Thursday, June 25, 2020

Under 48


Jimmy had been suspended for two days....

but he wasn't out of action...He was on the federal floor, above us with Deputy FBI/ATF Special Agent in charge, Sharon Hopkins..

"You're going to work with me today Detective Barlow..We are going to take a look at Ms. Julie Mallet..." said Sharon..

"Sounds good to me.."said Jimmy..

''But first...let's get some breakfast.." said Sharon..

In our cafeteria,

Breakfast was served...Pancakes, Eggs to order, Bacon, Sausage, Hash Browns

and hot coffee...

 ''Heyyy Baby.." said Jimmy..
 "Heyy honey..."said a smiling Angie..

who kissed her husband passionately...
 "Awwww how sweet...You made me a plate.."said Sharon..
"Why wouldn't I?" said Hop..

 "Siss, I got some new information back on that gun.."said Hazel..
"Keep it under your hat....The GREAT DETECTIVE Won't be here all day..You can tell me then.."said Sissy..

I sat with Carlotta, Sirena and Tyriq at a separate table..

 "This is sooo nice.." I said..
 "Shame El Baboono will be coming here...This was a nice escape from him.."said Carlotta.
 "I know...Hasn't he got some lawyers to harrass today?" asked Sirena ,jokingly..
"They avoid him too...Damn...I sure wish he was back on that damn boat..."said Tyriq..

FBI agents, DEA Agents and uniformed officers all got their food and sat down....It was quiet for awhile and then Lt. Tragg, flanked by four uniformed officers entered the cafeteria...His presence seemed to suck the life out of what was usually a very loud and lively place..

He zeroed in on Jimmy Barlow..

"BARLOW!!!!I THOUGHT I TOLD YOU TO TAKE A HIKE....YOU'RE SUSPENDED!" he snarled..

"I'm not working...I'm having breakfast with my wife." Jimmy explained..

"Get Out!" he said..

"Heyyy wait a minute...He's having breakfast..We are having breakfast..."said Angie..

"THAT'S RIGHT AND HE'S STAYING!   NOW MOVE ON!"said Sissy..

"I AM A SUPERIOR OFFICER AND I HAVE SPOKEN.."said Lt. Tragg..

"You've held the rank longer than I have...but Superior??? That is very debatable..."said Sissy...

Jimmy cracked up laughing...

Lt. Tragg was a s red as a beet...

"HE STAYS !!, until he's finished his breakfast and that is final...No Debate!!....You can call the Deputy of Operations, The Commissioner or whoever...NOW MOVE ON LIEUTENANT..YOU'RE ONLY HERE TO GET INFO ON THE BROWN MURDER INVESTIGATION...THIS IS STILL MY SHOP!  MOVE ON!" demanded Sissy...

"The Deputy of Operations is going to hear about your blatant disrespect of my position..."said Lt. Tragg as everyone braced for the  battle that they knew was about to explode...

Luckily, it didn't..

We finished our breakfast and he didn't even notice Jimmy, leaving with Sharon and going upstairs..




II-
 He observed Carlotta, Tyriq, Sirena and Hop filing away all of the files concerning about 157 people who were arrested in connection with the case..
 It was a normal procedure followed by all detectives after a major case...
 It did give the impression that we were closing down the case...
 Sissy had talked with us after Lt. Tragg left the day before  and told them to start boxing and filing up most of the casework as a diversionary tactic.
Hop thought this was a good idea...Knowing Lt. Tragg like he did..He would easily get bored with mundane paperwork...

"Good those files are ready to be transferred to Evidence Control....One of you make a call, so that the transport guy stops by here tomorrow." said Sissy.

He did..


 "We are going to CFC Sis....To talk to my informant.."said Duke..
 ''We'll be back shortly..."said Angie..
"Maybe we can make him a deal.." I said..

"Hold It!!I need to be in on this..What informant?? What deal?? "said Lt. Tragg, who followed us..

"With him gone...Now you can tell me what you got Hazel.."said Sissy..

"My guys went over the crime scene again and again..
and here is what we found...

They were both killed with the same gun....but when I did a paraffin test on Mrs. Brown's hands...naturally there was no residue...She was killed first....If it was a murder-suicide...Dallas Brown would have had residue on his hands too..There was none and check this out...We found a latent thumb print on the pistol that belongs to one.. Hank Mobley...A suspected contract killer...Suspect in several murders...Never convicted..."said Hazel..

 "Good...Can we go after him?" said Carlotta..
 ''We'll need a warrant..."said Tyriq
 "Which means we have to inform Lt. Tragg.." said Sirena..
"Damn it.." said Hop..

"I'll call Keith...It won't matter if Tragg knows...At least we got our shooter and in under 48 Hours..Perhaps he'll lead us to the boss." said Sissy.






III-

At Curren Fromhold Correctional Facility...

Duke, Angie and I and Lt. Tragg met with an inmate...Swanky Roberts...

"Okay  Swanky I got word that you wanted to talk...I'm here with my partner
Detective Angela Barlow


 and ADA Keith Wallace and Lt. Tragg, so spill it." said Duke..

"Look , I used to move much product for the Browns...I was their right hand man practically.."said Swanky Roberts..
"Fairy Tales...Come On Duke...He's pulling your chain..."said Angie..."You probably never even met the Browns.."said Angie..

"Ohh Oh Oh Okay, Okay,Okay...I never met em in person...but everybody on the street knew that it was their package we was buying...I drove one of the main trucks...For Little Ricky Newman...You know him...You guys arrested him ….He had about ten corners...He was buying major weight from the Browns.."said Swanky...


"You weren't even in the indictment...You're wasting my time Swanky..."I said.

''All that dope you found in they crib...You know that was planted there right?  People like them..They never go nowhere near the actual stash...They had people to do that...People you done already arrested..and them ledgers you found....That was planted too...They didn't keep stuff like that in they crib...They got set up....and I know why...A New Playa from New York is in town and he wants the action...Ask yourself , how I know this..Ask yourself." said Swanky..

"You know this? Okay, I'm askin, How do you know this?" said Duke.

"Mannnnn please, Everybody on the street knows this!...They was in bed with a fed...Somebody real high up...That's why you coppers couldn't touch them for so long...They had protection.."said Swanky..
"Give us a name."said Angie..

"Get me outta here first..!!..I can't give you a name...but I can lead you in the direction you need to go in..This Fed, made a side deal, a better deal with this cat from New York...and thus..The Browns are out...Brooklyn baby is in... Just like that..Word is, he has the most potent package available...All the hipsters that can , have been goin to Brooklyn to get his package and he's been undercuttin the Brown's."said Swanky..

"I think you're blowin smoke up our ass...A low level punk like you was not even close to the top."said Lt. Tragg.."Come on..Let's go.." he said.

''Closer than you might know..I gotta deal or what?" asked Swanky..

"Let me think on it...I'll get back to you by the end of the day...I promise." I said..
"YOU CAN'T BE SERIOUS!!" said Lt. Tragg..

"You work your side of the street and I'll work my side of the street...I answer only to D.A. Garcetti and if I say go...These Detectives go after whoever is on my charging document." I said..

"WELLLLLL, WE'LL JUST SEE ABOUT THAT!" said Lt. Tragg.
He made a call...I thought at the time it was to the Deputy Of Operations  or Captain Cantrell.., but it was to neither...This was to someone higher up..and it would have murderous consequences..

 "You know...I thought all that dope in the basement and those ledgers out where we could find em looked suspect.."said Duke..
"Me too....Too Easy...especially since we been trying to get these guys almost two years..."said Angie..

"He's blowin smoke up your nose..He doesn't know anything.."said Lt. Tragg..

"That was Sissy...They got a good lead on the Brown's shooter... I'm emailing my Judge friend and getting them a warrant.." I said..

"Hey Hey Hey Hey...Hold up...Who are you about to arrest?" asked Lt. Tragg..

"An Underworld figure named Hank Mobley...A suspect in several contract killings..We think he's our shooter in the Brown Case...You wanted an arrest in under 48 hours...Well here it is." I said.

He made another phone call...This looked like a text... Having him along was a real pain..We didn't feel free to operate.

IV-

TWO HOURS LATER!

At the apartment complex of  Hank Mobley….We found him shot to death!....

Crime Scene Investigators and Forensics people dusted for prints and DNA..

"It sure smells bleachy around here.."said one of them..

"It sure does...Which means we aren't going to find anything." said Hop..

"I talked to all of the residents...Nobody heard anything..."said Sirena..

"The Street cam was disabled.."said Carlotta..

"He was shot twice, once in the chest and once in the head...I suspect by somebody who knew him...There was no forced entry.."said Tyriq..

"I'm guessing the killer used a silencer..."said Hazel...

Sissy sighed..

"He was definitely our shooter....We'll never know who hired him.." said Sissy..


As our likely shooter's body was wheeled out...
and at Curran-Fromhold Correctional Facility...

 "WHAT DO YOU MEAN HE'S DEAD?  WE WERE JUST HERE A FEW HOURS AGO?" said Duke.
 "It was a secret meeting." said Angie..
"This doesn't make any sense..." I said..


"What the hell is wrong with the security around here?" asked Lt. Tragg..

"I'm sorry...The prisoner had lunch and that was the last time he was seen...He was shanked in the laundry room where he worked.." said the Warden..."This is just awful..." said the Warden..

"I'll say.." said a disgusted Duke..
As the body was carted out!



That night...Julie Mallet

 sat in Curley's Bar....She was in a much better mood than she had been days before..
She ordered a round of drinks and gulped them down...She felt a presence around her..She looked up and it was him, Her "Inside Guy"

"Heyyy How ya doin?  Feeling better ?" asked Lt. Tragg..

"Ohhh soo much better...Thanks for your call." she said.
"Yeah once I took control of the investigation they got to goin...Got a snitch and possibly have the shooter...They should be wrapping this thing up tomorrow..Heh heh heh..All they needed was a little push from me and they wrapped it up."laughed Lt. Tragg..

"Ouuuuuu I knew when I met you ,you were a take charge kind of guy...Tee Hee.."she laughed..

"That's me...See, I cut thru the red tape and get to the core of the problem.." bragged Lt. Tragg.

"Ouuuuuu you're turning me onnnnnnnn." said Julie Mallet.

"Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh?" said Lt. Tragg ,staring at her and getting an erection...
He plied her with more drinks...

He slyly snaked his hand under her dress and rubbed her legs and gently rubbed her butt, feeling her silky panties..

''Lieutenant, you're fresh.." she said and unzippered his trousers..running her soft hands across his now engorged erection again...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..I'm fresh too and horny as hell!!" she giggled..

"AWWWWWWWW GEEEZZZZZ!!!!" Lt. Tragg moaned..

''Awwwww lawdd…" he moaned..He was enjoying every minute of this and she seemed to enjoy making him feel so good...

"Why don't we take this to your place Lieutenant?" she giggled and zipped his trousers..

"AWWWWWW YESSSSSSS!" he said..at the point of delirium...

So for the second time they wound up at his house..

 "I could get used to this baby..." said Lt. Tragg..

"Get your clothes off.." she moaned..
He smiled..

''You don't have to ask me  twice baby." he said...

Within the next two hours of conversation they were kissing passionately and wound up in his bedroom
making love for the next EIGHT TO NINE HOURS... The bed was loud and noisy and squeaked loudly...The headboard was slamming hard against the wall...

He had brought her to orgasm at least five times..She was amazed at his stamina...

and later on in the morning on his couch making sweet love for another FOUR HOURS...


"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu" she cooed, sweating hard and having at least two more intense orgasms....

"Thank you Arthur...Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.." she moaned..

The next morning..



They were kissing as Julie was trying to get dressed....

"Thank you sooo much baby.." she said and left his home with a big smile.He had a big smile too as he collapsed on his couch!


The next morning , we managed to get through breakfast without incident..

"Two leads...Two good leads and they're both dead.."said Sissy..

 "You guys had the shooter.."said Duke..
"And we had somebody that told us...A Fed...Somebody real close to us was in partnership with the Browns...At first I thought he was making it up, but now I believe him.."said Angie..

"Too Bad he can't tell us anything.."I said..

 ''We've got to wrap this investigation up today...We've got the shooter.."said Carlotta.
 ''He's dead!!!...A lot of good he will do.."said Tyriq.
 "Somebody didn't want this to go any further.."said Sirena..
''We are dead in the water.."said Hop..

 "Maybe not.....Sissy, We've got something to tell you and it should be for your ears only...
Good Old Tragg isn't here..Let's go upstairs to my office..."said Sharon...
"This investigation has legs on it yet.."said Jimmy.

(CONCLUSION NEXT)








No comments: