Thursday, August 27, 2020

Fragile Mastermind

 Penns Landing, Early, Early Morning..
 I met Jazzy in her office ...
 She had a great spread of warm Bagels and Cream Cheese and Jelly..
 and piping hot coffee...
 ''As you can see and by the documents I gave you...Oleg M'Boli was Charles Townsend's client...This guy ran a pawn shop, that was actually a front for money laundering of drug money...He also put down scores...Any Jewelry Store or Bank Heist in the neighborhood had his mark on it...He supplied the whole layout of the places and hired the talent that pulled em off...Police never could put a tag on him because everytime he got popped..His Attorney, Charlie Townsend got him off... I see he represented him several times..."I said..

"Oh My God..He called Mr. M'boli several times, the week before and after the bank robbery and he made a call to this cool guy...Eddie Dwyer, a contract killer....Who he never represented... These bank records show money transferred into Dwyer's account after the day he shot to death McClain , Uleg and Mboli..and a series of late night calls from a Charles Estep..."said Jazzy..

 "I don't know who he is...But I'm going to look into him." I said.
 ''I can save you the trouble...I know who he is...Now he's the President of the Bank that got robbed , back then he was one of three vice presidents of that bank..He made a big stink about how the bank leadership was lax , due to such a large robbery...and the then bank president was ousted and he was made President.. His salary increased dramatically.." said Jazzy.
 ''Well Townsend represented this Charles Estep on several occassions...They appeared to be quite close." I said.
"Kevin...what if Charles Estep planned his own bank robbery? Those guys had the complete layout of the bank and they struck like clockwork and took that bank down strong..They had the safe combonations and the exact times the safe opened...Everything...They knew when the least amount of traffic was going to be in the bank...Only an insider could have given Oleg MBoli that kind of information..An Insider like Charles Estep, who passed it on to his good friend and Attorney Charlie Townsend who recruited his former client M'boli, who recruited McClain and Uleg to do the job." said Jazzy..

 ''Only some things went wrong..The police found latent fingerprints and DNA at the scene..They were planning to arrest McClain and Uleg for the robbery and their shot caller, M'Boli...so they all had to go...Hibbler, also a former client of Townsend gave them Jason Prescott as a suspect and soon afterword, he was found in the hallway of his building with a hotshot of Heroin in his vains dead..
Lt. Tragg arrested Dwyer for the three murders by some miracle and he wound up shanked in the correctional facility...Thus the trail went cold..Only Townsend and Estep knew the whole story..12 million dollars was gone..None of these people had it..Townsend and Christopher are rewarded handsomely and Mr. Estep has more money than he can shake a stick at and more power than he deserves.. It all fits...Proving it is another thing.." I said.


"True, but I have enough for a defense of Christopher...and maybe, just maybe....I can get Jason Prescott off and Christopher without him losing his license.." said Jasmine..

II-

The hearing began for Jason Prescott, who was serving a 10-20 year sentence for Conspiracy to committ Bank Robbery and 2nd Degree Murder..
ADA Karen Page of the Wrongful Conviction Unit was looking at Attorney Jasmine Coley's petition that his conviction be vacated...She said that although she was the original prosecutor, she was made aware by the late attorney Charles Townsend that exculpatory evidence had been with held that might have affected his conviction.
Judge Keith Morrison was presiding..
Lt. Tragg was stumped..

"I thought this had to do with Christopher Daley's case...What am I doing here with this jamolk?" he thought staring at Jason Prescott, who he arrested six years ago..
Jason Prescott stared at Lt. Tragg with a white hot hatred...He had purposely with held information that could have freed him...
"Your honor, ADA Page...I have  four witnesses ,who place this man halfway across town at the time of the Bank Robbery and the murder of the guard..

The four people testified that they were eating breakfast with Jason Prescott at the time...They all said that they were never called to testify in the original case.. Nobody looked for them..


Then came the fifth witness...The waitress, Rita Gallagher..
"He was my friend....He came in every morning ,same time and had breakfast...and I waited on him...He was there that morning, around 9:00 am when that bank was being held up...As soon as I heard the story on the news, I went to the Police....Homicide....I told Lt. Tragg what I knew..He didn't even write it down... and then I visited Jason...and I told his Attorney....But I was never called as a defense witness..and that Lt. Tragg never told the .D.A. It never came up and Jason got convicted..That's when I wrote that letter to the firm representing him...but nothing ever came of it.." she said..

Jazzy presented the actual letter that she wrote to Attorney Charles Townsend stating what she knew and that "Probably was never made public to his defense attorney." said Jazzy...

 Judge Keith Morrison stared balefully at Lt. Tragg..

"Do you mean to tell me , this young lady told you that this man was not at the crime scene...and you ignored it???..She gave you an alibi...And here were four other witnesses that YOU NEVER EVEN INTERVIEWED...CLEARLY, CLEARLY YOU JUST WANTED TO CLEAR A CASE...AT THE EXPENSE OF THIS MAN'S LIFE!!  THAT WAS SLOPPY PISS POOR DETECTIVE WORK!" he bellowed... Angrier than anyone had ever seen him..
 "Your honor I-I-I don't remember her..." said Lt. Tragg
 "PUT A CORK IN IT LIEUTENANT!!! YOU'RE A DAMN LIEUTENANT AND YOU CONDUCTED THIS INVESTIGATION LIKE A ROOKIE DETECTIVE. WORSE THAN A ROOKIE DETECTIVE!!!" he snarled.

"I'm vacating his conviction...Young man, you are free to go and I am making a recomendation that you be compensated appropriately for this gross injustice! AND LIEUTENANT TRAGG ,I CERTAINLY HOPE YOUR CURRENT INVESTIGATIONS ARE HANDLED MORE PROFESSIONALLY THAN THIS ONE!" said the Judge..
 "SAY WHATTTTT?" said Jason Prescott..
 "That means you're free to go and you're going to get some money for the State's Mistake."said Jazzy..

Jason Prescott hugged both Jasmine and Karen..

"You guys are alright after all...Thank you soooo much ." he said.
 "You're welcome." said Karen..

His Mother, His brother and two sisters were on hand, they thanked Jazzy and Karen and The Judge and there was much laughter and celebrating..
Lt. Tragg was as usual livid...He had been thoroughly embarrassed and humiliated in front of Karen..
He felt betrayed by Jazzy, who he once considered a friend and ally...and worst of all...He couldn't eat in Sam Mother's...He was banned from the diner for a week...

He kicked the trash can outside and fumed all the way to his car , which had a ticket....He was super furious..

I was actually glad I wasn't there..






III-


Bank President , Charles Estep sat in his office drinking gin and smoking...He was surprised when Kool Kat and I walked in on him suddenly..

 "Don't get up on our account....I mean really, Don't Get Up!" said Kool Kat with his menacing baleful stare...
"Mr. Estep, I presume.." I said..

"What do you want?; I don't have any money in my office." he said.


"I'm not here for money...I'm here to give you something...but before I do...I want to talk...I'm a Private Investigator. I work for the Attorney who is defending Chris Daley on Murder charges."I said..

 He sat back and lit a cigarette...

"Oh , talk about what?" he asked...

I opened my briefcase and put some files on his desk...

"These are copies....Naturally I have the originals and the Attorney I work for has additional copies..
These are bank transfers from your personal bank account...Amazing how it jettisoned to 12 million about six years ago, right after your bank was robbed of the same amount and then just like that...it vanished...before the IRS could get on to you and these two offshore accounts belonging to you showed up...One in Switzerland and one in the Caymen Islands.....

It was you...You provided your attorney, the Late Charles Townsend with the schematic design and layout of your bank and the electronic combonation and times of your safe...No outside guy could case that bank as well....

You provided it to Townsend and he employed some of his ex-clients...Mr. M'Boli, a known shot caller, James McClain and Mr. Uleg..Two well known bank robbers...Then when the police got on to them...You or Mr. Townsend or both hired Eddie Dwyer, a contract hitman with a serious drug problem...after he took them out, he slipped up and got himself arrested and charged with a triple murder, frightened that he could give up one or both of you...He somehow wound up killed in jail..

A snitch, Jimmy Hibbler gave the police, Jason Prescott..a fall guy...They needed somebody since the entire bank robbery crew was dead and they didn't have the money...Mr. Prescott went to jail, served up as the sacrificial lamb and you and Mr. Townsend  lived the good life all this time...Then Mr. Townsend discovered he was dying, terminal cancer and he began talking about reopening Mr. Prescott's case...He knew he was innocent and he didn't want to die with a guilty conscience and you couldn't have that, so you either killed or had Charlie Townsend killed to shut him up."

''Am I warm so far Mr. Estep?" I said.


 Kool Kat sat back...
 Charles Estep sat back..

