Sunday, December 24, 2017

Before The Party Passes You By

The Week before Christmas in San Francisco was wonderful....We had a great time with Olivia's Brother and Sister and Law... Jimmy and Malinda West...


They took us out to different places to eat and drink and party every night....


And during the day...Jimmie, Nelson and I hung out....





While Malinda, Olivia and Beverly went, what else?? shopping.....
"I so miss going to the mall with you guys...like we did when we were teenagers Liv" said Malinda.
"I know...You have to come home,so we can go to the new shopping centers that Chris and Chess built.."said Olivia..
"Yes....Any store you can name is in them...and both shopping centers are so big, you need a shuttle bus to travel them.."said Beverly...
Sylvia Glenn even joined them one of those days...

"This is sooo much fun, thanks for inviting me along..."said Sylvia..

It was too good..in the days leading up to Christmas...

But I'm a Detective, I knew the other shoe was going to drop and soon..Beverly hadn't yet run into Larry North!!!

II-

The First shoe dropped two days before Christmas.....It was a rare day the four of us were together, touring the San Francisco Streets...

 "You guys are going back home with more bags than we came with." I joked....
 ''Heyyy a girl has got to have a few new dresses." said Olivia, smiling...
 "Oh and course some new shoes too right?" joked Nelson....
"Right! See? He's learning Auntay....He's gonna be a good husband!" laughed Beverly , who took him by the arms and leaned her head into his chest.....

It was then Beverly heard a familliar voice from her past...

"BEVERLY?   BEVERLY WEST???" came the voice...

We turned around and there was  Wallace Anderson and his wife, Ginger Anderson walking the streets....Like the girls, she had a lot of shopping bags...

 ''Wow! Imagine running into you all the way out in San Francisco and this time of year too!"said Wallace...A nice guy who Olivia and Beverly had once represented during his wedding to Ginger in Punta Canta....That was a lifetime ago now... Olivia ,Beverly and I had the unfortunate luck of having our room on the same floor as the bridal party during that time...  He was the one Beverly said that got away...The one man who had truly loved her warts and all and understood her...They had broken up and the next time she saw him...He was getting married.. That had been the single event that drove her into Nelson's arms...She and Nelson had hooked up upon our return to Philadelphia that weekend..


Ginger, who We'd seen leaving out of another man's room a few nights before had a look of total horror on her face....She hadn't told Wallace she had run into us...

Beverly looked her straight in the eyes and said sweetly...

"Hi Ginger so nice to see you..."  Then she said...

"I won't be Beverly West much longer...I'll be officially Mrs. Beverly East..." she said and showed her ring finger..
It sparkled!!!


Ginger's eyes got as wide as saucers...

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU BEVERLY!!! YOU'RE ENGAGED!  OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU GIRL!!!! "she said and surprisingly hugged Beverly....

Wallace smiled..

''WOW BEV, ENGAGED!!! CONGRATULATIONS!"he said and hugged her too...

"I don't know if you've met my Fiance....Nelson, Nelson East! He's an Attorney with Foxworth and Associates in Philadelphia. Nelson,this is Dr. Wallace Anderson and his wife, Dr. Ginger Anderson." said Beverly...

"Pleased to meet you...I think we did meet once...In Philly..."said Nelson..

"Yeah, yeah...I recall us meeting before...Well congratulations man, you've got a great girl there ...a truly nice person...but I know you know that"said Wallace...smiling and genuinely happy for Beverly and Nelson...



"Olivia, that dress is fierce girl...I see we've both been taking advantage of the shopping out here.."said Ginger..

"Yesss indeed...We are spending Christmas with my older brother and his wife...They live out here now...He's Beverly Father..." said Olivia.

"Yes...Yes...I forget you two are aunt and niece....You both look so close in age.....Like sisters.... Ouuu Beverly girl....I am soooo happy for you!" said a relieved Ginger...Relieved that Beverly didn't blow her cover...

"So what are you guys doing out here?" I asked...
''A surgeon's convention...I hate to go to these things...So close to Christmas....But her beloved section head Dr. John Bauer insisted that she come to this...So I tagged along....I wasn't about to sit in Philadelphia alone...It's too close to Christmas not to be with your sweetie ." he said..


"Oh sweeeetie...." said Ginger who placed a sensuous kiss on his lips..

It all seemed so phony....but who was I to judge?
"So how long are you guys out here?" asked Olivia...

"Unfortunately, we are leaving in the morning...Christmas Eve....I want to be home in Philly for Christmas..."said Wallace....

"Look, you guys have my address and if not, My Uncle, Rollie Rollerson knows it...Let us know when you're getting married..I'll send you something.."said Wallace..

''Wallace you know you're invited...You and your wife!" said Beverly...

He smiled..

"Well Thank You! Congratulations Beverly, Nelson...Nothing but the best for the both of you.." he said..


''Yes Beverly , nothing but the best...Nice seeing you guys again!" said Ginger, who seemed relieved to be leaving...

Olivia smiled and hugged Beverly...

"That was sweet of you...You could have busted her..." she said.

"That was for Wallace...Not her...Besides...Why spoil Christmas for somebody ?" she said..

I smiled..

"Look at that...Shortcake is evolving!" I said and hugged her...

"Like you say Donnie Ray...So many layers to the Beverly Onion...Man I'm going to have such an awesome wife.."said Nelson, smiling...


"Of course you are!  That's my  niece!" said Olivia, smiling and kissing Nelson on the cheek!

III-
We spent a beautiful Christmas Day with Jimmy and Malinda...

We exchanged gifts...

And Malinda put out a nice spread that left us all so full, we couldn't move....


After dinner...Jimmy and I got so drunk...that we both passed out...

"Look at em Livy....Knocked out......I got some blankets....just put em over em....Bev..you and Nelson can have the guest room...Liv and me can bunk up..."said Malinda..

Olivia later told me that she looked at the two of us..Me and Jimmy and just laughed hysterically...

Beverly and Nelson were in the corner, oblivious to all of that, kissing passionately...

"Bev, I could take all your clothes off right now.." whispered  Nelson...

"Don't even say it boo...I feel like coming out of my clothes too!..Ummmmmm, let's go back to our hotel room." she said in between kisses..
"I can't wait that long...Let's go upstairs. "said Nelson in between Beverly's butter soft kisses.

"Okay!..." said Beverly ,winking at him....

"WHAT?  Oh My godddd! For real???" Nelson mused..

Beverly laughed...

"Yes, for real....I'm sorry for laughing at you....You're just sooo funny when you're horny!" she said, still laughing...

"Come on....Let's take care of that..Merry Christmas boo" she whispered softly and smiled sweetly....

She took him by the hand and the two of them retreated upstairs to the back room.. They locked the door..

They were out of their clothes within minutes and in the bed..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lawd...girl...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..This is the nicest Christmas gift of all that I've gotten.." he moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Nelson..You're my best Christmas Gift too!" she moaned..

They began making slow, tender and sweet love....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Nelson...Oh My god..."swooned Beverly..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Beverly, you are driving me crazy...this is sooooooooooooo damn good.." he moaned..

"Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Nelson..Give it to me..Give it to me daddy..Give it to meeeee...Wooooooooooooooou... " she cooed...

''Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww lawd girl.." howled Nelson..

"Shhhhhhh, let's not make too much noise....I'm sure everybody knows what we are up here doing " she whispered...

The bed didn't squeak a lot....and there was a small headboard...It wasn't ramming against the wall...

They both were enjoying each other immensely....

FIVE TO SIX HOURS flowed effortlessly...

Of course we knew what they were upstairs doing..


"My little girl is a woman now!" mused Jimmy....
''She's been a woman for quite some time now.." said Malinda, smiling.. Liv, remember when she was a baby and we used to tell her anything and she believed us?" said Malinda...
I smiled...

"Really? You two did Shortcake like that??"I said ,laughing...
" Oh yess...She was a little girl about 4 or 5 years old and we were about 12 or 13...and she always wanted to hang with us...We did tell her some tall tales didn't we Malinda?"laughed Olivia...

 Remembering when her little niece and her shared a bedroom... " She's all grown up now, about to get married...I can't believe it..."mused Olivia.


Jimmy, Malinda, Olivia and I left and drove around San-Francisco.....Giving Beverly and Nelson their privacy..

 It was a beautiful city......We were all in a great mood..

We had made it all the way to Christmas.. I thought....We might make it out of here with no controversy.....

Well ,maybe a little controversy...

IV-

The next morning...Malinda fixed Pancakes and Sausage for us....



''Awww babe...Thank you...Whooooo I'm glad I only see you once a year Brother in law.."said Jimmy,laughing..Jimmy and I had really tied one on last night...I haven't been that drunk in years...

''Shame on you Jimmy.."joked Malinda..
''Awww man...That aint even me.." I moaned...

Olivia put a cold towel on my head..

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww baby...Mama will take care of you when we get back to the room." she said..

She kissed me softly.....passionately..

''I missed you last night.." she whispered..

I was sorry I missed a chance  to take care of her last night.... I woke up in the middle of the night on the couch...Jimmy was on the floor with a huge pillow under his head, snoring...Olivia was upstairs asleep...It was way too late for me to wake her up for any monkey business..

We were leaving tomorrow...
Beverly sat in Nelson's lap...She was practically glowing....
Nelson cut her pancakes up and fed her like a child...She loved it!

''Awwww look at that....Nelson, tell her that next time, it's your turn.." said Jimmy, laughing...

We had had a great time in San Francisco...No case...Just leisurely relaxing,eating, drinking and partying and enjoying our time with Jimmy and Malinda...It had really gone better than any of us expected..

We returned to our hotel.....Olivia and I went back to our room..for more kissing and making out...Just the two of us.....



''Wanna make up for lost time?"asked Olivia seductively...

 "Boy do I?" I said...


I puled her to me and kissed her softly....


I couldn't wait for Olivia to get out of her clothes ,I was already out of mine as soon as the door closed and locked it seemed...


"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, you couldn't wait could you?" she said..

"No...I couldn't....and if you hadn't suggested we come back to the room...I would've been so backed up.."I said..

"Oh I know that..." she said,laughing..."Just saving you the trouble.." she said..


"Damn girl....I thought about this all day.." I said.

"I believe you..And part of last night too...." she said to me in between wet sloppy kisses...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."I moaned....

"Ummmmmm,I woke up in the middle of the night....I was so tempted to come down stairs and wake you...but I didn't.." she said continuing to kiss me passionately....I lifted her up and entered her softly and slowly...





''I woke up too around 5:00 am......I thought about coming upstairs to wake you up too!"I said.

"I wish you had .ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...ohhh my god...I was up...Ummmmmmmm.." she moaned..

Her lips were so soft....I was becoming aroused beyond belief....Something that wasn't lost on Olivia..

"LAWD!" I said..

"Oh Mr. Alexander.." she giggled...looking up at me....

"Ohhhh my MISTER ALEXANDER!!!"   "You're a horse among ponies..."she said..

I smiled sheepishly...I had heard that before..

"My My Myyyyy.." was all I could say...

"Ouuuuuu Mr. Alexander.....you're fresh" she remarked...

"What's so funny?" I asked..

"Donnie Ray..You really are excited aren't you?  Calm down....Calm down...It's going to be okayyyy, take your time baby...ouuuuuuuuuu" she said, ...As I held her and walked her to the bed...

"Can't help that..."I laughed sheepishly...

"Oh My god...you're as hard as an iron pipe...I'm going to have to take care of that...Ummmmmm..I mean really take care of that...Ouuuuuu weeeeeeee!"she said..

I smiled sheepishly...

"Can't help that either."I said.  I lifted her up again.. and entered her gently and began to move in and out of her..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Easy Donnie Ray, Easyyyyy."Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Donnie Ray..Ohhhhhhhhh my godddd...Ummmmmmm, you are just showing off...Ouuuuuu lawd!" she whispered...

In no time , we were lying on the bed....
 I entered her softly,gently...She was wet and warm...I was losing my mind...as I began to move up and down slowly at first and then gradually faster...This was much better, much more comfortable...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Donnie Ray..Ohhhhhhhhh my godddd!!YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" she moaned...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh , ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ouuuuuuu girl..."I moaned...

  TWO TO THREE HOURS of lovemaking continued...The bed had squeaking loudly and the headboard was moving and silently slamming against the wall.. We were glad Beverly and Nelson were two or three doors down from us..

"Ummmmmmmm Donnie Ray, ouuuuuuuuuuuuu...give it to mama...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu"she moaned..

"Yesss baby yes...." I moaned..

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned loudly...


The bed was squeaking pretty loud and the headboard was slamming against his wall hard...I have to admit...This bed was far noisier than our bed at home......And the headboard sounded like it might come off at any minute..

Olivia was feeling so good,she slapped me across the face...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu MISTER ALEXANDER...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!! You are just showing off...You are showing off in this bed....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" she cried out....

*********************************************************************************
 
Beverly and Nelson went back to their room 


 They were making the walls rattle themselves...
''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Nelson....Oh My goodness.." Beverly moaned....

"Damn girl you feel so good." said Nelson

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Beverly..."he moaned...

''What has gotten into you?  You can't keep your hands off of me..." she giggled as they made sweet love..

"I know..." said Nelson...

She giggled...

The bed was really squeaking loudly now and the headboard sounded as if it might come off at any minute...

"Woooooooooooooooooooooo....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu boy stop ittttt...ummmmmmmmmmmmm.." she moaned, almost in tears....

"Beverly, I love you so much.."Nelson cried out...

"I love you too Nelson...Oh my god, so much." she said, now in tears....

Like us...a good TWO TO THREE HOURS of lovemaking seemed to drift effortlessly by...

Tears were just flowing down Beverly's face and in between slow, butter soft kisses, she was clinging to Nelson for dear life....and having a very intense orgasm....

Nelson was cumming so hard....He was certain he was going to die...

 Both of them held each other tightly and stared into each other's eyes........ Nelson was exhausted from their lovemaking yesterday and today...He drifted off into a nice peaceful sleep...but Beverly was wired...She showered and got dressed....He was still sleeping soundly when she grabbed her purse and headed for the door..She kissed him on the cheek...He smiled at her...She kissed him in the lips for a few minutes...He smiled and drifted back to sleep.

Not sleepy and with nothing to do...Beverly went for  a walk...


She would tell me later, she wished she hadn't..

She heard another familliar voice...

"BEVERLY? BEV IS THAT YOU?" came the voice..It was the voice of Larry North...

She smiled weakly...

"Hi Larry...Merry Christmas..." she said..

"Merry Christmas to you too! Lawdddddddddddddddddd Girl, can you get any sexier?" he said, looking her up and down..

She smiled..She was used to this....Might as well get it over with!

"You look well too Larry..." she said.

"I met your dad!!! A few months ago.......I kind of remember meeting him years ago in Philly when we were dating...He didn't remember me...I had to uh fill him in...He told me you guys would be in town for the holidays...I kept thinking you'd be staying with Syl...but I didn't see you..I stopped by there to return the baby and she said you guys were staying somewhere else." he said.

"No We are actually staying down the street in a hotel...We are leaving tomorrow..."said Beverly...

He sighed..

"Damn, all this time...I could have checked you out...Taken you guys out to a few spots..." he said..

''Syl took us to a few nice places and My Father and step-mother made up for any Syl missed..."said Beverly ,laughing gingerly...

''Where is Liv and Donnie Ray?  Back in the room huh?" he laughed..

"They're sleep." she said..

"Yeah, right! Sleep." he said, laughing raffishly... By now we actually were asleep.....

"No, they are!!...My Father and Donnie Ray really  hung one on last night...and we all ate a lot...Everybody is knocked out..."she said.

''Except You huh?"he said.

"Except me..You Know me...The energizer bunny"said Beverly...laughing uneasily!

"Yesss...Yesss...I wished I'd caught some of that energy of yours in bed....Ummmm."said Larry..He was practically looking through her white linen skirt...

"Don't start Larry, be nice...It's the holidays...."said Beverly diplomatically....

"You know Bev...I talked to your father a lot over the summer, once I found out who he was...Cool guy....I talked about you....As you know, Syl and I aren't together anymore...And I thought uh the time was right for me to be a man for you..To be the man that nobody else is willing to be...I mean it's time to stop playing and just come right out with it...To step up to the plate..." he said.

"Larry ,what are you talking about?" she asked..

"I'm talkin about me and you!" he said..

"There is no Me and You!" she said.

He totally ignored her....

"Your friend, Lem was out here a few months ago with this other lawyer...Zoey....Nice looking girl..She said she knows you all...
I could tell Lem and her  were close....He stayed up under her the entire time...Not that I blame him..She was a looker!

He proposed to her on the Golden Gate Bridge...I went and picked up the ring for him...He told me that now was as good a time as ever ..He said if you know something in your heart ,you might as well act on it...See he knew she was the one for him..He knew...And that got me to thinkin.."said Larry North...

"Thinking about what?" asked Beverly, sighing...She had dreaded running into Larry....Even more ,she dreaded having this conversation.
He noticed a ring on her left hand....It was sparkling....

''What is that? " he asked.
"It's a Christmas Gift from Nelson...Even though it was kind of early....He gave it to me two weeks ago..."she said and showed it to Larry...She was gushing....

"Damn!  That ring looks like it put him back a pretty penny...I can't believe he has good tastes like that...Donnie Ray obviously picked this out for him....Wait....Christmas Gift?? That's not a, That's not a...Please tell me that's not a...." he said.

"It is!!!!...It's an engagement ring!!!......Nelson and I are engaged!!!...We're getting married in eight weeks...It's the best Christmas Gift he could have given me at this point.."said Beverly, smiling..

"WHATTTTTTT??" said Larry North......"MARRIED??"    "EIGHT WEEKS???", "YOU AND NELSON, GETTING MARRIED???"WHATTTTTTT??" he asked...

"You once said Nelson would never totally commit to me...remember? Well you were wrong...He has..."said Beverly...

"MARRIED???" he asked...

"We've been going together for about three years....It'll be four in February when we get married..It's about time don't you think?" said Beverly...

"I-I DON'T BELIEVE IT!  I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!! I-I-I WAS GOING TO ASK YOU TO MARRY ME!!!!" he said..

"Seriously Larry?? YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!! I haven't seen you in over a year...and besides, you and Syl have a baby together!"said Beverly...

"We aren't together....Haven't been for about two months...We are cool ,We are in a good place..." said Larry..

''Well, it's the Holiday season...She's alone...You should make up with her.. "said Beverly...

Again, he totally ignored her...

"I don't believe this!!!...."I don't believe this!!!Is Nelson here or in Philly? Please say you left him behind.."said Larry...

"He's in the room , sleep..." said Beverly..

"Look at that ! Sleep and you out here walking the streets all alone.."said Larry...

"Stop being Melo dramatic Larry...Nelson earned his sleep if you know what I mean and I know you do...." she said smiling sheepishly...

The thought of them making sweet love drove him crazy!

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR THIS! I-I DON'T BELIEVE IT!  I CAN'T BELIEVE IT!!!" he bellowed...

"Believe it Larry!!! Nelson and I are engaged...We are getting married..." said Beverly , now no longer patient with Larry North.

"But....But...But..." he mumbled....
"You know, everybody else congratulated me, gave me their best wishes..."said Beverly..

''Well I can't!!!!....I'm not good with this...WHAT DID YOUR FATHER SAY??" asked Larry..

"He hugged Nelson and welcomed him to the family! You know what your problem is Larry? You've never known how to quit when you were ahead...You have a beautiful woman...Sylvia..A woman who a lot of guys would kill for...Yall got a beautiful baby girl and you threw that away...You had me too once  and you threw me away...You need to take stock of your life Larry...before the party passes you by"said Beverly...

"Looks like the party has already passed me by....I can't believe this....Beverly I'm not good with this...I'm sorry...He's not the man for you...I am.."said Larry...

"YOU???? Don't Make me Laugh....You had your chance, remember???...You chose to sleep with the pretty new Public Defender, Annette Collins. Remember her? "Larry ,could you hurry up out there?...It's cold and I'm like super naked."  She remarked reminding him of the the day she caught the two of them in bed at his loft many years before and her hearing Annette calling from his living room....Larry winced at the reminder. It had broken young Beverly's heart.....She forgave him, but she never entertained the idea of ever being his girlfriend again.

" You're so wrong Larry...Nelson is the man for me...He is....I love him....Whether you believe or accept that or not...That's the way it is..Be Well Larry...Merry Christmas!!!.....Have a Happy New Year!!! I hope you and Syl get back together...I'll see you around Larry.." said Beverly who walked away....
Larry watched her walk  down the street....He cried profusely...He kicked a trash can over and he jumped up and down in frustration...People walking by stared at him....Beverly was glad to be away from him....She couldn't believe how he was carrying on...




V-
I was in the hallway when Beverly came back from her walk...upon seeing me, she hugged me for a long time..She cried a little bit!

''What's the matter Shortcake?" I asked...

"I ran into Larry North...I told him I was engaged...He acted like a Park Ape...He kicked over a trash can and jumped up and down....Crying like a baby!! Right out there in the street....People looking at him like he was crazy! Everybody else...Every body else  has congratulated us and wished us well..Even Daddy!!  But Larry North...He had to have a hissy fit..Donnie Ray is Auntay up?" she asked..

''Yeah, come on in..Don't Worry about him Shortcake...The important thing is the people closest to you and who love you the most...Your Dad, Your Step mother, Your Mom, Me and your Auntay...and Josie and all of our friends in Philly approve of it...That's all that matters...He's just one guy."I said.

I kissed her forehead...


''Hey you...Feel like going for a walk?" said Olivia...who opened the door as we walked in..She took one look at Beverly and could tell something was wrong..

"What's the matter?" she asked..

"I just came back from a walk Auntay!....Guess who I ran into? Larry North....I told him Nelson and I were engaged..He was not happy...Oh he pitched a hissy fit...He kicked over a trash can and jumped up and down....Crying like a baby!! Right out there in the street....People looking at him like he was crazy, Told me he was getting ready to propose to me...Saying he wished he had run into me a little sooner since he knew we were out here...Oh it was terrible...He's a trip..I didn't think he'd make such a scene..." she said and hugged Olivia..

Olivia held her niece and rocked her back and forth...



"Ohhhh my!!! He carried on like that?  He is funny....I can't believe him.I talked to Syl...She said he's called her constantly over the holiday week...Asking if he could come over and spend the night...She told him no...In fact she went out on a date with somebody last night..Took the baby to Oakland to stay over her Aunt's house...I think Larry has gone as far as he can with Sylvia.."said Olivia.
"He's never known when he's had a good thing?" said Beverly...

"I know I've got a good thing!" said Nelson, who was up and had showered and changed clothes.. He pulled Beverly to him and kissed her passionately...
"Mmmmmmmmmmm god, you are so good.." he said..

Beverly smiled...Her entire mood improved.....

"You aren't half bad yourself.." she said laughing...and kissed him again..

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.." he moaned..in between wet,sloppy kisses...
"Hey,let's go to that club in Oakland...that we went to the last time we were here..I feel like one last celebration before we go home!!" said Nelson..Who was exuberant!!!


"Look at youuuu, All Happy! I like that...Want to rent a car Donnie Ray?" asked Olivia..

"How can I say no to you?" I said.



Olivia looked at Beverly...

"Aren't we some truly fortunate women...??"she said ,smiling..

"Indeed!" said Beverly...who rubbed Nelson's hands..and leaned her head into his chest....He put his arms around her and she hugged him tightly...
Nelson smiled.

EPILOUGE-


 For our very last night in San Francisco, We went over the Bridge to Oakland to a club called Uptown that ironically Larry North told us about and took us to a couple of years ago when we were first here..
The club reminded me an awful lot of Josie's in Philly...
They had live music in addition to D.J.'s spinning and the drinks were flowing..

and cheap too..
That was a plus..

The girls found their Citris Martinis...

''Well Ladies...Are they as good as Seattle..?"I asked..

"They're close...but like my Brother said..No Match!"laughed Olivia...She was wearing my favorite dress and I couldn't take my eyes off of her...
"I sure hope my daddy doesn't come in here tonight and see me in this dress..."joked Beverly...

"I know right? He'd have a fit....He might get mad at me too with this dress on...Remember that other one you wore? The scandalous one you wore back in Philly that night you uh gave Larry North some payback for having Nelson's tires slashed and having his car towed...Remember?" laughed Olivia..

"Yeah,I remember..Don't bring him up!"laughed Beverly...

"I certainly remember that dress, LAWDDDDD!" said Nelson....Who was staring at Beverly intensely....

She looked at Nelson and smiled and shook her head....

"I'm sure you did...Your eyeballs nearly fell out of their sockets....Like my husbands are falling out now!" said Olivia..giving me the serious side eye and laughing....
"I'll wear it for you in Philly or better yet...On our Honeymoon, Okay?" said Beverly to Nelson  with a smile..
"Heads Up guys...It's Larry North.." I said.
"Speak of the Devil and he appears!" said Olivia..
"Damn, and we were having such a good time." said Beverly sarcastically...

He saw us and walked over to our table...

''What's goin on man?" I said and shook his hand..

"I can't call it...You got the hot hand man...Sorry I didn't get to hang out with you guys..I had heard you were in town.."he said...

He then looked at Olivia...

"Hi Larry.." she said and smiled..

"Hello OLIVIA!!!" he said, his eyes practically falling out of their sockets....

He looked at me..

"LAWDDDDDDDDDDD DONNIE RAY, You better put some handcuffs on your wife...Good gracious...That dress should be against the law Livy." he said, smiling salaciously...

Olivia had been turning heads and breaking necks in here...Beverly had as well!

He peered at Beverly and Nelson..

''Hello Larry..Hello Again!" she said..

He ignored her completely!Though he took account of the dress she was wearing and how sexy and revealing it was....He wanted to say something to her...but he couldn't...The thought that Nelson would be taking that dress off and making love to her sometime tonight made him sick to his stomach!
''What's Up Man?" said Nelson, who remarkably felt little to no animosity towards Larry North..

"Hello Nelson...."He said.. He didn't speak to Beverly at all...He looked at Olivia..
Beverly didn't know why, but she felt a little hurt that Larry was acting this way, That he wasn't happy for her and that he was childishly not speaking to her. She had thought that they could at least be friends..

"Your Niece has broken my heart again Liv...She's getting married....and not to me..." He said.
"You Do know I can hear you right?" said Beverly..Now totally disgusted with Larry's antics...
I smiled, Now that is the Beverly I had come to know and love..

Larry North ignored her once again....

"She isn't doing anything to you Larry...She's going on with her life..You should try it sometimes...Why can't you just be happy for her?  She was happy for you and Syl when you two had a baby....She didn't act like this.This is so beneath you...Grow Up Larry!"said Olivia..

She was disgusted with the way Larry was behaving and the fact that it was upsetting her niece a little bit..
He looked at her ring again....Sparkling..

A slow song came on....Beverly and Nelson got up and began to dance..
"Wanna Dance with the future Mrs. East.?" Beverly said purposely, so Larry could hear it!
 ''Why of course!" said Nelson, who was all too anxious to put his arms around Beverly the way she looked tonight...

He took her by the hand and led her to the dance floor where several other couples were dancing slow....

The lights in the room dimmed...

She leaned  her head into his shoulder and the two of them glided effortlessly on the dance floor,oblivious to everything and especially Larry North...Nelson looked like he was trying to be absorbed into Beverly's sexy black dress....




Larry's heart was broken....Watching them dance slowly was more than he could take...

