Thursday, May 9, 2019

The Places People Hide

A Friday Night at a tony bar in downtown Philadelphia found Attorney Henry "Hankie " Hankerson once again on the prowl and with a lovely young girl he had lectured in her law class..
"Without sounding cliche' You don't come here often do you doll?" he said as he for the fourth time slyly rubbed her legs and attempted to run his hands up the already tightly form fitted skirt Josie had on..
"No.. I've never been here.." said Josie, looking at her watch.. "My girlfriend was supposed to meet me here.." she said... ''Ouuuuuu , Mister Hankerson...you're fresh.I  never imagined after you lectured us at my law school." she said ,removing his hand from under her dress and removing the other one off of her butt...
He laughed slyly..

"I never imagined you'd be so hot...." he said practically staring at her cleavage...
Josie hadn't worn this dress in ages and she was a bit uncomfortable...Several guys had sent her drinks before he came along..
 After several unsuccessful attempts to find him and serve him a summons...I had found out from
Austin that...
''Hankie loves the ladies...we used to call him "Horny Hankie' and "Hankie Panky" He usually goes to Charlie Green's Lounge...It's a pick up bar....He picks up sweet young things in there.. On Wednesdays Ladies drink for half price, so the place is packed.." he said..
After seeing his photo, Josie remembered he had lectured her class in law school at Drexal University.. He had been a little flirty with her after class...She was certain she could catch his attention...

Olivia and Beverly did her hair....and she squeezed herself into that dress....
It was all Nelson and I could do to keep ourselves composed..

As she ventured out...
She was wearing a bra-lette with a tracking device in it so that I knew where she was at all times..






II-
It was ladies night and the place was packed with a lot of sweet young things...
''So you're in the accelerated course offered at Drexal huh?  You told me you work as a Para-Legal during the day right?" he said.. He had bought her several drinks and had eased his hands from her legs back up her dress..
"Yes...I work for two attorneys....I've been with them since they set their firm up...Four years now.." said Josie, who removed his hands again...
''So working as a para legal, you know the terminology, you've been in court...You're more than prepared to be a lawyer.. Good for you.."he said and rubbed her behind and squeezed it..

"Want another drink?" he asked..
"I'm starting to get tipsy..."laughed Josie, who removed his hand from under her skirt again... "Mr. Hankerson...this dress is already tight enough...if you keep running your hands up my skirt you're going to tear it.."laughed Josie..
"You know.. My car is right outside...You could follow me...We could relax at my loft and uh you could take that skirt off...Heh Heh Heh!" he laughed...
''Mister Hankerson.." said Josie.
"Look, I'm getting ready to set up my own law firm soon...If you're nice to me..like tonight..I'll remember you when you graduate and pass the bar and there is a BIG promotion coming your way..."he said..
"I already have a job offer...see the two attorneys I work for are offering me a bump in salary ,when I graduate and pass the bar.." said Josie..
"That's right...You did say you worked for two attorneys....Just who are they?" he asked..
''Olivia Bennett-Alexander and Beverly West-East, Attorneys at Law...You may have heard of them, They are representing your former partner, Austin Worthy on trial for murder..."she said..
His eyes got as big as saucers....
Josie removed his hand again and went in her pocket book...

"And As their Para-Legal...I am here to present you a summons!!" she said smiling..."A Summons to appear in court next week.." she said..
Before she could pass him the summons, he pushed her out of her chair to the floor and ran out of the bar into the street...
Josie took her heels off and put on some flats....gathered her purse and took off after him
as the patrons gasped...
A BMW blocked his path as he headed to the street corner..
Beverly was driving...

"Mr. Hankerson, I presume...You know, you are the hardest guy to find...I'm so glad to finally meet you.." said Beverly...
He looked behind him...
Josie was rushing down the street in hot pursuit...
He took off in the opposite direction...
"Cut him off at the other exit." said Josie..
''Way ahead of you Jo.." said Beverly who pulled off at top speed..
She cut him off at the end of the next Block..
"Awwww Mr. Hankerson...I'm beginning to take this personally.." said Beverly...
He looked to run down a drive way , when he saw me...
"DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT HANKIE!...I'm in no mood to chase you and if I have to...you're not going to like the end result.." I said...
Josie was out of breath...she came running up and passed him the summons..

"You've been served..."she said...
He didn't say anything...He took the summons and stormed off...
Beverly looked at Josie sympathetically...

"You alright Jo?" she asked...
"I'm alright...I tore a good pair of pantyhose." she said.. She had a run in both legs...
''Awww..Auntay  and I are going shopping tomorrow... Come with us.. We'll reimburse  you.." said Beverly...
"That's okay...All part of the job." said Josie..
"Good Work Ladies...Let's get out of here.. We can stop at Jakes and get one of his fantastic hot dogs." I said..
 "Yeah, that will be great."said Beverly..
"Yessssssssssssssss."agreed a smiling Josie

III-
At Our Home Office and Duplex , the next morning, Olivia, Nelson, Lawrence Stephenson and Austin worked out the specifics of his murder defense and the finances of his partnership.
 "So Your Murder case is predicated on the fact that one, you were not at the scene when the murder was committed, which we can prove ..We have several eyewitnesses, including ourselves and time dated photos from the camera inside the bar.."said Olivia..
 ''You know, if Lieutenant Tragg had done just a little policework...Just a little...He would have seen you have an alibi...A stone clad alibi..."said Nelson..
 "But he also has a motive too..His firm was bleeding money and he was being sued, while in the commission of making a huge business deal..Partnership in that bar...He would need that partner silenced for many reasons...

Now I can prove that you didn't sign any bounced checks...and your personal finances don't show any irregularities...but somebody was robbing you guys blind...Who paid your bills?" asked Lawrence Stephenson..
''Augie...Augie Miller.. He was the Accountant and Business Manager.. and Peggy, Margaret Davis..She was like a combonation  Office Manager/Para legal, like Josie was or is to you guys.."said Austin..
"Augie couldn't send or authorize a payment for anything without a partner's signature...Since we know your siganature was forged...That check would have had to come through Peggy..Wasn't she once engaged to be married to him?" asked Nelson..
''It was years ago...She no longer carried a torch for him.. Nor he for her..Donnie Ray got that on good word from several close associates of the both of them." said Olivia.
Alfreda  walked in on the tail end of the conversation...

"Speaking of which...Where is Tall ,Dark and Southern and my two baby girls?" she asked..
'They're asleep, they had quite a night last night.. tracking down Hankie Hankerson and serving him with a summons.." said Olivia..
I appeared just then...I pulled Olivia to me and kissed her passionately..
"Oh baby, I'm awake..."I said..''Good Morning everybody.." I said.
''You're clearly awake..."said Alfreda..
"Mmmmmmm yes he issssss.." said Olivia, swooning..
'"I've had friends of mine on the police department routinely checking Train Stations, Airports and the Bus station for Peg Davis...She's not at her apartment...and her phone's tracking system has been disconnected..but I think I have a good idea where she might be.." I said.
"Peg is not a dishonest person...I don't believe this is her...but since Augie got shot to death yesterday.. I do believe she is afraid for her life.." said Austin...
 "Come with me...We've got to find her.."I said..
"You guys don't need me for anything else do you?" asked Austin...
''No ,Nelson and I have your defense strategy lined up.."said Olivia..
"But it would be nice to have Peg's version of events...."said Nelson...

''Well I'm done....I'll see you guys next week in court.." said Lawrence Stephenson..
"Byyyeee Lawrence , thanks for everything.." said Olivia...
I pulled Olivia to me again..
'Ouuuuuuu" she said..
and kissed her passionately.....

"I'll see YOU later..."I whispered...
''That man lovvvvvvvvvvvvvvvveeee you Livy..."said Alfreda..

IV-
Margaret "Peggy" Davis was sitting alone in the bus station. .In the back by herself.. She had been here for three days.. Afraid to venture out , when I sat down next to her..
''A place like this can be very lonely..."I said.
She looked terrified...Then she saw Austin..
"Relax....He's a friend....This is Donnie Ray Alexander...Investigator for Olivia Bennett-Alexander and Beverly West-East.. My Attorneys.." said Austin.

''They're repping me again for Stevie's murder...I didn't do it by the way.." said Austin..
"I know you didn't...and I remember them...They worked a case with you once and they represented you the last time you were accused of murder.." said Peggy.
"Somebody is cleaning up...covering up their steps...I can put you somewhere where you'll be safe...I imagine you want something to eat beside this food in here.. A hot shower and a change of clothes."I said.
"I've got two suitcases and a laptop locked in those two storage boxes over there...And I've got a copy of our companies books...We were being robbed...but not by Austin or Stephen...but by Hankie and Augie...Augie wasn't in on it at first.. but once he discovered what hankie was doing , he joined right in.." said Peggy..
''So why kill him? Since they were partners?" I asked..
"Because...Augie was afraid...After Stephen died...Augie wanted no part in anything else..He didn't sign up for murder...I told him that Austin was being framed ,that Stephen had figured it all out and was going to drop the suit...He blew me off...He must have called Hankie..because he was dead within hours and when I went back to that office, Someone was in there..Someone who tried to kill me....I didn't get a good look....That's when I went back to my place and packed and got out of sight...How did you find me?" she asked.
''That's what I do...I find people.. Come on...Let's go talk to my wife.." I said..
We got her suitcases and her laptop and drove home..
Where she talked long and hard to Olivia and Beverly.
''And that's the truth.. That's all I know.." she said..
"Your Laptop and your copy of the books will be safe here...They're in our safe.. You are going to stay with Austin at our Para-legal ,Josie's Loft...She's staying here with us...Nobody will know where either of you are.." said Olivia..
"Thank you so much.." said Peggy.
''And Austin...Behave yourself...You have a lady staying with you.."joked Beverly...
''Oh but of course.." laughed Austin.
"I'll drive em over...Toss me the keys." said Nelson..
I tossed him the keys.
He drove them to the loft...

**************************************************************************
at the loft, Peggy took a hot shower and sat down to relax..
"This is a nice place..."said Peggy..
''I've been here a few days.." said Austin..
''So about sleeping arrangements...I can sleep on the couch.. It's very soft..
"Nonsense...you're sleeping in the bed....WITH ME!" he whispered...He kissed her passionately and softly squeezed her behind..

She felt very aroused...but pushed him away gently...
''You've got a woman over here tonight and right off the bat you assume I'm going to sleep with you....That kiss was way more than you should have gotten...I'm sleeping on the couch.." she said and smiled.
''Suit yourself"' said Austin..


It was a lonely night... and a warm night...soon they were standing in the middle of the floor naked, kissing passionately......

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm this was only meant to be a good night kiss...ummmmmm.."she moaned..

"Well gooooooood night...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." he moaned...


Within an hour she was in the bed with Austin and they were making sweet love...

''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh my goddddd...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu you make me sick... ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu

you are so nasty....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu my lawd….ouuuuuuuuuu.."she moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh….ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh" he was moaning...


The bed was squeaking and the headboard was rattling..


(CONCLUSION NEXT)




15 comments:

Tate 2 said...

Loved The scene with Beverly and Josie serving a summons to that lawyer..It was classic Escapades.

swaggie said...

Beverly and Josie and Donnie ray Taking down that sleazoid was classic stuff...Loved it!

Toni said...

Loved this episode...It was worthy of TV.

Angie B. said...

Good stuff!

Sunflower said...

Reading this late...Loved it..

Lisa said...

Olivia /Beverly and Donnie Ray stories get better and better over the years!

Halo said...

I think of all your series...I love Olivia/Beverly and Donnie Ray the best..Never read one story I didn't love!

George S. said...

I would say the same thing...but that Ghost story was one of your worst!

Vanessa said...

It was not...You just didn't like it!

Brenda said...

Actually, the Ghost Story was one of the more imaginative stories of the year!

Cheryl said...

I Loved The scene with Beverly and Josie serving a summons to that lawyer..It was Hillarious!

Rita said...

Good episode, Can't wait to read the conclusion!

Brenda said...

How did she wind up in bed with Austin??? Did I miss something?

George S. said...

Apparently! LOL!

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES!