Thursday, August 8, 2019

Typhoid Mary


The next morning, Lt. Cotton passed us both two steaming tumblers of hot coffee when we walked into the station..

"Heard You Guys ran into your two most likely suspects and they got away from you." he said..

"We were drugged."said Monica.

"Belladonna?" asked her twin sister, Monique..

"Yeah..He had that stuff pumping before we got there...He knew we were coming."I said.

''Well Make yourself comfortable...You need to hear this.."said Kylie..






II-

"We are dealing with something wayyy over our pay grade..."said Lt. Cotton..
"I did a little digging into our main murder suspect, Marina Compost..


"She was born in Moscow, 29 years ago...she was educated in state owned schools..She graduated at the top of her law school class, but had no interest in practicing law...After serving her mandatory stint in the Russian Military, she soon trained  and became part of a remnant of the old KGB...She was a particularly brutal interrogater...

Her tactics were too brutal and sadistic even for them...They put her out...Soon after her ouster, nearly everybody in her unit became gravely ill with flu like tendancies...headaches, vomiting, cold sweats, diarhea, the works for nearly 48...Then poof, it cleared up just like they had never been sick at all..

Her old supervisor though was found murdered...Throat slit....She became a prime suspect...she fled Russia.

She turns up three years later in Berlin, working for a terrorist cell...A German diplomat ,targeted by the cell was found murdered, her weapon of choice, a garotte....His entire security detail came down sick...same symptons...Headache, cold sweats, vomiting....body aches...

She was a prime suspect...She vanished from Berlin...

She wound up in Madrid ,Spain, Three years later with the guy you shot Monica...Derrick Schremph,
a psychopathic killer if ever there was one...


The two appear to have fallen in love... They were paid by or they joined a Spanish terror cell and gunned down a Spanish diplomat.....

They both fled Madrid...

They surfaced in Rome later that year where a policeman was murdered....The entire squadron of policemen who hunted her and her boyfriend down got sick...extreme Flu like symptoms...Which enabled her and her boyfriend to escape..

Three years later...The murderous pair wound up in Paris, where they are both believed to have killed an American diplomat...


It was here she met American Real Estate developer, Brian Legler...He was sweet on her, but he knew better than to cross, Derrick Schremph, who would have killed him without hesitation...

He made them a business proposition...He had a guy he needed killed in America...a man named Peter Dinkins...A Warrant Officer and a dabbler in real estate...." said Lt. Cotton.


"Thus their connection to Dinkins...His murder had nothing to do with his testimony in our Serial Killer case...That was just a co-incidence.." I said.

''So tell us more."said Monica.   Monique had washed her hair and styled it back to her natural color..

I suggested a dress for her to wear today...She got multiple stares and one guy crashed into a wall staring at her..

''Seee? I told you ,you were sexy on your own." I said..

"I'm silly I guess...but I like knowing that on my own...Thank you husband, for humoring me through my insecurity.." she said and smiled and rubbed my hands softly...

Kylie finished...

"A check of Dinkins's finances tells it all...Credit Cards maxed out... and he had defrauded several people, including Legler out of millions of dollars in phony and fraudulent real estate deals...before he was murdered..He was about to be indicted on 14 charges of Fraud, Wire Fraud amongst other things...

He had damn near bankrupted Legler's business because he sank so much money into these phony land deals...Legler recruited Marina Compost to take him out..

Also while they were in Paris, the pair, Marina Compost and Derrick Schremph are believed to have murdered an English Diplomat...

They all wound up in London, where they are believed to have murdered another British diplomat..

They next wound up in our fair city...They couldn't hit Dinkins right away because he was testifying in our serial killer case...but as soon as the case was over and ironically Legler's crazy brother was in custody...They made their move...Only you two were there...


Local talent...Mr. Barlow played cowboy, went rogue with that shotty, wasn't supposed to go down like that,..He was supposed to protect the rear...He went off script...and got Derrick Schremph killed.

Marina Compost was furious....and thus...Mr. Barlow met his end and she got all of the money...Now she's dating Legler...."said Kylie..

"I got all of this information from a man named Xavier Tate...He's from Interpol....He's been following these guys for awhile.."said Lt. Cotton.

"All these sicknesses...You think they were using drugs?" I asked.

"Yes...Illegal drugs stolen from spy agencies...See why I say this is cloak and dagger stuff.?" said Lt. Cotton..

But Monica had a strange look on her face...

'You okay Sissy?" asked Monique.

'Uh yeah, yeah.."said Monica.

"You sure?" asked Kylie..
"Yeah."said Monica..
But I knew different...

III-
Monica took me to the side..

"Xavier Tate?  Interpol...There is no such person." she said..

"Lt. Cotton wouldn't lie to us." I said.

"He's not lying...That's what he was told...Dr. X is in town.." said Monica.
Dr. X. or Xavier ran the School for Specially Gifted Students...Mutants that Monica's parents sent her to when they discovered she was different..


Monica explained it to me once..

''A long time ago Nate...I was a scared little girl with all of these voices in my head...Other people's thoughts and emotions...My Mother knew about his school..She brought me to Dr. X. after I'd been suspended from two schools for fighting so much... Dr. Xavier taught me how to control the sounds..how to quiet them down...How to listen only when I needed to...He saved me...."said Monica, smiling at the memory of that school and how it helped her.

"My suspicion is right...Marina Compost is a mutant, a very powerful mutant...Those people didn't just get sick...She made them sick..She's kind of a Typhoid Mary and if he's here in town...She's very powerful." said Monica.

Kylie walked over to us..

"I've got a bead on ole girl.." she said.


"You do? How?" I asked.

''Same way you found them...by hitting the cell tower...Neither one of them got rid of their phones...

"I've pin pointed the area.."said a jubilant Kylie..

''Everybody put on vests and trauma plates."said Lt. Cotton.. Anything could happen.." he said.

Monique gave all of us a pill and cup of cold water.

"This will protect you against Bella Donna." she said.

 Monica whispered to me..

"This won't protect us from her."
"What can we do?" I said.

"Hope we get lucky." said Monica.





IV-

We fanned out amongst the teeming city...

and we pinpointed a block that our two suspects might be on...



Lt. Cotton led Kylie and several heavily armed Tactical squad officers into a building...

Monica and I stood outside, guarding the back...

They charged up the stairs....They called out...

"BRIAN LEGLAR!!! MARINA COMPOST!! WE HAVE A WARRANT FOR YOUR ARRESTS, MURDER, SUSPICION OF MURDER!! PHILADELPHIA POLICE!!! OPEN UP!!"

It was eerily quiet.!!!

"ALRIGHT, KNOCK IT DOWN!!"

"CLEAR!!!, CLEAR!"


Then there was nothing!


It was eerily quiet...Not a shot was fired, no more yelling, no talking could be heard ,no nothing..

Then a few thumps....

 "Let's go inside baby." said Monica.
We both cocked our glocks and entered the building...with the remainder of the tactical squad officers.

All 21 of our Tactical squad Officers were unconscious...

I felt their bodies..

"They're all running high fevers...but otherwise, they're alive..."I said.

"Nate look!" said Monica..

 Lt. Cotton lay in the corner...unconscious...
Next to him lie Kylie...

"Mo Mo are they...?" I asked.


"No, they're alive...but they have high fevers."said Monica.

"Mo Mo, behind you.." I said..

We turned to finally see her.

Marina Compost...

"YOU!  One of you killed my lover..."she said.


It was uncanny, all of our tactical squad officers...The ones still standing ,began shedding their Kevlar and trauma plates and grabbing their heads...Their bodies were incredibly hot...their heads were throbbing...

Some of them vomited...all of them dropped their weapons and fell to the floor, unconscious...

I was feeling hot and sick too!
I went for my glock....but soon my body temperature went up sky high...I felt dizzy....My head was throbbing...The pain was unimaginable..

I dropped my gun..

"I need water, ughhhhhhhhhhhh!" I said.,

I fell to my knees...

Monica pulled out her Taser..

Marina Compost glared at Monica..

"Don't even try it...drop it!" she commanded...

Monica's body temperature did rise...She began to get weak, but not as weak as the rest of us..

She was beginning to feel sick to her stomach and her head was throbbing, but she was still standing and resisting..

She could feel the total shock ,that she wasn't faring the same way the rest of was....She even smiled a  bit..

This astounded and angered Marina...who had to strain even harder..

"YOU!  You're a mutant!!....Just like me...That's why you can resist it....but you're still human, you can't resist forever..." she said and continued to glare at Monica, who activated her taser..

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, OHHHH SHIT! YOU VIXEN...HOW CAN THIS BEEE?
WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! AHHHHHHH, FA LA LA LAA..LA LA LA LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!! OHHHHHHHHH YOU BITCH!  WOUUUUUU!" she screamed as Monica's taser knocked her against the wall...She began to shake and jerk from side to side and fell to the ground...Unconscious....her body smoking...and twitching ..

I was weak, but I handcuffed her...

"Hell, we'll read her her rights later."I said..

Monica looked at me and smiled.

Monica placed a sack over her head and sat her in the back of the patrol car...

"That'll neutralize her..."she said..

Marina was out like a light.

A little while later, Monique  arrived with medical staff.

They had bottles of cold water for the officers

Much appreciated!
as well as Lieutenant Cotton..

and Kylie..

"Wow...I don't know what happened..I felt so sick..."said Kylie..

''She's a mutant....She made you sick...Lock her in an isolation cell and leave her there. Slide her food under the door..until I can figure out how to proceed."said Monica.

"What do you mean Mo-Mo.?" asked Lt. Cotton, who along with officers picked up the still unconscious Marina Compost and put her in the back of a squad car..

"I gotta go see a man about a mutant...Just do as I say...and you all will be safe...Don't  move that sack until she's in that cell." said Monica.  She looked at me..

"Come on Partner." she said.

*****************************************************************************

Monica rang the doorbell of a really fancy apartment complex across town.

 "There is no need for you to pull your weapon...You're amongst friends." said Monica.
She had read my mind.


A cute ,petite Black woman about Monica and my age opened the door. I had met her before..

Her name was Jordie and she worked for Dr. Xavier..

"Monica....Hi Nate....I knew you two would be coming here soon enough." she said.

Inside her apartment there were Androids...at rest....

"That's our extraction team...We are going to take Typhoid Mary off your hands." said Jordy..

"She's my murder suspect...Nate and I captured her, she's already in custody.."said Monica.

''Wow...You two are good together..but...you can't hold her...She'll be free in a couple of hours tops..Trust me...She's too powerful and too dangerous...That's why we are here to help you...She's already killed about six other people around the world..We plan to dispense our own justice."said Jordie.

"You gonna kill her? You know I can't allow you to do that?" said Monica.

''We are not going to kill her..but we are the only ones who can imprison her and she stay that way..We'll make sure she pays for her murderous crimes."said Jordie.
Monica didn't say anything..But Jordy knew and Monica and I knew that she was lying...The last super mutant they took off of our hands, Brian Jennings's body was found floating in the Pacific Ocean months after we last saw him...His death was said to be "Natural causes."

 Monica and I knew different.

I put my arms around her and held her tight. A tear ran down the side of her face....

The end game was in play!

(CONCLUSION NEXT)






No comments: