Tuesday, March 20, 2018

All About Cora

Saturday Morning, we were headed for Dolly Madison Correctional Center for Women....A minimum security prison for honor inmates and low security threats....
I was surprised that a convicted murderer like Virginia Shaw was housed here....but I suppose she was a low security risk....Being a somewhat Jailhouse lawyer was a nice way of her keeping herself busy...She was serving life....She had been disbarred...She'd probably never practice law again even if she somehow did get paroled one day...
We left early.....

Olivia sat in the front with me...


Beverly, Nelson and Josie sat in the back......
Beverly had her head ,resting on Nelson's chest.....
Nelson had his arms around her hips....He was softly rubbing them...She didn't mind at all...

For once....She was in the car with the man who she wanted to have his arms around her....Her new husband....Not Larry North...
The night before we both had nice send offs....


Olivia and I....
We began kissing passionately like kissing was going out of style...And I began undressing fast....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh girl.." I moaned..


"Take it easy Donnie Ray...I'm not going anywhere..." she moaned...

It wasn't long before I was snapping her bra open and easing her panties down and we were standing in the middle of the floor kissing passionately..

I quietly mounted her and entered her quietly...Our new bed ,to our surprise did not squeak at all!


 ..."Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..."
"Ohhh baby, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph..."she moaned...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Olivia...Olivia ...ouuuuuuuuuu, more, more... ohhhhhh..."I moaned.

"Ummmm Donnie Ray...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...ouuuuu...you can have as much as you want baby! .."she said..

"LAWDDD girl, what are you doing to meeeee?"

"Driving you out of your mind....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.. lawwwwddd!!!"

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gooooddddddd lawdd it's soooo goood...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh  my god! Keep doin whatever you are doing...ummmmmmm"I moaned....

She laughed...
Morrre...Morreee....morrre...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. Donnie Ray..ouuuuuu..Donnie Ray....OHHHHHHH."
she wailed...

"Ohhhh Olivia, Olivia,ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..I'm losin my minddddddddd!! "I moaned..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...I love you soooooooooooooo much...ouuuuuuuuuuuu..Donnie Ray!"she said softly....

"I love you too babyyyyy...ohhhhh my godddddddddddd!" I hollered out! 

"I'm going to have to close that window.." laughed Olivia...

Six to Seven and a half hours of good sweet lovemaking followed...

 And downstairs ,


Beverly and Nelson were still enjoying their honeymoon as newlyweds often do....
 "Ouuuuuuuuuuuu..Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." she moaned as he took his suit jacket off and tossed it across the room and his shirt and tie, and trousers and undershirt.....and continued to kiss Beverly deeply...

''Ohhhhhhhhhhhh girl, do you know how much I love you?" he said...
Beverly slipped out of her night shirt and slowly slipped her panties off and she and Nelson fell on her bed...


"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh yessssssssssssssss..yesss..I have an idea." she moaned..

Nelson slowly entered her..
."You have no idea..You can't begin to know..." he said as he mounted her and began slowly moving in and out of her...

 "I love you too...I love you so much Nelson....Soooo much ..so badly...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned..

The bed began to squeak and the headboard gently began to slam against the wall...
"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Nelson...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."she moaned...
 FOUR TO FIVE  hours of sweet ,slow lovemaking went by-

They were making love on the guest room bed....Not their quiet new one...It was squeaking up a storm...the headboard was rattling...

Nelson kissed her as if he might never stop....Beverly wrapped her legs around his waist and he began to slowly lose his mind as he went in and out of her warm and moist center...

Tears flowed from her eyes..

''Why are you crying?" he asked..

"I'm just so happy....that's all.."said Beverly......who kissed Nelson so softly he began to cum like a river...
 "Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..Oh my godddddddddd!"Nelson moaned....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."cooed Beverly as the bed began to squeak loudly...Tears and sweat was rolling down the side of her face and her body was trembling.....  
We had all had a nice send off last night......


Olivia, Beverly and Josie were fast asleep....So was Nelson...As I drove to the prison....
II-
Cops and lawyers...We visit a lot of prisons....This was no different....





Olivia, Beverly and I and Nelson and Josie entered the very clean and immaculate Dolly Madison Correctional Facility for women.....

We sat in the immaculate Visiting room....It looked more like a Day care center room than a prison....And we waited for the guard to bring Virginia Shaw out...

She smiled when she saw us...

"Olivia....Olivia...Look at you...You look fantastic....And look at you Beverly...You've come a long way....I'm proud of you..." she said..


I could see that this woman was also a con man...Maybe that's what made her a good attorney...

I didn't crack a smile....
She looked me up and down...

''And you're Olivia's husband....Former Homicide Detective..Now in house investigator....Liv, if you're going to get an investigator..Ex Murder police are the best....You did well girlfriend...And he's sexy tooo!" she said.. She looked at Nelson...
''And who might you be?" she asked.

"I'm Attorney, Nelson East....I'm Beverly's husband..."he said softly....
''You got married Bev? Awwwwwwwwwwww good for you!" she said..


"We've been married about a month now!" said Beverly....
''Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww ,that's so nice!!" said Virginia..

Olivia pointed to Josie...

"Josie here is our Paralegal..."she said..

Virginia looked at us and shook her head in approval...

"Two Attorneys, a Paralegal and an Investigator....You put together a nice team Olivia and that's just what we will need..." she said..

''What we'll need Virginia? What we'll need? Two of the people you attempted to kill are good friends of mine...and the ADA who put you here is one of my best friends..." said Olivia..

"Your husband did his homework eh?  I figured he would....You never did like surprises....Look Livy....I didn't kill them....and this isn't about me...I'm trying to help somebody else..." she said...

Since former Attorney Virginia Shaw had been incarcerated...She had helped close to 25 young women write writs and briefs and get their time reduced , get new trials and actually get released....She was quite the jailhouse lawyer....I had heard of plenty of them, Inmates who taught themselves the law while locked up ...very rarely had I heard of an inmate who actually used to be an attorney...

"I know about the good work you've done..."said Olivia...

"You've helped several girls get out of here..."said Beverly....
''Yes....I've done wrong....This is my way of doing something good, Of making myself feel better...All I've got is the law....I'll probably never be able to practice law again...Even if I do by some miracle get paroled...but I can use my knowledge to help these girls in here...Many who never had decent legal representation.." she said.
"These are the type of clients you wouldn't have gone near in your corporate hey day..." I remarked....


"You're right....They wouldn't have been able to afford me...but now....This has been a humbling experience...I feel that uh, helping others is my way for some redemption....I've ruined my life , getting involved with the wrong man.....Maybe I can help these girls reclaim their lives..." she said...
"Tell us about your uh client..." said Beverly....
"Yes...Who is she? What is her story?" said Olivia....
"Her name is Cora....Cora Bey..... You won't meet her today....but the next time you come up here...instead of me...You'll see her...but here is her case...

"She's 29 years old...When she was 14 years old, High  school student from Philadelphia PA., she met a man -- he called himself GG -- who was almost three times her age. He was 44 , Double G took her under his wing; he would buy her gifts, take her and her friends rollerskating. "He was like a father figure," 


Despite suffering severe bouts of depression as a child, until then, Cora Bey was a good student, an "overachiever" in her words. But her mother was abusive and addicted to drugs; as for her father, she had only met him a couple of times. So, more and more, Double G. filled in.

"GG was there -- sometimes," she said. "He would talk to me and take me out and give me all these lavish gifts and do all these things for me …" Before long, he started talking to her about sex, giving her his expert advice on what men were really like and telling her that she didn't "need to give it up for free."
Unbeknownst to her, Double G. was grooming Cora Bey to be a prostitute. When she was 17, he raped her. "He uses his manhood to hurt," Cora recalled, "Like, break you in. I guess."

Cora Bey worked for Double G. as a prostitute for three years. The hours were 6 p.m. until 5:30 or 6 in the morning. She and "the other girls" would come back and hand over their earnings to him. "He was, like, married to all of us I guess," she says. " … Everything was his."

After years of prostitution and sexual abuse, when she was 17, Cora Bey snapped: She killed Double G, was arrested and convicted of first-degree murder. Despite attempts by her public defender to have her sentenced as a juvenile, the judge described her crime as "well thought-out" and sentenced her to life without parole.

"My judge told me that I lacked moral scruples," she recalls, a term she did not know the meaning of.
But the meaning of her sentence was all too clear. Life without parole, she says, "means I'm gonna die here."she said...


 "Wow!" was all Beverly would say....
 ''She's actually guilty...Not too much I can do about that, but she definitely shouldn't have been sentenced as an adult...and psychological evaluation of her state of mind should have been taken..." said Olivia..
"Oh My God!" said Josie...
"I need to see crime scene photos and talk to the arresting detective...."I said...
"I'd like to be in on this too.." said Nelson....
"See Liv....She doesn't belong here..not for the rest of her life..She's earned a Bachelor's degree since her incarceration...She's taught other inmates how to read....She's helped me with my research in the prison law library...she's a good girl.." said Virginia...
"I can't guaruntee you anything Virginia, but I will look into her case and I hope to be back up here a week from today..."said Olivia...

"Thank you Liv....Just look at it..." said Virginia..

III-
We took one last look at the prison as we drove off...

I was hungry as I suppose all of our passengers were...

''This is the type of case where we have to attack the basic law that put her here...It won't be an easy battle...And worse still, we aren't getting paid for this.." said Olivia..
"I know Auntay, but this is why we both got into law in the first place...to right wrongs to stick up for those who had no voice.." said Beverly...
''As a cop I've seen several cases like this where an older man has taken advantage of a young girl and put her on the street.." I said...
Olivia sighed...

"You want in on this Nelson?" she asked..
"Yes..This has the possibility of being a landmark case...and it would be a great learning opportunity for Josie.." he added....
 "Your husband is quite a litigator.." said Olivia,smiling broadly!
Olivia and Beverly cracked up...

''I know right?" laughed Beverly...

Josie did too..

"Bev get your husband.." she said laughing...

"But he's right...This will be a learning experience for Josie...Bev and I have been through this before....It won't be easy....So We've got another two days off...Then everybody come to work, willing to work.." said Olivia...

IV-
We found a roadside diner and had a nice meal before we pulled off and headed home....

I was quiet the entire ride back to Philly....

''Something on your mind?" asked Olivia..
''We are assuming she's guilty of murder right?  You're not trying to get her out...You're trying to get her a lighter sentence correct?" I asked.
"I'm trying to give her hope...Hope at one day being free...She's still a young woman...She's already spent 10 years behind bars...I need you to find Double G's former girls , any associates of his worth talking to and see if there are social workers reports...That's for starters.." said Olivia..
"I'm on it.." I said...

''Auntay, you and I and Nelson will be looking at trial transcripts right?" asked Beverly...
"You and Josie will be doing that...Nelson and I are going to research the present law and look up all precedents..." said Olivia...
I smiled thinking about it...

We were doing so much for so little...But it seemed worth it though!

(TO BE CONTINUED)



10 comments:

Sunflower said...

I love the love these two couples exhibit to each other!

Halo said...

I do too! Love their living arrangement too!

Lisa said...

Keith appears to have a thing for Duplexes...Nate and Monica live on the top floor of theirs...Monica's sister Monique and her husband, THEIR boss, Lt. Cotton lives on the first floor of theirs.

Olivia and Donnie Ray are on the top floor of theirs and her niece, Beverly and her Husband,live on the floor below..Co-incidence???

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES!

Cheryl said...

@Anonymous is sooo extra! LOL!

Toni said...

Once again they have a pulled from the headlines case...The addition of Virginia Shaw, Attorney at Law is a nice touch

Angie B. said...

Yes she is...I hope to see more of Jailhouse Attorney, Virginia Shaw.

Vanessa said...

Like Sunflower stated..I love the love these two couples exhibit to each other!

Rita said...

Keith loves the idea of family....Don't forget Sissy and her detectives and how close they are when they live in their safehouse....

Olivia, D.R. , Bev and Nelson

Nate and Monica, Monique and Lt. Cotton

All Family's ,living closely and working together!

Brenda said...

This is turning out to be a good story...Nice to see the girls working together again..