Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Strange Sightings

THREE DAYS LATER-


Monica and I were still enjoying our long needed little vacation in the Undersea City of Lemuria..

We were in one of their fashionable malls...

We stopped for breakfast...

 "I promise you'll like the food here honey bunny....

Monique and I looked up eateries before we left...This place serves real food..Not Soy products...but mind you...The prices are naturally higher."said Monica.
"I don't care...Long as the food is real.." I said..

 They had Pancakes...
 Pork Sausage
 Hash Browns made from real potatoes..
and good hot coffee...Not soy Bean Coffee and not Soy Bean Milk...

Naturally it was higher, but worth it...

 "Nate , Most of the people in here are tourists from the surface...Not long time residents."said Monica.
"What long term residents?  Everybody here rents and works 6 months on and 6 months back on the surface." I said.

"Well I'm talking about them...The tourists are people like us...Just here for a few days and the shopping.."said Monica..

 "This is good food...Thanks for looking this place up.."I said as I chowed down..
Monica laughed at me, eating so fast...

"You'rrrrre always welcome partner.." she said softly..

Soon we were kissing passionately...

From a distance...a man was paying his bill , he spotted us..

''What are they doing here? They couldn't possibly know I'm here..Gotta get out of here." He thought to himself

Monica not only heard the thought...She saw the man exiting...

"What's the matter babes?" I asked..

"I heard a thought...A distinct thought.." she said.

"Well you're always hearing thoughts...Didn't they teach you how to tone down all of the many thoughts you can hear and just concentrate on the important thoughts like what I am thinking about you right now?" I asked smiling..

"No serious partner...This was someone we encountered before..I'm almost sure of it.. And he was trying to avoid us...I thought I saw him a few nights ago...but that couldn't be..But I just saw him.."said Monica.

"Who?" I asked..

"I'm not sure.." she said..

"You know what that sounds like?" I said.

"I know.." she said..

She went to look out the window..

but all she saw was the peaceful ,wet ,streets of Lemuria...

II-

On the surface and back in Philadelphia...

Detective Kylie White returned to the squad room...

Lt. Cotton and my sister in law, Dr. Monique Talbert -Cotton were in his office having lunch..Which was each other..


She was sitting on his lap, kissing him passionately...
 "Ohhhh Sugar Baby....Can't you stay another half hour?" he pleaded..

"No Frankie....I gotta go back to work.." she cooed and giggled..


on between more kisses...

There was a knock on his door..

"See? You've got work to do..See ya." she laughed and got up, Straightened her dress out and opened the door..

"HEYYYYYY KYLIE...I missed you...My sister is gone and you were gone...I didn't have any girlfriends to hang out with these past few days.."said Monique..



"Believe me...I would have rather of been here......I miss Mo Mo too..."said Detective Kylie White..

"Well, I gotta go back to work...I'll talk to you guys later.."said Monique...

Lt. Cotton sat behind his desk...He peered at Kylie..

"Well? You find out anything?" he asked..



She had gone to the High Security, Maximum Security Prison, New Devil's Island and interviewed several inmates who had been close to the mutant, Warren Rivers, serving a life sentence for a murder..

"I interviewed with the help of a very Randy Assistant Warden 116 inmates...All friends and associates of Warren Rivers..

Warren taught Math and Reading to inmates ....Can you believe they had a swimming pool there and they let this guy swim and teach swimming?" said Kylie.

"Nate went to school with him... He said he was very athletic and very smart...Almost like a nerd, Only with a well built athletic body and a thing for the ladies.."said Lt. Cotton.

"Yeah, well he was turned down for parole two times...They said he took it well...but he and three other inmates quietly hatched a plot to escape...Now here is where it gets cute...Somebody was putting money on his books...a whole lot of money....I traced the money trail to guess what? A Dummy account in the Caymen Islands...The money was routed from there to Africa, then India and finally to a remote server here in Philly and then to the prison...Whoever this benefactor was, was really careful..but they made a mistake and in tracing it back, I found that the money was coming from, get this...Carron Brokeridge Firm...I'm 100 percent certain of that." said Kylie.

"Carron Brokeridge?? That's where he worked...Remember..?? Oh you weren't on the case...He murdered a girl named Diane Harper who worked there..Killed her in her Manyunk Condo, stripped the body nude, then dove out of the window into the river and swam upstream.
near the University and deposited the corpse, making it look as though she drowned in that area.."said Lt. Cotton..



"I remember the case...My Ex- Wally Becker was working it.."said Kylie..

"Yeah him? I heard he left the force...What is he doing now?" asked Lt. Cotton..


"Besides gettin on my last nerve, calling me up late at night asking me what color my panties were today and asking if he could come over...he's a Private Investigator...He says he makes good money...Works for some lawyer.." said Kylie..

''So you say the money came from there...Carron Brokeridge huh?  You should go over there and do a little digging."said Lt. Cotton.


"I plan to...Why did he kill this girl anyway?" asked Kylie..

''Nate and Monica discovered that apparently somebody there at Carron Brokeridge had been siphoning money out of their accounts for close to a year and a half and to the tune of four million dollars now...It started with small amounts and then it got larger and larger and was spread out to three accounts in the Caymen Islands...

Diane Rivers, his co-worker and the young lady he murdered had been investigating him for the past year..She found out he was stealing money from a few accounts...More than a few in fact and transferring them to dummy accounts in the Caymen Islands...He murdered her to keep his secret from coming out." said Lt. Cotton.



"So why would someone from Carron Brokeridge be putting money on his books?" asked Kylie..

"My guess is they also funded and aided in his escape..and they tipped the authorities off too...We found an anonymous text sent to the Warden and Assistant Warden... They never planned for all three of those guys to escape...One co-conspirator was caught before the guys even left the prison and the other two were caught shortly after they set sail...My theory is that a Mini Sub was waiting for Warren Rivers...Check into that...see if any rentals were made the week of that escape and who rented it?  He had help, most definitely."said Lt. Cotton.


"Yeah, but who? Why??" asked Kylie.

'' Young Detective...That's your job to find out.." said Lt. Cotton.

III-


Monica and I walked through an Underwater Zoo and Aquarium....

 ''Wow I've never seen anything like this...I gotta get a lot of photos." I said, snapping photos left and right.

I turned to see Monica staring at me and smiling..

"What?" I asked.
"You have that cute , little boy look of wonder on your face...Like the whole world is new..I find that so adorable.." she said,laughing..

"Really?  HOW ADORABLE DO YOU FIND IT?" I asked raffishly...

We wound up back in our hotel room...


I slipped her panties down and off and gently turned her over and slowly entered her....

 "Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Nate....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..you are sooo bad!" she moaned...

Soon the bed was squeaking and the headboard was softly slamming against the wall..We were making sweet love...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, goood lord...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Nate." screamed Monica.... The bed was rocking from side to side....the springs were squeaking and the headboard was slamming up against the wall...once again.. 

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my godddd..This is what I was waiting for..." I yelled out....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ,Ohhhh Nate..I was wondering for a minute..ouuuuuuuu..." she moaned...in between wet, sloppy kisses..

"OHHHHHHHHHHH....You ..you are driving me out of my mind..." I howled as we showed no sign of stopping..

We had been making sweet love for over FOUR HOURS


... Monica laughed and pulled me to her, kissing me more passionately than before..I felt like I was going to explode right then and there!

Another FOUR  HOURS  passed by and finally,



Monica began to sweat profusely and tears just came streaming from her eyes...

 ''Oh My God Nate...Ouuuuuuuuuuuu." she moaned..
She lie on top of me, breathing deeply ,drenched in sweat and I Lie beneath her ,holding on for dear life...trying to catch my breath...

Fully showered and dressed again, we were back out in the undersea city of Lemuria..


We found another place my sister in law

Monique had suggested...

 That had great Taco's Fajitas..
and good beer...

 "They've got something for everyone here.." I said.





"Amazing isn't it?" said Monica.



Later that afternoon, we found a pleasent little undersea cantina..

 Where they served the thickest juiciest steaks...
and great beer..

 "Mannn I love this vacation...



"I love it too!  I love it..because I'm all alone with you.."said Monica..

"That's why I love it.." I said..
''Damn it...They're everywhere I am...They must be shadowing me...I"ve got to get out of here.." thought the man..who quickly paid his bill and exited..

 "Nate honey...I heard that thought....And I know I've heard it before and at least twice since we've been in Lemuria.."said Monica..
I had been partners with Monica long enough not to doubt her...I knew she could hear thoughts and feel emotions and I knew she had incredible intuition...I don't know if that was part of her powers or not, but I trusted her..I followed her..

We looked out the window..


The mysterious man had eluded us once again...
 "Know what I think?"  Somebody we once busted is down here too and trying to avoid us." I said.




"I think you're right....I would call top side and see if any of our old foes has been paroled or released from prison...but...We are on vacation...No work right partner?"said Monica..


"That's right and you are my training officer...I follow your lead."I said...  Monica had been my training officer when I first joined Homicide...My probation period was long over..but I still reffered to her as my "Training Officer.."

"All I'm training you in now of days is sex." she joked..

''Well I'm always down for some residual training..." I said laughing raffishly...

And so after a great meal...We wound up back in our hotel room.. SIX TO SEVEN HOURS of mind blowing sex had drifted breezily by this afternoon..

"Ouuuuuu Nate, this is a whole lot of sex we've been having......Ouuuuuuuuu my goodness.." moaned Monica as we were once again in the throes of passion..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrll..." I moaned..

I couldn't get enough of her and she couldn't get enough of me...

''Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm , ohhhhh husband...you are doin the damn thing...Ohhhhhhh." Monica cooed..

Out of the corner of our eyes we saw the impossible..

A man swimming by.....

But that was impossible at this depth...Impossible or was it?

We both looked out the window...


The man we both knew we had seen was gone!!! Only fish were swimming by... Scuba Divers weren't allowed in this part...The Honeymoon part for the privacy of the patrons , such as us..

A FEW HOURS LATER...

 "You saw him didn't you?" said Monica..
"Yes I did.."I said..

 ''Without proper Scuba Gear, No Man could survive swimming at this depth..."said Monica.
"But a mutant could..." I said.

 "And we only know one mutant with powers like that."said Monica..
"But he's in prison, serving a life sentence isn't he?" I asked.

"Is he?" asked Monica.

IV-

ONE DAY LATER-

And at home..Detective Kylie White reports to Lt. Cotton

"I interviewed 121 of their employees and did background and financial checks on all of them...They're all clear and alibied out...So clearly if someone is siphoning money from one of their accounts to the prison...It's not a current employee..."said Kylie..
"Could be a former employee...Someone who unknown to them still has access...Go back there. Find out if anybody recently left that may not have turned in their access card and that might still have access to their accounts... Check em thoroughly Kylie...we have to find a connection.."said Lt. Cotton.

 ''Still ,why would somebody there help him escape?" asked Kylie..
''Something we never looked into once he was in custody for murder...that maybe he had a partner..A partner that wants his piece of that action...That money he siphoned..We stopped the bleeding, but we never recovered the cash.."said Lt. Cotton.

"Whatever money he may have embezzled was insured.." said Kylie..

"Yeah, but never found...We are talking about millions in some Caymen Islands account that hasn't been accessed...This partner may want his piece of the action..

And in an Undersea Bar in Lemuria..

''Well Fishman, at last we meet... I had to reach out to get the access code to the account you have in the Caymen Islands and reroute it through several countries to put money on your books and to bribe a couple of guards into giving your pals that equipment they used to escape.."said a balding man with a graying goatee...

"You also made the anonymous call that tipped off the Warden too huh?" laughed Warren Rivers.

"Yup and per my instructions...I left a mini sub for you...right where I told you it would be..Sorry you had to swim so far out...but I wanted no chance of you being caught...And you've made your way to Lemuria and here we are.." said the man..

"Thank you Raoul..."said Warren Rivers..

''So it comes down to what I want....You're safe and free and I spent three million...roughly over that to assure your freedom..I in turn would like Six million dollars in cold cash as my payment.." he said.

"Raoul it's as good as done...but we got a problem."said Warren Rivers..

"What Problem? No one knows you're here...The Philly coppers and the FBI are looking for you topside ,not here...I've been checking the news and the police reports.."said Raoul..

"They know...They'e just keeping it under their hats...Two detectives are here...The two who sent me up...Nat Nellis and Monica Talbert, I saw em here..Twice...They're looking for me.." said Warren Rivers.

"You mean Nate and Monica Nellis...They've gotten married since you've been locked up and officially they are here on Vacation...They don't even know you've escaped if I know right...I did my research..I've left no stone unturned..Now you got 24 hours to get me my money or every cop in the deep blue sea will know where you are...Feel me?" said Raoul..

"Yeah man...I -I feel you."said Warren Rivers...

and back at our hotel room..

Monica looked over at me from her computer..

 "Our suspicions are correct Honey Bunny....Warren Rivers and three other men made an escape from New Devils Island, Maximum Security prison last month.. All three of his co-conspirators were captured.. He dove off the home made raft they made and swam into the bay and then out into the ocean...His body wasn't found...He is presumed dead!"said Monica.
"Presumed Dead? They have no idea of this man's strength and power..." I said.

"But we do love....We do!" said Monica.

(TO BE CONTINUED)






No comments: