Friday, December 29, 2017

Room 99

The next morning....Bonnie called me and told me to meet her at a certain address...
"Gotta go baby...Might be a break in the case."I said.

Sepia half smiled..

"Be careful Husband.." she said.

I kissed Sepia long and softly, almost like I didn't want to let her go...

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuu, that felt like a bedroom kiss." she said...

"It did, didn't it?" I said softly...
We kissed some more...

"Keep this up and neither one of us is going to get anything done today....Now go on...I'll be here when you get back." she said and smiled..

"I hope so baby.."I said.

II-
What I walked up on was a crime scene...A body being carted out of a row house....in Olde City...
Bonnie met me as I arrived on the scene...

''Kevin...I told Hazel that you and I were investigating the disappearence of Yogen Slyde and kind of piggy backing on the Crandle Murder investigation...She's kept my secret all this time and she called me this morning.." she said..

I unzippered the body bag...

I felt the body...it was stiff and very cold..

I looked at Bonnie...

"This is Yogen?" I said.

"That's him...Our search is over..." she said..

"The body is cold, stiff...Any time of death Hazel?" I asked.

"I won't know until I get him to the morgue...but both of you come inside, come upstairs with me.." she said.


We walked into an apartment that was frigid..The Air conditioner was blasting at full power....It was December...This was odd...

CSI people were looking for prints, DNA, clues...Uniformed policemen were controlling the small crowds and snapping crime scene photos...

"The body was found on the bed, nude ,like it was a summer day...cold and with rigor already in..."said Hazel...

"We identified the body by the wallet over there on the dresser...His drivers license and credit cards, debit cards are all there and some money too..$250.00 cash....and his work ID...I have to tell you..I gave you two a heads up, but I had to call Lt. Tragg, since this is his jurisdiction...I sure wish Sissy and the guys were working this case.." she said.

"We all do." I said.

And Just then, Lt. Tragg walked in...

"Morris, Shay ,what are you two doing here?" he asked.
"I told you were are working a case...A Missing persons investigation...We found the body of the person we were looking for..Yogen Slyde.." I said, Lying about finding his body...
He looked at Bonnie..

"Your co-worker right? The one who was missing...You make a positive ID?" he asked..

"I did.!.That's him...His wallet is over there on the night stand with his work ID, Drivers License, Credit Cards, Debit Cards and money in it.."said Bonnie..

Lt. Tragg examined the body...

"Hmmmm no physical trauma, no broken bones...no stab wounds or gun shot wounds.." he said.

"No, but he's bloating...and from the discoloration of his skin...I'm guessing now that he was poisoned the same way Crandle was poisoned...I'll know for sure when I get him back to the morgue.."said Hazel..

"Get him back now!!...Release the body and do a tox on him immediately ,Make this priority! Email me your findings!" said Lt. Tragg..

Hazel glared at him like she wanted to strangle him... but she turned and said..

"Okay guys...let's get him out of here.." she said.

Hazel's team put the body in the bag and carted him off....

Lieutenant Tragg looked at Bonnie and me..

"Your case is closed!!!...You said you were looking for a missing person, you've  found him...Any interference out of either of you and I'll arrest you both and charge you with Obstruction of Justice...Got it?" he said..

"Got it" said Bonnie..
He glared at me...

"Got it Morris? I'm not Sissy..." he said.

"Oh I definitely know that..." I said and smiled..  "Come on Bon -Bon.." I said as we got in our cars and left..

III-
No sooner had we left, Lt. Tragg addressed the reporters...

''What we have here is another Gay Serial Killer threatening the peace of the city....You all can rest assured that I'm on his or her trail and they will not escape the swift justice I have planned for them." he said..

''Will you be working with Lt. Sissy Van Buren and her C.I.D. unit?? and maybe the FBI??" asked a reporter..

"No, this is strictly a Homicide investigation...MY INVESTIGATION!!!...I ALONE WILL BRING THIS MONSTER TO JUSTICE....SO WHOEVER YOU ARE...I'M PUTTIN YOU ON NOTICE!!  I'M COMIN FOR YA!" he said sternly...

"Hopefully with your pants on!" remarked a reporter..

The remark was met with guffaws of laughter...

Lt. Tragg glared at the reporter who had made the joke balefully....
An hour later...Lt. Tragg was summoned into Captain Ed Cantrell's office...

"You know Ed, this is getting to be aggravating ,I'm in the middle of a big case here.."said Lieutenant Tragg..

"You haven't solved Crandle's murder....It's been Three weeks, almost four...Now here we have another death...A death that hasn't officially been confirmed and you're on Television getting the city in a panic about a Gay Serial killer..You don't know that yet....." said Captain Ed Cantrell...

"I do know it...My Gut tells me it's the same guy..."said Lt. Tragg...

''Well until you close this case Art....Would you stay off the TV?" asked Captain Cantrell.

"I've got a killer to catch." said Lt. Tragg..

IV-
Sepia stood outside my building...She had been upstairs at Morris Communications more times than she could count...but she had never been downstairs in the sub-basement ,where Morris Investigations was..

"So what did you want Kevin?" she asked..

"Come with me and Bonnie." I said..

The three of us got on the elevator that took us down to my Agency...

I brought them both inside..

Sepia was stunned  at all of the computers and 45 inch monitors and desks with people working behind them...

"Wow!! " she said..."So this is where you hang out at night huh?" she joked..

"You're my wife, my partner...I can't keep you out in the dark from this part of my life...Here is a key card...You're now an unofficial member of the team.." I said... I passed one to Bonnie also..

"You too Bon.."I said..

"Guys...Meet two unofficial members of the team...My wife, Sepia Morris and Mrs. Bonnie Shay." I announced..

They all stood and clapped...

''Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww Thank you baby!" she said and gave me a soft, sensual kiss..

''That was a bedroom kiss." she whispered to me. I believe I blushed a little bit.
"Gee Thanks.." She said.

There was 39 men at desks with computers and phones doing administrative work...and 7 additional investigators, all male
led by Peeping Tom and Lockpick Johnson....Owen Todd, Clerow and Sean Jackson were also present.. and now for the first time...Two females were also privy to my operation...
"So guys what have we got on that ip address?" I asked..

Peeping Tom smiled..."We traced it to this address....and a guy named Phillip Marlow...as the owner...
"What about Crandle's laptop? Any simular hits on dating sites?" asked Bonnie..

"Yeah...We got a hit..."said Sean Jackson...

''We cross checked the dating sites of both men and they both met one guy in particular...A guy calling himself ''Dick Dangler" He is the last person to email Crandle...He responded to Crandle's profile and they not only emailed each other...They agreed to meet in front of the playground..." said Owen Todd.

Clerow pointed to the monitor..
"Street Camera Footage shows this car driving up..and look...There is our guy..We got some good footage of him, meeting with Crandle..They get in the car and they drive to this location, supported by the Traffic Cam....."he said.

"We got a plate on the car....and we ran it down...It belongs to...Guess who? Phillip Marlowe" said Peeping Tom...

"Look, three weeks later...Same car, dropping the body off in front of the playground..same license plate...
Phillip Marlowe.."said Lockpick Johnson.
"Great!" I said..

"There is more....Yogen Slyde created a phony profile and look who answered it...''Dick Dangler" aka Phillip Marlowe...."said Peeping Tom...

"Look! That's him getting out of the car...and him kissing Yogen"said Bonnie..

"They are getting back in the car and look where they're going." said Sepia..


"That's where we were today, where the body was found..."I said..This was obviously not a criminal mastermind, I wagered!

I ran a property search on the house... It was owned by a P.A. Richmond...A quick check showed that he was an Interior decorator, who sub-leased his house to a Richard Dangler for two weeks. Richard Dangler..Dick Dangler... I made a call and found out that Richard Dangler was a student and he paid Richmond in cash....Richmond had no idea a murder had occurred in his house..

Bonnie showed me her computer..

"Kevin...That phony profile I built up got a hit....and look who it's from...Dick Dangler..." she said..

"That's him...That's our guy..." I said...

''He wants to meet tomorrow night at this old bust out Motel...Room 99" said Bonnie..

"What are you going to do?" asked Sepia..

"I'm going to find out who he is and then think of a way to capture him...." I said..


(CONCLUSION NEXT)







12 comments:

Anonymous said...

All these "bedroom kisses" made me want to throw my panties..

Brenda said...

It is too early this morning for your foolishness Anonymous!-LMAO!

Vanessa said...

I'm so used to Friday being the day these stories are finished up...I forgot that this story began on Tuesday...Can't wait until tomorrow.

Lisa said...

I was going to write the exact same thing Nessa!

Halo said...

If Kevin and Bonnie crack this case...Lt. Tragg will arrest them...They're sort of in a no win scenario.

Lisa said...

And this is why Sissy and her detectives close cases and Tragg fouls them up...He wants all of the credit.....Sissy and her guys work with the FBI, DEA, other police divisions (Vice, Narcotics, Auto Theft. Robbery-Homicide and Missing Persons) and Kevin Morris,P.I. Tragg won't and can't allow anybody else to get shine he believes is his.

Toni said...

I'd say that is a very accurate assesssment Lisa.

Angie B. said...

Come on..You know Tragg is going to find someway to foul this up...Kevin has friends on the force...They won't let Tragg arrest him or Bonnie.

Sunflower said...

Can't wait until tomorrow for the wrap up!

Cheryl said...

I'm waiting to see how Tragg fouls this up...I know it's going to be funny!

Rita said...

LOL@ Cheryl -You know it is...Losing his pants at least twice, Crashing two police cruisers....Arresting the wrong man....And this guy still has a job???

Yvonne Anderson said...

I thought it was so sweet that Kevin acknowledged the contributions Bonnie Shay and his wife Sepia have made and invited them into his "boys" club!