Friday, August 9, 2019

Cool Breezes

"Mutants have always been here Monica, Nate....They've been here as long as you uh ungifted humans....

Our humanity has often been met with fear , the fear of a populace that didn't understand...We were burned at the stake and accused of being witches...agents of Satan...

This caused many of us to live secret lives...never exposing who we were to our fellow man....

We mutants are human beings too! We are of all races, all ethnicities, all sexual orientations, all religions...We have just been gifted with something extra....

Now of days.. Mutants are coming out of the closet.. Living openly with our powers...but some are ruining it for us...

Some are dangerous, not only to mankind, but to other mutants....

Marina Compost is one such mutant....She has killed 7 people to date....Eight if we include Mr. Barlow...Two of those seven people...The man in Madrid and the Diplomat in London were also Mutants....

The one time we had her in custody.. She was examined and diagnosed as a sociopath...but she goes past that...She's a Psychopath...A full blown psychopath and she has to be dealt with by us..

I know you have her in custody, which is a testimony to you and your husband's skill and tenacity, but you can't hold her...She's too powerful a mutant..."said Dr. Xavier to us..

"Killing her makes you no better than her."said Monica.

"Don't be naïve...Killing her makes us all safe...She'll just kill again...It doesn't bother her and trust me, She's going to kill you Monica, yes you...You bested her...She can't live with that." he said.

My smartwatch vibrated...

"I have to take this." I said, mesmerized by the entire conversation...

"Nate.. She's escaped!!!" said Kylie..

"WHAT?? HOW???" I asked..

"She took out the entire squadroom, including Lt. Cotton and me..

.She walked out of here with one of our flying squad cars...." said Kylie.
"I don't believe this!!!!" I said.

"But the car has a GPS tracking unit in it...She didn't disable it...Meet me at Aqua port...I think she and Brian Legler are planning to lam it in the sea.."said Kylie..

"We are on our way.." I said.

Dr. X looked at us..

"She's escaped hasn't she?" he said.


"We've got a lead on her...All I ask is allow us to capture Brian Legler...He's not a mutant...As far as her...Do what you have to do...but I don't want me or my partner to have to witness it..I'd rather we not know."said Monica.

"You have my word Monica."said Dr. Xavier...




II-

Aquaport….Where Mini subs and Transport Subs leave on the hour to The Undersea cities of Octopus Gardens and Lemuria...

An eerie calm and quiet preceded us...It was a Friday afternoon, late...

"You can cut the tension in the air.."sighed Monica.
"I know.." I said.

Monica and I employed stealth....
"Keep your eyes open guys...They're around here somewhere." said Kylie..
Kylie and a fresh squad of Tactical officers eased along the docks...

I knew one or both of them were around here..


"She's here!!!...I can smell her...I can feel her presence.. I can hear her thoughts...This was a trap
partner.." said Monica..

"I figured as much, Look, there is Legler...He's on the move." I said.
Brian Legler ran.....

He had a stupid grin on his face...

"I'm on him...Come on guys..Let's go.." said Kylie..

"Legler!  Halt!, you're under arrest!" said Kylie as she and the squad ran after him in hot pursuit..



"This is what she wanted partner...To separate us..." said Monica..

By now, I was sick to my stomach, sweating...my body hot, weak....I fell to my knees....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mo Mo...get out of here...Save yourself...aghhhhhhhhhhhhh!" I moaned.."She's around here.." I said...


Monica drew her gun...

"Come on out....I know you're here.." she said..



"That's right!  Which one of you killed Derrick?" asked Marina Compost as she appeared..



"I did!" said Monica..

"Thanks for your honesty....It saves me the trouble of killing you both!" she said as Monica's body temperature reached a fever length...

"I can raise your body temperature to inhuman lengths...killing you slowly...painfully.."said Marina..

She was sweating like a stuck pig....her head was hurting...

"I'll resist you with everything I've got...I can hear your thoughts..and feel when you get tired.."said Monica defiantly...

There was a cackle of thunder and lightning...Rain began to pour furiously and cool breezes began to blow....

 Cool winds which brought me relief...Monica too...as rain began to fall..and thunder and lightning followed...

"WHAT?    Jordieeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee…Come out....It's not gonna work.."laughed Marina Post...as the breezes blew her hair and the rain poured down hard upon her momentarily weakening her hold over Monica.......

"Oh I think so...Next move and a clap of thunder hits you...…"said Jordie..as winds blew even harder and rain whipped up into a frenzy....

Jordie's power was frightening...

"Think so?" said Marina.. who was not fazed and who focused her attention on Jordie..

Jordie's body temperature began to rise to a fever pitch...her head throbbed and she began to writhe in pain...her body aching..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh….ouuuuuu." she moaned..She was getting weaker...

But Jordie had bought us some time...

The rain and the winds had cooled me off and revived me enough for me to pull out my Taser..

I didn't have much time...I aimed and lit her up..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HELLLL!!! ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, LA LA LA LA ALAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA..
WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA...FA LA LA LA LA......LA LA LA LAAAAAAAAA!!!!"whoooooooooo! she screamed and jerked like a chicken with it's head cut off and fell up against the wall and fell to the ground...still jerking, body smoking! She was swinging her arms feverishly, but eventually she gave up and passed out!!

Once again, one of us had caught her off guard!

"Good shot partner."said Monica , who handcuffed her..and had a big smile on her face...

"Got you again smarty panties.." she said..

"You alright Jordie?" I asked.

"I'm fine...Thank you...You saved my life..."said Jordie..as I helped her up..

 "You saved ours with that thunderstorm.." said Monica.
"I'll say..That cool breeze and that rain calmed my body down and revived me..."I said.

A squadron of Androids walked up...They seemed to shadow Dr. Xavier's moves...

"Unhandcuff her Monica...We'll take it from here.." said Dr. X.
 Monica unhandcuffed her...
"Let's go Mo Mo..." I said..


"I met with your Lieutenant...

I explained everything to him...The official story is that Interpol has her in custody...."said Dr. X..

He kissed Monica and hugged her..

"Good Bye Monica..I hope the next time we meet,it is under better circumstances.."said Dr. Xavier..

 "Goodbye Dr. X....Goodbye Jordie..I hope so too!"said Monica.
"Goodbye Guys.." I said.


Jordie administered a sedative....that would keep Marina asleep for hours...


The Androids lifted her sleeping body up and loaded her on the Flying Limo they came in...
Once again, Dr.X and Jordie were gone...

III-

Kylie walked down the pier with a soaking wet Brian Legler...and the Tactical Squad...He no longer had his swagger...He was in handcuffs.



..He looked around for Marina.

''Where is Marina?  I thought you two would be dead by now.." he said..He looked disappointed that we were still standing..

''She's on her way to Europe to stand trial for seven murders...Interpol has her."said Monica..
"HA!  They can't hold her...You see how she mopped the floor up with you guys.." he sneered..
''You don't see her do you?" asked Kylie..
''Why is he soaking wet?" I asked.

"He dove in the water to escape us..My guys are excellent swimmers..They caught him and dunked him a few times for good measure."said Kylie laughing..
The Tactical squad Officers were laughing too...
''So pal, you who have no super powers had better worry about you...Marina can't help you now." said Monica.

"You'll see...She'll escape Interpol...Just like she did you guys...You'll see.." he said.

But Marina would never be seen again...by now she had been administered another drug that relaxed her muscles and a third drug, a fatal one, which stopped her heart...She was more than likely dead and put in a plastic casket and dropped into the Pacific Ocean...Where her body would never be found..

Mutants policing their own!

Brian Legler would join his serial killer brother in prison.convicted of conspiracy to commit murder and sentenced to 15-25 years...While his brother, Ralph Legler received 7 Life sentences for his crimes.

Kylie and the squad took him downtown to central booking..



I held Monica in my arms.. "Feel that?" I said..
"Yesss I feel it...I know it's huge.." laughed Monica..


"Noooo not me....The Cool Breezes.." I said..

"Ohhhhhh yeah....I feel that too." said Monica, laughing sheepishly...

We kissed passionately on the docks!

EPILOUGE-


We spent the night at home playing cards
and drinking  Cokes..
With Lt. Cotton


and my sister in law ,Monique in their apartment below us...
Monica sat on my lap and leaned her head on to my shoulder....occasionally dealing her hand...

I hugged her tightly...
We were all about as comfortable as we could get... We were family now...

Another case was down.....and hopefully we could relax a little until the next one... Their window was open...

I felt the cool breezes blow in...

I thought about Jordie..

FOR ELIJAH





No comments: