Well played Ms. Jones.." she said and walked out, looking defeated...
 I looked at Miles...

"Told you this was being wrapped up today..."I said.
"Nice save Ms. Yvette.."said Bee Bee smiling..

"You guys did an excellent job too! Giving Jade and I time to look into our accuser..."said Yvette..

"I have to go...Got to meet Sofia and Khalil in court..."said Jade..
Miles looked at Yvette..

"Damn girl...I thought you were trying to jank me....You did a great job....Your two protoge's have a future too..They were great." he said..

"You're free and clear now...The road to partnership is wide open for you now.."said Yvette..
"Girl I could kiss you." said Miles..

"Uh Uh...I'd rather you didn't...I have to go....Have a nice life Miles.."said Yvette...
 "See you around Miles.."I said ,following Ms Yvette , with my arms around Bee Bee..
"See ya Miles.."said Bee Bee..
He stood there staring at us...

IV-
The Courtroom was packed ........



Sofia and Khalil were arguing eloquently to stop the deportation of Marina Natchios....
Marina , who hadn't been seen all week walked into the courthouse  in the morning as if she wasn't the target of a citywide ICE manhunt...

Unknown to ICE...She had been staying with friends of Jade in Chinatown the entire time...All of her things had quietly been returned to her apartment....

Khalil argued passionately that Marina had been in the United States for nearly 15 years...and had been a good citizen...Not one scrape with the law...She had gotten a drivers license , had gotten both a Bachelors and a Master's degree, had been gainfully employed the entire time and all of her student and work visas were up to date..

He paraded people from her job and who had gone to school with her as charactor witnesses....

Sofia attacked the validity of her deportation order..She questioned why she was being deported in the first place...

"Why now?" she asked and she stared right into the face of Incumbant Senator Harrison Pontiac , who was sitting with his attorney sweating bullets...

She gave a lengthy condemnation of this present administration in the white house and how they had gone after Latinos and Black people from African and Carribean nations and niw were finally going after a white immigrant, An eastern European one...And like the others, for no good reason she argued...




Ms.Yvette, Jade, Bee Bee and I stood in the back of the courtroom cheering her on....

Several spectators, Black and Latino and women cheered and clapped...

The Judge called for order...
Kahlil closed out his argument saying that this was particularly cruel because she was with child...While never calling the father's name..He did say the father was an American citizen....Who assured them he would take care of the baby financially....as well as Ms. Natchios..


Sofia and Khalil had met with the Senator and his Attorney and promised not to reveal his name if he promised to do his part for Ms. Natchios and the baby...

They signed an affadavit saying they would...

It took the Judge little more than 30 minutes to vacate the Deportation order ,making Marina free and clear...
She cried tears of joy....She didn't look Harrison Pontiac's direction and he and his attorney quickly filed out..

"OH THANK YOU!!! THANK YOU BOTH SOOO MUCH!" she said and hugged Khalil and Sofia..
 "You can thank Ms. Yvette too...She told us to meet with Senator Pontiac and his Attorney"said Khalil...
"Yes...Once we did that...This outcome was more than sealed.."said Sofia...
"There they are now" said Marina, who hugged Ms. Yvette, Jade and Bee Bee...

"Ohhhhh thank you all soooo much.." she said..
"Ohhhhhhhhhh you're welcome..." said Yvette,laughing...
''Sorry I had to bail on your case in the middle,but I was needed elsewhere..But it didn't matter, Sofia and Khalil handled their business"said Bee Bee ,hugging all three of them


While that was going on...Two men stood in the back of the courtroom...
ICE Agent Shawn Columbsy...He had failed to locate Marina in time...and he had failed to get next to Jade..
Knowing that another man shared her bed left him equally distraught.....
He stomped his foot and angrilly left the courthouse....
Attorney Miles Ellis stood in the back of the courtroom...

He marveled at how much Ms. Yvette cared for the four of us and worked behind the scenes of all of our cases




She seemed happier than he ever remembered...She had a purpose...Mentoring us...
She was indeed a good woman....Not just sexy, but a good woman...He really liked her....All of that euphoria changed in just minutes...
Gary walked in....

"Heyyyy guys, from the looks on your faces you all were successful today in court...
"Yes they were...I was so proud of all of them....Guys, it's Thursday...You have tomorrow and Monday off...Enjoy your long weekend...Don't spend it all in bed.." she said and winked...
"I want to spend the whole weekend with you in bed...I hope it rains.."said Gary...
"Oh Hush up smarty.." said Yvette laughing...
They kissed passionately.....

 "She does have a boyfriend!! She wasn't lying"said Miles Ellis.
Jade smiled...

"We might have to throw a bucket of water on them."

"I know...Them too!" said Bee Bee looking at Sofia and Kahlil

over in the corner, kissing passionately also..
I smiled and pulled Bee Bee towards me..
"Jade ,you'd better not throw any water on us."I laughed..
Bee Bee kissed me passionately...
"Ummmm that's good.." she said softly..
Jade smiled, shaking her head...
Miles Ellis was sorry he had followed Yvette here...He turned and walked out of the court room...



EPILOUGE-
 We celebrated at Josie's that night..


Miles Ellis, though cleared of any wrong doing was asked by the partners at his law firm to tinder his resignation...Despite his innocence , they didn't think he'd make a good fit...They wrote him a glowing recomendation though..
Marina Natchios had a little boy...She named him Noah...She is working on getting her citizenship..She still lives and works in Philadelphia..

Harrison Pontiac pays child support on time, but has nothing to do with mother or child...
 "I don't know about you guys ,but I'm going to enjoy this long weekend.." I said..
 "Let's buy groceries like we did when we were in Houston and spend it inside, we can cook our own food and just hang out like we did in college..."said Sofia..
 "We have the largest apartment and there are two bedrooms.. So we can hang out in our place..."said Bee Bee.
''Just like in college..You hanging out with us Ms. Jade..?" asked Kahlil..
"Thank you for the offer, but I'll be with Danny ,at his place this weekend..."said Jade..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu" we all said as toasted .......

''Well Counselor...This is early for you...Must of had a good day in court huh?" said Gus, the bartender and owner of Josie's
"I did and I can't think of a better place to celebrate than here.."said Yvette...who was sitting in Gary's lap..
Gary was hugging her and kissing her
in between sips of his drink..

 A Nice Ending to a trying week!


10 comments:

Toni said...

Can't believe I'm just getting around to commenting...Great Story Keith!

Sunflower said...

Fantastic Storytelling As usual!

Angie B. said...

What can I say? You've once again blessed us with a great story!

Lisa said...

Fantastic Storytelling !

Halo said...

Great ending..Loved it..Hope we see more of Miles Ellis!

Vanessa said...

If we can see more of Rockland Cambridge...We certainly can see more of Client Bae ie- Miles Ellis.

Brenda said...

I loved the rhythm of this story...I was actually sorry to see it end..

Rita said...

Thoroughly enjoyed this story...Want to see Miles Ellis in the future...

Cheryl said...

Great story..Definitely want to see more of Miles Ellis..

Keith said...

Miles Ellis will be returning!