Thursday, August 1, 2019

This White Man

Sepia and I stood in our foyer kissing...It was early morning...

"Ummmmmm thank you so much for everything you've done for me husband."she cooed.

"Just doing my job? I wasn't going to let that creep bully you guys.." I said..

''Well you do your job very well.." she cooed.

"I do a lot of things very wellll." I said softly..

"Yessss you dooo." said Sepia softly...
I lifted her night shirt off of her and ran my hands down into her panties....and soon slipped them off..

We didn't bother to roll the sheets back...We made love right there on the bed...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Kevin....you feel so good." she moaned softly...

"So do you baby.." I said..

"Don't you have a trial to be at in a few hours?" she asked,

"I do....but I always have time for you.." I said..

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.." she said..

We made love like that for the next FOUR TO FIVE HOURS... This was a quickie for us...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm you are sooo nastyyyy...oh my goodness..ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." moaned Sepia as we made furious love...

But Sepia was right..

There was still the matter of the murder of Gaylord Birch...and the young man accused of his murder..

He had been the Construction Company Head who dabbled in developing , who had optioned off six blocks worth of rehabbed Apartments, Condos and Lofts to my wife Sepia and her business partners...

When he optioned them out to them ,rather than Developer Dillon Grant, he vanished and was found in a drainage ditch two months before....

The young man Kayla Bennett is defending is a two time loser , who once did construction work for Mr. Birch and who had recently been let go by Birch....

He said he had no ill will towards Mr. Birch and that Mr. Birch had agreed to give him his job back the last time he saw him...He had an email and a W2 form to prove at much...In fact he was to start working on another site the Monday that Mr. Birch vanished..

"Yeah, I'd better shower and get dressed...What are you doing today?" I asked.

"Nothing but staying here and looking sexy...until you come back!" joked Sepia.,.

"You make me not want to leave now!" I said..

I took her in my arms and kissed her again...

"Silly....Go to court...Help Kayla out..."laughed Sepia..






II-

The Trial began...

 I sat in court with Tyrone Lee, the defendant..He looked nervous, this was the most serious charge he had ever faced and it carried a life or possible death sentence for him..
 He kept saying..

"I didn't do this..I was trying to keep my nose clean this time..I was."
"Then don't worry....I don't think you did this either and I'm fighting hard for you."said Kayla, who looked as beautiful as I'd ever seen her..

ADA Ron Harper thought so too.. He couldn't take his eyes off of her..
While Lt. Tragg seethed with anger...

He was furious that Sissy had shown him no respect at all the night before...and had continued with HER investigation which she shouldn't have been meddling in..

Furious that his anonymous source had been completely wrong about the gun found at the scene of the murder.

It was not mine and turned out to belong to a long imprisoned gangster..

Furious that he appeared to be being played by an unknown caller ...

And furious that I was still involved with this case at all..

He had a lot to be furious about!


ADA Harper paraded the police who were at the scene of the crime as well as CSI and Forensic experts who were on hand...

Kayla showing the brilliance of her two famous cousins...cross examined them all ,getting them all to admit that by the time they found the body there was next to no DNA or other forensic evidence pointing to her client..

ADA Harper painted Tyrone Lee as a "Habitual criminal...and pointed to his two previous convictions, which Kayla had unsuccessful tried to get suppressed.
Kayla added that her client had been working gainfully at a number of construction sites since he'd gotten out of prison..had gotten an apartment and a car as well as a pretty sizable bank account and had gotten his GDI and was taking classes at Community college..All of which was true and supported by records..She was every bit as thorough as her famous cousins..

I thought she was swaying the jury by mid week...

ADA Harper paraded six eyewitnesses or so they said.. but I had did my homework..

Two had perjured themselves in other trials..Three had to admit that they didn't see anything, they had heard talk on the street..and the last eyewitness couldn't explain how he had come into a large amount of money right after Mr. Lee had been arrested.


Kayla provided the bank records of a now closed account from the Caymen Islands that put money in his bank account electronically and phone records of all six men in the days prior to the arraignment...

The phone calls came from the now deceased Mr. Dalton...the same man, 25 others admitted hired them to commit vandalism on several properties that Mr. Birch had sold to the Unity Group...Sepia and Bonita's company...

ADA Harper fought diligently to get some of this suppressed or stricken...This time , he lost...

For the first time, Dillon Grant's name came up in the trial...and a conspiracy theory began to circulate..

From what I could see...The jury was squarely on Kayla's side now...Especially the males on the jury, who loved her tight skirts, her shapely legs and her soft sultry voice..

Kayla called the arresting officer, Lt. Tragg to the stand..

He was as usual , sour...

He had to admit that he got an anonymous call telling him where to find the body and telling him who committed the crime..

He had to admit that he had next to no physical evidence whatsoever....and the testimony of people who were themselves questionable and unreliable at best...

He was so angry,he was shaking...He glared at me with an icy hatred I hadn't seen before..

ADA Harper glared at him with a red hot anger....For once he thought this guy had brought in a good case...and now it was falling apart around him...

He gave a brilliant impassioned oratory in his closing remarks about how Lee was a habitual criminal, who even if he didn't commit this crime, would probably commit other crimes if released..

That didn't wash with any of the jurors..

Kayla used that argument to her advantage in her closing remarks...
I hugged her ..

"You did good girlie...Now...It's your turn..."I said..


"I couldn't have done this without you and Bonnie...You guys really did a great investigation..finding out about those witnesses, following the money trail..the phone calls..WOW!"said Kayla..
I saw him staring and I smiled...

"Yeah, a real detective would have done that before charging someone based on an anonymous phone call." I said..."Come on..let's get out of here.."I said...
Lt. Tragg stomped his foot.. He was livid...but there was nothing he could do..

III-


Kayla and I found a nice tony little bar and we went there for drinks...I called Bonnie, Sepia and Bonita, who met us there..

"You did great in court today Kayla...I think you've got the jury swayed your way....I'm judging by how disgusted ADA Ron Harper looked...and how much Lt. Tragg was fuming...I didn't figure you'd call him...I have to say I was surprised."I said, laughing..


"He wasn't in my original plan, but I've heard my cousins, Olivia and Beverly say that whenever they have a case where he is the arresting officer...He is the best witness...FOR THE DEFENSE!" said Kayla..

I busted out laughing...

Sepia, Bonita and Bonnie joined us..

 'Hi Honey Bunny...This place is nice. Hi Kayla." said Sepia.
 "Yes it is....Hi Kayla." said Bonita.
"Hey Guys....Our boy has been moving money, a lot of it from one dummy account to another...As soon as I get up on it...He closes the account."said Bonnie.

"That means he's planning something...Something Big.." I said..

"Why won't he stop?  He just won't stop pushing us...." sighed Sepia.
"Can't he just accept that we have those properties and move on?" said Bonita..

"A man like him doesn't accept defeat easily....He's done this before gained properties by bullying smaller operations like yours...I've looked into all of his major holdings..In all of them, when the original owners or rival real estate developers wanted to hold on to what they had....Mysterious accidents began happening, Fires, Rat and Insect infestations, Water Main breaks...Fires.....We stopped all of that before it started good..

Then he used lawyers...All of a sudden, all of these properties had "Code Violations"..Well we out lawyered him....He's turned to murder...I believe he had Mr. Birch murdered and he's using your client Tyrone Lee as a patsy..In other words , he was set up.....He probably murdered Dalton and tried to set me up for it by stealing a gun he thought was mine, a gun I planted in his wake purposely...

Now having failed at that...He's moving to do something else." I said.

"But what? What can he do?" asked Kayla..

"That, I don't know....but everybody, keep your eyes open, stay vigilant." I said.

IV-

A few days later I was in Josies… Gus served me my usual Corona...

"Hey Kid...Pink's been looki for you." he said..

"Gus, you must be clairvoyant....He's found me.."I joked...

"Claire what? ,Claire Who? I don't know no broad named Claire." laughed Gus..

Pink was walking near me...

"My usual Gus and whatever Kev here is drinking.." he said..

Pink was a guy who's ear was constantly to the street...If he didn't know it...It wasn't worth knowing they said..

"Come on Kev...Let's find a booth and talk.." he said..
We waded through the crowd and found a quiet booth to talk..
"Heard you been lookin for me..What's up?" I asked..

"Kev you've pissed off some white man, a real well heeled white man..but a square..He's been making overtures around and talkin about heavy bread for someone to off you...Lucky for you, your reputation precedes itself...There haven't been any takers yet...but I'm given you a heads up.."said Pink..
I tossed a photo on the table..

"This white man?" I asked..

Pink laughed..

"DAMNNNN KEV...NOBODY CATCHES YOU SLEEPIN....THAT'S HIM!!!"

"He's a real estate developer...He's been trying to put the squeeze on my wife and her partner's business lately...Naturally, I've stopped him.....I figured he'd move to kill me next...He's already had one of his rivals killed and I believe he personally killed another man...Thanks for the heads up."I said.

'What are you gonna do? asked Pink.

"I'm going to find a hitman for him...So are YOU" I said...

"Me?  Ohhhhhhhh I gotcha..A little sting action...Heh heh heh!"laughed Pink.

***********************************************************************************
Sepia and I owned a huge Air BNB in nearby Bayside, a suburb of Philadelphia...





There was plenty of room...I moved Sepia and Kimmy Cakes, Robert Foxworth and Bonita and Bonnie and Ronnie Shay into it..for their own safety...They could work remotely from this Airbnb at their respective jobs...Clerow and Owen Todd were well armed and were minding their shop...

Chris and Chess sent some security guys over to help them if need be...

With my friends safe...I set my trap...

Dillon Grant looked like a fish out of water when he entered Josie's....Not the only white person,
but certainly an older squarer one...Most of the party goers were African-American so he stood out..
Pink sat in the back...

"Mr. Waverly....This is the man you were asking about...He's from Detroit...He works fast and clean...." said Pink...

"My name is Patrick Waverly..." said Dillon Grant..


"No names....and I hope you're smart enough that that isn't your real name.."said Kool Kat..

"I like you already....There is four million dollars in this..I'll wire two million dollars to your account up front...You'll get the other two million after these four people are dead.."said Dillon Grant..

He laid the photos out on the table..

"Kevin Morris...He's a Private Investigator...He's the main one....I'll pay you two million for him...one million a piece for the other three.." he said..
 "That's his wife...Sepia Morris..
 Her business partner, Bonita Foxworth
and this is an insurance investigator, Bonnie Shay..." he said..

''You want me to kill women man?" asked Kool Kat..

"You got a problem with that?" asked Dillon Grant..


"Nope..Not at all...I just usually get asked to kill a man....Okay...two million for the P.I. upfront and three million for the others....I work clean and I work fast....After that...I'm on a plane back to Detroit...I expect my money in my account by the time I get to Detroit or I'll be back and I'll do you for free."said Kool Kat with a baleful stare that made Pink shudder..

He remembered when Walter was one of the most feared enforcer's on the streets...

"Good deal...You're my kind of guy....I should have called you sooner...I had some other problems...Problems I had to take care of myself..."laughed Dillon Grant, who shook Kool Kat's hand.. He looked at Pink..

"Your finder's fee is in your account already." he said and got up and walked..

After he was gone he looked at Kool Kat and laughed..

"Easiest money I ever made in my life.." he chuckled..

"That's why I rolls with Kevin...He knows how to put money in your pockets and have a good time as well..."laughed Kool Kat...


(CONCLUSION NEXT)


No comments: