Thursday, August 15, 2019

Flowers For Sofia

Tuesday Morning , Ms. Yvette, Amil, Bee Bee and Kahlil were in court on time...
 ''Well ,will you look at this..we beat ole wet pants here today...I dare him to lecture anybody on punctuality again." said Ms. Yvette , who was especially feisty today...
 "Old Wet Pants?" said Amil, who didn't know the origin of the new nickname..
 ''Long Story....He's probably too embarrassed to face us.. Probably thinks Sofia is with us." said Bee Bee.
"He'd better not utter her name.." said an angry Kahlil, who was also looking forward to a showdown this morning..

Yvette worried about him...She didn't want him hauled into jail for contempt.. Judge Stevens held the record for deportations...He also held the record for jailing the most attorneys for contempt...Nearly all of them African-American and Latino...
She worried about herself too, which was why Bee Bee was along as a calming influence for them both..

 Ms. Yvette's significant other , D.A.'s Investigator, Gary Lockwood  ran into me on my way to the office..

He said..

"Keith ,I don't know about Bee Bee, but when a woman is upset at somebody else...It is the best sex imaginable..

Your supervisor turned me inside out last night...whooooooo." he exclaimed...


Thinking of the night he and Yvette had just had!

He was right...I remember Bee Bee being fired up about a case and rocking my world in the bed...Angry sex was indeed good sex..

"You're right man...I love it when Bee Bee is passionate about a case...She is a beast in the bed... doesn't want to stop.."I agreed with him as we both bought coffee and laughed..



"Yes lord! " he laughed.. "So Ms. Yvette and Bee Bee and Kahlil are in court today huh?  I don't know if it was a good idea for Kahlil to go...He might fly off the handle..I know I would if I were him.." said Gary..

"Yeah me too..I offered to go in his place..but he insisted."I said..

"How is Sofia?" asked Gary..

''She's okay.....I guess..." I said.."I'm going to meet with her in a few minutes." I said.
Later  in our office...



Sofia and I and Jade..refiled Amal's student and work visas...We scanned copies of our paperwork and emailed it to immigration...and we worked feverishly on his application for U.S. Citizenship...We booked a hearing for him, a month from now and a date to take the test...Immigration scanned and sent us the necessary study materials. We didn't mention Judge Stevens.

II-
And at Immigration Court, A half hour went by and no sign of Judge Stevens...


"This is odd..We were the only case on his docket today....He's a very punctual man...Not like him to be late..."said Yvette..

"Maybe we can get another judge to hear us.." said Kahlil...
"I looked at the other judges dockets...They're booked solid..." said Bee Bee..

"Awww I don't believe this...I need to get this done with.."said Amil...


Yvette had left to inquire about Judge Stevens...

''We might as well pack it up and go home guys.. The Judge called out sick." said Yvette.


"Hangover?  Sofia did say he was knocking back the drinks last night.." said Bee Bee..
''Who knows? but that gives us time to get his paperwork in order...Renew his visas and get his application for citizenship paperwork completed..."said Yvette..


"That's great..."said Amil...

"Hang Loose buddy...Good News is coming!" said Kahlil, patting Amil on the back..

"If I had to take a guess....I'm betting he's meeting with HIS Attorney right now, trying to figure out damage control." said Yvette..

''He knows he crossed  the line last night.."said Bee Bee.

"What did he do?" asked Amal...

''What didn't he do? he sexually assaulted Sofia...well almost.."said Kahlil..
"Oh My God...Is she okay?" asked Amal...
''She's fine....Let's just say the Judge got a little ahead of himself before anything could go down." said Yvette.
Bee Bee laughed...

"That's an interesting way to put it."
III-

In the office of Matthew Patience, Attorney at law, in downtown Philadelphia..


"Monroe...YOU DID WHAT?  and with an attorney arguing a case in your courtroom?? Are you crazy??" asked Matthew Patience..

"I couldn't help myself...I had been drinking and she has a great body, was wearing this short mini skirt, has these shapely legs...awwww..oh my god..Next thing I know...

We are kissing , we are up against the wall and I blew my load and she pushed me away and ran out of the restaurant..."said Judge Stevens..getting an erection just thinking about Sofia Garcia.

"You were kissing her or were you groping her?  Does it even matter? You weren't supposed to be with her period...She can hold this over you...If she goes to the press or worse, the Board of Ethics...You're through....You'll most certainly be removed from the bench...You might even be disbarred.. What were you thinking? Going near her on the eve of a hearing...My God man, you've already been censored six times before, removed from Common Pleas court..My God Man!"said Mathew Patience...

"I couldn't help myself..she had on these red, white and blue silk  panties..awww lawd!"said Judge Stevens..
Getting aroused just remembering when he hiked Sofia's skirt up and saw them …..
"I don't want to hear about that!!!....I don't want to hear about  her underwear....Underwear you shouldn't have seen...What the hell is wrong with you?  HOW OLD ARE YOU??You're not some horny first year attorney just out of law school...You are however a horny old man...Ohhh Monroe, You've got to do damage control....An Apology, done in person would be nice...Send her some flowers...and to be extra nice...Let her win this case..."said the attorney.


''WHAT? Let her win this case?  Now wait just a minute here...I have a reputation...I have never apologized to an attorney for anything.. I've jailed quite a few for contempt....and because of this , you say let her win a case?? I-I-I just can't do that!" said Monroe Stevens..

"You'd better make this a first if you want to have a career....She goes to the press with this or worse , the Board of Ethics...and it's bye bye Monroe.. If you don't get disbarred...You'll certainly be removed from the bench...You'll be practicing law in that old storefront office we started out in on Front Street years ago...Remember that? "said Matthew Patience..

"Know a good florist?" asked Judge Stevens...






IV-

I closed the door to my office...Sofia and Kahlil were in there, They wanted to be alone!

 "The coward didn't show up huh?" said Sofia in between slow, soft kisses...

"Ohhhhhh papi.." moaned Sofia.

"No he didn't...He didn't want to face you, face what he'd done...ummmmmmmm."moaned Kahlil

"Let's not talk about him..."said Kahlil..

"Ummmm papi let's not.."said Sofia in between more kisses.

The rest of us stood outside

 "This delay was good...We have his student and work visas all renewed.." said Yvette.
 ''And you guys got to working on his citizen ship application.."said Bee Bee.
 "Yes...we got a date set up for next month...and they scanned us the study materials.."I said.
"Then his deportation is all but a moot point." said Ms. Jade.

"You would think...but that Judge always has something up his sleeves..."said Yvette..

Just then a courier walked into our office...He had a Bouquet of Pretty Flowers..

I was stunned...

"Pretty Late in the day fella....It's almost quittin time around here.."I said..

"Yeah, I know...The person who sent these paid good money.....He insisted we get these here before end of business...." said The Courier.  You wanna sign for them?" he asked..

"I'll get the person they're for to sign."I said.
 "Wanna take a wager who they're from ?" asked Bee Bee.
"That would be a sucker bet." mused Yvette..

"They're beautiful" said Jade.
I knocked on the door of my office...

"Uh Sofia...There is uh something here for you...It just came."I said...

There was quiet...

Sofia fixed her hair and her make up...


Kahlil straightened his clothes out and wiped Sofia's lipstick off of his face and collar..

They both emerged from the office to see the flowers..
Sofia's eyes got as wide as saucers....
She smiled at Kahlil until she read the card that came with them...

"Ms. Garcia...I am sorry for any impropriety that may have occurred the night before...We were both drinking heavily and may have gotten a little carried away...M.S."

Now her smile turned to anger!

"Read this...We were both drinking very heavily....NO  YOU WERE DRINKING VERY HEAVILY AND YOU GOT CARRIED AWAY!  You had your grubby little hands up my skirt all night..You kept trying to kiss me...You exploded in your pants...He's trying to make it sound like we were both complicit."screamed Sofia..

"Yes Sofia...He's trying to take it all off of him...He's using lawyerese...He probably spent the day with his attorney. Just like Ms. Yvette said."said Bee Bee..

"This Skunk...He just can't apologize and say he's sorry...Never him? Apologize to an attorney, noooooooooo...Well wait until tomorrow...Just wait."said an angry Ms. Yvette.
"Ouuuuu I can't wait until tomorrow."said Kahlil..
"How about we all go to show a united front.. You might need an Attorney if he decides to toss you guys into jail for contempt.."I joked..

'That's a good idea."laughed Jade..
"They're such pretty flowers...I hate to throw them in the trash.."said Sofia.


looking at them..

"Don't throw them in the trash honey...Let me get a vase and put them in some water...They'll brighten up our office ."said Bee Bee.
I followed Bee Bee to the kitchen...I put my arms around her as she ran the water..

"Ouuuu Hot Stuff...is that a gun in your pocket or do you just love your Bee Bee that much?" she giggled..
''I haven't seen you all day..and yes to both questions...I love my Bee Bee that much"I said.
''Awwww Your Bee Bee loves you too! More than you know..." she said..

She turned and kissed me passionately....

As the water in the sink continued to run..

(CONCLUSION NEXT)






No comments: