Wednesday, January 15, 2020

Funky Indescretions

The law office was beautiful....I looked around...I said to my girlfriend, Attorney Beatrice "Bee Bee" Evans..

 "This is nice...How would you like to have an office like this one day of your own? Your Own law firm?" I said..
 Bee Bee looked at me lovingly and said..

"I'd love it, as long as you were my partner.." she said..

''Damn girl....You are just making me fall more in love with you if that's even possible."I said..

"You've been in love with me since you first laid eyes on me...Nothing new there.." whispered Bee Bee to me..

''And I've been in love with you too!" she added...

"Wow! I said..

We kissed passionately for a moment.....

"Yeah WOW!" she added...
Jade walked in...

"We can go back to her office now." she said..

The office belonged to Attorney Amber Reid...She smiled when we sat down...She was an Associate Attorney at this firm...She offered us all Coffee and water...

"Now, how may I help you guys....You work at McClusky, Cozen, Connor and Pratt?  I don't remember you..I interned there..I was in Law school and I was uh a para-legal.." she said..

'We weren't there yet...I was a Homicide Detective...Now I'm an Investigator...This is Attorneys Beatrice Evans and Keith Jones...They are representing Myra Edelman ,

who has been accused of murdering Brett Evans.."said Jade..

At the mention of his name, Amber got very very nervous....you could almost say she broke into a cold sweat..

"I don't know how I uh can help...I haven't seen or heard from him in two years.." she said.

"Tell us about your relationship with him...We see he gave you glowing evaluations the entire time you were at our firm...Even gave you a good reference after you graduated law  school and passed the bar...So you two were friends.."said Bee Bee..

Amber sighed...

"He was my boss..We weren't friends...We didn't have a relationship!"she said..

"Oh ?" I said..

"HE RAPED ME!" she said... I could tell she had held this in and tried to forget it for years and was just eager to get it out...

"When I started working there...he was great...brought me flowers, coffee, pastries everyday...Always very complementary... I'm no fool and I didn't just get off the boat yesterday...I knew he liked me..but I was there to intern...I was in law School, second year, I had gotten a Para Legal certificate...So I was in and out of court with him and different attorneys...

But him? he was different..Asking me a lot of personal questions that didn't pertain to work at all...My bust size, my waist size..what size pantyhose I purchased and he began buying me gifts...Personal gifts...He was a bit creepy...I told him, I would rather keep our relationship professional, but he wouldn't let up..He'd take me to lunch, then dinner, then ask me out for drinks... I did it to be socialable..but he kept the pressure on...


And then one day in the office, he sent Myra home early...she was a para legal and an intern also..She was behind me a year or so in law school...Those two never got along...I used to feel sorry for her the way he treated her and talked about her...He made crass remarks about her weight...compared her to a beach whale.. He thought that was funny...I thought it was cruel and a bit childish..He would create situations that were almost impossible for her to win in and write her up for the least little thing..

He sent her home and he cornered me..He told me he'd always liked me and that I knew it and to stop playing with him...

He chased me around the office and then cornered me..


He started kissing me and wouldn't stop..I tried to get away from him.....He was breathing heavy and he almost ripped my blouse open...He ran his hands up my skirt and was tugging on the waistband of my panties....

I begged him to please stop, but he wouldn't...


We wrestled and we fell to the floor...He had his hands up my skirt and was rubbing my legs and begging me, pleading with me to let him have me...I was begging for him to stop...but he kept on...and the next thing I know, he had my panties down and he was on top of me humping away...

Luckily for me, he didn't last long and five or ten minutes of non stop humping and he was done..

He apologized profusely to me after that and sent me a bouquet of multi colored roses and a bottle of Champaigne to my home...

He wrote the most glowing recommendation to my professors at school and shortly after that incident, I turned in my resignation..." said Amber.

''Why didn't you report him? Why didn't you tell the police??" said Bee Bee.

"I should have, I started to...I thought about it several times...but who would have believed me?  I was a lowly intern...He was a big time Attorney...He'd just say that I teased him...that I egged him on...I kept my mouth shut...I graduated...He came to my graduation...He sent some feelers out for me to different law firms and I landed this job....

He kept calling me late at night, asking, no begging me to let him come over...I wanted no parts of him...I blocked his number and I moved to another apartment ...

I stopped hearing from him and I settled in to this job here." she said..

''Would you sign an affidavit to this and testify in court? Meg could use your help."I said.

"I'll do this for her...I liked her...I feel sorry for her..."said Amber..

''She graduaes from Law School in a few months and he had just fired her...but she swears she didn't kill him...She said she left his office..We believe her.." said Jade..

"Though I wouldn't blame her if she did kill him..the way he treated her."said Amber..





II-

At another Tony Law Firm, sometime later...Sofia, Kahlil and Jade approached another former intern, now Attorney who worked with Brett Myers..

"Attorney Monroe...This is your practice?" asked Ms. Jade, impressed...

"It is..After I graduated from law school and passed the bar..I went out to California for awhile and practiced...Then I married a very well to do Attorney and we moved to New Orleans..He unfortunately died and left me a substantial amount of money....I moved back to Philadelphia..Rented this space in this building.. Hired three attorneys I knew from law school and a Para Legal and an investigator and here I am.." said  Attorney Camilla Monroe..

 "I'm Attorney Sofia Garcia, this is my associate..
 Attorney Kahlil Ahmed...
and Investigator,  Jade Lee. We are part of the team from McCluskey, Cozen, Connor and Pratt and associates representing Myra Edelman, accused of killing Brett Myers yesterday..."said Sofia..

"I interned there...I knew Myra...

I liked her...I remember when she started out..She was like me, an Intern, A Para -Legal and a law student...Always eager to please...Maybe too eager to please..She sat out a year after she first started...

 Brett was always yelling at her, always writing her up...giving her  negative evaluations... She was in court with the other attorneys and they had nothing but praise for her work...but with him, it was like it never happened, like it didn't mean anything.. .

Those two never got along...I used to feel sorry for her the way he treated her and talked about her...He would create situations that were almost impossible for her to win in and write her up for the least little thing.

There was another girl there, A Amber Reid, I believe..She was young, pretty and in law school too ,just like me..He liked her...He was always complimenting her and buying her things...She could do no wrong...His little pet...but he liked me too." said Camilla.

"You two got along didn't you? You and Mr. Myers?" asked Kahlil..

"That's because he wanted to sleep with me...For about a year, I held off his advances..."said Camilla.

"And you still got great reviews and evaluations."said Kahlil..

"Yeah....One month before I quit...I went drinking with him and I went home with him...

We had consensual sex....It wasn't bad...I've had better...but anyway...After that one night...Things got even better for me...Great Evaluations, Glowing Reccomendations at several law firms and to my proffesors at law school....A Bouquet of Roses almost everyday...He begged me for another night of sex...but I found a way to hold off..

He even came to my graduation..."she said..

"Did you two sleep together again?" asked Sofia.


"We did...

The night I graduated from Law School and again a few months later after I passed the bar..That was the last time... He continued to call until I had to block his number....." she said..

"I moved to California and got married and moved to New Orleans as I told you...My Husband died and I moved back in Philly...He and I ran into each other...He took me to lunch...I asked him about Amber...He told me she graduated,passed the bar and was working at a good law firm..I asked him about Myra....He said that she was in her final months of Law School and he would be glad when her fat ass finished and left...He said he was tired of looking at her...I said that that wasn't nice and he changed the subject....To me and him hooking up for sex again... I told him I was not interested... That was the last time I saw him...That was a few months ago. "she said.

''Would you sign an affidavit and be willing to testify in court....Myra could use your help."said Jade...



''Sure...I liked Myra...but I don't know how it could help her one way or the other.."said Camilla.

III-
Yvette was at Gary's house....

She was up on his terrace, staring out at the city...

She looked deep in thought...

"I uh looked at Lt. Tragg's report on your case today while I was at Police Headquarters on another matter...He doesn't know it...His case is weak...All he's got is she got fired, she and Myers were heard arguing...She threatened to sue him in court for wrongful termination...She slammed his office door and left...No one remembers seeing her again after that..He opened his office door and told Security that he was fine..." said Gary..

"It is weak...Her fingerprints and DNA would be there...She worked there...Any other prints or DNA in there?" asked Yvette..

"Now you're asking the right questions... There were a second set of prints...Nobody knows who they belong to...They haven't been identified and no one is looking...Check your building's security cameras and see who was in and out."said Gary..

"Gary, thousands of people flow in and out of that building daily...We aren't even the only law firm in that building..
''We are the biggest...but there are five smaller law firms throughout that building.."said Yvette..


''Well still, Tragg's case is built largely on office here say...The two didn't like each other..he had just fired her...sending her a rubber axe..a rather cruel joke...and he had a stack of bad write ups and evals on her... Definitely bad blood between them..." said Gary..

"There is bad blood between many people...That doesn't mean they'll murder the other person. She is a plus size girl...but I don't think she had the strength to throw him through the window.." said Yvette..

"I saw the body at the morgue...Somebody put a serious beat down on him before tossing him out the window.." said Gary...

Yvette smiled..

''Look at youu, all up in my case..."she laughed..

Gary pulled Yvette to him...

"I want to be ALL UP IN YOUR CASE! And I'm not talking about this murder case." he said.

"Ouuu...Well I suppose I don't mind that...Not at all...Ouu…" said Yvette seductively..

Kissing Gary slowly and softly...





IV-

We wound up in the law library that afternoon..

"This reminds me of law school, looking up predicates..."laughed Kahlil...

"Yeah, it sure does....I'm getting hungry..."said Bee Bee..

 "Yeah ,I am too." I said.
"We've established that the victim was a jerk...but we knew that...It doesn't justify murder..."said Sofia..

"But on the other hand...They can't prove murder...She had been seen leaving his office...She did not threaten him with physical violence..and she went to the ladies room..Now where did she go after that?" asked Bee Bee..

''According to her..to the kitchen area...She made herself a cup of coffee and made two phone calls..Then she went upstairs to talk to another attorney." I said..

''So we develop a timeline..See if these calls co-incide with the exact time his body went through the glass and out into the street."said Kahlil..

"Something's missing guys...Who else was on that floor?  Somebody had to see somebody else on that floor...Did he have any other  appointments that day?" asked Sofia..

"Jade and I checked his appointment book...He wasn't scheduled to see anyone that day.."said Kahlil.

"I found one thing....He had a client....A client who fired him last week abruptly


 and the client said something to Mr. Connor.." I said..


"Really?  Who told you this?" asked Bee Bee.

"Mr. Connor." I said..

''You two talk?" asked Sofia...

''No..Nah Nah...Not like that....

He just happened to mention to Mr. McCluskey that this client accused Brett Myers of being inappropriate with his wife...and as a result, he elected to fire him and go with another attorney from another firm.."I said.

''Something like that would make the partners furious.."said Bee Bee..
"It did..Connor and Cozen spoke to Myers in length about it...He said that it was vicious office gossip probably spread by his intern, Myra Edelman, who was good at that type of thing..Connor told him if that was true, to get rid of her because we can't have that type of thing going around.."I said.

"Oh My God..."said Bee Bee, furious about what she had just heard.. "He actually set the stage for what was about to happen...without realizing it." she said

"So they didn't care if it was true or not...They just wanted the messenger punished...They didn't even know if she had started the rumor...He scapegoated her.."said Sofia.

"You two really want to go there with that? Let's get Jade to find the wife, find out if it's true.."said Kahlil..

"If it is true, she'll never testify...She doesn't have to...Why not find the husband???, See what he says...He was the client...He fired Myers after all.." I said..

"You're right...Even if it's not true...It fits in with our narrative."said Bee Bee..

"Still doesn't answer who else was on that floor and who would have a motive to kill him...even though...So many others could."said Sofia.

"Let's get out of here, go grab some food and go home.." I said..


We were all chilling out in Sofia and Bee Bee's apartment..

"This feels like law school too...Us hanging out in Bee Bee and Sofia's place after a long day of studying."said Kahlil..

''Yeah, I know what you mean." I said., smiling..

"There was a difference, a big difference.."said Sofia..

''Back then you guys eventually had to go back to your own rooms...You didn't get to spend the night.with us!"said Bee Bee...


I took Bee Bee in my arms...

"That's rightttttttttttttt….." I said, smiling..


and Kahlil took Sofia in his arms..

''Yeaaaahhh...I like this better.." he said.

We kissed them both...

They were right...It was a big difference..

The doorbell rang...

It was Jade...

"I hate to break you guys up...but look what I found in our boys office...." she said.


It was a micro-recording device...

"He never knew it was in there...I traced it to the Private Investigator who placed it there..He was hired by a client..A client who fired Myers..Accusing him of having Indiscretions with his wife. The partners spoke to Myers about it but he denied it.. Apparently it was true...Listen to the recording.."said Jade..

"Just...Just take your clothes off..."

"Mr. Myers...This is highly inappropriate..."

"Is it inappropriate the way you've been looking at me and smiling and sticking your tongue out and licking your lips?  I know you want me and I want you... Please...don't make me beg, just pull your panties down..."

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Bretttt, lawddddddddddddd!  Ouuuuuuuu.."

"Yesssssssssssss… Yesssssssssssssssssssss…...Oh my god you are sooo sexy..."

"Ohhhhhhh Mr. MEYERS...OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!"

Sound of bed squeaking..

(Click!)



"Somewhere in this is what is missing in this case." said Bee Bee..


(TO BE CONTINUED)





No comments: