Monday, June 18, 2018

The Night The Terror Returned

PHILADELPHIA ,2042-

I sat in our friend, Ziggy's Port side bar and enjoyed some cold Brews...
Ziggy smiled ...
''Where is that cute wife of yours tonight Nate?" he asked..

''She's with my equally cute Sister in law...
 My wife, is my partner....Homicide Detective, Monica Talbert-Nellis....
 My sister in law is her identical twin sister...Dr. Monique Talbert -Cotton...



"They went shopping and then out to eat..."I said..

''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh, taking a break huh?" said Ziggy...
"Yeah..." I said....
"Tell me Nate...Do you ever get your uh wife and your uh sister in law mixed up? 

 I hadn't thought about it...but I knew where he was going with this...



"I mean they look just alike.." asked Ziggy..

"Nah, their hair color is different for one thing.....and so are their voices..."I said..
"Yeah but say your wife dyed her hair red and wore her sister's clothes....I'll bet she could fool you then..."said Ziggy smiling..

"She's done that before...Still couldn't fool me...I know Mo Mo inside out...They're just different...They feel different..."I said..

Ziggy's eye brows raised up....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?" he said and gave me the side eye...

"Get your mind out of the gutter Zig...You know what I mean.."I said.

"Yeah I know, but tell me...You ever think about it? Huh?  A threesome?? Your wife and your sister in law??" he asked..

"Of course.....Not gonna happen though...."I said..

"Yeah I know...but the thought of it intriuges many." said Zig...

I smiled...

"No doubt!!!Not to be changing the subject....but my guy in Robbery told me that they've been investigating the recent rash of armed robberies along this seaport...They can't find a trace of the culprits..."I said.. I'm Nate Nellis, Homicide Detective....

The crowd was jumping in Ziggy's bar tonight...

"Nate, it's as if they come up out of the sea...
"It's Three guys and a woman....They use high powered tasers to knock out the owners, then they beat the safe...They've hit every place except mine and the guy down the street..."said Ziggy...

"I'm Homicide, but perhaps I'll look into it also..."I said
as I quaffed down some more beers..

II-
Unknown to  us....Four people came up out of the ocean, The were riding Mini sub scooters...

The woman used a high powered taser to knock out the manager of the local tackle shop.

The three men then hit the safe....One cracked it in record time and the other two looted it of  about
130K....
While that was going on , a sinister man with an eye patch over his left eye walked into Ziggy's bar...

Ziggy looked like he'd seen a ghost...

"YOU!" he said..

I turned to face him....

''What's the matter Zig?...No Hello, No How are you doing?" said the man with the eye patch....

Ziggy looked terrified...

"You!!  I should have known you were behind these robberies..." he said.

''Who me? Nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you got me all mixed up...I however am surprised a certain detective isn't involved in the investigation...I thought she'd of figured out my uh M.O. by now..."he laughed..

"Nate, get out of here...Call Mo-Mo.."said Ziggy....

I went for my glock....but not before both Ziggy and I were hit with a powerful taser....

"AGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!" we both yelled before we fell to the ground....

The woman and three men walked in....

"We got the swag boss..." said one man..."

"Good...put a scuba mask on this one..."said the man..."NOBODY MOVE!!" said the man with the eye patch to the crowd....Just back up...We only want this one here..." he said as they picked me up...I was semi-conscious and too weak to fight back...

"What about Ziggy, he's seen you...Should we take him or kill him?" asked another man...

"Neither...I want somebody left behind who can tell Monica Talbert that I was here....and that I have her husband...." said the man, who took my glock and my smartphone and tossed them...

"She won't be able to track him or us now...HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" he laughed maniacally...

I was semi-conscious....I put myself into a zen like trance and began to lock in......

Lock into Monica's essence...She'll feel me...She'd know I was in trouble....

III-
They put me in a white Mini sub that was larger than their Mini Sub scooters and they took off...

I was barely conscious, but very weak...

We took off....
An hour later, Monica, Monique, Kylie and Lt. Cotton were at Ziggy's Bar....

"You're certain it was him Zig?" asked Monica...

"Yeah, it was him...Moray ,He hit us both with tasers....I tried to tell Nate to get out of here....but it was too late...His gang is the ones responsible for all of the seaside robberies..." said Ziggy...



"This was aimed at you Mo-Mo....You foiled Moray's plans years ago when you were a young detective...Sent him to prison for five years...He never forgot it..."said Lt. Cotton...

''Shame we couldn't get him for Stingley's likely murder...And he still blames me for his wife being in that coma.."said Monica..
''That wasn't your fault.....He hit her with that powerful taser trying to hit me and you....She went into cardiac arrest and then slipped into a coma..That's on him.."said Lt. Cotton..

''He doesn't see it that way....He's got her somewhere..in a Cyrogenic chamber ,


kept in a state of suspended animation...until he can find a cure or a doctor to take her out of her coma...but I thought he was dead..."said Monica..

"I did too...His ship exploded and sunk last time we tangled with him..."said Lt.Cotton...

"I know.....but he is still alive and so is she somewhere....We have to stop him before he commits a murder."said Monica..

"Too late for that....One of he people at the tackle shop his guys hit with that taser of his, went into cardiac arrest and just died.."said Detective Kylie White...
Monique walked in...

"It's true.....The man just died!" said Monique...

 They were removing the body as they spoke....
"Now we want Moray for Kidnapping and murder.....This time we are going to put that freak down for good..."said Lt. Cotton...

 ''First I'm going to find my husband..."said Monica..
"You can't...We recovered his Glock and his smartphone..."said Lt. Cotton..
''She can....She's a mutant......She does something called "Locking in"  ,I can do it too...All we have to do is concentrate...and we can find each other....I'm not a mutant, but because I'm her sister...I am able to lock into her...Nate is her husband and they occasionally share bodily fluids...and she can lock into him...He can lock into her.." said Monique..."It's hard to understand...but she can do it.." whispered Monique.
Monica was almost in a trance like state...She began to concentrate...

Soon she could feel my essence...and I could feel hers ,even though I was unconscious...
"Nate is alive, but he's underwater....Off the coast He's in one of Moray's Mini subs..." said Monica.
 "I'll get the Coast Guard...We'll get Nate Back."said Lt. Cotton....


Tears began to stream down Monica's face....

"If he harms my husband...Nobody, I mean Nobody will save him from me.." she said..

Monique held her sister in her arms and rocked her...

"Don't think like that sis...We are going to get brother in law back....."she said..

"Yeah...We are going to get him back..."said Kylie..

IV-
And meanwhile a few miles off the coast, under the sea....I awoke to the vision of my captor..

"You slept a long time buddy....I guess that taser is more powerful than I thought...."said the man known as Moray...

''Who are you?" I asked..
"Who Am I? Hahahahahahaha, Ask your wife.....She sent me away for 5 years...5 years....And after I got out of the joint...She continued to hound me...Her and that pretty boy Lieutenant....Of course, that's their job...They're police and I'm a career criminal, but what your wife did to my wife...There is no excuse for and she must pay..." said Moray...

"I don't know what you're talking about...She's never mentioned you.." I said..

''She'd like to forget me..I'm sure she thought me and my wife were dead after the Coast Guard, Under the direction of her and your Pretty Boy Lieutenant who sunk my ship years ago....But I'm alive...And I've come to get my revenge...Hahahahahahahahahah!"
''So what am I? The bait?" I asked..
"Of Course you are.....She has no idea where you are right now....but soon, real soon...I'll lead her to you....and when I do...I'll have my revenge...Hahahahahahahaha.." he laughed...

"You're gonna kill my wife aren't you?" I asked..

"Yes, I am...Then I'll release you....I have no quarrel with you..." he said..

"But I've seen you, I know who you are.."I said..

''Doesn't matter...She knows who I am and she knows I have you..." he said..


The Submarine rose to the top in some kind of shipyard for submarines...There were several....I had no idea where I was....

He marched me off the boat....

"This is one of my lairs...I have another....When I'm ready.....She'll be notified where she can find you..." he said..

"But of course I won't be there..."I said..

"Rightttttttttttttttttttttttt...You know for a cop, you'd make a good criminal..."he said and laughed maniacally....
This guy was nuts....I had to try and escape or warn Monica...
Meanwhile she was back in Philly...

"I know where he is...I can feel him..." she said...
I sat quietly just concentrating, Trying to feel her essence...
"At least he's alive....I can totally feel him...He's telling me that Moray has set a trap for me..." she said..

"I find this totally amazing that you can do this...I'm almost frightened.."said Lt. Cotton...

''Why? She's one of the good guys."said Monique..
"Good To Know.." said Lt. Cotton...
Meanwhile...I sat in Moray's underwater lair...Wherever that was.....Waiting to see what happened next...

TO BE CONTINUED




10 comments:

Toni said...

g about this was perfect, Title, story and Music!

Angie B. said...

WOW! Nate Got kidnapped....

Sunflower said...

This guy looks scary!

George S. said...

Love your over the top storytelling and your illustrations...You are a master..

Brenda said...

For once I have to agree with George S.

Rita said...

Yes, me too!

Lisa said...

Great Story! Loved it!

Halo said...

Holding My breath until midnight!

Vanessa said...

Wow Keith, You snatched my heart out of my body!

Cheryl said...

Yeah Keith you really did! Holding my breath until midnight!