Monday, June 4, 2018

I Dream Olivia

INTERLUDE: Oahu State Prison, Hawaii...

CIA operative,Reggie Hamilton lie in his prison cell....staring up at the ceiling...To his right was his freshly pressed prison shirt and trousers and his blue skippers....  There was a small desk bolted to the wall...He had some legal briefs on the desk... There was a metallic toilet/sink next to that....

The light on the wall went out an hour ago...He could control it up until 10:00 pm, when all the lights went out and the inmates went to sleep...

He was in protective custody....Since he'd been here , on a trumped up murder charge ,there had been three unsuccessful attempts on his life...

He lie on his back staring at the ceiling...There was only one person who could get him out of this mess ,this very public mess he found himself in...

HER!!
Olivia!  Olivia Bennett-Alexander, the attorney....Once his lover many years ago..  He met her when she was in her last year of law school at the University of Pennsylvania, in Philadelphia..

He was there pretending to be a law student also....She had no idea that he had gotten his law degree many years before and passed the bar...before he went in the Navy and became part of Naval Intelligence....Which led to him becoming a CIA operative...

He was in deep cover at the time....He helped intercept and liquidate a Russian Spy then when he met the pretty young law student...

She was so sweet, so innocent then, so naive and unworldly...He couldn't help but feel for her...

He only wanted to sleep with her at first...

but her soft kisses were enchanting...
Soon he found himself making love to her.... She was the softest woman he had ever touched...and she smelled like a new born baby....

the sound of her voice got him so aroused that he couldn't control himself... He found himself in a full blown relationship with her before he realized it...

In her dorm room, In his dorm room and at other times at his hotel room...

He didn't have the heart to tell her that he was already married.....To another deep cover agent...
Wilma Lyons Hamilton ,who he was meeting in secret

at one of the various hotels he was staying in......
Olivia's then  room-mate,Yvette Jones whom he hated.... accidentally saw him kissing his wife, Wilma once...
and confronted him....

"You creep!!!...My girl Olivia is head over heels in love with you, She's crazy about you and here you are cheating on her.." she said..
It was then he pulled out photos of her and Olivia's much older brother...Kissing in public at Jake's Hot Dog stand and in the doorway of the dorm  room they shared..

"Wonder how your girl would feel if she knew you were getting it on with her big brother..Her much older brother, while she was away for the weekend modeling in New York City?" he asked...

"How did you get those? Are you stalking her???" asked her room-mate...

"How I got them isn't important...We all have secrets....Isn't that right?....I have mine and you have yours...You keep your mouth closed and I won't let on that I know about you and her brother..."he had said..

She looked at him with fear....

"WHO ARE YOU?" she asked..nearly in tears...

"You don't really want to know." he had said..



II-

He eventually had to break up with Olivia......It broke her heart , It broke his heart too...He might have left his wife for her...
 He kept up with Olivia over the years, when he could..He witnessed her graduating from Law School, passing the bar, getting married.....First to a man ,not worth her time..
A womanizing Attorney named Elwood Barnes..  He was relieved when they got divorced....By now he was divorced from his wife too

 but he waited too long, took too many assignments....by the time he'd caught up with Olivia again,Some years later, a lot had happened in her life..

 She had married again....This time to a good guy...
An ex-Homicide Detective from New Orleans, named Donnie Ray Alexander....

He had been in New Orleans when she remarried...He was heartbroken..Just as well....He couldn't ask Olivia or any woman to be his wife, Not with the life he lived as a CIA special operative , often deep undercover for months at a time...That was no life for any woman....It hadn't worked with his wife...and she was CIA, like he was...
By now she was starting to make a name for herself in legal circles..Olivia had left the Public Defender's Office, had worked for a big law firm in town...had left that and had started her own law firm...
with her cute little niece, Beverly West....who she loved like a daughter, like a sister... Who was now an Attorney also....He'd always liked Beverly....
 When Beverly's mother, Alfreda Johnson had plunged a butcher knife into the chest of an abusive boyfriend, who had beat her one too many times...

It was he and his people who disposed of the body and bleached  the apartment down.....Olivia had put her in therapy and from what he had last heard....She was doing quite well...

Olivia and her niece, Beverly hired Josephine "Josie" Boyd, the daughter of the late Crime Boss of Philadelphia, Joe Boyd as their Para-Legal..and young Beverly began dating and was now married to
Nelson East...an attorney and the nephew of another notorious Philadelphia, Crime Kingpin, Arthur Fathead Newton...

III-

He and Olivia's paths crossed again... She and her team did him a favor, by going to San-Francisco to defend and acquit a fellow agent's lover......

and one last time....When he helped them put his angry and vengeful ex wife away...
She had heard about Olivia and his past and had hacked into her accounts with a sophisticated ransomware trying to ruin her...

His ex-wife was now in Federal Prison in Kentucky....

He remembers the last time he saw Olivia...She told him she never wanted to see him again, ever...


He remembered that conversation as if it were yesterday ,instead of nearly three years ago...

"As you know...I look out for you from time to time and I see you have a little problem...A problem I intend to help you with..." he said.

''You mean your WIFE?  The one you were married to at least two years before you met me? Oh she's no problem...She only hacked into my credit and debit cards and closed all of my accounts...She's only terrorized me for weeks and kidnapped my niece at gunpoint..Oh she's been no problem at all" said Olivia sarcastically...

It wasn't many times a man like Reggie Hamilton was surprised...but now was one of them...

"HOW DID YOU FIND THAT OUT?? HOW DID YOU KNOW??" he asked..


"My husband is a better investigator than anybody has ever given him credit for." she said.

"Nobody is that good, Except me of course." he snorted...


"But I know all of this..I know her name is Wilma Lyons Hamilton and I even know what she looks like....What I didn't know until today was that the man I first loved ,lied to me about everything...Our entire relationship was a lie..You were married the whole time...."said Olivia..

He was as red as a beet...

"Uh..Uh..Yes...I was....but I didn't lie about everything...I did love you Olivia.. I -I swear...We,Wilma and I  were here on CIA business...We were both deep undercover..My cover was that I was a law student at Penn...I met you in the meanwhile and girl...The first time you kissed me,That day right here in this park...I swear


...I thought you had hung the moon...I was head over heels in love with you..I had to have you...I couldn't live and not have you...I didn't lie about that...You were some of the best loving I ever had..After we made sweet love for hours that Saturday in your dorm room, remember that?

I would have left my wife for you...You were all I could think about...You had really put something on me...That's the truth Livy...It broke my heart when the mission was over and I had to break up with you...I swear....I-I went through something...I started drinking...I cried like a baby...I never meant for any of this to happen..I swear it Livy...I thought Wilma was safely locked away...We divorced a few years ago...She was unstable......I never meant for any of this to happen..I swear it Livy.."he said.


"You lied to me Reggie...You were married the whole time." said Olivia.

"Baby, after Wilma and I divorced...I came back here...I came back here for you...but you were getting married to that Elwood Barnes...

He was a cheater, a liar...I was soo glad when you finally divorced him...but by then I was away on another mission.....By the time I was back in Philly...You were married again...But I have still looked after you over the years....I'm so sorry baby...I  never meant for any of this to happen..I swear it Livy..I never stopped loving you..." he said.


 ''Forget it Reggie...That was a long time ago....?" said Olivia..

"Yes...It was....After this is all over...How about you and me go somewhere ,Have a couple of drinks,huh?" he said.

She didn't answer...but she looked at him like he was crazy....

"I'm not with the agency any more...I'm out!" he said. He was lying then.....He was desperate...

"Doesn't matter to me whether you are or aren't...I'm married...And unlike you,I honor my marriage vows." she said.

He pulled an envelope out of his suit jacket and passed it to Olivia.

"Look....Take this....Give this to the FBI....That's all they need...They'll find her and neutralize her..This is why I called you...When I found out what she was doing....I had to help you."he said.

"Thank You Reggie."said Olivia..who placed the envelope in her pocketbook. He pulled Olivia to him and held her softly....

"You know...I did you a big favor a long time ago."he said looking at her salaciously...and speaking in that seductive tone that used to melt her like butter...

"AND I DID YOU A FAVOR TOO!!!...THAT MAKES US EVEN" she said icily cutting him off..and easing out of his embrace.

"I'm so sorry Olivia...I never meant to hurt you.I swear...I'm still in love with you." he said.

"Thank you for this Reggie..and Reggie..I never want to see you again...I have a husband...A good man who looks after me now.." she said and walked away...

''So that's it huh?" he bellowed angrilly.


Olivia turned and looked at Reggie one last time..

"You were right about my first husband...he was a liar and a cheater....But this man..this man I'm married to now...He quit his job for me...he moved halfway across the country to find me when he had no assurance that I was even going to be on the market...Now that's love....I don't know that I would have done that for anybody...but he did that for me...You Reggie...I would have forgiven you anything at the time if you had told me the truth...You didn't give up your job for me...you didn't give up a damn thing for me...You did what you wanted to do...You had your cake and ate it too.....I'd rather be with a man who I know beyond a shadow of a doubt loves me...Who has never lied to me and who has never made me cry....He's better than I deserve......but he's better than you...Goodbye Reggie....Lose my number...I never want to see you again."said Olivia .

Reggie Hamilton sat on the park bench and cried like a baby...He couldn't imagine himself not being connected to Olivia somehow....
Here he was in Hawaii of all places...In Prison on a trumped up double murder charge....He needed to get out of here...He needed his name cleared and there was only one person that could do that...

HER!

 He was so aroused just thinking about her...How she smelled, how soft her skin was...How soft her kisses was...that he nearly came on himself...
but he needed her help for real this time...

Everything depended on his main man, Thom Reynolds getting to her in Philly and making her a deal...

Thank God he was in here under an alias...Caryl Jergens....and not Reggie Hamilton, which wasn't his real name either...

He prayed that Thom could get them out here and get them to take the case...I mean this is Hawaii, who wouldn't jump at the chance to come out to Hawaii??He thought!

IV-
 PHILADELPHIA PA.

 It was a beautiful day.... We were all hanging out in the office.....No one had any pending cases or case work...
It was rare that I was in the office by myself...I'm Donnie Ray Alexander, Former New Orleans Homicide Detective, Now Principal Investigator for my wife's law firm...

My Wife, Attorney Olivia Bennett-Alexander entered the office with her niece and partner, Attorney Beverly West-East and their Para-Legal, Josie Boyd..

"Heyyy Honey Bunny" she said and kissed me..
"Ummmm you have the sweetest lips husband..." she said...

"I'm supposed to say that to you..." I said...

''Hiiiii DR." said Beverly. kissing me on the cheek...
"Hi Donnie Ray.." said Josie...

They had shoe boxes and dress boxes....
"Please tell me you guys bought food and it's out in the car" I laughed....It was odd they had gone shopping on a Tuesday and not a Saturday...
"We didn't bring any food...But we all can go somewhere and eat... You got any suggestions?" asked Olivia..

Before I could answer, the doorbell rang...

Olivia answered the door..

A white man with a moustache walked in and looked around...

"Hmmmmm very nice... Olivia Bennett-Alexander, Attorney at law... Very Nice.." he said..

He looked at Beverly...

''And you must be Beverly West..."he said..

''Very Good! Now that you know our names...What is yours?" asked Beverly, smiling sweetly...

 "I am Thom, spelled T-H-O-M Reynolds... I'm an Attorney myself...Which is why I'm here...I have a client who needs your help....He's presently in prison...In protected custody..." he said..

"Protective Custody...That means somebody is trying to kill him and or ..he knows something that somebody doesn't want to get out.."I said..

He smiled at me..

"Or Both! Ex-Cop...Homicide Detective....Your skill set is going to be needed especially...." he said..


''Well...Where is he? Federal, or State Prison? Stanga???...The Maximum Security Prison in Chester?" asked Olivia..

''He's not in Pennsylvania...He's uh out of state...He said you two are the only ones who can get him out of the trouble he is in.." said Thomas Reynolds..

"Oh My God...Is Stephen Graves in trouble again?" asked Beverly...

"This isn't Steven Graves...Though I've heard of your masterful defenses of him over the years..."said Thomas Reynolds..

''Who is your client?"said Olivia.
"His name is Caryl Jergens...."said Thom Reynolds..

 "Who? Caryl Jergens?  Do you know him Auntay?" asked Beverly...


 "No...Never heard of him.."said Olivia..
"He knows you...He sent me here...Told me to specifically get you two... Uh if you check your accounts, you've all been paid a substantial sum of money already..."said Thom Reynolds..
 "Oh My God!!!....How did you do this?  Who are you?" asked Olivia..
"Heyyyy look at this Auntay...Donnie Ray, Josie check your accounts" said Beverly...

"Oh My God!!" said Josie..

There was a substantial amount of money in my account....This wasn't just some shyster lawyer...This guy was connected...Connected to someone or something way over our pay grade and I didn't like it..
"Criminy" I said.
"I didn't pay your husband Mrs. East....I wasn't sure if he would be going and since he doesn't work for your firm...I assume you guys hire him on a consulting basis.."said Thom Reynolds..

"You certainly did your homework..." said Olivia..

"In my business, it is essential that I do..."said Thomas Reynolds..

"And just what business is that Mr. Reynolds.?" I asked..

"The business of representing my client...  I'm not a criminal defense lawyer....as you may guess...That's why he asked for you..." he said.. He went in his briefcase and passed us five plane tickets...

"There is one for your husband, Mrs. East if he goes...Here are your hotel reservations..." he said.

Olivia did a double take...

"THESE ARE FOR HONOLULU!!!   HONOLULU ,HAWAII??" she asked..

"Is there another??  It's Tuesday....Your Reservations are for Thursday Morning.." he said...

"Oh My God....HONOLULU.....JOSIE, WE ARE GOING TO HAWAII!!!" said Beverly....

"Oh My God!!!" said Josie...
Nelson walked in just then...

"Hey guys...boy I'm bushed..I got the next three days off... No case work for awhile..."he said..

"How would you like a job?" asked Olivia...

''What kind of Job?" he asked.
"One that involves Hawaii?" asked Beverly...

''Just say yes..."said an excited Josie..
''You Guys are going to Hawaii??" he asked..

"That's what it looks like.." I said.

''So, I am hiring you as a "Consultant"said Olivia.
"I'm down" said Nelson...

"Then it's settled..We are going.."said Olivia..
''Great...I got you guys a three room suite..with a shower ,kitchen and half bath...I'll meet you Thursday in Honolulu and give you the particulars of the case..I'll see you there.." he said and left...


I noticed a cab was waiting for him....
"Hmmm..Caryl Jergens..In protective custody, accused of murder....Our accounts already opened and our payments in them.....Hotel reservations and airline tickets taken care of...Hmmm." I said.

"I know Honey Bunny, it is a bit much..."said Olivia..

''I don't know..something doesn't seem right.."I said.
''Donnie Ray...It's Hawaii!!!!  I've never been there.."said an excited Beverly...

''Neither have I.."I said.
"None of us have.."said Olivia..

"I'll round up the Laptops and Law books and get them shipped out first thing in the morning.."said Nelson..

"I'll be here early to help.."said Josie..

"I'm so excited.."said Beverly, who looked like she might burst at any minute..

"You sure you don't know this guy Livy?" I asked..

"No ,doesn't ring a bell at all...but something about this seems a little familliar..."she admitted..

"I've got a day to look into some things.." I said..

V-
And at Oahu state Prison n Hawaii, Caryl Jergins, AKA Reggie Hamilton received a phone call on the cell phone smuggled into the prison...

''Hello, were you successful?" he asked.

''They'll be in Honolulu on Thursday Morning.."said  Thom...

"Thom, you're the man..I owe you big time.." said Reggie Hamilton...

"Yes you do.."said Thomas Reynolds..
Reggie lie back on his bunk in his cell... He thought about Olivia....

He dreamed of making love to Olivia, so long ago...The last time...in her dorm room...before she graduated....

He smiled..It was the first thing he had to smile about in a long time..


(TO BE CONTINUED)



12 comments:

Toni said...

This guy again?? Will he ever stay out of Olivia's life?

Angie B. said...

I thought Olivia was done with the mysterious Reggie Hamilton.

Sunflower said...

Actually,I always found Mr. Hamilton very intriuging..Glad to see him back.

Lisa said...

The good thing about this...They get an all expenses paid trip to Honolulu...How nice is that?

Halo said...

I love it when Liv and Company Go away!

Vanessa said...

Mannn, Seattle, San-Francisco, Puerto Rico, New Orleans, Miami, Honolulu...Liv, Bev,Donnie Ray, Nelson And Josie have certainly had some great trips in the past year!

Rita said...

Let's not forget they've been to Punta Canta, London, Paris,San Diego, Dallas,D.C. and New York City among other places..

Brenda said...

This story sounds great already...I love it when they travel.

Cheryl said...

I remember Olivia telling this guy she never wanted to see or hear from him again...Guess he forgot that!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

He is in a bit of a jam! Double Murder!!

Yvonne Anderson said...

I don't think Olivia would have reacted badly to hearing that her room mate, Yvette was sleeping with her brother...She knows how Jimmy is...Why would she care? Yvette should have called his bluff...He had more to lose than she did!

George S. said...

Yvonne, I agree!