Larry shook his head....He didn't like be scolded by his friend, Olivia....but he couldn't reconcile his feelings for Beverly.  knowing now that she was practically out of his grasp for good...Nelson had made a move he never thought he'd make...He had counted on Nelson not having the guts to risk rocking the boat and asking Bev to marry him...He believed that Beverly was just settling for Nelson until he,Larry North got serious about her...He figured wrong!  He didn't blame Nelson....Had he of been in Nelson's position, he'd of done the same thing...

"It's going to take me some time Liv..." he said..  "Oh Well, Happy Holidays.." he said..

 "Be Well Larry!!...Happy Holidays..." said Olivia.

Beverly had said that to him...How much alike these two were...They were like sisters....More so than Aunt and Niece...He adored them both...He always had....

He kissed Olivia on the forehead..

"Bye Liv...Happy Holidays to you..." he said..

He looked at me..

''Happy Holidays to you too Donnie Ray."

''Yeah man." I said.
 Larry North walked over to the bar, where he sat down and ordered a slew of drinks..
Olivia smiled at me...

"You know I hate forehead kisses.." she said.

Larry North didn't look our way the rest of the night...I felt sorry for him.... He glanced at Beverly and Nelson slow dancing and turned his head in disgust!
 I danced with Beverly, Once the fast music started and she started dancing...She seemed to get past Larry North completely...She looked happy!
And Nelson danced with Olivia...

"I guess after Bev and I get married I'll call you Auntay too right?" joked Nelson...

Olivia laughed Hysterically....

"Noooooooooooo that's her pet name for me and only she can call me that...Besides...We've been friends all these years...Wouldn't you feel funny calling me your Aunt?" asked Olivia..

"Yeah Liv ,I guess you're right...But you will be like an in law..." said Nelson...

"I'm just family....That's all.."laughed Olivia...
"Guys, All things considered....I had a great time...Didn't you Boo?" asked Beverly...now resting up against Nelson...

''Sure Did.." said Nelson...hugging her and kissing her forehead...
"Guys, it's a little after one...You wanna go? We got a plane to catch in the morning.."I said..

''I don't care...You guys ready to go?" asked Olivia...

"You guys are driving....I don't care." said Beverly laughing...She was glowing...I could tell she was very happy...I hoped Shortcake always stayed as happy as she looked tonight..
"Yeah, let's cut out..."said Nelson, who put his arms around Beverly....She put her arms around him and kissed his cheeks...

 I took Olivia's hand in mine and we walked out....
She took one last look at Larry North, quaffing down beers.....He didn't notice we were leaving...
We left and headed back to San-Francisco....It would be nice to return to Philly and get ready for New Years Eve and the challenges that awaited us in the coming year!


FOR SLC  and LChantay!







17 comments:

Toni said...

GREAT STORY ALL AROUND KEITH, I LOVED IT!

Angie B. said...

WHAT A NICE STORY,LOVED BOTH PARTS!

Sunflower said...

Nicely done...Love the way it was plotted and executed...!

Lisa said...

Great story Keith...I hope Larry North doesn't try any shenanigans to ruin their wedding!

Halo said...

Loved the story Keith, Just loved it!

Vanessa said...

I gotta piggyback Halo's comment...I Loved the story Keith, Just loved it!

Lisa said...

This was a great two parter...It certainly had enough guest starts...Kevin and Sepia,Sylvia Glenn,Jimmy and Malinda West, Wallace and Ginger Anderson and of course, Larry North..Loved it!

Rita said...

You Left so much open for future stories or sub-plots...What is Larry North going to do? , Will he get back with Sylvia? Wallace and Ginger? What is going on with their marriage...?? I can't wait for the new year...

Brenda said...

Beverly was very nice to Ginger...She could have busted her...but I suspect she didn't want to ruin Christmas for Wallace, who is her friend after all..That was mature and nice of her...Great Story!

Cheryl said...

Nicely done...I enjoyed it!

Yvonne Anderson said...

Wonderful two parter and as was stated in an earlier comment...You left a lot open for future sub-plots!

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES!

JAmes Perkins said...

I figured you would by now!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

LMAO!

Cheryl said...

LMAO!

Tate 2 said...

Good Story!

SLC said...

What Rita said. And thanks for the shout out.
SLC