Thursday, May 30, 2019

Desperate Hours

It was a Thursday Night...Josies was packed as usual...It was Shrimp and Hot Wings Night...There was no live band tonight...There were five D.J.'s spinning...


Monica Seal, the skirt with the dirt was recognized as she sat in a booth alone and drink...A lot of women were sympathetic to her predicament...It appeared her husband had gotten his mistress pregnant...His mistress that he had been secretly keeping in a downtown loft for three years unbeknownst to her...

Several women came over and spoke and offered their sympathy...but even more snickered and whispered about how she had gossiped about others in this same situation for years and now she was getting it all back...Karma is a bitch they said...Those women were in the majority...

The guys didn't care....She was still a very attractive woman...They sent drinks to her..All which she consumed...

She wouldn't allow them to sit with her though....She was amazed how, knowing she was still married,how many offered to take her home with them or to a hotel...

She just shook her head....

"Men!" she spat...

Gus was concerned...

"She's puttin em away tonight....Not just the drinks she's buying, but the drinks bein sent to her.."he said.

"I'd better call Olivia...She's her lawyer.."said Honey Brown..
"Yeah, How do you know that?" asked Gus..

"It was on the news yesterday that Olivia and Beverly tried to get Lenny Creamer, the guy who broke the story to cease and desist....He reported it himself after they left..."said Honey Brown..

"I don't like that guy.....I don't too much care for her either, the type of show they do...gossiping, peering into other people's bedroom windows...but I don't want her getting sick in my joint...Go call Liv." said Gus.

It was 2:00 am ,closing time when Olivia and I drove up....Closing time..Patrons were filing out, Some were laughing, some stumbling, talking.....
"There she is over there in that booth."said Olivia
"I see her....She looks like she's had quite a bit of company....I'm counting 13 empty glasses.." I said.

Monica sat in a booth, by herself, her head slumped on the table...all of her drink glasses, and there were about 13 that I counted....empty!


She looked at us and smiled..

"OLIVIA!!!! Donnie Rayyyyyy....Now you two...I'll....I'll go home with..."she said, laughing and slumping her head down on the table..

"Thanks for coming Livy, Donnie Ray...She's in a bad way....I can certainly understand why...You'd have to be living under a rock these last few days not to know about her husband and his pregnant mistress and their love nest and all....I'd be a wreck too.....Especially if the whole world knew about it."said Honey Brown...
"13 glasses...whoa!" I said , looking at the thirteen empty glasses on the table in front of her....

"That's just the glasses we didn't collect."said Gus...
"Monica.....Monica...Come on honey...You're going home with us...."said Olivia softly....

''Okay Livy....You're the ONLY one I'll go home with....All of these fellas tried tonight...but I told em, get lost...I'm a ...I'm a married LADY! still.." she said.

She had on a tight leopard print mini skirt that didn't hide a curve , that was low cut and revealed she wasn't wearing a bra!

Olivia turned away...Her breath was horrid after consuming all of that alcohol. She walked her to the ladies room to freshen up..
"What's her tab looking like?" I asked, while they were in the ladies room...

"It's paid....Half of those drinks were from horny guys trying to pick her up and the rest she paid for..."said Gus...
 "We'll take her off your hands guys." said Olivia...who was returning...
 "Olivia...Donnie Ray...I love yall.." said a drunken Monica Seale. She reeked of alcohol...
"Good Night guys." we said as we both took Monica out to the car and headed home..

I opened the window on her side...

"If you feel like you want to throw up, ,throw up out the window." I said...but it was too late..She was
sound asleep....Snoring !
It was late....Usually this time of night...Olivia and I were in bed...

II-
Olivia walked into our bedroom a little while later...
"I just put her down, took her clothes off and got her under the covers.. She's going to have quite the hangover tomorrow..."she said..

I pulled Olivia towards me and slowly kissed her..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. now where were we?" I asked..

"My goodness you want it every night...." she laughed...

She kissed me slowly and softly....

"Ummmmmmmmmm.."she moaned...
''And twice during the day, if I could get it..."I said as I undressed...

"I knowwwwwwwwwwwwwww…...ouuuuuuuuuuuuu" she cooed...
Soon I had Olivia hoisted up in my arms and I was entering her soft, warm and wet center thrusting away...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.." I moaned..

''Shhhhhhh we don't want to wake Monica.." cautioned Olivia.. as we quietly made love in the corner for awhile...
We wound up in our soft but noiseless foam bed.....It didn't squeak and I had taken the headboard off so there was no rattling sound...All that could be heard was SEVEN TO EIGHT HOURS of Olivia's soft moans and coos...and my guttural moans as we made sweet love...I wasn't going to let the fact that we had a guest keep me from having Olivia...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm, ohhhhh hussssband.." she moaned..

"Oliviaaaaaaaaaaaaa..ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."I moaned..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MY GOODNESSSS...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."she moaned...

Monica had gotten up sometime during the night and was sitting in our living room...She could hear our moans ,coming from our bedroom...

"Ummmph, he's putting it on Liv....." she mused....

She was sad...

"That was me and Drew...That man made me feel like he loved me...As angry as I am and as hurt as I am...I wish I could see him tonight...I wish he would make love to me.."she thought and she began to cry as she went back in the room and got back in bed...

A floor below us..



Nelson and Beverly were doing the same thing Olivia and I were doing..

in bed ,making sweet love.....
It was a night for love for some of us...

III-
The next morning...Nicole Hussey and Drew woke up in the loft she stayed in..


She had felt so loved..With him sleeping next to her in the bed..


Holding her in his arms....She slept alone most nights..
She poured both of them a cup of coffee

 and cracked some eggs....She threw floor slabs of bacon in another pan and added cheese, green peppers and diced onions to the eggs.. She was making his favorite. .


Western Omelets and bacon...

Drew Showered and got dressed...
He kissed her passionately...and poured them both tumblers of Orange Juice as they sat down and ate their Omelets with bacon, Toast with jam and drank two cups of coffee...
"I gotta get down to the station and do damage control....Maybe there is a way I can spin this story..."said Drew..

''How you gonna spend anything without lying?  I am living in your loft...I am pregnant by you and you are married to The Skirt with the Dirt..A woman who has made her career off this very thing when it was Athletes, Rappers, Singers and Politicians...Now it's her.." laughed Nicole.
"Don't be so quick to gloat...She's your meal ticket...She pays me...I'm her shows Executive Producer and I'm her manager.. That's the money that pays for this loft and your car...Don't get it twisted.. I've got to straighten some things out with her...It'll take a lot of talk     ,but I can do it...I've done it before.." said Drew.. almost as if he was trying to convince himself..

The doorbell rang...


It was Kayla Bennett, his attorney...

"You've got a problem." she said..


"Tell Me About it.." sighed Drew..
"Your wife was in Josie's last night ,sloppy drunk...Several guys tried to pick her up...It was photographed and the talk of the town this morning...She did not show up for work...The show was pre-empted today.. And nobody knows where she is..

Lenny Creamer is having a field day.."said Kayla..
"Ohhh lawd! Can't we go after Creamer for Slander, defamation of character or something"asked Dro...

"We could, but it would just bring more attention to this and be more fodder for the tabloids...best to not worry about him right now!" said Kayla.

"Drew, do you care about me at all? I'm about to have your baby....All you talk about is Monica and the show...Damn that!  When we met you told me you had an open marriage...that you and your wife both explored things and that it was all good as long as you tell each other...I've discovered that that's a damn lie and it's okay...But I never figured I might be raising my child...Our child by myself.."said Nicole..

Kayla remembered Drew running that same line on her a month ago and here he was not only married, but had a pregnant mistress at the time...She wondered why she was even mixed up in this, representing him..

"You got to chill with all of that...My head is about to explode.."said Drew..
"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"she squealed.....
''What's wrong with you?" asked Drew...
"Drew, her water broke...She's having the baby!"said Kayla..
"WHAT? NOW????  NOWWWWWWWW?" he yelled..

"I'm sorry if it isn't convienent for you!"said Nicole..  "OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" she moaned..
"Run some hot water and get me some towels." said Kayla, who got Nicole and walked her to the couch...

"I'll call an ambulance." said Drew...

"NO...you can't....There are reporters downstairs...They know about this place....I told you to take your name off the lease...They searched through the public records and found this place..You and her go downstairs...You'll be front page news." said Kayla..

'We got to get her to a hospital.. What are we going to do?" asked Drew..
"I have an idea...pass me my purse....I need my phone.."said Kayla.

Within an hour...Beverly, Josie and Nelson drove up...
 ''Sorry I'm a little late.. Mid city Traffic is brutal this time of Morning..."said Beverly...
 ''We brought Donnie Ray's SUV...we came in through the indoor garage like you instructed..By passed the reporters..."said Nelson...
"I called the hospital...I booked you a room under an alias..."said Josie...

"Wait a minute...You three are working for Monica Seale...You work for Olivia Bennett-Alexander.." said Nicole..

"Olivia is my aunt...And Drew's attorney, Kayla Bennett is our cousin!" said Beverly...
'That's right...we may be on slightly opposing sides, but we are still family and when family calls for help...Well, you can see.,"said Kayla.

"Family comes to the rescue." said Beverly...

Nicole began to cry profusely...

"I wish I had family..." she said....

"Come on now...get it together babe."said Drew...



Nelson ,Drew and Josie helped Nicole get out of the loft, down the backstairs to the garage and into the back seat of the SUV....Lucky for them it had tinted windows...


Beverly and Kayla packed her an overnight bag and headed for the car.....Beverly drove...

She knew a quick route to the hospital....
They got her in and got her settled...

Beverly felt sorry for her..

"She really has nobody...No close girlfriends, no family members...We should be here for her.."she said silently...
Kayla agreed...

"You're right cousin...."she said and put her arms around Beverly.....

Josie pulled up an extra seat....
Nicole was emotional...

"Thank you all for doing this...You don't have to stay here.. Why are you?" she said.
"I don't know...If I was having my first baby...I wouldn't want to be alone..."said Beverly...

"Me neither..."said Kayla...

"That makes three of us." said Josie...
"Awwww thank you...and after the baby is born...I'll sign that non-disclosure agreement..."said Nicole.

''Don't worry about that...Just have a healthy baby." said  Kayla.

Nelson sat in the lobby with Drew...

 He was quiet..
"I knew your wife in Law School.."said Drew..
"She told me.."said Nelson...

'I knew Kayla too...Me and Kayla.. we were together  for a hot minute....before I got engaged...Maybe if I had of stayed with Kayla...I wouldn't be in this mess.." said Drew.

"You think so huh?" asked Nelson...

"I know so...For one thing...I wouldn't have the money to get in this kind of trouble." said Drew Hunter..

Nelson looked at Drew Hunter...He realized that he didn't like him all that much...

Some hours later...Kayla appeared in the lobby...

"Well, Congratulations Drew....You are the father of a 9 pound baby boy.....Ethan Hussey!" said Kayla.


"ETHAN??? She didn't name him after me?/" asked a disappointed Drew Hunter...

"Maybe the next one!" said Kayla..

She saw Nelson laugh as the three of them walked up to the room....
to see the baby...

 "Awwww look at him...He's the cutest thing!"gushed Beverly..
 "He's a big old butterball.."laughed Josie...
"I know right?  It's going to take a lot of weeks of training to get my body back after carrying all of this." said Nicole...

Kayla, Nelson and Drew walked into the room...

''Look at the little cutie.." said Kayla ,gushing at the baby..

"Congratulations Drew!"said Nelson...

"Did you really name him Ethan??" asked Drew..

IV-

At our Duplex/Office...
Alfreda poured Olivia ,Monica and me our second tumbler of hot steaming coffee...We had all had quite a night..

"You all look like hell, I'm sorry to say, but I'm callin it as I see it.."she said..


"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww don't yell...I feel like hell.." said Monica, who had a terrific hangover..


"We had quite a night.." said Olivia..

"Yeah..."I said..

Neither Olivia, nor I was drunk.. a little tired maybe..but fine otherwise..

Monica was sloshed...

She hadn't heard yet, but she was going to hear it..
Apparently Someone in the hospital recognized Drew Hunter and followed him.....They relayed the news via internet that Drew Hunter's girlfriend gave birth to a baby boy this morning..

Naturally, Radio Host Lenny Creamer was all over it...and by mid afternoon the entire city of Philadelphia knew that The Skirt with the dirt's husband had had a child outside of their marriage...
She who made a career gossiping about this sort of thing with other people had come full circle and was now the story herself..

"Monica, I'm so sorry." said Olivia.

"Not as Sorry as Drew is gonna be.. I want you to draw up divorce papers now...I have good grounds.." she said..

Hours had gone by and she was sober..
"Are you sure?" asked Olivia.


"Never been surer." said Monica.

"I sure wouldn't want to be in his shoes.."I said..

"I just know you wouldn't..."laughed Alfreda..


(CONCLUSION NEXT)




No comments: