Saturday, January 11, 2020

Magic Dust


Saturday Morning-

It had been quite a week...We had just won a big case...Saved an ADA...Richard Gray from a possible death sentence or life sentence for the murder of his wife...


Olivia and I had had a great night together, alone....

 Kind of celebrating our Fifth wedding anniversary...
Making sweet love..

Crazy sweet love...

This morning we were hungry.....



We decided to walk to Sam Mother's Diner...







When we got there..we found that Beverly and her husband, Nelson were already there..

 "Hey Auntay...I thought you two would be sleeping later...So We decided not to bother you."said Beverly..
"Yeah...join us."said Nelson...

 "Don't mind if we do."said Olivia softly...She was holding my hand and leading me to the booth..
I meekly followed her and joined Nelson and Beverly....

I had an order of Shrimp and Grits....

Olivia, Beverly and Nelson had


Omelets, Hash Browns and Sausages...

Josie and Paris walked in next and took the booth behind us..

 "Wow..We all had the same idea huh?" said Josie..
"Looks like it..What's good?" asked Paris...

 "Everything...when you're hungry.."laughed Olivia..
 "You aint never lied.."said Beverly...
 ''I should have tried what Donnie Ray is having ."said Nelson..
I laughed. "I think Nelson was secretly born in New Orleans and didn't tell anybody.." I said..

We all laughed...

Yvette and Gary walked in holding hands just then....

 "Goooood morning loves...We all were of the same mind this morning..huh?"said Yvette..
"The I don't feel like cooking this Saturday Morning mindset.." joked Gary....

We all laughed again...

He looked up...

"Look at this...I wonder if they ever cook?" he said..

As Keith Jones, Bee Bee Evans, Sofia Garcia and Kahlil Ahmed strolled in..Jade was with them..

 "Hail ,Hail, the gangs all here.."said Keith Jones.
 "Hi Ms. Yvette, Gary,Liv, Bev, Donnie Ray, Nelson ,Josie and Paris.."said Bee Bee..
 "Well Girlfriend, you took care of everybody..."laughed Sofia..
"Hey Guys."said Kahlil...

"As much as we all hang together, Work cases together...We all ought to invest in one big mansion and live together."said Jade.

"That's a little too much togetherness.."I joked..

"Uh yes.." seconded Yvette as we all laughed...

Here in Philly there was just enough space between us...

 Several Orders of Omelettes
 Hash Browns
 Sausages
and Shrimp with Grits soon arrived and all of us began to chow down....

II-

ADA Karen Page walked in....She took a seat by herself at the counter...

'Two coffees for starters Sam." she said..

She saw us and waved..

 "Hey that's your friend ADA Page..." said Beverly...
 ''Wow...I wished I could look that good when I wake up.."said Olivia..

"You do to me?" I said..
"Awwww how sweet...He wants some more when you guys get home.."joked Yvette..

"Oh I know.."laughed Olivia..

"That's not an I just got up kind of dress...That's I've been up all night and I spent the night with my boyfriend and I'm on my way home kind of dress.." said Jade...

 "Exactly!"said Nelson..
 "Yeah.."said Paris..
 "You hit the nail with the hammer.."said Keith Jones..
 Bee Bee cracked up laughing..
 So Did Sofia..
Kahlil laughed too..


Josie smiled and shook her head.
''Well, when she's right..She's right." giggled Olivia as we continued to eat...

''Can't argue that.."said Yvette..


That was some dress she had on...Not what you would typically wear to a place like this for breakfast, unless you had been out all night and had not been home.


Gary hugged Yvette and squeezed her tight and continued to munch on his sausage...






III-

Then there is that one person who arrives , who is like a breath of stale air.. ADA Chris Garcetti, who we had just bested in the trial and who carried on so bad, he was locked up for contempt was newly sprung and hungry...

He walked in... He scanned the area...He saw us ,the Attorneys who had just bested him






 and he saw Yvette and Crew..







The attorneys who had bested him a few weeks before in another  Capital Case..

He snarled and sat next to ADA Karen Page...

"Heyyy I've seen you around...Karen Page isn't it?" he said..

"Yes...Uh you're Chris huh? …." she said.  His breath smelled horrid and he smelled as if he could use a shower...His suit was ruffled...

"I'm D.A. Garcetti's son....I spent the night in the cooler (The nickname for the courtroom holding facility.)

""Judge held you in contempt huh?" said ADA Page..

"Yeah, you ever been held in contempt?" he asked...

"No, uh I haven't had that honor yet..." said Karen shyly....

"Nothin Contemptable about you....Nothin at all.." he said staring at her a little too long..

"That's a great dress you got on.." he said..

"Well uh , thank you.." she said again...He was too close..He smelled bad and he was making her very uncomfortable..

"You know....you're making me think about more than just food...I'd love to uh take you out for a drink sometime...But this morning...How about you uh come to my place...Let me get cleaned up a bit ….You look like you were out all night too and uh let's uh spend the day together.."he said..

"Sam, two eggs fried hard." he said.

Now Karen Laughed..

"I'm about 8-9 years older than you...You're asking me out? I'm flattered, but uh I don't think so...I'm seeing somebody!" she said, smiling...amazed at his bravado.

"Age is nothin but a number...We are both adults...professionals...I'm attracted to you...How bout it?" he said..

His hand was snaking up her legs and up her skirt..She removed it  firmly...

"Have you been drinking? First off, NO!  Second off ,I'm seeing someone..and third...Don't you ever put your hands on me again without my permission..." she said.

"Oh Come on baby..Don't be so uptight.." he said. and he leaned over and kissed her softly..

his hot breath and all..

"HEY WHAT THE HELL?" she said and slapped him so hard, everybody in the diner heard it and began to stare at them... "DON'T YOU EVER TAKE THOSE KIND OF LIBERTIES WITH ME AGAIN!!" she said...

Lt. Tragg was coming in and had witnessed the entire thing..He grabbed Chris in the collar..

"WHAT ARE YOU DOIN KID?  TOUCH HER AGAIN AND I'LL CLOCK YA!   YA HEAR?" he said..

"Okay , Okay, Okay youse guys...cut it out.." said Sam Mother..

Chris straightened out his clothing..He got his plate and his coffee and without saying anything walked to an empty table..


He was shaking...You could tell he was not only embarrassed , but furious.....

 "You Okay Babe? I can't believe that kid!!....You should have seen him in court yesterday....He acted like a Park Ape after the verdict was read, Judge had no choice but to toss him in the cooler.."said Lt. Tragg..
"Thank you Arthur. Yes I heard about his antics..." said Karen Page..

"I'll order you a coffee.." he said.

"Thank you Arthur, but I have two coffees here.." said Karen..

"TWO?" said Lt. Tragg..

"Yes...One is for B.L." she said..

B.L. Benz, the host of the TV show HARD BOTTOM and Karen's present boyfriend came in just then..

"Hey Babe...Sorry I took so long..It was murder finding a parking spot.." he said..

"There's a parking lot across the street.."sneered Lt. Tragg..

+-
"I found a cheaper one okay...and what's it to you?" asked B.L.

"While you were being a cheap skate, your girl here was being sexually assaulted...Thanks to me..She's safe.."said Lt. Tragg..

''Stop exaggerating Arthur, it wasn't a sexual assault...Junior over there just got a little carried away and kissed me without my permission...I had the situation handled.."said Karen..

'WHAT?" said B.L.

He approached Chris Garcetti...

"Hey Pal...that's my girl...Touch her inappropriately again and your dentist is gonna be in a new tax bracket you hear?" he said.

Chris Garcetti stood up..

"Yeah...You touch me and I'll have your ass locked the hell up...you and Lt, Tragg, I'm an Assistant District Attorney..." he said.

"How'd you like to be a toothless ADA?" snarled B.L.\

"B.L. come on..Stoppppp!" said Karen...

She plunked down the money for their two coffees...

"I'm so sorry Sam." she said..

"It's okay kid...but may I suggest you wear a potato sack the next time you come in here..That party dress of yours has got these clowns goin nuts." he said and they both laughed..

IV-

In the ladies room, Karen Page applied make up and lipstick...She looked behind her and there stood her old friends from law school, Olivia Bennett-Alexander and Yvette Jones.

 "Hey Ms. Lady, that's a beautiful party dress you have on..The guys think so too!"said Olivia.
"Do you have a matching panty and bra set with it too? and do your panties have magic dust in them?" asked Yvette, tongue and cheek...


"God, you'd think so....B.L. and I went dancing last night...In Jersey, then we went to an After hours spot he knew...Then back to his place...I figured we'd have a quiet little breakfast this morning and as it turns out..Everybody and their mother was here.."said Karen..

''We all were having a quiet little breakfast...Until your suitors showed up..Ouu girl, I don't know how long it's been since I had three guys fighting over me.."joked Olivia..

Yvette laughed..

"I've had two, never three at one time..What are you doing to these guys?"she said.

"Nothing..Not a thing!! Only one I'm sleeping with is B.L.!! Lt. Tragg is just a horn dog, who won't take no for an answer!...That Chris Garcetti...This is the first time I've actually met him....He's an arrogant little snot...I heard you've both bested him in court and that he didn't take either defeat well."said Karen..

"He carried on so bad he got tossed in the cooler."said Olivia.

"He came close to getting tossed in the cooler when we beat him a few weeks ago...The kid has got a few screws loose."said Yvette..

Chris Garcetti paid his bill and then promptly left the diner...Besides losing the trial the day before and spending the night in jail...

This hadn't been his best 24 hours...He headed home..

 Karen returned from the ladies room..

"Ready to go?" she asked B.L.
"Yeah baby...Let's get out of here.." he said and the two of them left..
They kissed passionately at the door....
Lt. Tragg was livid...He kicked the table..

"I don't believe it!" he snarled....

"And after you protected her virtue...The nerve." joked Olivia.
Lt. Tragg missed the sarcasm...He was fuming..He stormed out of the diner...
"I'm telling you ,She's got Magic Dust in her Panties. Drives these guys wild!" said Yvette.


Sam Mother heard her...He and her had a big belly laugh.




For L. CHANTAY!






1 comment:

sunflower said...

hillarious