Thursday, March 8, 2018

An Interesting Visitor

The Next Morning...I met Sissy Van Buren on the roof of police headquarters like I'd done so many times in the past...
I brought her a tumbler of Hot coffee just like she liked it with three Hazelnut Creams and four sugars...

''Wow Kevin, so what is going on?"asked Sissy...


''A few days ago...I was hired by Henry S.Lott Jr.. The son of the wealthy developer to find a Blue Moon diamond...This diamond has been appraised at over six million dollars... He took it from his father for reasons unknown...but that I intend to find out... Somebody stole it from him and I was hired to find it and return it.." I said...

"He stays in an elaborate condo,I know where it is...He has a very high tech security system..Somebody beat that system?? They must have been really good.."said Sissy...

"That somebody would be one of your dead victims...Christopher Robinson...He's the Micheal Jordan of Boxmen....The best I've ever seen....The minute Junior told me he'd been compromised and showed me his system...I knew who the thief was...and I got proof and I found him...."I said..

"That means you're good too.."said Sissy with a sexy smile..

"He disabled the cameras in the condo and he used a magnetic device to knock out his complex security system and he used Mercury to keep the electric current running so that it wouldn't cut off and start a second alarm when he blew the safe...but he made one mistake..Those places usually have a back up camera system...I caught him on that and I caught him on the street cam and the traffic cam...He had a rental car...I ran the plates ,found the dealer and got his address.."I said..

"Kevin,I am impressed....That was damn good detective work! so you found him..."said Sissy..

"I've come across him before....We kind of had a mutual respect for each other...He admitted stealing the rock...He was into some Gambler for a bundle...A friend, a local shot caller knew that Junior had stolen that rock and kept it locked up in his condo's safe...He hired Robinson to steal it...They took it to all of these local Fences...but none of them wanted to touch it...The rock was too hot..and they feared No Fun...Considering the job he did on Robinson and Rhome...I see why..."I said..

"But Tony Rhome has a lot of money and he's connected...So he took the rock.."said Sissy...

''Exactly...paid him Two million, even though that rock is worth many times that much....but he didn't care...He paid off his gambling debt...and there was still enough money to give the shot caller his end and for him to make a sizable profit....."I said..

"I take it Bonnie is investigating it because
her Insurance Company had that rock insured...right?" said Sissy..
"Right...We didn't know it but this NO FUN guy was following both of us...He followed me to Christopher Robinson's apartment and he followed Bonnie to Tony Rhome's Jewelry Store...He kidnapped Bonnie and came to my house and attacked me...That didn't turn out too well for him...I shot him in his behind and I gave him a pretty good beating...I also shot your john doe...He was with him...but I didn't kill him..."I said.

''We know..His neck was broken....
"Hazel pulled a fingerprint off of the necks of Robinson , Rhome and the John doe, who we now know is Vincent Springer..a three time convicted felon....
Sharon and her FBI playthings, even caught him leaving Rhome's Condo, probably after the murder and returning with Robinson's body..
,all on Street and Traffic cam footage..We did a facial recognition and got a name...He is Norman Funderburg...NO FUN....Ex Boxer, ex Bouncer, Ex Con....did a dime for manslaughter and a nickel for armed robbery...Now wanted for three homicides...first degree...I've got a Bolo out on him.."said Sissy...


Sirena , Hop and some uniforms raided his place, but there was no sign of him at all..He's long gone from there..



Carlotta, Tyriq and Jimmy found his car..
The windsheild and the back window was shot out and the rear view mirror on the passenger side was blown off...

The car was full of blood and prints, his..Vinnie Springers, Tony Rhome's, Christopher Robinson..We got him cold...When we find him ,he's going down hard this time...He could get the death penalty.."said Sissy...
"He's wounded and he's pretty beat up...My theory is that he's gone to ground until he recovers.."I said..

''Well at least we have a suspect..." said Sissy...


''Duke and Angie found the quack doctor who treated his wounds. He's in custody, He says he doesn't know where No Fun is..We think he's terrified of telling.  They found two pairs of Brass Knuckles..with No Fun and Vinnie Springer's fingerprints and DNA....That's what they used to beat Robinson and Rhome to death...."said Sissy...
''You guys do good work.." I said..
"So where are you on the rock???...Still haven't found it?" asked Sissy..

''We are dead Sis....Rhome was the only link....and now he's dead..Killing Robinson was useless and stupid..Yes he stole the rock, but he had already fenced it out and got his money...He no longer knew where it was... And Rhome, the fence...Now he could have told him where it was...He was the one link to this whole puzzle and now all of our leads are dry...The rock is not in his condo or his jewelry store.."I said.

"Maybe he's moved it already.."said Sissy..

"I've been watching and listening to him...He hadn't moved it yet...but I do know he was talking to some buyers from out of town...Buyers with deep pockets , but they hadn't come here yet and now with him dead..They won't come..No he's stashed that rock somewhere here in this city..."But we'll never know now.."I said..
"Well at least we have a suspect in our triple...I've got cops in the Bus stations, Train Stations and the Airports with his photo...and the State Police are patrolling the highways for him...FBI is helping out too..He'll show up.." said Sissy..

"Good for you...I'll keep you posted .."I said..
"Thanks Friend"said Sissy, who hugged me tightly..

II-
And At Cyclops Insurance... Bonnie Shay got an interesting visitor...
An attractive young lady....

"Are you Bonnie Shay?" she asked..

"I am and you are...?" asked Bonnie..

"I'm Virginia Shaw, Attorney at Law...I represent Mr. Henry Lott Sr..  I understand you're the investigator looking for the stolen Blue Moon Diamond.." She said..

"I am indeed.." said Bonnie...

"I understand you are also an Attorney...Was A Public defender and an Assistant District Attorney in New York City.." she said.

"That is correct...I still practice law occassionally...I represent clients of this company and this company in court...but the lionshare of my work is investigative work.."said Bonnie..

"Impressive...Have you found the Blue Moon Diamond yet? I understand you and another Private Investigator, Kevin Morris have been turning the city upside down looking for it.."she said.

''We haven't found it...The one lead we had was unfortunately wiped out.." said Bonnie..

"Oh?" she asked.
"We located the actual thief...He told us he had sold the rock to a fence...a guy named Tony Rhome...unfortunately....Both the thief and Mr. Rhome were brutally murdered yesterday..by person or persons unknown and our trail has run dry...but Mr. Morris and I are still looking...My company insured that rock for millions...We'd hate to take a loss."said Bonnie..

''What is Mr. Morris's interest? Oh that's right...He was hired by the son of Mr. Lott... Even if he does find it..That rock is Mr. Lott's property...He can't return it to him.."said Virginia Shaw...
"You'll have to talk to Mr. Morris about that.."said Bonnie..

"Hmmmm....I think I will..Good Day Mrs. Shay.." said Virginia Shaw..

III-
I told Sepia about the little rowdy down I had with NO FUN yesterday and how I had to replace the table and the clock..

She smiled..

"Wow...I didn't even notice the difference...and Walter was the one who told you to replace these things?" she asked ,laughing at the thought of Kool Kat saying that..

"Chelsea has really domesticated him and they haven't been married that long.." she said, still laughing at the thought...

"Yeah, I was stunned myself.."I said laughing...

Just then the doorbell rang...Last time I answered the doorbell, I got punched in the face by No Fun...I doubted that he was back...Still I answered the door with caution...

"Hello Mr. Morris..I'm Virginia Shaw, Attorney At Law...I represent Mr. Henry S. Lott Sr." she said..

"I expected to either meet the old man or one of his represenatives..." I said..

"I won't take up too much of your time...Is that your wife? Hello Mrs. Morris...You have a beautiful home...and is that your little girl...Awwwwww she's the cutest thing!"gushed Virginia..

"Thank you.."said Sepia...

"Mr. Morris..I won't waste your time...I understand you have been hired by Henry Jr. to find the Blue Moon Diamond...A Diamond he took from his father..is that right?" she asked.

"Yes and I have no idea where it is...I was hot on it's trail until yesterday...Some buffoon with more muscle than brains killed the only lead we had...Tony Rhone, the fence...and now the trail has gone cold.."I said.

"Yes...That's the story I hear...You do understand that that property is stolen...It's legal owner is Henry S.Lott Sr and even if you do find it...You can not return it to him...Or we will be forced to sue you.." she said..

"This Rock is causing me more trouble than it's worth...I tempted to give him his money back and call it a day...BUT I'M NOT!  If I find it...I'll return it to MY CLIENT..My legal client who has paid me and he and his father can fight it out...Good day Ms. Shaw!" I said firmly..

"So what are you saying..?" she asked.


"I'm not saying anything more...That's usually how you know a conversation has ended..."I said and opened the door..

''Oh! "she said....

I slammed the door in her face...

"You are soooooo bad!" said Sepia ,laughing...

''Bad is sexyyyyyyyyyyyy!" I said.
"Not in front of the baby.." said Sepia, laughing...

IV-
In an old abandoned warehouse...The man known as No Fun was lying on a bed.... he couldn't sit down..He still had a huge bandage on his behind from where he'd gotten shot the day before and his face was still badly swollen..

He heard someone come in.. He went for his gun...Then he put it down....

"Ohhh, it's you!" he said...

"You know..one of them said that you had more muscle than brains...They were right...You kill the thief...For what? he had already discarded the rock he didn't have it...Then you kill the Fence, the only lead anybody had to finding the rock...and you needlessly kill Vinnie.." said Virginia..

"He was badly wounded...I couldn't take him to a hospital or leave him, I had to do it.."said No Fun...

"The cops know it was you...Your picture is all over the airwaves..."said Virginia..

''What? How do they know?" he asked..

"Because you're stupid just plain stupid...Morris and Shay were following the fence...the fence would have led them and us to the rock...You kill the only lead we had...You fool and now you're a wanted man..." said Virginia..

"Hey look..I would never give you up to the cops...I love you.." said No Fun...

"I can't take that chance and I can't be linked to you ,you stupid, stupid man.." she snarled..

"What are you sayin? Why are you talkin to me like that?" he asked..

His back was to her...He never saw the gun....Three bullets hit No Fun in the back of his head...blowing his brains outs...
"I'll just have to bide my time.."said Virginia , who put her pistol with the silencer back in her purse...and walked outside...
It was still daylight...

"I need a damn drink..." she said..

(CONCLUSION NEXT)






10 comments:

Toni said...

This little lady has some stuff with her!

Angie B. said...

Don't she now?"

Sunflower said...

I had a feeling she was behind this from the beginning!

Lisa said...

She didn't tell No Fun to murder those people...He acted on his own..

Halo said...

That's probably true, but she's murdered him now! Her hands aren't clean!

Vanessa said...

With her goons gone...She's going to follow Kevin and Bonnie Shay now...She aint enough to take them both on and with Kool Kat too!

Brenda said...

Vanessa,I concur...but she may be smarter than you know!

Rita said...

Anybody that ca stay behind the scenes as long as she has ,has got to be smarter...

Cheryl said...

I'm wondering what her end game is?

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Whatever it is...it's murder,no pun intended!