Friday, March 9, 2018

The Key To All This...

Sepia and Kimberly ate breakfast in our kitchen.....They both looked at me as I went over files...

"You're really into those files this morning...."said Sepia..

"I did a little research on our visitor the other day.."I said.

"You mean Virginia Shaw...
Attorney at Law.?" said Sepia..

"Yeah...She was born in Chicago,  attended Chicago Public Schools, Got a B.A. in Administration of Justice at Northwestern University....Got her J.D. or Law degree there too...Passed the bar and worked as a Public defender and eventually an ADA....From there she worked for a very credible law firm.....and began representing Mr. Henry S. Lott Sr..." I said.

''She eventually left her prestigious law firm to represent Mr. Henry S. Lott Sr full time.."I added..

''Well She told you as much.."said Sepia..

"Yeah well I talked to several people who knew her...She became very close to Mr. Henry S. Lott Sr., VERY CLOSE, if you know what I mean.."I said.

"I think I should take Kimmie out of the room for this.."laughed Sepia..

''Apparently , she and Henry Sr. had been sleeping together, going back to when she worked at her prestigious law firm...News of the secret affair got out and the VERY MARRIED MR. LOTT and his wife divorced and Ms. Shaw represented him...When he moved East to New York City...She came with him.....My client was attending Columbia at the time...  Henry Sr. became enraptured with another young Black female attorney, Brenda Reid  and after a whirlwind courtship....They married.."I said.

''Really?and Virginia Shaw still represents him?? I'm surprised she has anything to do with him....I mean she'd been warming his bed all these years and when he's free...He marries someone else...I mean, I wouldn't want anything to do with him...but that's me.."said Sepia..

"Yeah...You would think..." I said..

"Ummmph Mr. Lott likes him some chocolate doesn't he?" mused Sepia..

"Can you blame him?" I said looking at her salaciously....I leaned over and kissed her...

Our daughter, Kimberly laughed...

"I love me some mommy!" I said to her...

"Kevinnnnnnnnnnn, not in front of the baby!" said Sepia, blushing heavily and smiling...
''Well it's true..."I said, laughing..
"I love me some daddy too!" she said softly and rubbed my hands...





II-
I shared the same information I had gathered on Virginia Shaw to Bonnie Shay...

"Really???and Virginia Shaw still represents him?? I'm surprised she has anything to do with him....I mean she'd been warming his bed all these years and when he's free...He marries someone else...I mean, I wouldn't want anything to do with him...but that's just me..I'm just saying..."said Bonnie..

"Sepia said the exact same thing you did, word for word...It also brings something else to mind...Think about it Bon Bon and while you're thinking...Check this out....Virginia Shaw has lived in Philadelphia in a downtown condo for about a year....She commutes to New York City to handle business for Old Man Shaw...She represented two criminals recently and got them both off of major charges...Guess who they were?? One is the very dead Vinnie Springer and the other is our lovable acquaintence...Norman Funderburg...better known as NO FUN...." I said.

Bonnie's eyes lit up...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she said... She looked so sexy when she was excited about something...
Kool Kat joined us...

"It occurred to me... Most Fences have a Safe Deposit Box somewhere....Maybe Tony Rhome had or has one....He's too smart to keep that rock in his store or his condo...It's got to be in a deposit box.."said Kool Kat...

'Yeah, but we've got to find it.." I said.

"Way ahead of you...He has a girlfriend or he had one....I paid her a visit...I know where it is.."said Kool Kat...

"Great...We gotta find Lockpick Johnson..."I said..

"Relax...No Need for him....She gave me the key!!"  he said smiling..

and producing a key!!!!!

"She just gave you the key and the location?" I said..

''She didn't need it...He left her a substantial amount of cash...and plus...I can be very persuasive when I need to be.." he said with a devilish grin...
Bonnie giggled....
Just then...My phone rang...It was Sissy...

"Kevin, you need to meet me at this address.....I think I've found your friend...NO FUN." she said...
"I'll be there...."I said.




III-
Kool Kat, Bonnie Shay and I drove to a deserted old warehouse near the edge of the city...

I saw crime scene tape...I knew that No Fun was dead!!!

CSI people  were taking photos and dusting for prints...I knew they weren't going to find anything...

 Detectives Duke Baylor
and Tyriq Pile were kneeling down looking at the body with Dr. Hazel Baylor..

"He took three shots to the back of the head...  He never saw his killer...They must have walked up on him...." said Hazel...

"He has a gun...Doesn't look like he got a chance to use it..."said Carlotta...

"From the footprints in the dirt...He knew his killer...and his killer knew he was here...Maybe they were talking and the killer went behind him and shot him ." theorized Jimmy...

"Get someone to do a plaster cast of these footprints... They're small, like a woman's......His visitor was a woman..."said Sirena...

"There's bandages and food here....His visitor brought these things...Dust em for prints...He was holing up here.." said Hop...

"From the looks of his face, he took a terrific beating before hand...He was here healing from the beating and the gunshot wound in his behind."said Sissy..
 Kool Kat smiled sardonically.....That gunshot in the butt was courtesy of him..
I smiled ,thinking about it...

ADA Nina Rios was vomiting  on the side...The death scene was upsetting her..

"Oh My God....Are you alright?" asked Bonnie..

''She'll be fine...I'm going to take her outside.."said Angie...
"Some Vagrant was going to squat in here and discovered the body....We might not have discovered him for weeks , months even..."said Sissy...
''Well, your triple murder is down!" I said.
"Yeah ,now the question is...Who killed him?"  asked Sissy....

"I think I know....Wait for my call...." I said...
We watched as the body of No Fun was wheeled out..

IV-
''So you think you know where the Diamond is?" said Henry Lott Jr.
"Yes...and I want you to be with me when I find it, so it can go directly to you and I don't have to get sued.."I said..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you got a visit from Virginia didn't you? My father's ex-concubine...I figured he'd send her sniffing around...Alright...I'll come with you....I just want it back..."said Henry...


Bonnie and Kool Kat followed us....

V-


"How did you find this place?  "asked Henry Lott Jr.

"Just a hunch....Kools....The Key!" I asked..

'The Key to All This.." said Kool Kat as he passed me the key...

I opened the Safe Deposit box and there it was....The end to our search....
The Blue Moon Diamond....!!!!!!!
Bonnie's eyes lit up....

"It's Beautiful...." she said...

"Yeah it is...I think I'm going to give it back to my Father...We've talked and I'm going up to New York with hopes that we can settle our differences.."said Henry Lott Jr...


A Gun with a Silencer was pointed at the four of us...

"I'm Afraid I can't allow you to do that....Hand over that rock!" came a familliar voice...

''Well....I'm not surprised..I expected you to show up.."I said..

"Oh Did you now?" said Virginia Shaw...
"Let me guess...The Old man threw you over ...His deep dark chocolate secret for so many years for some new chocolate...and he had the nerve to MARRY her...Something he had been promising you for years....He was planning to give her this valuable Rock...The Blue Moon Diamond...He promised this to you didn't he?   And you'd be damned if he was going to give this to someone else...I mean you put in the work right?? Only Junior here lifted it.....before you could...So you recruited two thugs..Vinnie and NO FUN to get it back....but before they could do that!!  It was stole from Junior...
Junior hires me and The Insurance company Hires Bonnie and Your two henchmen followed us...After all...Investigating is what we do....But No Fun got carried away...He killed Vinnie, Christopher Robinson, the actual thief and the Fence, Tony Rhome.....That was a little too much killing....So he had to go right?  And you put a GPS tracker in my car and just followed me..."I said..

''Very Good...That's about it..Now hand that Rock over....  The police will find the three of your bodies down here tomorrow or maybe the day after and I will be long gone...."

"You're going to kill us?" asked Bonnie..

''Yes....You're a lawyer...you know the deal...I'd lose my license and go to jail behind this..Youall know too much....Knowing my name is wayy too much..."said Virginia..

"You're a real piece of work, you know?"  said Henry Jr.

''Shut up...You spoiled pampered rich boy...You have no idea what I had to go through, How much I gave up....I think I'll shoot you first...." she said..

"DROP THAT GUN!! DO IT NOW!!!" came the Booming voice of Detective Duke Baylor...

"Thanks for the call Kev...We got everything on tape.."said Duke..

"YOU WERE WEARING A WIRE?? YOU KNEW I WAS COMING???" she bellowed....

"Hey Kev...I think she's catching on.."said Tyriq...

Carlotta took the diamond...
"Ouuu, this gorgeous...." she said..

"It is.." said Sirena...

"This will be held for evidence then returned to your father.." said Angie..

"That's fine."said Henry Lott Jr.

"Tank Time Darlin..."said Jimmy, who handcuffed her...

Hop read her her rights....

Three uniformed police officers walked her out...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...I DON'T BELIEVE THIS!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!" she screamed and stomped her foot...
Sissy passed her gun to a uniformed officer..
"Bag this and tag this...I'm certain it's a ballistics match to the murder of NO FUN..." said Sissy...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...I DON'T BELIEVE THIS!!! I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!!!!" she screamed and stomped her foot.."That was my diamond....I earned it....I earned it...I was owed this...IT WAS MINEEE, MINE, MINEEEE!!!!!   ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!" she screamed and stomped her foot.....as she was walked out...
''Well, another case closed....Thank you Kevin..." said Sissy, who kissed me on the cheek..
''Anytime Sis.." I said..
Kool Kat smiled..

"You're a lucky man Kev.."

"Aint he though? That Lieutenant is a babe!!!" said Henry Lott Jr..

Bonnie Shay smiled...

"Men!!!" she said..

I laughed...

EPILOUGE-
Attorney Virginia Shaw was disbarred and convicted of Second Degree Murder ,Attempted Murder and conspiracy to commit murder and sentenced to 25 years to  Life....
A few days later...Sepia ,Kimmie and I were met by Ronnie and Bonnie Shay at a Pancake breakfast in a tony restaurant downtown...

''Well, Alls well that ends well huh?" said Sepia as she fed Kimmie Blueberry pancakes..

"Yeah, The Blue Moon Diamond has been returned to Henry S. Lott Sr and he and Jr are in New York reconciling..."I said..

"The Insurance Company is happy...and I got a nice tidy little bonus..."said a smiling Bonnie Shay...
''Which is why she's paying for this Pancake Breakfast..."said a smiling Ronnie Shay ,who was chowing down...
"Ummmm ummmph!" he moaned as he ate...

"Ohhhh Ronnie stop....you're embarrassing me..."said Bonnie...

"That's just guys..."laughed Sepia..

Henry Lott Jr. had deposited 100K in my bank account as promised...  I gave Walter 50K....He had after all found the Key...The Key to all of this..

I smiled...

"The only thing sweeter than these pancakes is my baby's kisses..."I said and planted a big kiss on Sepia's lips..

 "Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ummmmmmmmmmmpjh!" I said..


''Kevin stopppp...Not in front of the baby!" said Sepia, blushing..


FOR SLC!








12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nicely Done!

Toni said...

I concur, Nicely Done!

Angie B. said...

Very Nicely Done!

Sunflower said...

I love the way this ended....Great story!

Lisa said...

Sepia cracks me up..."Not in front of the baby"-LOL!

Halo said...

That's how Kimmie got here...Mommy and Daddy doing it so much!

Vanessa said...

Love the way they took Ms. Virginia Shaw down....

Cheryl said...

Your blog makes my Fridays!

Rita said...

Morning Oatmeal and Escapades....A winning combo!

Brenda said...

Good Story all around!

Keith said...

Thanks for the love everybody!

Anonymous said...

"I love me some mommy!" I said to her... "I love me some daddy too." said Sepia..

I threw my bra and panties up to the ceiling!