Monday, June 1, 2020

Ohhhh Baby!



Gary Lockwood, Investigator for the D.A.'s office was wheeled out of the hospital in a wheelchair...

"You know, I appreciate this Yvette, but I could have walked out.."he said..

"You are soooo vain, you know that?  You're recovering from a hernia operation...and you leave the hospital in a thousand dollar tailored suit..."laughed Yvette, shaking her head...

"I'm fine babes...Fit as a fiddle.."laughed Gary...

"Nooooooo the doctor said for you to get some rest...and that uh means...I'm going to stay at home for a few days..."said Yvette..

''Nahhh come on...Vettie, I told you I'm fine.."said Gary..

"Noooo if I'm at your place you'll want to have sex and we can't do that for awhile..Not until you're completely better.."said Yvette..

"But I'll be lonely, I won't have anybody to talk to.."said Gary...

"I'll call you...We can facetime."said Yvette...

"Come on girl...That's not the same as me holding your nice warm body in my arms and snuggling with you...That's all we'll do..I promise.."said Gary..

''Stop it...I hate it when you beg.."laughed Yvette as she wheeled him to the door where her car was parked..

In this same Hospital in the Maternity Ward , a young couple was having their first child...

"Pusssssssssssssh….Pussssssh….ohhhhhh look there is his little head.." said a Nurse..

''Come on baby, you're almost there....Pusssssssssssssssssssh!" said the proud husband ,who was about to be a father for the first time..

'Oh My goddddddd!" said his happy wife...

"Ouuuuuuuu there he is...it's a boy proclaimed the nurses and the doctors and then shock!




"HE's ….He's ...He's African-American!!" said a nurse..

"He's BLACK!" said another Doctor...

"OH MY GOD!"said the stunned mother..

"OHHHHH LORD!!! The Fertility Clinic...They got the wrong sperm ...they got our sperms mixed up...!" screamed the horrified young father...

"I'll say.Somebody is gonna have to do a lot of explaining about this.....Shit!" said a Black Male Nurse ,also present.

"Oh My GODDDD! HOW COULD THEY DO THIS?" screamed the young mother..


"I'm gonna sue the hell out of em."said the woman's husband..




II-


And at the offices of McCluskey/Cozen/Connor and Pratt... I, Attorney Keith Jones was holding court with my contemporaries..

 "I just wrapped up a very important deposition yesterday....Looks like I have a few days off...To get some laundry done, take my clothes to dry cleaning and get some much needed sleep." I said. "I'm Keith Jones, Attorney at Law."
 "My case is over, but I still have to go to Immigration and talk to some people and I've got some filing to do.."said Sofia Garcia, my fellow Attorney...
 "I got an acquittal yesterday and my filing is done...So Is my laundry and my dry cleaning..I think I'll go and get a mani-pedi.."said my girlfriend and fellow attorney, Beatrice "Bee Bee" Evans.
"I'm clear too..Finished up my last two cases...Sofia...I'll go with you to Immigration tomorrow.."said Kahlil Ahmed, also a fellow Attorney at our law firm, McCluskey/Cozen/Connor & Pratt , where we are associate attorneys.

"I miss Boss Lady..She's been off the past two days with Gary.."said Bee Bee..

''He got out of the hospital this morning...She'll probably be in tomorrow...She'll be pleased to know how well we handled everything.."said Kahlil.

''We haven't all worked together on a really juicy ,big case in awhile..." I said..

There is a saying...Be careful what you wish for...We didn't know it...but one was coming our way..

 "Yeah like when we all worked at the Wrongful Conviction Unit


 with Karen and Jazzy"said Sofia.
"Or when we all went to London with





Olivia and Beverly and the guys..."said Bee Bee.

"I'd just settle for something news worthy.."I laughed...
Just then, one of the founding partners walked in...Mr. Cozen...

"No doughnuts and coffee today?" he asked.

''No Not today!" said Bee Bee with a smile.

"Is Yvette in?" he asked..

''She's off today...She'll be in tomorrow.."said Sofia..
Just then Ms. Yvette did walk in....

"Hey guys....Just stopped by the office to check up on everything ,I'm not staying.." she said..

"Just the person I wanted to see....May I speak with you in private...I have a problem of a er ruh personal and confidential nature you might be able to help me with.." he said..

'
''Sure...Step in my office."said Yvette.


 "Hmmm Wonder what that's about?" I asked..
 "Might be that juicy case you asked for."said Kahlil.
 "Yeah!| said Bee Bee
"We'll know soon enough anyway.."said Sofia..

III-

"So Mr. Cohen...What can I do for you?" asked Yvette..

"I don't know if you remember my son...He used to work here...Associate Attorney, Justin Cohen, he was about your age...

"You guys started here around the same time.."said Mr. Cohen.

"I do remember him...He uh left to go work as Chief Counsel to a huge Multi-National conglomerate...didn't he?" asked Yvette.

"Yes...Yes...that was awhile ago...He's a partner at a small firm in Voorhees ,New Jersey now..He's got a nice place out there too."said Mr. Cohen..

"Didn't he get married? Last year or was it the year before last/" asked Yvette, who wanted him to get to the point...She knew he didn't come here to talk about his son...She was wrong as she would find out.

"Yes he did...His wife is also an Attorney...She's a Public Defender here in Philadelphia.. The reason why I'm here is uh...They had their first child today...a son..."said Mr. Cohen..

''Awww congratulations Mr. Cohen....Is this your first grandchild?" asked Yvette..

"Oh No...Both of my daughters have two children a piece...but uh here is why I'm here...This is a
photo of my son and his wife, in case you forgot what he looked like...


he said showing Yvette photos of them...

"Cute couple." Yvette said..

"Here is a photo of their baby...My new grandchild.."said Mr. Cohen.

At first , Yvette didn't catch on...

''Awwwwwww, he's a little cutie." she said...Then she did a double take..

"WHATTTTTTT?? He's Black!!....Did they adopt?" she asked..

"No...She birthed him right there in the hospital...My son was there....See, they had been trying to get pregnant for the longest time...So they went to a fertility clinic and  supposedly my son's sperm was
injected into her, you know ..uh, with the turkey baster, Only they must have gotten his sperm mixed up with uh...ahhhhhhh someone else's obviously and uh er ahhhh, she uh had this child...I mean...I love the child regardless of ..of of...race...but it's the principle of uh the thing, you know...That clinic can't have these kinds of uh er-ruh…." he said.

"Accidents" said Yvette..

"Yes...My son is distraught , He wants to sue the clinic...I told him he is too personally involved and that I would get attorneys from my office to take it on.."said Mr. Cohen.


"You want to sue the clinic...Tomorrow , we sue the clinic." said Yvette...

"Thank you Yvette, thank you.."said Mr. Cohen as he exited her office and left our suite...

Ms. Yvette came out of her office..She sat down at my desk..

Then she burst into laughter...raucous laughter....She banged her fists hard on the table..

 "Ouuuuu this must be good..."said Sofia..
"Don't  leave your girls hangin...Spill Boss Lady, Spill."said an excited Bee Bee..

 "Is this our next case?" asked Kahlil..

Yvette was still laughing hysterically...She put two glossies on the table...


A  man and a woman....The man I recognized...He was Partner Cohen's son....The woman I didn't recognize at all.
"I know the guy....That's uh Cohen's son, An Attorney...He came here once looking for his father..I met him then..."I said.."Who is the lady?" I asked.

"That's his wife..She's a Public Defender here in Philly...He's a partner in a practice in South Jersey where they live...They had a baby today.."said Yvette, continuing to laugh..

 "Awwww that's nice.."said Bee Bee..
"That's so sweet." said Sofia..

Then Ms. Yvette pulled another photo out..

"That's the Baby."she said.


 "He's a little cutie."said Sofia..
"Look at himmmmm." said Sofia..

Ms. Yvette waited...

 "WAITTTT, WHAT THE HELL?" said Kahlil...
"WAIT!!! HOLD UP!" I said..

"OH MY GOD!!! HE'S BLACK!" said Bee Bee..

''Ayyyeeee Mios Dios...HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?" asked Sofia...


"The Fertility Clinic they had been going to inseminated her with someone elses sperm..."said Yvette, chuckling then laughing again...

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BABY!" I said..

 "Oh Baby is right?" said Bee Bee..
 "Can you imagine the look on homeboy's face?" asked Kahlil..
"Not to mention the look on her face."said Sofia.

"Okay....let's settle down folks...Tomorrow, we'll uh begin working on the law suit...I'd better get Jade

 on this.."said Yvette..

IV-


That night at Bee Bee and Sofia's apartment...

 "We should charge you guys rent...You're down here more than you are your own apartments."said Sofia.
"We should have charged them a room fee in college, they were always in our dorm room, which was much smaller.."laughed Bee Bee..

 "This is some case huh?" I can't imagine being that guy...."I said..

"I know...I know he's ready to hit the ceiling."said Kahlil..

 "Well, the baby is cute.."said Bee Bee.
"Yeah, he is......It's not a total loss...People are so ,so color conscious.."said Sofia..

"Yeah but on the other hand...You want your own child...blood of your blood, flesh of your flesh.."I said.


"Yeah, you make a good point.."said Kahlil..

 "Yeah, you do!"said Bee Bee..
"Yeah."said Sofia.

The doorbell rang at Gary's house... He was pleasantly surprised when he answered it..

''What are you doing here?" he asked..


"I felt bad about you being all alone...So I decided to keep you company.."said Yvette..

"You're not staying the night?" asked Gary...


"Yes..It's too late for me to drive back home....but no sex....Not until you're feeling better."said Yvette.

"Trust me...I'm feelin better."said Gary, pulling Yvette toward him and kissing her passionately..

"Ummmm I bet you do....but I told you...No sex....I don't want you to bust your stitches.."she said..


They walked up to his terrace...She told him about her latest case...


"Godddd...I'd sue the pants off that clinic...The humiliation they both must feel.."said Gary..


"It's a cute baby."said Yvette...

 Gary put his arms around her and hugged her, moaning softly...

'I'll bet you were a cute baby too!" he said.
"Oh I was...Next time you're over my place...I'll show you some baby pictures.." said Yvette..

as they stared out at the city and the night time sky...


(TO BE CONTINUED)



10 comments:

Toni said...

OMG THis had me laughing sooo hard!

Angie B. said...

This is going to be a good one!

Lisa said...

Freakin Hillarious!

Sunflower said...

I'll say.Somebody is gonna have to do a lot of explaining about this.....Shit!" said a Black Male Nurse ,also present.

I was done at this poinr!

Cheryl said...

LMAO! So was I!

Vanessa said...

How Do you think this stuff up?

Halo said...

"OH MY GOD, HE'S AFRICaN-AMERICAN...OH MY GOD, HE's BLACK!" Had me on the floor!

Brenda said...

I'll say.Somebody is gonna have to do a lot of explaining about this.....Shit!" said a Black Male Nurse ,also present. I was ruined....

Rita said...

This is one for the records, gotta see how this plays out.

Grover Tha Playboy said...

THis is funny...Gotta go over to Ventures and see what you got cookin there!