"That's a good story Mr. Morris.. But it's just a good story...One you and the attorney you work for will have a hard time proving....You'll have an even harder time touching my money...I'd say you're pretty accurate with one exception....I didn't kill Charlie Townsend!  Why would I? At any rate , he'd of been dead in another six weeks...I knew about his Cancer diagnosis...He told me...What did I care if he reopened Prescott's case???...I don't know Prescott and he never met me...Besides....I heard he was freed a day or two ago...His conviction overturned....I didn't care about that and Charlie couldn't have told on me without telling on himself.." he laughed..
 I handed him a subpeona...

''Well I hope to see you in court to tell your side of your story.." I said with a smile.
 "You rotten bastard....You've served your little court summons....Now both of you...GET THE HELL OUT OF MY OFFICE!!" he said.
 Kool Kat stood up..
"Come on Walter...Let's go..We are done here..." I said and we left...

 As we drove home...
 "That cat was as cool as a cucumber...He didn't flinch....You think you got the goods on him?" asked Kool Kat...
"For the most part yeah....but he did tell the truth about one thing....He said he didn't kill Charles Townsend and you know what Walter? I believe him..." I said..

 "What? You think Chris Daley really killed him?" asked Kool Kat..

"Oh No...No...But it wasn't Charles Estep either." I said.

IV-



Sepia was still up , when I got home...I could hear her fumbling around in our bedroom..

"Hi , I waited up for you!!" she whispered..

 "Mmmmmmm I'm glad you did.." I said..
.I took her in my arms and kissed her slowly, passionately...

Sepia unzipped my trousers and softly caressed my engorged and erect penis..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh myyyyyy Kevin.... I need to take care of that..." she whispered softly in my ears...

"Yesssss..You do"I agreed...and slipped her slip dress up over her head....She unzipperd my trousers and fondled me gently....

"This is an even better idea." I said softly...

"You are soooo nasty." she laughed.. "It doesn't make any sense...you being this huge and this hard.."she added...


We embraced in a passionate kiss once more...

"Ummmmmmmmmm,this is so nice.." she moaned..

"Yes you arrrreeee." I moaned..

"You are soooo nasttty!" she replied..laughing giddily...
I lifted up her slip dress, slipped her panties down and off and began humping her across the bed...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh husband,  get fully undressed ,so we can be comfortable.."she said...

I didn't want to stop...but I did..and we fully undressed.....
I lifted Sepia up and began long stroking her....She was beyond soft, very wet and smelled very good, almost baby soft...I was delirious with lust...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu husband...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"she moaned as a stroked and thrusted into her mightily...

A Good TWO HOURS seemed to just evaporate....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Kevinnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"said Sepia, who's entire body was shaking...She was having an intense orgasm....I could tell...Tears were flowing from her eyes and she was holding on to me for dear life...
"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GODDDD!" she screamed as I bent her over the dresser drawers...

"Shhhhhhhhh, don't wake up Kimmie.." I cautioned...

I laid her across our bed.....I began to move inside of her slower and slower....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl...I'm losing my mind.,.."I moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"she cooed softly...

A Good EIGHT TO NINE HOURS went by.....Neither one of us could seem to get enough of each other...

Our bed was squeaking out of control and our headboard slammed against the wall...

Sepia was once again having an intense orgasm...Shaking, trembling..Head turning from side to side, tears flowing from her eyes....

''Oh my god..oh my god...oh my godddddddddddddddd, ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuweeeeeeeee!" she squealed....as she positioned herself on top of me and rode me  hard and fast..

Finally, I began to cum and cum so hard....my body was trembling and shaking....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!"I yelled out....

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!" she moaned...


 ''You good baby?" she asked..

"Always" I said.
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." I moaned...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned..

I held her in my arms...We dozed off to a deep relaxing sleep..

The next morning...I was sitting in the kitchen listening to some smooth jazz and drinking a cup of coffee..
 Sepia stood by the breakfast table ...
 She was drinking Orange Juice...
 "Do you want some coffee?" I asked..
 "Yes, pass me a cup.." she said..

We had had quite a night..
 Just then my phone rang...It was Jazzy...
 "Good Morning Jazzy..What's up?" I asked.
"Charles Estep!  He's Dead! He was found in his office this morning..Apparently he took some Cyanide tablets and chased it with Gin..A suicide!!" said Jazzy..

 "All these people having a crisis of conscience!" I said.
''Yeah, how about that?" she said.

(CONCLUSION NEXT)

No comments: