Monday, August 12, 2019

On A Clear Day ,You Can Be Deported

PHILADELPHIA- EARLY  SATURDAY MORNING

ICE agents descend upon a house...

"YO!  OPEN UP!  OPEN UP! THIS IS IMMIGRATION!  IS AMIL CABRAL THERE?"

"Who wants to know?"

"OPEN THIS GOTDAMN DOOR!" said the ICE AGENT...

"YOU GOT A WARRANT?" came a voice from inside.

"OPEN THE DOOR!"

"I know my rights, I aint openin a gotdamn thing."came the voice from inside..

"KNOCK IT DOWN!" came the voice of the ICE AGENT.


In my apartment, blocks away...Bee Bee stares at me...I'm Attorney Keith Jones and she is fellow attorney, Beatrice "Bee Bee" Evans, my girlfriend....
I hike her night gown up and she eases herself down on me and begins to move up and down...in the middle of my bed...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu baby you feel sooo damn gooooooooooooood!" she moans...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh so do you Beatrice..."I moan...

"Ouuuuuuuu I love it when you call me Beatrice....ummmmmmmmmmm…."she said..


"That's your name.."I said.

"But the way you say it with that deep baritone turns me onn.." she cooed.

She smothers me with warm kisses....
and continues to move up and down on me even slower...driving me to madness..

"Ouuuuuuu you like that daddy?" she asks...

"Ohhhhhh god...I love it.." I say..

She giggles like a school girl.

Seemingly so unapproachable in law school....she seems tickled pink to be my woman.


Blocks away, more ICE raids are taking place....


"YO! OPEN UP! OPEN UP! THIS IS IMMIGRATION! "

"Leave Us Alone"


"OPEN THIS GOTDAMN DOOR!" said the ICE AGENT...


"YOU GOT A WARRANT? "


"OPEN THE DOOR!" said another agent.

 While Blocks away and down the hall from Bee Bee and I
 Attorney Kahlil Ahmed, my best friend  is lifting his girlfriend, Attorney Sofia Garcia up...
 Slipping her panties down and hoisting up her night shirt..
and entering her slowly and softly...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh mamasita….you've got that good good.."he moaned... 

"Aye papi, Aye Mios dios…" she moaned in Spanish....

"Ouuuuuuu papi, you always want it...Do you ever get enough?" moaned Sofia..

"Of you? Never!" he said..

"I wish you had told me this when we were in school...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...We could have been doing it a lot.." she said..

"Well, we are making up for it now..ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."he said..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu yeah, ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu yesss.." she moaned..



WHILE BLOCKS AWAY, ICE AGENTS HAVE CAPTURED WHO THEY CAME FOR!

"Come along Amil….We got you now." said Ice Agents as they handcuffed a young Iraqi man..

They caught him coming home from an after hours club.

"You can't do this....I want to speak to a lawyer..." said the man...

"We can do whatever we want..."said an Ice Agent.







II-
And at Gary Lockwood's house...That same Saturday Morning..

"So Nice to have a weekend off... seems like we've both been working so much!"said Yvette..

Ms. Yvette Jones, Attorney and our supervisor at the law firm we all work for.


in between slow ,soft kisses that were driving them both to madness..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I'm just enjoying you Yvette Denise.."said Gary...Once a Homicide Detective and a Lieutenant in the Internal Affairs unit...Now an Investigator in the District Attorney's Office.

"I Should have never told you my middle name." laughed Yvette...
as she rode up and down on him in the center of his new couch up on the terrace of his house...

as the sun rose...
While half a city away....

"I need to talk to a lawyer..."said Amil Cabral..

"Lawyer can't help you now...You're on your way back to Iraq pal.." said an Ice Agent..

"And to think, I served in the U.S. Military to protect assholes like you."said Amal..

"What did you say?" said the Ice Agent...who punched Amil in the stomach...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."moaned Amil in pain...

"Yeah, just what I thought..."said the Ice Agent..

"HEYYYYY!" screamed ICE Agent in charge, Shawn Columbsy…

"There is no need for that....I'd better not see that again." he said to the Ice Agent who punched Amil..

"Sorry Sir." said the agent...






III-

A Saturday Morning...At Sam Mother's Diner..

 Cheddar Omelets
Waffles, Sausage, Scrambled Eggs,  Coffees  and Mimosas were spread across the table in our booths...We were hungry....


"I don't know about you guys, but I am starving.."said Kahlil...

 "I think we all are Papi and for the same reasons.."giggled Sofia..

We all had had quite a work out in bed this morning.
 "I plead the fifth...isn't that right hot stuff.?"said Bee Bee.. 

That has been her nickname for me ever since we first had sex...

Her foot was out of her sandals and was rubbing the crotch area of my trousers from across the table..She looked at me with a devilish grin..
I just laughed..

"What ever you say my love.." I said.."Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." I groaned..


Bee Bee laughed wickedly...She liked that she was turning me on again...
Sofia looked at her girlfriend and giggled.
Ms. Jade walked in and sat down across from us...We hadn't seen her much in the past three days since our last case...

"Guys, I got an anonymous text this morning...Of course I'm sure I know who it's from...but it was different..The texter was saying that a guy, an Amal Cabril was arrested by ICE a few hours ago and he's asking for an attorney...He's about to be deported..He hasn't been allowed a phone call and he's asking for an Attorney." she said.

"I know him...His family and my family are from the same village...They came here the same time my family did...Unlike my mother and father...they didn't become citizens...My folks were citizens before I was born...and having been born in Philly,I'm an automatic citizen..but Amal, he was born in Iraq...He came here at three months old...He's not a citizen, but he was working on it...He's in law school...Hell ,he served 8 years in the U.S. Air Force...."said a suddenly distraught Kahlil..


''We're here for you buddy....You want us to go with you to Immigration to see him? See if he's alright?" said Bee Bee..

"We are all going...You guys hung with me when my friend got in a jam..How can we not go?" I said.

 "It's unanimous...We'll go after we finish breakfast...Are you eating Ms. Jade?" asked Sofia..

"I'm just having coffee." she said.

IV-



A little while later the five of us arrived at our local Immigration Family Detention Center...What a joke...
"I wondered when the rest of you would get here....I imagine you all got a mysterious anonymous text in your phones too."said Ms. Yvette, who to our surprise was there when we arrived...

"No, not them, just me.."said Jade.
"Hope you guys have your employee ID on you....They're going to ask for it..."said Yvette.

 "I've got mine.." I said.
 "They gonna ask for our birth certificates too?  I have a copy on my phone."said Bee Bee sarcastically.
 "You Joke Bee..But I don't put it past them, especially in my and Kahlil's case.."said Sofia, who also had a copy of her birth certificate on her phone..
"Well I don't have my birth certificate with me...They'll just have to look it up..."said Kahlil..

In what was the greatest irony...Except for Ms. Jade.. We were all born in Philadelphia PA. in the same hospital...Pennsylvania Hospital.. Even Ms. Yvette.. And except for Ms. Jade, we were all graduates of the University of Pennsylvania law school.. Can't get anymore American than that!

A guard let us in.....We were asked to show our employee ID, to prove we were attorneys...That done, we were asked about our citizenship...


Yvette had a copy of her birth certificate in her pocketbook...




Me, Bee Bee and Sofia had a copy of our birth certificates in our phones...
Kahlil didn't, but they looked him up and found proof of his citizenship...
Ms. Jade, a recently naturalized citizen drew a certain amount of scrutiny, but she had her citizenship papers on her...

We were all let through.. These guys were serious...We waited for what seemed like an eternity and then we were led down a hall to a holding cell where Kahlil's friend, Amil Cabral sat...

"Kahlil, that's right, you're an Attorney...but how? They didn't let me have a call, How did you find out?" asked Amil...
"Let's just say a little birdie told us...These are my friends, they're also Attorneys...This is Ms. Yvette Jones , our supervisor at McCluskey/Cozen/Connor & Pratt and associates where we work.."said Kahlil
and this is Keith Jones
Sofia  Garcia
and Beatrice Evans
all attorneys  and our investigator, Jade Lee
"We got her her citizenship recently too." said Kahlil..

"Yes they did." said Jade.



"We are going to get you out of here." said Kahlil.
"Can you get me out of here today?" he asked...

''We'll try....We've got you a hearing in Saturday Court.." said Yvette.


It was 11:00 am...Saturday Court was over at 12:00 noon...We hurriedly  rushed in only to see

Him! Judge Monroe Stevens...

"Oh No...Him!" said Sofia..

"You know him Sofia?" asked Ms. Yvette.

"Yes...I defended Luna against him....No mean feat...He's a real asshole...you'll see." said Sofia.


She wasn't lying..

"11 O'clock!  !11:00 oclock on a Saturday Morning and here you come...Haven't we met before??? Ms. Garcia isn't it?" he asked. He was looking at her almost lustfully....

"Your honor, We are here to plead for bail for our client...He has no police record..He has served in the United states Air Force and he is currently in Law school.."said Kahlil Ahmed..

"I do believe I was talking to Ms. Garcia...Who might you be?" asked Judge Stevens..

"I am Kahlil Ahmed...Attorney sir." said Kahlil..

"Are you an American Citizen?" asked Judge Stevens..
"Yes Sir...Born in Pennsylvania Hospital right here in Philadelphia PA. USA sir." said Kahlil..

"But your parents aren't from here are they?" asked the Judge...

"Wait a minute...That has nothing to do with anything..ARE YOUR PARENTS FROM HERE? We are here to ask for reasonable bail to be set for our client...He's not a flight risk and he is working on his citizenship...He is a model citizen...He fits all of the criteria for-" said Yvette before she was cut short..

"You'll not question me or use that tone with me ever again...Say ONE MORE WORD,ONE MORE WORRRRD!  Ms. Jones and I'll lock you up for contempt...One more word!!! I mean it..." he snarled.. "Your client is not a citizen and I don't care if he served in Vietnam and was about to be nominated for the Supreme court...He is not a citizen, he was picked up by ICE Agents this morning and very un co-operative..Back to jail he goes now say something...Say anything...Any one of you...And yes Ms. Jones...I know who you are and who you work for..." said Judge Stevens..

A Bailiff walked over to him..

''What?  A phone call?? I'm in the middle of  a hearing...

The U.S. Attorney from the Southern District Of PA.  What? Brendan who? Oh.. That Brendan...Brendan Burnside!" snarled the Judge...

He took the phone..

"I don't give a damn who you are...Who do you think you are, calling my court...OH? What?   Yes..No Sir...No sir ....I had no idea...Yes Sir....Welllll I never...Yes SIRRRRR, I don't have an attitude...Yes sir..SIRRRRRRRRRR! Not at all sir...No sirrrrr...Yes sir..sirrrrrrrrr!" said Judge Stevens..

He glared at us...He was livid...The back of his neck was read as a beet...

"Mr. Cabral...You are free to go, FOR NOW!!!!....Tuesday Morning be in my courtroom with your uh attorneys at 9:00 am sharp....one second late and you're on the next plane to Iraq...  Ms. Jones...about your attitude young lady...You'd better adjust it in my court...I've tossed many attorneys in the cooler for the weekend.."said the Judge..

Yvette smiled..

She didn't like the way he was looking her up and down...Like a hungry wolf, like the way a lot of guys looked at her in bars...

 ''Thank you guys.."said Amil Cabral..
 "We've got a short window with which to work....Don't let me down Amil,I'm sticking my neck out for you.."said Kahlil..
 "I told you the Judge is an Asshole.."said Sofia..
 "It was all I could do not to say something." said Bee Bee..
''I know...and I couldn't have you in jail all weekend.."I laughed hugging Bee Bee.
"Somebody somewhere likes us..or you...You know the U.S. Attorney from the Southern District?Brendan Burnside." asked Yvette..

"No...I thought one of you called him before you got here."said Amil...

''We don't have drag like that." I said.

"No we don't...I wonderrrrrrrrrr who does." mused Ms. Jade..


(TO BE CONTINUED)



11 comments:

Toni said...

Oh Wow! This title! OMG!

Angie B. said...

Ripped from today's headlines...I love it!

Keith said...

Trump inspired this series...I created Lawyers from all of the backgrounds of people
He demonizes...Kahlil, an Arab, not necesarily a Muslim, Sofia, a Latina , Jade Lee, an Asian woman and Yvette, Keith and Bee Bee, smart African-American Attorneys..and as you see, a lot of the cases they deal with, but not all are Immigration cases.

Sunflower said...

I love it and them.

Lisa said...

I just finished binge reading last week's story..Just caught up.

Halo said...

Me too! All caught up!

Vanessa said...

I've been reading while on vacation...I'm home on the last day of my vacay...All caught up!

Brenda said...

Once I read the title, I knew what this was about...

Rita said...

Excellent lead in story!

Cheryl said...

I love it! And Having the Frank Sinatra song in there was perfect! Loved the story!

Anonymous said...

Standing and applauding and throwing my damn panties!