Thursday, January 16, 2020

Ambushed

Bee Bee walked up to my apartment that night..

 "You think I can win this case?" she asked..
"Of course you can." I said..

"You're not just saying that because you want some are you?" she asked.

"Noooooo Bee look, they don't have a witness, not one witness who saw her go back in that office once she said she left it... Big Girl or not...I don't think she was strong enough to throw him out the window...No...A man did that!" I said..

"Okay." she said and smiled and closed the door...She took her mini skirt off and folded it neatly and placed it on my couch...

She took her pumps off and headed towards my bathroom... I heard water running...

I poured myself a drink...

She appeared in the doorway after awhile in just her t-shirt and panties.......I walked toward her and pulled her to me, kissing her passionately and running my hands up and down her legs...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm get undressed.." she said softly...

I wasted no time and returned to kissing her...

In no time, we were in bed, making sweet ,sweet love...


Two doors down in Kahlil's room , he and Sofia wasted no time ,

Kissing and slobbering over each other and

eventually winding up in bed, making wild, crazy passionate love...

In college we lived in a co-ed dorm....Sofia and Bee Bee were room-mates who lived a floor above us..

Kahlil and I lived on different floors...We could only imagine a scenario like this..


One night after a party, when we were in law school...Bee Bee and I wandered back to my room...

We did share a drunken kiss or two...but when I woke up...I was alone...She had gone up to her room.. We never talked about it...


Kahlil confessed to me that he and Sofia had made love once when they were in Temple.. Graduation Day....

and one time during law school...but it had just been "according to him, "one of those things"...They never talked about it..and they kind of remained..."Semi Friends with benefits."  It was only after graduation that they agreed to become more than just friends and be in a relationship...By then , they had been making love a lot...a whole lot...Neither Bee Bee nor I knew that...Though now when I look back, it all made sense...





II-
We were all in court for the Preliminary Hearing....


Bee Bee and Yvette presented the case files and argued brilliantly that there wasn't enough here to even charge Myra in the first place..

 ADA Cal McCaferty argued that she was the last person to see Mr. Myers alive and several witnesses heard the two of them arguing...

 Sofia called up two witnesses, who both said that though they saw her leaving...They did not see her again until Lt. Tragg arrested her...
 I brought up the fact that the camera in the suite was mysteriously not on for at least 15-20 minutes..
Kahlil argued that he didn't believe our client had the strength to beat and toss Mr. Myers through that window....He said that took a special kind of anger..

At a prelim, you rarely show all of your cards...Apparently we didn't show enough for the Judge to dismiss charges, so she ordered a trial to begin next week and told us to be ready on Wednesday Morning..That was a week from today...

We wisely didn't have Myra with us today... Lt. Tragg stood by the door as we exited, shaking his head...

"Yvette, I don't believe this...She killed your friend, Hell my friend, Jasper...and you guys are defending her?" he said..

"It's called due process.....If you've got any more than just that weak circumstantial case..I suggest you  recanvass and be ready Wednesday....  I want whoever killed these guys caught too.. I just don't think it's Myra.."said Yvette.

"Yes Tragg...she's right...Re canvass this scene...Interview more people..Don't waste time jawing with her..."said the ADA....

"You've got a strong case right there.." Lt. Tragg protested..

"LOOK DEEPER!!!! MAKE SURE!" the ADA demanded loudly...

 "Whoa...."I said..
 ''Come on babes...We've got to look deeper too." chided Bee Bee, taking me by the hand..
 "I'll call Jade, as soon as we get back to the office...See if she's found anything."said Sofia..
"Things sounded tense in there...Let's be out." said Kahlil....We left...

The Spacious Judges Chambers door was ajar...

Yvette was walking past the Judges Chambers, when a hand grabbed her and pulled her inside..

"Ooooooop" she screamed.

It was Gary, smiling..

"Gary, you goofball, you scared me to death..." said Yvette..

He kissed her passionately and flicked the light off....

"Ummmm you smell so good, you feel so good.." he moaned..

"Gary honey....We are not going to do this in here...Not now..The Judge is still in the courtroom.."Yvette whispered..

"Ummmmmm she's going to lunch, she's not stopping in here.."Moaned Gary in between soft ,slow kisses..

"You don't know that.." she said softly....

Gary ran his hands up Yvette's skirt, softly rubbing her legs and continuing to kiss her..

"Ummmmmmmm.." he moaned..

Yvette removed his hands and eased out of his embrace..

''Alright...That's enough!!...Calm down lover!!...I'm stopping by tonight...I'm bringing an overnight bag and a laundry bag...Gotta do my laundry sometime this weekend.." she said..

"Best news I've heard this Morning."said Gary..

"Come on...Let's get out of here.." Yvette whispered and took Gary by the hand.

III-

At a condo in midtown, Jade sat with Lorna Michelle Michaels...

"I'm an Investigator for the Law Firm of McClusky/Cozen/Connor & Pratt.... I represent the attorneys who are defending Myra Edelman on two first degree murder charges..One of the victims being Brett Myers...I believe you knew him.." said Jade..

''My husband knew him...He was representing my husband in a lawsuit.....But my husband wasn't pleased with the way the case was going and he decided to uh go with another attorney. Outside of that, I uh didn't know Mr. Myers."

"That's not true Mrs. Micheals."said Jade, who played her a recording.. It was a micro-recording device...

"Brett Myers never knew it was in there in his office...I traced it to the Private Investigator who placed it there..

He was hired by a client..A client who fired Myers..Accusing him of having Indiscretions with his wife. That client was your husband..

The partners spoke to Myers about it but he denied it.. Apparently it was true...Listen to the recording.."said Jade..

"Just...Just take your clothes off..." 

"Mr. Myers...This is highly inappropriate..." 

"Is it inappropriate the way you've been looking at me and smiling and sticking your tongue out and licking your lips? I know you want me and I want you... Please...don't make me beg, just pull your panties down..." 

"MISTER MEYERS!" she said.

"Call me Brett baby!" he said.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Bretttt, lawddddddddddddd! Ouuuuuuuu.." 

"Yesssssssssssss… Yesssssssssssssssssssss…...Oh my god you are sooo sexy..." 

"Ohhhhhhh Mr. MEYERS...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" Sound of bed squeaking.. 


(Click!) 


"Oh My God!" said Lorna Michelle Michaels...

'That's How your husband knew...That's why he fired Brett Myers...Also why he beat you up...I have the police report...I also see you filed for legal separation after that.....He no longer lives here.."said Jade..

She began to cry...

"That was the basis for the law suit...He was suing a company that manufactured a pill he was taking to increase his muscles and strength...He owns a gym..He works out...but the pill made him impotent..He couldn't perform in the bedroom...He was suing...Mr. Myers took advantage of that...He offered me a drink...He kept asking me how long it had been since I'd had good sex...I was horny...I wouldn't have slept with him otherwise...I swear...That was our first time in his office...He took me to a motel and then there was about two times in his condo and another time in his office...I wanted to stop,I knew it wasn't right...Cecil must have suspected something and hired a P.I.   He was in a rage..He couldn't get over the fact that Mr. Meyers had slept with me...He said if he ever saw him again he'd kill him." said Lorna..

"I know you were at work the day of the murder...Where was your husband?" asked Jade..

'I don't know." said Lorna.

Her husband...an imposing man with tattoos walked in just then...

"WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?" he asked..

"What are you doing here? I have a restraining order.." said Lorna..

"Damn your restraining order." he barked..

"Sir, I think you should obey a restraining order.."said Jade.

"I'm gonna ask you again...WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?" he asked..

"My name is Jade Lee...I'm an Investigator for the Attorneys representing Myra Edelman , accused of murdering Brett Myers.." said Jade.

"GET OUT!  GET OUT OR I'LL THROW YOU OUT!!!" he snarled.

''Cecil...Get out of here...She has a restraining order..Don't put your hands on me...You'll regret it!" warned Jade..

He grabbed Jade...

"OH YEAH!! We''ll see how much I regret..." he said..

Jade broke his grip...stomped hard on his foot, causing him excrutiating pain.... Kicked him in his jaw four times which caused him to fall up against the wall hard...She then swept him, which sent him to the floor..

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" he yelled.

In a rage, he leaped up...Jade.twisted his arm behind his back and elbowed him in the head five times,causing him more pain and then flipped him..sending him out the door and hard into the wall and then down to the ground..
"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOU!" he moaned in pain..
The side of his head was bleeding...His nose was bleeding and the wind was knocked out of him...

Jade then pulled a .38 smokeless out of her pocketbook...She cocked it and aimed it at him...She had no intention of anymore fighting..

"Think real hard about your next move Cecil."said Jade..

He got up slowly.. He was clearly embarrassed being beaten up by such a petite woman...He didn't want to get shot..

"Cecil....Leave...Don't come back...Don't make me shoot you..."said Jade softly...

His deep gruff voice was now higher than Mickey Mouse's...He got up...

''Alright..Alright...Just don't hit me no more...Don't hit me no morrre!" he wimpered and ran down the hall and out the door..

Several of the other residences who had witnessed it clapped and cheered and whistled...






His estranged wife Lorna smiled...

Yvette was on the other side of our floor...She rarely ventured to this side...The door to Attorney Nora Felton's Suite was closed...Before she knocked, she heard what sounded like kissing...
"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh baby..." came the distinct sound of a man's voice.."

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm ohhhhhhhhhhh, ohhhhhhhh.."came a woman's voice..

More kissing...

"Ummmmmmm you are such a good investigator...be sure to tell your boss I said thank you for lending me your services..."came Nora's voice...

"Let me lend you my services right now..."came the male's voice..

"No...Not in here...Don't pull your pants down!!!..Ouuuuuuu, look at that thing...Ouuuuuu, wait, somebody is at my door.. Fix your clothes..." came Nora's voice..

"Oh who the hell is this?" came the male's angry voice..

Nora put on her glasses, tried to straighten her hair and her clothes....She smiled..

"Yvette Jones, how nice?" she said..

"I'm sorry Nora...is this a bad time, I can come back?" said Ms. Yvette..

"No, No, No, No...I wouldn't hear of it....I know why you're here...I've already talked to Lt. Tragg…"she said.

Yvette eyed her male friend...It was ex-FBI agent turned private investigator, Bert Vandenburg...

He did a lot of work for certain Attorneys around town...

''As you know we are defending Myra Edelman.."said Yvette.
"Yes...she had been complaining about Brett Meyers for sometime and she kept very good records...I can have my assistant send you copies of all of her complaints as well as her write ups."said Nora.

"I have all of that...The originals...I'm trying to provide a timeline of events...She was in your office when she got arrested right?"asked Yvette.

''She was...She came in her furious...Said that he just fired her...Gave her a rubber axe or something or other and said I'm giving you the axe...You're fired...She wanted the names of attorneys who could help her in a wrongful termination suit...I gave her a list...Like I told Lt. Tragg….I don't know if this was after the body went sailing out the window or before...That's a floor down and on the other side of the building...I can just tell you what time it was when she came in here...Neither of us knew what had happened until Lt. Tragg and the police burst in here and arrested her...we didn't hear any breaking glass any screams...Nothing."said Nora..

"Okay...thanks Nora...If I uh need anything else...I'll call you...sorry for ambushing you like this.."said Yvette..

"Oh No...No...Bert and I were uh just uh going over the end of trial uh report...."said Nora..

Yvette smiled..

"Oh uh Okay...See ya later." she said..

No sooner had Yvette closed the door...

 "Now about that uh end of trial report....I uh need to see your briefs.." he said slyly...
"Berrrrt, oh my godddd…." she said..

They were back in the middle of the floor kissing passionately again...….





IV-

Yvette and ADA Karen Page sat in Curly's bar having a drink..

 "A Cop bar....If the patrons even suspected I was a Defense Attorney they'd run me out of here..."laughed Yvette Jones..
"Nonsense...I'm an Attorney too."said Karen Page..


"Yeah but you're an Assistant District Attorney...You're on their side."laughed Yvette..
"I hear you're defending that Myra Edelman accused of killing that lawyer and the Food Truck man."said Karen..


Their Citris Martinis arrived..

"I'm overseeing it...My associate, Bee Bee Evans is actually first chair..
She's being assisted by Keith Jones, Sofia Garcia and Kahlil Ahmed..



said Yvette..

"I went up against two of your kids..." she said.. She meant me and Kahlil..


"It won't be a picnic for McCafferty....I shouldn't tell you this...but you're my friend..

Tell Bee Bee and Sofia  to argue to get the second first degree murder charge dropped down to manslaughter..There was no real intent to kill Jasper Edison and fight to get First Degree dropped to Second Degree...That will take the Death Penalty off the table...I'm just sayin that's what I would do.."said Karen Page..

"That's not a bad idea....Thanks for the heads up buddy!" said Yvette...
Lt. Tragg walked in...He saw the two of them talking..

He had done some research, He now knew that Karen Page

 had graduated from law school with Olivia Bennett-Alexander and Yvette Jones,


which explained why they were always talking...They were good friends.. They had history..They were young women....When they were passing the bar, he was probably putting on his Gold shield, just becoming a detective...
"There goes your other man hotsie totsie." joked Yvette..

"Please!  He just won't take no for an answer...He still calls me late at night...still sends flowers to my office...I'm just glad I didn't catch this case...McCafferty did..."said Karen..

"I don't know him."said Yvette..

"He's good , Old school, by the book...No Nonsense!"said Karen...
Another Citris Martini was sent over...

"The Gentleman at the bar sent this to you."said the waiter..

Lt. Tragg winked...

Karen smiled weakly....

"Girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl, I don't know what you're doing....Made one guy kill himself over you, got two other men fighting over you....I don't know.."laughed Yvette..

''Vettie that's not funny!"said Karen,laughing...

Gary walked up....took Yvette in his arms and kissed her slowly...

So slowly that Karen

got slightly aroused watching it....

"Ummmmmmmmmmm this is the second time today you've ambushed me..."whispered Yvette, smiling gently...

"I think you're ambushing me.."said Gary, still holding her... "Hi Karen." he said.

"You're talking about me Vettie...What did you do to HIM! You took the city's most eligible bachelor off the market and have turned him into mush...Maybe it's YOU who have the magic dust in YOUR panties." said Karen..
"He's just one guy....You have two guys.."said Yvette.
"Aint I enough?" said Gary...Who had been listed in the newspapers once as one of the city's most eligible bachelors and had been one of the sexy singles for a couple of years back when he was a detective.

The three of them laughed...

Lt. Tragg walked over slipped his arms around Karen ever so gently...

"Don't even think about it!!!...Not gonna happen." she said and removed his arms..


(CONCLUSION NEXT-)



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Standing and Applauding and throwing my panties!