Sunday, June 24, 2018

A Serpent In The Garden, Part 2

Todd Dellums just marveled at how beautiful Beatrice Evans was...
He knew in that moment that he had made a big mistake in ever breaking up with her....
She was not only beautiful and sexy physically, but his match intellectually...He had gone to Harvard..She had gone to Temple and then to Penn...Both of them had become Attorneys.....

She had landed a job at a big corporate firm right out of the box...and had recently received the Super Lawyer award...Something even he hadn't done...He was certain she'd still be fielding interviews or be working in the Public Defenders Office...She proved to be very smart and very resourceful..He was proud of her...
 Their drinks arrived....
"Thank You.."said Bee Bee..

"I heard you have taken a liking to them now of days...I was out in Seattle,They make the best..."said Todd Dellums..

"Yeah, some friends of mine told me as much.."said Bee Bee..

There was an eerie quiet among them...That was new...There was a time when the air around them was electric and there was spirited debate...

 Beatrice was miles away from the trusting 15 year old girl who worshiped at his alter and whose virginity he easily took...

She was miles and miles away from that girl...She was a confident woman now...He loved that about her...She was a woman he felt he could build with....
''So...I suppose you're wondering why I called you and why I asked for us to meet?" he asked.
 ''You said you had me on your mind and you had to talk to me..Was I just on your mind..or was another part of your body thinking about me too?" she asked..

Todd laughed..

"You know me too well, You know I've always loved making love to you Beatrice..."he laughed...
"You didn't call me up at quarter to seven in the morning to tell me that...What is it you want Todd?" asked Bee Bee..

"I want You!  Beatrice....I know things ended badly between us...I broke off our engagement without saying a word...I know that must have devastated you...I've been married twice in five years and now here I am again...I know that was bad and I'm truly sorry..." said Todd..

''Are you divorced yet?" asked Bee Bee.

"Oh yes...It came through...My things are in storage in Boston...Most of them anyway...I've been staying at a very nice place here in Philly...for oh about four weeks...I'm fielding transfer offers from here and New York...Whoever calls first.."said Todd..

"That's Nice!"said Bee Bee..

"I'm here because of you Beatrice...I've realized that you're the one I should have been with..That's why those other relationships failed...YOU , you were still on my mind, still in my heart...I want you back,I need you back..Beatrice, Marry me..."he said..


 He pulled out a beautiful engagement ring....

"I bought this from Tiffany's yesterday...You know I know your finger size...Marry me Beatrice and we'll work something out....If I get a job here...You can stay at your firm, you just won't be living in that apartment complex anymore...If I get an offer in New York ,you can come to New York City with me.." he said..

Bee Bee busted out in gales of laughter....

"OH MY GOD!!! YOU ARE SOOO EXTRA!" laughed Bee Bee...

Todd smiled..

"Is -Is That a Yes?" he asked...

"No...That's a NO!" said Bee Bee...

Todd was incredulous...

"WHAT?  Look at me!!!!...Look at this ring....Do you know how many girls would kill themselves to have a ring like this and ME???" he asked..

Bee Bee laughed even harder....

"I know...I know...You should go and find one of them.." she said.




II-
At our apartment complex, Sofia and Khalil were hanging out with me in my apartment..
Sofia rubbed my back...

"Don't worry...My room-mate knows Todd Dellums is full of himself ,among other things...You have nothing to worry about."she said..

''When he broke her engagement off...She was more upset than I've ever seen her...She nearly dropped out of school...She cried for days...She nearly made herself sick...I told her if she dropped out she'd be a quitter and she'd prove him right...I told her, Stay in school,make something out of yourself and win!  It took her a few days, but she stayed...I can't see her putting herself through that again."said Khalil..

"I hope you're right....Time passes, situations change, people change....I hope you're right..Maybe I should have fought harder, maybe I should have said no.." I said..


 "Yeah you should have....but now you gotta have faith in our girl..I KNOW how she feels about you....She smiles at just the mention of your name...She doesn't react that way when Todd's name comes up! "said Sofia...

Just then...The doorbell rung..

"Who could this be?" I asked... I opened the door..

It was Ms. Yvette and Gary Lockwood..


Yvette looked around...

"Mmmm  nice digs...I was always curious about how you lived.."she said..She smiled that sexy smile of hers..

''Don't look so surprised...Let us in.." "she said, still smiling..
"She was worried about you man...So I said ,Let's stop by his crib,make sure he's alright.."said Gary..
"Come on In...You apparently aren't the only ones.."I said laughing...
Ms.Jade from across the street was behind them...

"Hey Buddy...Since we are all hanging out...Mind if I join you?" she said.
''WOWWW!, Why not?" I said..

III-
Meanwhile Downtown

 Todd Dellums was visibly stung and mildly irritated at Bee Bee's response to his marriage proposal..

"You know this is so like you....You'll do anything to aggravate me...I imagine poor Keith must go through this everyday..." he said..

''Actually he doesn't..He doesn't say the foolish and self serving things you say..And don't give me that poor Keith routine...You don't care anything about poor Keith...He's my man...You know we are in a relationship ..YOU KNOW THAT, and yet you've thought nothing of calling me here to ask me to marry you and thus break up our relationship.."said Bee Bee..

''Come on..You and me? We have history...Memories.."said Todd..
"Know what I remember?  Know what I remember Todd? I remember like it was yesterday...You calling me and breaking off our engagement...without an explanation or anything...I remember crying so long, so hard that I was making myself sick...I remember my mother and father coming up to the college and bringing me home...I remember losing 7 pounds...and contemplating quitting school on the eve of my undergraduate graduation...Forgetting law school....If it wasn't for Khalil and Sofia

I would have..."said Bee Bee..

"No Keith?" asked Todd snidely..
''I hadn't met him yet..We met in Law school.."said Bee Bee...
"I'm sorry for that..."said Todd..
"You got her pregnant!!....The woman you broke up with me for...You married her hastily and she miscarried and just as fast, you and her got divorced.."said Bee Bee...
Todd was shocked that Bee Bee knew that...
What he didn't know was that Bee Bee's information was a testimony to how good an investigator, Ms. Jade Lee was..

"It was Annulled, for the record.." said Todd defensively...

''And your second wife...She dropped you...Something about infidelity..."said Bee Bee..

"You've been checking up on me...I have been on your mind.."said Todd with a devilish sneer..

"Don't Flatter yourself Todd...Your track record isn't all that appealing..When you showed up here for that trial...I just wanted to know what was going on with you...Just in case you decided to try and put the moves on me and lie or conceal the truth.."said Bee Bee...

"I'm not that guy anymore...I swear Beatrice..You and I could start with a clean slate.." he said.

"I'd just anger you...Frustrate you...I'm still who I am. Headstrong, stubborn...Didn't you used to call me that?"said Bee Bee..

"I've found I love that about you.."said Todd..
"I don't think you do...And whether you do or not...I'm quite happy where I am...At a nice corporate firm, living with my friends and in love with Keith Jones, a fabulous Attorney, who loves the ground I walk on...I feel the same way about him too! And regardless of whether he was in my life or not..I'm not about to walk down that road with you again..That's a nice ring...but you should hurry and get your money back ..."said Bee Bee..

IV-

We had a nice little get together...We had beers,

 Pizza

and a lot of laughs...

"It's gonna be alright brother dear....trust our girl.."said Sofia.
"Yeah, She's not gonna break up the band//" Joked Khalil..
"It'll be alright.."assured Ms. Yvette..
''Bee Bee's got a good head on her shoulders...but man, you should have said no...She wanted you to...She wouldn't be there now if you had said no...But in a way...I kind of understand your reasoning.."said Gary...
 "Like Khalil said...Bee Bee isn't going to break up the band.."said Ms. Jade..

We all busted out laughing..

I felt so good with all of the support I had....I felt like I had a real family around me that had my back, Sofia, Khalil,Ms. Yvette, Gary and Jade...
but like all parties...It came to an end...After a few hours...They were all gone...And I was alone...I felt funny....Bee Bee not being here...

I expected a text by now...Their conversation must really be deep, I thought...I figured...If she had anything to tell me..She'd tell me in the morning...I  lie upon my sofa...I cut the lights and drifted off...It was a very peaceful sleep..
 ****************************************************************************
And meanwhile downtown at a very tony bistro-
Todd stared deeply into Bee Bee's eyes...

"You know Beatrice...I don't live too far from here...We don't have to quarrel...I did have something more in mind for tonight..."he said softly..

"You've had your hands on my legs for the past half hour and you've been running them up my skirt...now you're tugging on the waist band of my panties...Let me guess what that might be?"said Bee Bee.
"You with it?" he asked and arched his eyebrow.

''What do you think?" asked Bee Bee..
"I think you are with it..." he said smiling raffishly....
 "You really don't know me anymore..Do you?"said Bee Bee..
 They were sitting in a private area...They were all but alone...Todd pulled Bee Bee to him..

"Then let me get to know you again baby...Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm!" he moaned softly..

He pulled her to him, His hand was still up her skirt...He tugged on the waistband of her panties, she finally moved his hands from under her skirt.........He attempted to kiss her, but Bee Bee moved her head...He tried to move it back, but she moved away....

"Okay...That's enough! Stop it!" she said..

"Gettin you aroused huh Beatrice? he asked....

Bee Bee laughed..

"Not even close..." she said..

He attempted to kiss her once again, but Bee Bee moved her head...He tried to move it back, but she moved away....

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, come here baby....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh you've got me hotter than a cigarette at a gas station.." he moaned..

He grabbed her behind and pulled her into him, He kissed her neck and the side of her face....She eased out of his embrace once again..

''STOP IT!!! DON'T MAKE ME SLAP YOU!" she said loudly...



"Look ,you can't play with me like this....I'm as hard as a rock right now ,You come in here with that short skirt on, Low cut blouse....You've got a brother turned on...Don't be a tease.." he said.
"I'm not a tease...I'm getting ready to leave...So you can calm yourself down and maybe you should go home and take a cold shower.."said Bee Bee, who stood up...and straightened her clothes out...She plunked down a few dollars to pay for her drinks, but Todd tossed her dollars at her..

"Don't insult me like that....Come onnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn...Beatrice...Come onnnn, don't be like that!" he said ,trying to hump her against the wall...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm you are so sexy....Ummmmmmmmmmmmm"he moaned softly..

Todd had been drinking and was a little drunk..He kissed her neck and tried to work his way around to her lips once again......She defiantly moved her head...She pushed him away...His trousers stood out like a circus tent...He was really aroused...


She broke their embrace and removed his hands..

"You come on!!!...Stopppppppppppp..Just stop it!." she said..

 "Look ,you can't play with me like this..You don't want me to stop...You know it and I know it!!"he said and squeezed her behind...He tried to guide her back into him, but she removed his hands and pushed him away again...

She slapped him hard! So hard his head turned...

"Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!" he moaned...

"I'm not playing with you!!!...Let's just stop...Okay.? Good Night Todd and lose my number...Don't call me again..EVER!!!" she said and removed his hands and pushed him away....She was furious!

"You don't mean that! Bee Bee.. Come here...Let me talk to you baby!" he said..He attempted to grab her again...She removed his arms and pushed him away...

"Oh it's like THAT huh?" he said angrilly!

Bee Bee said no more..She walked away....

 Todd watched her walk out...god she was a sexy woman...he thought!

She was glad she came in her own car.....She was in tears....She couldn't believe he would try to molest her like this and in public... She ran out to the parking lot and quickly got in her car and started it and pulled off!


Todd angrilly kicked a couple of chairs over...He jumped up and down like a child a few times...
He stood there seething.....
It was two thirty in the morning, when I heard my doorbell ring...
Bee Bee was standing there in some jeans and a low cut blouse...She'd been home and changed her clothes.

"Can I come in?" she asked..

"Of course."I said.
She kissed me passionately, slowly and softly...She knew how to get me aroused...
"I'm yours....Always...and forever..Don't ever doubt me..."said Bee Bee..
"I never did..I believed in you...That's why I didn't fight you...I respect your decisions ."I said.

"That's why I love you.." said Bee Bee...
"I wanna marry you....one day..."I said..I couldn't believe I had just said that...

''Sofia told me you slipped and said that one time before..I want to marry you too...One day, when we are ready....I'm certain my answer will be yes..but let's not rush things...We are doing just fine right now..."said Bee Bee..
"You're so practical...I love that about you amongst many other things.."I said and smiled.

Bee Bee could tell I was relieved...
She continued kissing me....

"You know...He asked me to marry him tonight too!  Even gave me a ring!" she said..


"Whatttttt?" I said...

"After I finished laughing, he attempted to get me to come to his apartment...Got a little frisky...I left him with a bad case of blue balls.."said Bee Bee..



"That's my girl!! I expect we'll be getting some more early morning calls.."I said..

"Nahhhhh...I took his number out of my phone tonight and I blocked it...and tonight...my phone is off..."said Bee Bee...
She kissed me a little while longer...
"You just want to kiss? Usually by now you'd have half of my clothes off...I mean it's okay if you're not in the mood.." she said..

I locked the door and took her by the hand into my bedroom and closed the door..She giggled..

Within minutes we were in bed , kissing and fondling each other...and making love..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Bee Bee...."I moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby don't stop..." she cooed..

"Beatrice....Oh my god..." I moaned..

''Keith baby, Don't call me Beatrice..I know that's my name...BUT HE CALLS ME THAT...I don't want to think about him.....Just let me just be your Bee Bee tonight.." she asked..

"You're my Bee Bee every night baby... ummmmmm.."I moaned...

''And I love being your Bee Bee.." she said softly..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh god, you feel so good Bee Bee.." I moaned..
"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm baby that's more like it.."cooed Bee Bee..

"Yesssss...." I moaned softly...

Unknown to us, Sofia and Khalil were walking past my room....He lived two doors down from me now..

They could hear my bed springs squeaking and my headboard rattling...

They heard our soft moans...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Keith I love you...I love you so much.."said Bee Bee...

"I love you too Bee Bee.." I said..


"Ohhhh Myyyyy,Looks like the band is still intact. Girlfriend is going to be late for work tomorrow!" said Sofia..


''Yes Indeed.They both will be late..Ms. Yvette will understand...Besides, it 's gonna be a slow day, you guys won your case.."said Khalil, smiling.




EPILOUGE-

That same night, or morning as it was....The doorbell rang at Ms.Yvette's apartment...

She came to the door...She was wearing a gray Victoria's Secret Night shirt that came to her hips..

"Hello?" she said..

''Well HellllllllllllllllOOOOOO!!!!."said Todd Dellums, his eyes practically popping out of his head...

Todd Dellums admired Yvette's curvaceous figure...and shapely legs...He stared at her hard..

"Yvette Jones..You remember me ? U.S. Attorney Todd Dellums..?" he said..

 Damn she was a sexy woman, he mused..
"Yeah ,I remember you...Todd it's 3:00am  in the morning....What do you want?" asked a sleepy Yvette..
"I've got a bottle of wine, A fine port...You look like you appreciate a fine wine...Together, you and me can have a little party...heh, heh heh!!...Can I come In?" he asked..

Gary appeared at the door..

"HEY MAN, GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!" he said loudly and slammed the door in Todd's astonished face.

Down on the Street...A nice warm wind began to blow...It felt cooling, good..It had been a very humid night...Todd was glad the early morning was cooler...He cracked the bottle of wine and drank the entire bottle down....He was good and drunk now... He had a joint in his pocket...He laughed...He looked around, There was no one on the street....He lit it and smoked it....He had a nice high!


Todd stood on the street totally humiliated and embarrassed and horny...This had been a terrible night..One of his worst....Shot Down by Bee Bee and surprised by Yvette's boyfriend...


Then it began to rain.....This couldn't have been a worse night!

FOR SLC


12 comments:

Toni said...

Just Standing and applauding!

Angie B. said...

Yes...This was very good!

Sunflower said...

I want to throw my panties...but then I'd be like that anonymous person..Excellent story!

Anonymous said...

WELL I AM STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES!

Brenda said...

Oh Lord! SMDH!

Cheryl said...

LMAO @ some of the comments!

Lisa said...

Nicely done Keith!

Halo said...

Yes, Nicely done Keith, Well written story!

Vanessa said...

Nicely done!

Rita said...

Loved it,Loved it, LOved it..Waiting for crossover story with them and Olivia and Beverly.

Keith said...

I just finished writing it...It's very Timely...

Rita said...

CAn't wait to read that..