Friday, June 15, 2018

A Monster Among Us

Lt. Tragg was baffled...

"I don't believe this.." he said..


DEAD MAN NOT GOLDENSTONE RAPIST, ACCORDING TO MEDICAL EXAMINER!

Read the morning's newspaper.......

He dropped his head.....

"I can't catch a break!" he said and stomped his foot...

At our headquarters, there was much celebrating!

 Carlotta and I were kissing passionately...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh papi.." she moaned...
 "Congratulations babes.." I said...in between slow smouldering kisses.


So Was Tyriq and Sirena...
 "Nice work sexy..." said Tyriq...
"You didn't do so bad yourself.." said Sirena..

As they kissed..

 "So glad we closed those cases....Hope you guys are close to closing your case too!"said Jimmy...
"I'm just happy for you guys..."said Angie...
As they shared a passionate kiss

 Hop and his wife, FBI Deputy Special Agent in Charge, Sharon Ferrell-Hopkins were in their room, celebrating..
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu baby, I know that's a load off your back..."said Sharon...
They were making love passionately.....
 Sissy, the boss lady was especially in a good mood...

"Chica, you, Rico, Jimmy, Sirena and Hop have the next three days off..." she said as her husband, Eddie C. took her in his arms and kissed her passionately..
"I wish you'd take the next three days off..." he said..

in between sloppy kisses....

We had closed two very disturbing cases...A triple murder of a man, his wife and a 10 year old boy and the murders of another man and his wife a few blocks away the same night...

Corlette Jenson, 19 and 20 year old James Pearl Jr. had been arrested and charged with all five murders... which left us only with Duke and Angie's double murder and rape in a Philadelphia apartment complex called Goldenstone...The scene of 10 rapes and now a double murder...

Hazel had discovered a DNA link from the two murder victims to all 10 of the Rape victims...Meaning that the killer Duke and Angie

were hunting was the same man responsible for the rapes...

Duke and Hazel were in their room making passionate love at the moment..

Not thinking about the case....





II-
At the Medical Examiner's Office,the mood was not so celebratory....
Deputy Commissioner Jackson was furious, Furious that the information had been leaked to the press..

"I demand to speak to Dr. Hazel Baylor right now!" he bellowed...

"She's not here...She's off today..."said Doc Gibbons...

"I need to see those notes she took and the file on Carson..." asked Jackson...

"Then I suggest you talk to your boss...The Police Commissioner, She has it...."said Doc Gibbons..

"This was a closed investigation...It should have never leaked to the press...I want Dr. Baylor fired.." he demanded..

"That's not your call to make...That's my call and I aint doing it..She did nothing wrong...She did her job....Usually Detectives wait until she makes her ruling before running off half cocked...She tried to tell Lieutenant Tragg that there were inconsistancies...but he wouldn't listen...Next thing you know..He's on Television declaring it a closed case..."said Doc Gibbons..

"Because it was.."said Deputy Commissioner Jackson...

"The hell it was!!!...We had a DNA link from the double murder in Goldenstone to all of the rape victims.....Whoever raped and murdered those two girls ,raped the other ten women and killed this man I have here aint the one!!!....No DNA link to any of the victims...no powder burns on his head, meaning he was shot from a distance and not up close and plus he's a lefty...The gunshot is on the right side..It doesn't play...His death was ruled a homicide...Dr. Baylor did some damn good work...Fire her? Hell I'm gonna give her a citation....She did great work!"said Doc Gibbons..

"YOU HAVEN'T HEARD THE LAST OF ME GIBBONS!"said Deputy Jackson, stomping his foot and storming out...
"Gee if only I could be so lucky..."mumbled Doc Gibbons.

III-
Deputy Commissioner Jackson and Lt. Tragg paid us a visit...


They weren't happy campers...

 "One thing I like about working in "Copland" is that these clowns couldn't just pop in at any given time.."said Sissy..
 "I know what you mean." laughed Carlotta...
"Yeah....I get it.."I said,laughing...
Sissy addressed them...

"Gentlemen" she said..

"From what I understand....Dr. Hazel Baylor, wife of your detective, Duke Baylor discovered a DNA link from her husband's murder victims to all of the rape victims.." said Deputy Commissioner..

"That's right..."said Sissy...

"I want all of the files pretaining to this...That rape case was Lieutenant Tragg's I'm putting him on it.."said Deputy Jackson...

"The Double Murder case is Duke's case.."said Sissy..

''Was Duke's Case...You heard the Deputy Commissioner...It's my case....That's an order.."said Lt. Tragg...

''Excuse you?" said Sissy....
"You heard him that's an order Sissy!.."said Deputy Jackson...

"Deputy....Phone call for you...It's the Commissioner..."said Sirena.

"Thank You Darlin..." he said and took the phone..

"Hello!  Yes...I was at the Medical Examiner's Office...What?   I did not give Doc Gibbons a hard time...He took it the wrong way...Where am I now? I'm at CID headquarters...WHY?   I am having a conference with Lt. Sissy Van Buren....No mam...I..what? No Not at all....Yes I value my position...Yes mam!  She's right here!  " he turned red and stomped his foot..

He passed the phone to Sissy...

"Yes mam...Detectives Edwin Baylor and Angela Barlow are investigating the double murder in Goldenstone...We are aware that there is a link to the rapes...Yes mam...We are working it hard...Thank you mam...Will do!"said Sissy smiling...

She handed the phone to Sirena..
who smiled..

"The Commissioner said that the investigation of the double murder in Goldenstone and the rapes are now Edwin "Duke" Baylor and Angela Barlow's case...That's her order....They are already working on it..." said Sissy, who smiled..

"I don't believe it...She just over rides me again...Gotdamn it!!!!" he said and stormed out...

"You win again Sissy....Good luck on this investigation...It's a dead end!"snarled Lt. Tragg as he too stormed out..

IV-
Sharon called Duke and Angie into her office..

"Your friends here had three days off....They chose to stay and work to help you guys out.." said Sharon...

'WOW!" said Duke, who was moved..

"You guys are the best..." said Angie, smiling...

''We watched a lot of video...Video of the 10 girls on the nights they were raped...All of them were at clubs and we hacked into the club footage.."said Tyriq..

"And you won't believe what we found.."said Jimmy...

"We cross referenced all of the video and looked hard and look WHO just happens to be in all of the videos with every rape victim, including your murdered girl...The one who was raped.."said Carlotta.

"Deputy Commissioner Jackson...In most of these shots, he's drunk as hell and he's groping them, they are arguing with him....11 of the girls....10 that were later raped and the one that was murdered..."said Hop..

"He followed them...Being a cop, he called in the license plate numbers and found out where they lived....He let himself into their apartments and raped them....That stocking Tragg found in the apartment of Carson...That was his...Has his DNA on it..."said Sirena..

"How are you sure?" asked Angie..

"Hazel said she checked State, City ,VICAP,Military and Interpol files and found nothing...So I checked Police Department records and lo and behold...It's a DNA Match.... Deputy Commissioner Jackson is your man...He's your killer and he's the Goldenstone Rapist..."said Sharon...
"No wonder he was so invested in this case...."said Sissy...

"That explains why he put Tragg on the case, he knew they would never be solved and he wanted Tragg on the Double Murder for the same reason...He would have never made the connection..."said Duke...
"He's a Monster....And he was right here , right here among us....All the time.." I said..
''Well now we've got to get this monster off the streets....Let me call the Deputy of Operations and The Commissioner, tell them what we've uncovered.."said Sissy..

V-



ADA Margaret Barnes sat in her apartment with Deputy Police Commissioner Jackson...


"You know I was getting ready to change my clothes.." she said..Covering up....

"Don't let me stop you darlin..Leave your robe open..." he laughed..

"I usually do that alone...What do you want? Arthur isn't here.." she said..

"You and him huh?  How long you two been uh boppin around?" he asked..

"Why do you care? What's it to you? Would you please leave?  You really shouldn't be here" she said.

"I thought you and I had a little somethin remember?" he asked , smiling...

"Yeah, you did think that..." she said...remembering...A night at the rooftop bar, Mulberry Street,

She was enjoying the cool jazz sounds

and a nice drink, When he came over...and invited himself to her table...
She knew who he was....They talked for hours about cases, The law and even music...He drank a lot during the entire time and then he became different, very aggressive..

He ran his hands along her legs, rubbing them and then ran his hand up her skirt..This time she didn't move them....He pulled her to him, He tugged on the waistband of her panties, she finally moved his hands from under her skirt.........He attempted to kiss her, but she moved her head...He tried to move it back, but she moved away....

"Okay...enough!" she said..

"Gettin you turned on huh? he said..


"Don't flatter yourself!" she said...


"Come on..."he said..


"No...." she said..


"Look ,you can't play with me like this....I'm as hard as a rock right now darlin..." he said.


"Nothing a cold shower won't remedy.." she said with a smile..

"Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn..." he said ,trying to hump her against the wall...

She broke their embrace and removed his hands..

"You come on...Stopppppppppppp..." she said..

 "Look ,you can't play with me like this.."he said and squeezed her behind...

"I'm not playing with you...Let's just stop...Okay....Some other time..." she said and removed his hands and pushed him away....


 "So uh ,ruh, how about after we leave here...We uh go back to my place...It's not far from here baby!" he said.  He now held her in his arms  again, but this time not as rough...and practically had her backed into the wall..She could feel his erection as well as his hot breath...He was breathing heavy..

He repulsed her to the point that she wanted to vomit...She just could not...She broke his embrace straightened out her clothes and her hair...

His trousers were standing out like a circus tent...


"Not tonight...I've got to go to the Law Library...Got to study up on a case. So I'll have to take a raincheck." she said.. "You should uh take a cold shower..."she said, looking at his trousers...


  "Come on, a Saturday Night...You aint studyin for no case darlin...Nobody is that dedicated..." he said..

"Tonight I am." she said.

She left him...
Neither of them mentioned that night again...It had been nearly a year ago...but she hated him and felt uneasy even now being alone with him..
'Darlin right now I'm as horny and as hot as a firecracker in a gas station...."he remarked..

"I think you should leave.." she said..  "You shouldn't be in my apartment...I'm not properly dressed."she protested..

He stood up and walked over to her and unzippered his zipper...

"AH think you need to stop playing with me and take care of me...Now you've got me all hot and bothered...You don't want me to have blue balls do you?  Ouuuuuuu that hurts...."he said..

"Get out of here." said Margaret...

Just then...There was a knock on the door..

"COME IN" she said loudly...

Duke Baylor entered the room, with his partner, Angie Belton Barlow..
''Deputy Commisioner Jackson...We have a warrant for your arrest.." said Angie softly...
''What? Detectives...I'll have both of your badges..." he said and then he looked..

Several armed Tactical squad Officers were behind them as well as






Detectives Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace, Tyriq Pile, James Barlow, Tony Hopkins and Sirena Pile.


 He laughed...

"Ah caint believe this...." he said..

Sissy walked in....

"Badge and weapon.." she said...

He laughed...

"Ah remember when you were a fresh faced little new recruit.....riding around in a squad car...Hell, ah remember each of you...long before you became detectives...and look at you now, arresting me." he said, still laughing...

He was read his rights and charged with 10 counts of Sexual Assault (Rape) and three counts of First Degree Murder...

He truly was a Monster Amongst us...
Lt. Tragg arrived just in time to see us walking him out in handcuffs...

"Action Jackson???...He was the rapist? He was the murderer?" he asked..
"I don't want to believe it either, but all of our evidence points toward him."said Sissy...

''What was he doing over here?"asked Lt. Tragg...

"I think you should ask her..." I said pointing to my colleague...ADA Margaret Barnes..

"He would have raped me Arthur and possibly of killed me.....They saved my life...I'm GLAD YOU WEREN'T ON THE CASE!" she said..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.." said Jimmy,laughing...

Lt. Tragg cut him a nasty glare...


Carlotta and Tyriq hustled Jimmy away, both giggling themselves...

Sirena looked at her partner, who was about to laugh...

''Don't...Not here.." she said and then she busted out laughing..

"Look at you..." laughed Hop...

Duke and Angie were photographed by the press as they walked Former Deputy Commissioner Jackson out of the apartment complex in handcuffs...
He was laughing profusely....

"Tragg would have never caught me...He couldn't catch a criminal if the poor fellow confessed..." he said,laughing profusely...

Now Angie was laughing...

Duke controlled himself until Jackson was in the police car and it had pulled off...

Then he laughed profusely.....




The other detectives were laughing with him....

Sissy was not laughing, but she looked at me...

"They deserve a good laugh after what they've been through...They did damn good work..."she said..

I smiled...

"Yes they did...They cracked a multiple rape case that had been boggling us for about a month , they cracked a triple and two doubles in two weeks..Yes they did...They want to laugh, let em.." I said..

Lieutenant Tragg wasn't laughing....He got in his car and sped off.....

This was par the course lately for one of our cases...

EPILOUGE-
The Mayor, The Commissioner, The Deputy of Operations and Captain Cantrell
were pleased with Sissy and her detectives...









Each of them got a special citation for cracking The triple Murder and the double murder as well as The Goldenstone Rapes and Murders...

James Pearl and Corlette Jenson were convicted of the five murders and sentenced to death by lethal injection....

Former Commissioner Jackson was convicted of 10 rapes and 3 counts of First degree Murder and also sentenced to die by Lethal Injection...He laughed profusely in court as he was taken away in shackles...

Hazel Baylor received a special Citation from the Mayor...It was her forensic work which broke open the Goldenstone Rapes and murders...
The Commissioner made no secret with how disgusted she was with Lt. Tragg's bungling of the Serial Rape case..and how he missed the connection.. Still no action was taken against him...He just had to hear the jeers and sneers of the Press and his fellow Police brethern...

ADA Margaret Barnes stopped dating him...She was tired of him bitching about everybody and every thing...
 There was a full moon out...
Carlotta and I were out walking...It was a Friday Night...Everyone had gone back home....We were all free for a few days....

We walked past a water fountain...
We both looked at it for awhile...
"Remember this Carlotta?" I asked her....


"I do....Before we got married....We sat here one night and you kissed me...You tried to take my clothes off too, but the kiss was so romantic.." she said and smiled..
"I'd like to kiss you again..." I said..
We stared at the water fountain and we kissed passionately...
"Mmmmmm you have such soft ,such moist lips.."said Carlotta.

"So do you.." I said in between more kisses....



 "It's a beautiful night Papi"said Carlotta


 "It is...I'm hoping for a slew of peaceful nights like this...So I can have you all to myself.."I said..


 ''Awww Papi....That's so sweet...I'm always yours..." she said and leaned her head on my shoulder..
How Lucky was I?



No comments: