Friday, December 15, 2017

Poor Is The Rabbit

The Assistant District Attorney rested his case that Monday Morning...He put on a brilliant performance floating close to asking for Jury Nullification...
Like I said, ADA Cal McCaffrey was no slouch, a very talented Attorney , who knew how to play to the Jury...

After trial on Monday...Olivia ,Beverly and I approached him...

"That was a very masterful performance ADA...but that's all it was...a performance... If I was you, I'd move to dismiss all charges.." said Olivia...

''Now why would I do that? I've got the jury eating out of my hands.."said ADA McCaffrey..

Beverly pulled out some documents and photos...

"Well for one...Your Arresting Officer, who made the case...
Lieutenant Tragg has been having a sexual relationship with your chief witness..." she said
and showed photos of the two entering and leaving Motels and Hotel Rooms and eating at local bistros and watering holes...
  "Oh for the love of pete!" said ADA McCaffrey.

This caught ADA McCaffrey by surprise....He hadn't known that....And he was visibly perturbed...
"She's an attractive woman..I can see how that would sway him." I added...
He looked perturbed...

"Well...Well...It's not against the law...Plenty of cops have uh, uh ruh had relationships with witnesses." he said.

I frowned..

"Usually after the case is over...."I said...
He knew I was right....but he was still defiant....


Olivia showed him documents....

"They're from the Judge's two divorce cases....His wife was planning to leave him for my client...She didn't...but judging by how this Judge has been openly slanted towards you....You can see how he is definitely biased against my client.."said Olivia..

ADA McCaffrey looked sick...

"Do you want to ask him to recuse himself?" he asked..

''Do you at this late date?"asked Olivia... "He's heard your entire case....I was going to, but I'm not...If I lose this case..I plan to appeal and I'm going to use all of this for an appeal.."said Olivia...

"You...You....You..YOU ARE A SHARK!" he bellowed..

"No More than you!.....Go Big or Go Home!  My Daddy taught me that!" said Beverly...

"I'm not dropping anything...Give me your best shot...." said McCaffrey defiantly....
"You heard him ladies...Let's go.." I said and we walked away...

 Olivia high fived her niece...

"Just what I wanted him to say." she said..
"Let's take it to him Auntay.." said Beverly..


"Let's Do it!" I said.
ADA  McCaffrey called his assistant..


"Jerry, Get Captain Cantrell on the phone.... I'll be damned...That Damn Lt. Tragg....Ughhhhh!" he sighed..

"I'll call him right now your honor..."said Jerry..






II-
The Next Day....Olivia and Beverly began their defense of  Ricky Beavers..
accused of car jacking and sexually assaulting Sherri Perri..
She sat next t Lt. Tragg, the investigating detective who had made the arrest based on her eyewitness account and a drawing by a police artist...

Josie sat on one side of Ricky Beavers
And Nelson sat on the other side of him..
They both compared notes and passed different things to Olivia and Beverly...

Olivia called both Forensic Investigator , Dr. Hazel Baylor...
And Independent DNA Doctor Goggins
to testify....

Both talked about the blood at the crime scene and how the DNA of Ricky Beavers was not a match...
Beverly asked them both about a palm print originally found on her car that did not match Sherri Perri or Ricky Beavers...

They Both testified that the palm print belonged to Henry Springwater, who had a record of car jackings and assaults...

Upon seeing the photo and the artist's rendition...
Sherri Perri's mouth opened wide....She realized she had made a mistake...
Judge Reynolds sat and watched attentively....For some reason he wasn't objecting any motion the girls made today...

I wondered if the reason was ....His wife was sitting in the spectator section, watching the entire proceeding?

He smiled at her...She smiled at him....

III-


Just the day before..Mrs Patricia Reynolds

arrived after court and took her husband to Lunch and then to a hotel room Where they were enjoying an afternoon ,making sweet love...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Percy...Oh My god..."swooned Patricia..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Patty Cakes, you are driving me crazy...this is sooooooooooooo damn good.." he moaned..

"Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Percy..Give it to me..Give it to me daddy..Give it to meeeee...Wooooooooooooooou... " she cooed...

''Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww lawd girl.." howled Judge Reynolds..

"You are showing off in this bed...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu you are showing the hell off....GIVE IT TO ME, GIVE IT TO ME!!!!! GIVE IT TO ME STRONG!!! YESSSSSS!"

The massive bed was squeaking up a storm and the headboard was slamming hard against the wall..

One of the cleaning ladies was smiling sheepishly as she passed their room..

"What's goin on?" asked the Valet..

"That's that Judge and his wife in there...I read in the papers they was splittin up two years ago,,..."she said.

"Well it doesn't sound like they splittin up now." he said.

'Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww lawd girl.." howled Judge Reynolds..

"You are showing off in this bed...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu you are showing the hell off....GIVE IT TO ME, GIVE IT TO ME!!!!! GIVE IT TO ME STRONG!!! YESSSSSS!" 


"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he hollered.. 


"WORK ME DADDY!  WORK ME LIKE A DAMN JOB!..WORK ME!!!!  " she screamed..

The bed was slamming hard against the wall and several people were coming out of their rooms and smiling sheepishly...

"Oh Hell No" said cleaning woman... "I came up here when my shift started and the bed was squeakin like it is now and they was both hollerin..."he said.

"Dayummmmmmmmmmmmm!" said the valet...

"Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Percy..Give it to me..Give it to me daddy..Give it to meeeee...TALK TO ME DADDY! YESSSSSSSSSSSS!"screamed Patricia...

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW PATTY!!...AWWWWWWWWWW LAWD!" he moaned... 

"Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Percy..Give it to me..Give it to me daddy..Give it to meeeee...TALK TO ME DADDY! YESSSSSSSSSSSS! CALL MY NAME!!! CALL MY DAMN NAME!!!! OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"screamed Patricia...

EIGHT TO NINE HOURS PASSED BY and they didn't sound as if they were even close to stopping.
Mrs. Reynolds left the room alone.. some time later....


Judge Reynolds left an hour later with a very satisfied look on his face... During the trial this morning, it didn't even appear he was paying attention...His eyes was on his wife..
She made goo goo eyes at him and he smiled sheepishly.






IV-


 The second day of The defense began much like the first one...


Nelson called  Detective  James "Jimmy" Barlow to the stand...


Jimmy was a Detective in the Elite Criminal Investigation Division, who investigates major crimes..


Lieutenant Tragg was curious as to why he was called..


Jimmy explained that the CID had been working with Auto Theft and The FBI on a car theft ring that was stealing cars and shipping them out of state for sale...

When Forensic Investigator Dr. Hazel Baylor
told him of the DNA, Palm Print match of this particular crime...Than ran it and got a hit...one Henry Springwater, a key member of the ring...

C.I. D, FBI and Auto Theft cops arrested Mr. Springwater...He confessed to stealing Ms. Perri's car on the day in question....

Jimmy had with him Springwater's confession...He added that Springwater turned in evidence on 20 people in the car theft ring....
ADA McCaffrey  was livid...He stomped his feet and cross examined Jimmy and Hazel, but their testimony was rock solid...

I sat back and laughed...

Lieutenant Tragg eased down in his seat....He had arrested the wrong man once again....

Olivia and Beverly made their sumnation and rested their case....

ADA McCaffrey tried hard to make his sumnation...but he really had nothing to fight with and he knew it!...

He slumped down in his chair...He glared at Lt. Tragg with an icy anger...

V-

 "Girls, I think you guys  hit this one out of the ball park..."I said...

"I sure hope so." said Olivia..

''Auntay...If they convict him this jury is purely a bunch of idiots and I don't think they are...They look reasonably intelligent to me."said Beverly...
Josie walked up to us...

"The Jury is back guys." she said..

We headed back to court..

The Jury foreman passed the verdict to the Bailiff , who passed it to the judge...

He read it and frowned and glared at Ricky Beavers..

Who shrugged..

"WE THE JURY FINDS THE DEFENDENT , RICHARD BEAVERS....NOT GUILTY ON ALL COUNTS!!!" they read!

Ricky Beavers jumped up...

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! I'VE GOT THE SEXIEST AND MOST BRILLIANT ATTORNEYS IN THE WORLD" he said..

He hugged Olivia, Beverly and Josie..

 ''Wow!  I've never been called all of that in one setting.."said a jubilant Olivia...
 "Me neither Auntay!" laughed Beverly...
''Okay...Take your hands off my buns.."laughed Josie..
 Nelson stood with his arms folded ...
I put my arm around him...

"It's all good in the hood now Nelson...you got your girl all to yourself.." I said..

Ricky Beavers shook my hand and nodded to Nelson..

"Thank you guys too!, Whew, that's a weight off my shoulders...Lawd!" he said...glad he didn't have to go to jail...

He looked over to the side...


Patricia and Percy Reynolds were kissing so passionately... that I got aroused just looking at them..
"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." he moaned in his deep baritone...

"I think we need to go back in your chambers a few minutes Percy and then after that....That room at the hotel is still booked under my name until Tuesday..."said Patricia..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..." he swooned as they walked back to the judges chambers and closed the door and locked it behind them...
Ricky Beavers was not too happy seeing that...  Maybe Ricky was wrong...Maybe Patricia loved her husband after all....

He shrugged...

"Oh Well, you can't win them all.." he said and walked off.....

We heard a loud slap from a distance..

"Take your hands from under my dress...What is wrong with you? We are in public!!!" said a stern
Sherri Perri...

''Come on Baby....you're just upset about this case...At least we caught the real perp!"said Lt. Tragg...rubbing his face...
"WE? You didn't catch anybody....Those other units caught the real guy..."she said...

''Well forget about it...Look I know a Steak with my name on it...Let's get a couple of drinks and some food baby?" he said..

''Let's not!  I'm going home...ALONE!  I've got a headache!" she said and walked away...

"Baby!!!!" said Lt. Tragg as he ran after her...

"That Poor Guy...He just can't catch a break." I said..

Olivia put her arms around me..

"He does seem to have incredibly bad luck now of days ." she said and busted out laughing..

"Ohhhhhhhh Nelson, you have me all to yourself.." said Beverly...
 "Oh My God!!! Oh My God!!!" Nelson kept saying in between soft, sensual kisses..


Beverly and Nelson were in a corner kissing passionately...

Josie stared at them....She turned to me and Olivia..

"It's a shame the Judges  Chambers are occupied." she said..

''Yes...Those two do need a room!" said Olivia, staring at them...
 "Ahh leave em alone..They earned it.." I said.

Olivia and I cracked up laughing!


EPILOUGE-

We celebrated our victory at Josie's Bar and Grill that night..

It was Wings Night and we chowed down on Hot Wings and Beers...

It was packed and loud as ever....

We had a booth in the back...


Olivia and I were joined by

Beverly and Nelson and Liv and Bev's cousin Kayla Bennett, who was also an Attorney
And our friend, Zoey Easter..

We were celebrating Zoey's Engagement to Lem...

"Wow...what a day...You won your trial and didn't have to get the judge thrown out..." said Zoey...

"I don't know, but somehow...I think his wife may have aided us in a way..."said Olivia..

"Hey, where is Josie?" asked Kayla..

''She's with her man tonight."said Beverly smiling..
"I hear she's going to take the LSAT's when they're offered in the Spring...Tell her to call me.."said Zoey...

''She should have no problems...She's worked at this law firm since it's beginning..She's a para-legal and she has all of these lawyers willing to help her...She'll pass with flying colors.."I said.
"Oh Most definitely..."said Olivia , who spied two people out of the side of her eye..."Look over there." she said..

''Well I'll be damned.." said Nelson..
Our now former client Ricky Beavers was sitting in a private booth with the woman who almost sent him to prison...Sherri Perri...

He had his hand up under her skirt...

"Ouuuu Ricky....I'm ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu so sorry I falsely accused you of , ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh of carjacking and sexually assaulting me.." she moaned..

"It's okay baby....No harm ,no foul....I had some good lawyers....I was checking you out the entire trial....You're my kind of dame baby..." he said..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmm...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..Let me pay this bill and ouuuuuuuuu let's get out of here..." she moaned..

"I don't live too far from here....Come over to my place...and uh we'll return in the morning for your car...." he said...

She tossed a couple of dollars on the table...

"Come on, let's get out of here...Ummmmmmmmmmmmm..." she moaned..


 ''Will Wonders never cease?" I asked aloud!
 ''Poor is the rabbit that has just one hole.."laughed Olivia..."Your daddy used to say that to me..He called himself teaching me about boys..."laughed Olivia.
 "He said the same thing to me too, when I was a teenager..."laughed Beverly....
Nelson was speechless, he just smiled..

''Rickey's no rabbit...He's a dog." said Zoey..
"Okayyyyyyy.Cousin Jimmy told me the same thing when I was a teenager...He always looked out for us." said Kayla..
"He did." said Olivia, remembering...  ''Despite all the dirt he did with women out in the street, he loved his little sister and his daughter and his little cousin..." she said and smiled..
"He was preparing us for the day when we'd have Good Strong men to take care of us...Like we have now.."said Beverly, hugging Nelson and looking at me...
 Nelson smiled and rubbed Beverly's hands..
I smiled serenely myself..


Gus the bartender heard our conversation and he nodded in agreement!

One never knew what secrets and stories the night held.





16 comments:

Toni said...

Great Story All Around...I thought Nelson and Bev were going to get engaged at the end of this one.

Keith said...

Tommorrow at long last, Beverly and Nelson get engaged...

Angie B. said...

Ouuuu For real? Can't Wait!

Sunflower said...

Now that's worth getting up early Saturday Morning for..

Lisa said...

I was going to ask you when Nelson and Beverly were going to get engaged...but you just answered that question for me...

Halo said...

It's time...They been going together for a minute now...

Vanessa said...

I was wondering when or if Nelson was going to pop the question...He's been spending the night with her a lot and practically living with Bev anyway...He might as well marry her!

Cheryl said...

Nice story line...Can't wait until tomorrow...Bev and Nelson hook up!

Rita said...

I'm looking forward to a real sweet storyline..

Brenda said...

Loved this story and look forward to Nelson and Beverly getting engaged...(I swear I feel like I know these people)

Yvonne Anderson said...

Great writing all around...Can't wait until tomorrow!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Somehow think the wife...aided team Olivia...by purposely sexing up her husband to get him to go easy on the girls...Thus getting her boyfriend off! She definitely knew he was innocent, but couldn't risk saying exactly HOW she knew!

James Perkins said...

I agree with your assessment Grover! I think the wife helped out too!

Tate 2 said...

Yeah the wife helped out....Both to protect her identity and get boyfriend off..But he's off that! He's with Becky with the good hair!

Cheryl said...

LMAO! Becky with the good hair!LMAO!

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES!