Monday, October 8, 2018

Man On The Rooftop

PHILADELPHIA, 2042

I sat six blocks from the apartment complex we were watching with a powerful telephoto lense with a micro computer inside that helped me zero in on the room she was in as if I was right up on the window...The wire she was wearing inside her bra was picking up the conversation perfectly..
I'm Detective Nate Nellis
I investigate homicides.....
I was staring at my wife and partner, Detective Monica Nellis, who was undercover, talking to a murder suspect, Carl Jennings...

''So Carl, you want me to be your baby right?" said Monica..

''You know it girl.." he said, nearly salivating and looking her up and down...She was wearing a Hot Pink ,form fitting mini skirt that accentuated her every curve...

Carl Jennings was old enough to be both Monica and I's fathers, yet he had a love for younger women..Didn't most guys?

"But Carl honey, I don't know anything about you...You know everything about me..Where I was born and raised...My family...My marital status..." said Monica..

''You mean your seperation?...You've got an older sister.....What more do you need to know?" he asked.

"Like what happened to the girl you used to live with? ,Police say she was shot to death..." said Monica.

"I told you ,I aint have nothin to do with that...besides...I was thirty miles away...Outside of Philly at my job when it happened...It was a drug hit gone wrong..." he said..

''It's just a week old and you want to jump my bones already.." said Monica.

''Damn right..All I been thinkin aout is gettin in them panties...I aint gone lie..I'm givin it to you straight.." he said..
"Ouuuuu, I like a man that's bold.." said Monica..

"I swear though...You remind me of another woman I knew a long time ago...You look just like her...I can't put my finger on her name...Laura or somethin like that..." he said.

His live in girlfriend, also named Monica...Monica Miller , 25 had been found shot to death....The killer made it look as though it was a break in, but the glass was on the wrong side of the window....Nothing was stolen....We found no DNA, No fingerprints and worse no murder weapon...At least not yet...We were looking..

It was Detective Kylie White's case....

We found her previous boyfriend...They had had a violent break up and he had threatened her in front of witnesses...but he had the perfect alibi...

HE WAS IN COUNTY JAIL, the night of the murder and hadn't made any phone calls or had any visitors since he'd been locked up...

So now we were looking at the present boyfriend, who she was planning to leave...She had already signed a lease for a new apartment...

He never saw Monica, when Kylie brought him down for questioning..but she heard his thoughts and could feel the rage in his emotions....She knew that he was lying when he said he wasn't involved and that he had in fact killed Monica Miller and was confident that we would never be able to prove it...

He had clocked into his night job...and he had taken part in a card game a little while afterword...Witnesses to his whereabouts had truthfully testified to this...

But Monica knew he was lying and that he had killed her..  We couldn't use that without compromising her secret that she was a mutant with telepathic powers...

We needed more..

That's when Monica decided to go undercover and try to get a confession..

II-
"I don't like this Mo-Mo..."said Lt. Cotton..

''He doesn't know me...I get him to talking , get a confession and we move in...Piece of cake.." said Monica..
"You got three days...After that...Whether you get it or not..I'm pullin you." said Lt. Cotton.
"She'll wear a wire...Kylie and I will be right there.." I said..
"Okay, but I still don't like it...What happened to just searching for more physical evidence..?" he asked.
His girlfriend, Monica Miller lived in an area, under served by Street Cams and Traffic cams..There was no Business or ATM cameras near her house...So we couldn't track him that way...
Detective Kylie White tapped on the window of my flying car..
I smiled and let her in...
"Hey Nate...She get anything good yet?"she asked..

''No, Only that this guy, who is old enough to be her father is a horn dog and he wants to take her to bed." I said.
"He's such a dog..He asked me to open my blouse ..Told me he wanted to see the size and color of my bra ,when I brought him in for questioning last week...She doesn't really think he's going to tell her he did it does she?"asked Kylie..
''She thinks she can get it out of him..."I said..''Got anything on him?"I asked..

"He sells drugs....He's got a partner that moves his package...He's strictly small potatoes.. I have a team searching that entire area....There is a stream near there...Hopefully we'll find the gun...We searched his apartment...We found nothing..The witnesess at his card game all checked out and at his job....but there was one thing...He was missing for a whole hour while at work...His supervisor confirmed that and he so far can't account for that.."said Kylie.

"He couldn't make up that time in a car...but in a flying car, He could make that distance in  15 minutes...Kill her, ditch his weapon and whatever else and be back in about 45 minutes...Maybe a little more. I'll go by Spaceport..They keep a log of every flying car and the time they take off and how long they're in the air.."I said.

"Really? Even yours?" asked Kylie..

"Yup! Even mine!" I said..

Carl had Monica up against the wall...

He was kissing her neck..She could feel his hot breath on her neck and her cheek and it made her sick to her stomach...

He was trying to put his hands up her skirt...

''Come on baby...You've got me as hot as a fire cracker in a gas station.."he moaned..
Monica eased away from his embrace with all the strength she could muster...

''Carrrl, pleassssssssssssssse...We barely know each other..."said Monica, running around the table...

'We've been out drinkin three times and I've bought you dinner once..How much we gotta know each other.? Now give big daddy a big wet one.."he said..

Monica slipped away from him...

"If you don't stop...I'm leaving..."she said.

He was sweating and out of breath....His trousers were sticking out like a circus tent...

''Did you shoot your ex-girlfriend? Look me in the eye and tell me you didn't!" asked Monica.

"Is that all you wanna know? No..I didn't kill her...I was at work...Okay? I think she owed money to some drug boys...and she didn't pay.Why are you askin so many questions about that?." he said..

Monica scanned his mind...He was lying....but he was so wide open she could see a lot of things...More than she had previously seen..

''People are talking...At the job...On the Streets."said Monica,staring him in the face...

"Talkin aint knowin...Ya know...I could swear that you were looking deep into my soul almost..." he said...

He pulled out a package...

She frowned..

"Damn, you sling too?" she asked.

"Yeah..I'm not big time...Just adds a little extra income..Income I could use to buy you the things you want..."he said..

"Yeah, that would be nice.."said Monica.

"But now if you want me to be nice to you..you uh gotta be nice to Big daddy." he said..

III-

I continued to look through my super telephoto lense..

''We could bust him on possession, conspiracy to distribute while we look.."I said.
''Yeah, but could we hold him?" asked Kylie.
''Kylie? Is Carl Jennings on anybody else's uh wish list?  Narcotics?, Vice?? , FBI, ATF, DEA??" I asked.

"I don't think so...He's too small potatoes for the Feds..I don't know that he's a target of Vice or the Narcos...They read the twenties in the morning...They'd of told us..Why?"she asked..
"There's another man on the roof , across the street from Carl Jennings...
He's got a Telephoto lense like mine, only it's a more up to date version...
and he's looking into the same room I'm looking into.." I said.
''Whattttttttttt? ,Let me see."said Kylie.


 She took the Telephoto lense and looked herself...
''It sure is...Who is he?" she asked..
''Maybe we should pull Mo-Mo out of there." I said.

The man looked at Monica..

 ''Oh My God...It's her...but it can't be....That must be her daughter..." the man said.
He imagined how she'd look now...

"That must be her daughter...and she's a cop...Trying to catch him in a sting...She looks just like her mother...She walks like her talks like her...I wonder if she's a mutant like her mother...She would have to be...Oh My God...After all these years....LAUREN!!!!"he said...
Inside the apartment complex....

Monica said..

''Carl...I'll give what you say some thought...but I don't know...I'd like to know you better."

"The best way to get to know me is to experience me in bed...." he snarled..

"There are other ways better than that.." she said as she got up to go...

He squeezed her behind and slammed her up against the wall..He dry humped her from the back..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...please let me have you.."he moaned..

Monica inched away from him...causing him to smack right dead into the wall..

''Take a cold shower Carl." she said.

The man across the street steamed..

''Take your filthy hands off of her Carl...I'd kill you right now...But that will come later.." he said.

 Monica watched to make sure she wasn't followed...and joined Kylie and me in the flying car...


 ''Ewww he skieves me out...I'm sending this dress to the cleaners right away...." said Monica.

''You got one more day Mo-Mo and then you have to come down off of him..."I said.

 ''I know...I've already been working this guy two more days than I was supposed to...I may have to give him a little somethin more to get him to talk...but I don't want to kiss him, I don't want him touching me...His breath stinks...Ewwwwwwwwwwww and he's all sweaty...Yuck." said Monica..
''Better you than me doll." said Kylie.

IV-
At the squadroom ,Lt. Cotton was waiting for us..

''Anything New?" he asked..

''No..I'm afraid not.." I said.
''Well We know he sells drugs as a side hustle..He confessed to that."said Kylie.
"Nice if we were Narcos...but we are murder police...Need I remind you? And this case is already a week old..." said Lt. Cotton..

''Okay...but I have an idea where we can find some solid evidence.."said Monica.

''I have solid evidence..."said my sister in law and Monica's twin sister, Monique...

''You do?"asked Monica..

''Our Killer is a secreter..he sweats a lot...It was 105 degrees the day of the murder and that afternoon the temperature went down to only 85...Our victim had no AC...Our killer was sweating...He wiped his brow with paper towells..We have his DNA...." said Monique..
"He touched this dress....His fingerprints are all over it as well as a little sweat maybe...Maybe, Maybe,Maybe we can get a DNA match.."said Monica.
''I hate to be all Debbie Downer...but that was his girlfriend...he was there occassionally...His DNA would be there.."I said.
"Damn it, Nothing is breaking our way on this case...You guys haven't had a cold case yet....This seems too simple a homicide to become one.." aid Lt. Cotton...

That night , the four of us stood outside of our duplex...


"I have a feeling that things are going to turn around soon in this case..." said Monica, who gave me a soft kiss...
"Things are turning around right now in my pants." I thought..
Monica heard my thought and giggled..



''I certainly hope so..It's not even our case.."I said.

"Kylie is your friend...She's helped you two out on numerous cases...So it kinda is your case."said Lt. Cotton.


Unknown to us...The Man on the roof was a few feet from us, snapping photos..

''Oh My God...Lauren had two daughters..Identical twins...
They look just like her...They both move just like she does...How long has it been?  Those could have been my daughters...we might have had a future..

After I kill Carl Jennings...I must find her.. said the man...
as he continued snapping photos.

(TO BE CONTINUED)


12 comments:

Toni said...

Love the new look of Escapades! Love the story too!

Angie B. said...

I was over at "Keith'S Space" and "Good Foodie." You've overhauled the look on all three of your blogs! I like it! Love the premise of this story too!

Sunflower said...

Monica and Monique's mother is a mutant also isn't she? Interesting....Love the blog's new look!

Halo said...

New Look for the Blog eh? Love It!

Lisa said...

Nice new modern look for your blogs...I saw all of them...You stayed true to the original templates with a dash of new!

Vanessa said...

Nice new look, Nice new story! Winning!

Brenda said...

I too was over at "Keith'S Space" and "Good Foodie."This morning. You've overhauled the look on all three of your blogs! I like it! Love this story line too!

Rita said...

I just Love the new look of Escapades! Love the story too!

Cheryl said...

Nice new modern look for your blogs...I saw all of them...Sweet!

Tate 2 said...

I swear, Monica looks like a snack...

Swaggie said...

Don't She now?

Cheryl said...

LMAO!