Tuesday, May 28, 2019

Maybe Your Baby


''Monica, just what is it you want us to do for you?" asked Olivia.
''I'm putting you two on retainer just in case....I need to find out more about these accusations.." said Monica Seale, the radio personality known as "The Skirt with the Dirt."
''What about your late father's firm...He worked for some pretty heavy hitters from what I understand.. Why us?" said Beverly.

"Yes he did and so does my husband...Somewhere down the line...there could be a ,well what you guys call a conflict of interests....But with you two...I have some independence.." said Monica.

She was an attractive woman and very gregarious and outgoing..


''So you don't know for sure if these allegations are true...You just suspect they might be.. right?" I asked.

"My husband has been rumored to be cheating on me for years...but it never could be proven..Just stories...When you're in my business, just like yours Mr. Alexander...You hear a lot of things.. Some from credible sources....some not..Some just what we call blind items.. Lenny Creamer doesn't just put something out there...Being a lawyer...he usually goes for facts...Our shows aren't rival shows...He just doesn't like me.." said Monica.
''So you got a uh Blind item that says your husband may have some girl pregnant..."said Josie.

"Yes and I need you to find out if this is true...see if you can legally squash this story and advise me on what steps I should take legally, divorce or what..."said Monica..
''Do you want to get a divorce?" asked Nelson quietly...
"No...the thought of it  kills me.. when he's with me...My husband makes me feel like ..Like I'm the entire world...Like I hung the moon...but he vanishes for days on end....He says it's business...He stays out all night long on the weekends...Sometimes from Friday to Monday...Like recently...It's always business..." she said..

"Maybe Monkey Business." whispered Olivia.

''And that's alright with you?" asked  Alfreda ...

"He's an Attorney in addition to being my Executive Producer and Manager.. He has other clients.. He's busy.." she said.

Beverly smiled wryly ,but didn't say anything...

"Alright Monica...Walk with me and Josie into the conference room, We'll draw out a contract.." said Olivia as she Monica and Josie.


walked into the conference room...

"Ummmmm  Ummmmph.. .He married a fool right there.." said Alfreda...

 Nelson smiled..
I shook my head...

''I know her husband personally....He ,Kayla and I were in law school together for a time.. We both had a monster crush on him.. He was quite the operator.." laughed Beverly...

''He sounds like it.." said Alfreda...

''He tried to get me  drunk on several occasions and get me up to his room, but I wouldn't go....Then when he had an apartment in town.. He tried to get me up there alone...but again...I took a girlfriend and a guy I knew with me...He just got frustrated with me and eventually stopped trying.." said Beverly...
"Good For you baby girl." said Alfreda..
''After we all graduated and passed the bar...He and I were both clerking for the same judge and he was working at a department store on the side to pay off some of his student loans...He started dating Kayla.



She just viewed him as a friend...They went out for drinks a few times and he took her out to lunch, maybe breakfast and a movie or two.. I don't think they ever took it any further than that." said Beverly..

"Trust me, they did..."said Nelson...

"Your husband is right baby girl...A Man spends that kind of money on you that often...He's getting something in return...or he expects to.." said Alfreda..

I was smiling the entire time...but saying nothing..

"Funny thing.. Kayla accepted a job at a prestigious law firm in Atlanta...She tried to call him but he never returned her calls...She gave me her address and phone number when she got settled...and I saw him and gave it to him, told him to call her...he never did.." said Beverly..
"Cause he got what he wanted and moved on....That's also the time he married Ms Skirt with the dirt...and his life got better....Cushy job at her dad's law firm , Executive Producer of her syndicated radio show and her manager...Hmmmmmm, I'm just sayin..."said Alfreda...

"Mommy!" laughed Beverly...
"Although I spent quite a bit of money on you...Breakfasts, Lunches, dinners, Movies, Sixers games, Eagles games, concerts.. "laughed Nelson, remembering years of courting Beverly..
"Annnnnd Today I'm your wife...And what? Different circumstances as well as end result.." said Beverly...
''She makes a good point Nelson." I said ,laughing.
Alfreda laughed..

Olivia ,Josie and Monica walked out just then..

 "Okay Monica.. My Husband will look into the accusations...and we'll advise you as to what you can do legally.." said Olivia..
 "Nice to finally meet you.."said Josie..
"Same here baby girl....Thank you Olivia...Nice meeting you all.." said Monica as she walked out to her limo and pulled off...
 "Doesn't look like we have much to do Auntay...but ooooweeeeee this may be juicy..."said Beverly..
''It sounds like we are just stealing money." said Olivia.

''Steal that money girlllllll… If she wants to throw it away, give it away....Why not take it?" laughed Alfreda...







We all busted out into gales of laughter...

II-
"What kind of situation do you have?" asked Kayla, who thought Drew was just trying another ploy to get her in the bed..
''Well as I told you when I saw you in that diner...I'm married.. I'm married to a very successful woman...and we have an open marriage...If we see someone we like, we explore that as long as we let the other one know.." he explained..

"I know you explained that all to me...Now why are you here?" asked Kayla..

"Kayla...I uh...I uh may have gotten someone I was just uh exploring a little pregnant..." said Drew, looking sheepishly at the floor..
''A little pregnant??? You don't get someone a little pregnant Drew...How far gone is she?" asked Kayla.
"Eight Months, Two weeks." said Drew.
"WHAT? She 's not a little pregnant...She's ready to have your baby!" said Kayla.

"I know Kayla...I know....I'm sorry!" said Drew, who was near tears...



"Are you sure it's yours?   Is she blackmailing you?? " asked Kayla..

"It's mine...We went to a clinic and were tested....I have no doubt it's mine and no she's not blackmailing me...I told her I didn't want a child...I asked her to get rid of it.. but she wouldn't.. She insisted on having it..."said Drew..

"Okay...Where does she live?" asked Kayla..

'The Dorchester Lofts....Not Far from here.." said Drew, hanging his head..


"Whoooo  they're expensive....Me and My Fiance  almost moved there....but neither of us could afford it at the time....."said Kayla..."What does she do for a living?" she asked smiling..


"Not a damn thing....I paid for that loft...It's in my name...She's been living there for three years now.."said Drew..

''Wait, you guys are in a relationship...This is no one night stand...She's a kept woman...She's a side chick!" said Kayla..

Drew was speechless..
"Your wife doesn't know about this does she?  That line you fed me a month ago about you two having an open marriage was bull wasn't it? You just wanted to get me in bed again and here you have a pregnant girlfriend laying up in an expensive condo and a wife....OH MY GOD!!  You are a toad!" said Kayla...
"Kayla...please...I'm coming to you as someone who was once your friend...I need your help...Please.. You know who my wife is...If this gets out it would destroy her career..Her reputation..."said Drew..


"You mean it would possibly end your swinging jet set life style...I've seen news clips in the society pages about you...Jet skiing in the Bahamas....Vacations in Hawaii, Cancun....You hob knobbing in L.A. with a lot of A-list people...If your wife found out and cut you off...All of that would end...Wouldn't it?" said Kayla, Smiling now..

"Yes possibly.." said Drew....It was the most honest thing he'd said all afternoon.

"What do you want me to do?" asked Kayla.

"I need you to draw up a non disclosure agreement for her to sign... and to make a financial settlement for her from me...It'll be generous..." said Drew.
"I suggest you get her out of that loft and move her into a residence with her name on it.....Anything with your name on it is public record and can be used against you....Also..I need the name of the Physician you saw.."said Kayla..

"Kayla ,thank you...."he said...he stood up...He was in her personal space...

''You know ,your intelligence and your physical beauty is something I always found attractive....That night we spent together made my toes curl...I never stopped thinking about you..."he whispered in his most seductive voice.. His trousers were standing out like a circus tent...He was very aroused...

Kayla whispered back in his ear very seductively...

"Eight years ago you would have made my panties moist....Eight years ago  if you had bothered to call me back, I would have made your toes curl some more....but that time has passed baby......You're married now and you have a pregnant concubine....and I'm engaged to be married...So back up off of me playboy and calm yourself down...Nothing like that is ever going to happen again...and if you can't respect that.. I  strongly suggest you find yourself another attorney." she said and smiled sweetly and walked away from him...
The huge erection he had in his trousers soon began to droop.....

''Strictly Business huh Kayla?" he said.

'That's rightttttt…" she said..

''Damn you are sexy.." he said.

"Don't you tell your wife and your girlfriend that?  My goodness...What if you got me pregnant?" asked Kayla...."Don't answer....that's not anything you have to worry about...Bring your girlfriend down here tomorrow....Get me the name and address of that Doctor and start thinking about moving her out of that loft and into a place in her own name, or at least not your name.."said Kayla..

"Thank you Kayla....Can I...Can I just kiss you?" he asked..

"No you can not...What did I just say?   I'll see you and your girlfriend tomorrow." said Kayla.

III-
I walked into the office sometime that afternoon with Beverly....

Olivia looked at me....

''Wow that was fast...You two weren't gone that long.." she said and smiled.
"That's because the information we needed wasn't hard to find....He does have a girlfriend...and this is her..."I said and showed Olivia and Josie a photo..
"Her name is Nicole Hussey...She used to be a barmaid and a stripper..."I said..

''She lives in the Dorchester Lofts downtown and has been living there for close to three years.....and get this...The Loft she lives in is in his name...He makes the monthly payments....We checked his financials and it appears...He bought and paid for a new car that she has been driving around in..If Donnie Ray and I could get that information that fast...Anybody else who is looking can or has already found it." said Beverly..

''Wow, she really put something on him..."said Josie..

"Is the car in his name also?" asked Olivia..
"Yup, everything...He even paid for her medical bills.. She's eight months pregnant! Eight months and two weeks.." I said.

"Oh Hell, if that gets out..Do you know what that will do to the city's number one gossip show host? "asked Nelson...
''Yeah ,it will make her the subject of gossip."  said Beverly..

''Niecy Poo, we need to pay the doctor a visit...Hit him with a Non disclosure form...and talk to that jackass husband of hers...Your friend...Get him to move that girl out of that loft or take his name off the lease.." said Olivia..
"You going to tell Monica what we found out?" asked Beverly...

"Not if I don't have to...No woman wants to hear this kind of news...Wish she had been that way when she was reporting on Elwood back in the day..."said Olivia..
"You had a right to know Liv." said Josie..

"Yes, Auntay, you had a right to know...Although I think by the time she reported it....You had already found a few pairs of panties and a few bras....You kinda knew." said Beverly..

Olivia sighed..

"Perhaps...but the whole city didn't have to know." she said.

"Point taken." said Beverly, who felt sorry for her aunt and all she'd gone through...The public embarrassment, the two miscarriages...It was the reason she despised Elwood Barnes so much..

I put my arms around Olivia and hugged her..
"I love you.." she said to me..."You saved me....and I almost didn't let you....I'm glad I did..." she said and held me for dear life...
"We saved each other." I whispered to her.






In the kitchen of our office...ADA Rockland Cambridge was kissing Alfreda….
"Ohhh Alfreda…"he moaned..
"Why don't you wait until we get home baby?" she cooed as they broke their embrace...She didn't know if Monica was still around...She didn't want her to recognize Rockland and he wind up being one of her "Blind Items"

They walked into the conference room, holding hands...

"Well, we are leaving for the day.." said Alfreda..

 "Good Night Freda, thanks for everything today.." said Olivia..
 "Good Night you two." I said, smiling sheepishly at Rockland.. I knew he couldn't wait to get out of here and over to  Alfreda's  place.
 "Bye Mommy, Bye Rockland.." said Beverly with a smile..
 "So long you guys.." said Nelson
Josie waved goodbye then turned to us..

"We've got to work fast before Someone else finds out about this..."she said..

"If Monica has suspicions...somebody already has.." said Olivia.

IV-

At the radio station in the office of Philadelphia's other on air Gossip Host, Lenny Creamer....It is apparent that the news has already gotten to him..

"WELLLLLLLLL, will you look at this?" he said opening up a dossier he had been handed by an associate..

"Looks like the Queen of Gossip is about to make front page news herself.." he laughed with Glee..

Lenny Creamer was an Attorney...He'd been a Public Defender and an Assistant District Attorney and had been co-counsel to the Philadelphia 76ers before he got a radio show in which he discussed entertainment news and sports news...Gossip, but not the kind of gossip Monica Seale was known for...

He smiled at the associate and said..

"Normally, I'd pass on this kind of garbage...It's not my style...but I have an axe to grind with that bitch....Seven years ago. .She outed me as being Gay before I was ready to come out...It caused me a lot of embarrassment in some circles I was in...Now look at this..

Her husband, Attorney ,Executive Producer of her show and her manager, long rumored to have a wandering eye and a wandering penis...has a girlfriend..


an ex stripper he's got holed up in a lavish and expensive loft in his name..
where he has spent countless nights for three years now and get this...She is with child, about to drop in weeks...whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa….I've been waiting for news like this for a lonnnnng time...And now...now...I've got what I need to deep six Monica Seale.."he laughed.


(DEFINITELY TO BE CONTINUED)



>

12 comments:

Toni said...

The Plot Thickens!

Angie B. said...

Mmmmmm this is getting hot real early!

Sunflower said...

I'm loving this story!

Lisa said...

I'm leaving room to be surprised...LOL!

Halo said...

Me too Lisa, LOL!

Vanessa said...

Good Girl Kayla...For standing up to him and not falling for the okey doke!

Cheryl said...

I was thinking the same thing..This guy is a trip...Got a girl pregnant about to drop Married and still trying to mack!

Rita said...

He's either a sex addict or he's stupid...

Brenda said...

I'd say both!

James Perkins said...

LOL!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Yeah I'd say both!

Tate 2 said...

Dude likes living dangerously doesn't he?