Thursday, January 9, 2020

An Understanding

Nelson found himself in Stoleys talking to the manager and watching video from the night ADA Gray said he was there..

Turned out he was...With three guys...

He and the same three guys were at Aqua Bar....And they left with a fourth...A Black guy...

They kept the party going and finished off the night at

Aqua Bar Two....The rooftop bar.... Nelson turned all of this information over to me...








 I had checked both bank accounts , all credit cards and debit cards belonging to both Pam and Richard Gray...Everything was normal, nothing was untoward...

Richard was held in high esteem amongst all of the Assistant District Attorneys who worked with him, including the one prosecuting him for First degree Murder..

Pam Gray, also an Attorney at a malpractice law firm was held in high esteem, but there were some rubs..
 "She was seeing another lawyer at the firm...Apparently they were pretty hot and heavy...Seen kissing once by a colleague...That was sooo messy..."said Olivia..

''Apparently a married colleague."said Beverly...

"I found the Private Investigator and persuaded him to give me these photos...Look" I said



There were photos of Pam Gray kissing a man and making love in a hotel room to the man...

''So did Richard know? Did Richard hire the P.I.?" asked Josie..

"I don't know if he knew or not..but the P.I. was hired by another man...This guy was an Insurance Investigator for Slipp, Skipp and Trippe Insurance and he was rumored to be sleeping with her also as this photo shows..

I said, showing another photo of Pam Gray and another man in bed..
"So we've got at least two other possible suspects..."said Beverly...

"Yes and a number of suspicious phone calls made to Pam Gray at all times of night from this second man.."I said..


''We need to talk to both of these men..Find out where they were at the time of the murder....and how deep they were in this..We can defend Richard on the timeline alone...He just wasn't there." said Olivia.

"But where was he?  He said he was at an after hours club called the East Coast Club...but it doesn't seem to exist...I couldn't find it."said Josie.

"You wouldn't!!....That kind of club is illegal...It's after hours...It's quiet...It's known by word of mouth.." I said..
''So how do we find it?" asked Olivia.
"Simple, you have to ask those in the know...Don't worry...I'll find it for you....Get Richard in here."I said.

II-
In a Preliminary Hearing.... You don't show all of your cards, but you show just enough to let a judge see if a trial is warranted..






Olivia, Beverly, Nelson, Josie and I appeared with Richard....We argued that Richard was out celebrating with friends and that he couldn't have committed the murder...

We showed Video of him leaving..and Video of him returning..

Chris Garcetti argued that he had no explanation for where he was after 2:00 am and judging by the traffic coming and going from his building..

Lt. Tragg sat next to him....

"Kid...I'm going to enjoy you taking these two down...Auntie and Neicey are long overdue their come upance…"He said.

The cameras could have missed him...

 Josie passed Olivia and Beverly some notes..
 Olivia showed a photo of the ATM camera directly across the street..

"This camera would have caught everything.."she said..
And before he could say it..Beverly brought up the fact that the camera in the back was broke...but that his fingerprints were not found on the door.. She got the Police, CSI and Forensic people to confirm that...

Chris Garcetti grilled Richard Hard on where he was after 2:00 am ,up until he showed up at our doorstep...

Richard kept saying the "East Coast Club" an exclusive gentleman's club....And saying he didn't want to reveal it's location...

I hadn't been able to locate it yet and nobody I talked to knew where it was or it's existence..

Chris Garcetti was good...He kept the argument fluid...



Olivia, Beverly and even Nelson gave him all he could handle...but not enough...

This new judge, who none of them knew was not the least bit sympathetic and seemed to lean on the side of the Prosecution...

After Three days he ruled..

"There is enough here for trial....It's Thursday...Be Ready for trial on Tuesday...." he said..

''What Happened to Judge Freeman?" I asked.

Beverly stared at

Chris Garcetti ,who had a victorious smirk on his face..

"If I know right...That little weasel found some way to get him off of our trial.." she said..

"Oh I'm certain of it.."said Olivia.
"Hey Guys....I've got an idea about this club....I've got a friend who works here in the courtroom...I'm going to have lunch with him today....I'll talk to you guys later."said Josie..

 "Okay Josie.."said Olivia..
 ''See you later Jo."said Beverly.
"I know who she's talking about... Her friend is a Bailif...He's a Law student too..I used to think he was sweet on Josie...but he's not.. He's Gay." said Nelson as we left the courthouse..

Lt. Tragg smiled gleefully as we left...

"You guys may have finally met your match....Garcetti's kid is going to eat you guys for lunch..." he said.

"Think so huh?" said Beverly...

"You might be eating crow...both of you!"said Olivia

"If I were a betting man, I'd make book on him." said  Lt. Tragg.
"You're supposed to , but I like our chances.." I said.

''Of course you would." laughed Lt. Tragg.

"Care to bet a steak dinner on it? I'm hungry." said Nelson...



Josie, Beverly and Olivia busted out in gales of laughter...

"Go ahead, laugh....We'll see." said Lt. Tragg. Who had once bet a steak dinner on the outcome of a trial..A case he thought was open and shut...Olivia and Beverly with Nelson's help won an acquittal and Lt. Tragg had to buy the five of us and our client ,Steak dinners at a very pricey steakhouse...He didn't want to crawl down that rabbit hole again.

III-

While at our office , in the basement... Alfreda and Rockland could no longer control their passion..

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph! I couldn't wait.."he groaned..

"Oooop..Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.. Ohhhhh you are just too horny.....Oh my god!" screamed Alfreda.


 It started with a kiss, then with Rockland calling out from work, He said he was a bit under the weather...He never called out from work..
He continued kissing her and pretty soon they wound up in the basement in the section where the old building mechanic might have stayed...

There was a bed there..It was squeaking up a storm...the headboard was rattling..... Alfreda felt as if she was falling off of a cliff!

They made sweet love for FOUR TO FIVE HOURS!

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Oooooooop...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuweeee!"screamed Alfreda...She was having an intense orgasm...both of her legs were shaking furiously, her head was turning from side to side...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu damnit boyyyyyyyyyyyy, what are you doing to me?" she moaned..

Rockland was cumming like a gusher...

"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWd!!!" he moaned...

He lie in between her legs for a few minutes ,catching his breath...

''Wowwwwwwwwwwwww…..Wowwww Alfreda that was, that was awesome....whooooo….I didn't intend on this happening.." he said..

"Yes you did. Horny Toad...Or you wouldn't have kept kissing me and have opened my blouse..." she said...

"I just wanted to see what color bra you were wearing today..." he laughed sheepishly...

"Well you've seen that and more...Come on...Get up...Get dressed...before they come back from court..."said Alfreda ,in panic mode..

She washed up in the sink, Fixed her hair and applied her lipstick and make up....

Rockland did the same...Alfreda straightened out his tie and his suit...

They were both back upstairs and in the conference room before we returned..

''Stop looking so satisfied." she said...

Rockland had a big smile on his face...

"I am satisfied..." he said..

 "Heyy Freda...We are back!" said Olivia..
 "Looks like we are going to trial.."said Beverly..
 "I can't believe I couldn't find that club.."I said. Baffled. None of the hipsters and street people I knew had ever heard of the club.
 "Look Chris...You gotta level with us...It's the only way we can save you....Garcetti wants to give you the death penalty..."said Nelson..
"I'm telling you the truth...I knew Pam was having affairs, seeing other men, but I didn't know them and I certainly didn't hire any Private Investigator. We had an open marriage." said Richard..

 "Yes...Very Open...Too open...Were you seeing another woman ? Chris??"asked Olivia.
Beverly smiled at her aunt's questioning...

"We had, we had an uh understanding."said Richard,


"An Understanding?" asked Nelson...

"Your wife was sleeping not with one, but with two men...Two men I haven't located...But I'm pretty sure by what I've heard already....One of these men was in love with her...You UNDERSTAND THAT?" I asked..

''Our relationship was complicated.."said Richard.

And in our front office..

 "You missed a day of  work, all because you had the hots for me.."said Alfreda.
"I know...I'm sorry...I-I couldn't control myself.."said Rockland..

"No man has ever been like that over me...I'm ...I'm very flattered..I really love you..You make me feel sexy!" said Alfreda..

Who kissed him softly and slowly...

"You are sexy..." said Rockland...

He attempted to unzipper her jeans.. She removed his hands...

"Cool it....Wait until I get off work...Horny Toad. My goodness Rockland...You want it all the time!" she said and laughed..
"I'm Crazy about you Alfreda..You are sexy!"said Rockland..

"I know...I'm crazy about you too!..I really am!"she said.


Josie walked in just then...

''Hey Guys...I found the East Coast Club's location.." she said..

Richard Looked Mortified...

 "Good work Josie.."said Olivia.
 "WOWWWW!"said Beverly...
"I am impressed."said Nelson...

I looked at the address...

"I might have never of found this place." I said.

"You wouldn't have...You didn't ask the right people.. The Bailiff I know at the courthouse...He's in law school with me...one of my class mates...He's Gay....and this is a Gay Social club!" said Josie..

I looked at Richard...

Now It all made sense...Partying all night with three guys, picking up a fourth GUY....Staying with a male friend after his wife was murdered...

Theirs was a marriage for appearance, convienience ….Richard was GAY!


(CONCLUSION NEXT)



No comments: