Wednesday, August 7, 2019

Brothers

The Psychological Obersevation Center was cold and clinical....There were windows everywhere and bright sunshine poured into the hallways....

I kind of had the creeps walking through the hallways , seeing people behind glass windows in their rooms, peering out at us..

"Bae, I'm sure they are just as creeped out by us..."said Monica, reading my thoughts and feeling my emotions...and rubbing my hands softly..
I smiled at her...
She smiled back and gave me a short, but soft and sweet kiss..


"What Am I going to do with you?" she asked and laughed..

One of the Doctor's pointed us to the Observation room housing serial killer, Ralph Neglar.


Ralph Neglar had strangled 4 young girls and a young man and deposited them in the Schuylkill River...It took us three days to capture him and get a confession...He was ruled clinically insane and incompetant for trial...Thus he had to be remanded to the Psychological Observation Center or POC ,until further notice...

Ralph Neglar was the youngest of two boys....They couldn't have been more different...Brian Leglar was gregarious, outgoing, popular...excelled in school...

While Ralph was always a little different, wetting the bed up until he was 17, torturing animals and burying them in the backyard...He barely graduated from high school..

Older brother Brian graduated with honors and graduated from Wharton with a B.A. and MBA in business...

Ralph enlisted in the U.S. Marines and served for eight years before being honorably discharged...
He worked at a number of menial low paying jobs and had an apartment....He also had a drinking problem and a substance abuse problem that began when he was in the military...

It was this apartment building where 3 of the four young women he is accused of killing vanished from...

The fourth young lady and her boyfriend vanished from a lovers lane, where our murder victim,Peter Dinkins had been with a young lady and had eye witnessed him shooting the young man and raping and strangling the young girl..



It was his testimony, along with prints and DNA that matched the first three victims that led to us arresting him....

"He hasn't made any phone calls from here...or emails either...He just sits and stares or walks around in circles..."said the Doctor..."He's got no money , not the kind you say it would take to hire three high priced assasains from Europe to hit you or Dinkins." said the Doctor..

"How about his brother, Brian? I hear he has his own Real Estate Business and he's made a killing.He has the money.
" I said.

"Yes he does...but he wouldn't do it...He's not very close to his brother...
"When we interviewed him , he seemed very embarrassed by his brother's crimes." said Monica.



"He never visits...or calls or sends anything.." said the Doctor..

Monica was quiet...She was listening to his thoughts....

Finally...She turned to me...

"Come on Partner...We'll get nothing of any use from him..."she said..


II-
"I imagine we won't be riding the two way Monorail today?" I asked.


"Nooooo, not today....We'll have to play tonight at home.." she said with a wink...

We kissed in the back  hallway...

"Here, I hope this will hold you until we get home.. Horn dog!" she said in between kisses.

A little while later we met with Real Estate Mogul, Brian Legler...

He was the older brother, but he looked the youngest...

"I'm not close with my brother...I haven't had any contact with him since he got arrested by you two..."he said.

Monica nodded..

He was telling the truth...
"How about this guy?"I said and I showed him a photo of the recently deceased..

Derrick Schremph..

or this guy,

the recently deceased Brian Barlow...known criminals...You know them?" I asked.

He jumped..

"No, I don't know them....I've never met these men." he said..


Monica turned her head..  he was lying.

"These are your bank accounts and they were both wired money from these off shore accounts...Then after both men's deaths...The money mysteriously vanished from their accounts back into these two accounts which were closed.." she said softly...

"I-I don't know anything about that." he said..

Monica looked at me...

He was lying. Finally Monica showed him a photo of a woman...

a very beautiful woman..


"That's my girlfriend...What has she got to do with this?" he asked.. "Is something wrong detective?" he asked and began to smile...

"I feel dizzy Mo Mo.."I said and sat down...holding my head, which fell to the table...soon I was lying on the floor...the room felt like it was spinning around...

I feel something, some one's presence so strong...."said Monica...

"She was paid from the same account Mr. Leglar.. She's here isn't she Mr. Leglar?...in your..in your bedroom..."said Monica as she collapsed in the middle of the floor..

"I'm dizzy, room feels like it's spinning around...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."said Monica before she dozed off!

I tried to stand up....but I collapsed again....
"What was that you were saying Detectives?" laughed  Brian Leglar.






III-
Monica and I woke up hours later....in Brian Leglar's apartment room bed...

Believe it or not...It had been a very comfortable..

There were no sheets or bedspreads on the bed...just a plain bed...It had been stripped...


I looked out the window..

"Mo Mo..it's night!" I said..I looked at my watch...

"We've been asleep for EIGHT HOURS." I said..


Monica looked out the window, then looked at an air vent...

"A steady flow of air has been pumped in here laced with Belladonna, I smell the last remnants of it.. That knocked us out cold...Same stuff Dr. Lyedecker used on Kylie and I on Mars..." she said.

"How come it didn't affect him?" I asked.

"Either he has a high tolerance for it.....Or he took a pill that protected him from it's affects....He had this air pumping when we came in here.. And baby girl was here too...I can sense her...She has a strong presence...very strong..."said Monica.

"She has a strong tolerance too?" I asked.

"Either that or she took a pill also...Look at this place...Everything is gone, Clothing, clocks, TV monitors, Alexa, papers, everything...This place is bare....We slept through the whole thing." said Monica.

"They even took the bed spreads....and we can't go after them because they've had an EIGHT HOUR head  start!" I said...

"Well we know one thing....This has nothing to do with our Serial Killer...I scanned his mind...Nothing on it but lurid sex...Much like yours." she said and laughed...

She took my hand...

"Let's go get something to eat...All that sleep has made me good and hungry..." she said..

IV-
It was night time...

Monica and I found a nice diner...

We both ordered two steaks and a baked potato...

"Damn...We've been gone so long...I forgot...Monique was supposed to wash my hair tonight..."said Monica as we ate quietly...

"I like it just fine the way it is," I said softly...
"You really do ,don't you? Awwwwwwwwww." she said and she leaned over the table and kissed me.


The Dinkins Murder was down....We pretty much know that Brian Barlow did that...but now we had two suspects, Brian Legler and his mysterious mutant girlfriend...and it had nothing to do with Brian's serial killer older brother...Maybe we should start looking at the other brother...as well as murder victim, Dinkins...What were they into?

That was the question, we had to answer..

(TO BE CONTINUED)


No comments: