Monday, August 29, 2022

Chicklet

Sepia and Bonita looked over the new units of housing that had just been constructed.....



"Mr. Jerkins, your construction company did a fabulous job" said Bonita..


"Yesssss... it is gorgeous...." said Sepia.



"I'm glad you are pleased Mrs. Foxworth and Mrs. Morris. I hope to do more business with you.." said a very happy Frank Jerkins.. he owned a construction company, which finished building the new houses, which Sepia, Bonita, Clerow and Owen Todd hoped to sell...  "I hear there is a big market in this area and your Real Estate Company has just about closed the door to any competition." he said, smiling broadly...  He had heard the Real Estate Company was called Foxworth and Morris and was extremely successful... He thought it was run by two Jewish men... He was shocked when he found it ,it was run by two African American Women, JoAnne ''Sepia" Morris, my wife and Bonita Turner Foxworth...

For the past two  and a half years, My wife Sepia had been attending law school at Middleton School Of Law in Bayside...To get a J.D. in Real Estate Law.. She was just months away from her degree...


And Bonita Turner Foxworth had an MBA in Business Administration and a Real Estate Degree from Temple University.

Quite Impressive...


"You have a tan Mr. Jerkins...I heard you were in Florida...Did you have a good time?" asked Sepia.


"Ohhhhh yes...I met some uh friends of yours...Some lawyers, Olivia Bennett-Alexander, Yvette Jones...They uh were in the hotel with me... It was about 28 people with them....We came back on the plane together." laughed Frank Jerkins.

"I know them quite well....I sold every last one of them their homes." said Sepia..


"WOWWWWWWWW!" he said..  His old attitudes about Black people were beginning to change...Here lately he had met educated and successful Black people who were nothing like the stereotypes he had held for a lifetime... He was suddenly ashamed of himself...The ones on the trip in Florida and these two women were all nice people...All smart people...Nicer than he himself had been.

''Let's take a walk to the end of the block." said Bonita.

"Here is some coffee's " said an assistant who ran up to them...

They walked down the street, marveling at the newly built homes....At the corner of the block, they made a grisly discovery...


A  young man, a young man who looked to be of Arabic descent lay in a pool of blood... He looked like he had been shot multiple times... he was obviously dead..very dead..

"OHHHHHHHH MYYY GODD!!!" screamed Bonita...
"GEEEEEEEEEEZ!"exclaimed a shocked Frank Jerkins...
"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MYYYYY GODDDDD!" screamed Sepia.

She got on her phone... She called me.




I'm Kevin Morris..I head a Communications Conglomerate...Morris Communications...Satellite Television and Radio stations, Podcasts, Blogs, Social Media management, Print and on line Newspapers and Magazines, A Satellite music and movie streaming services among other things.. I even have a part time ownership in a recording studio....and a film studio that produces music videos and commercials. That's my day job.

In the sub-basement of this building is


Morris Investigations...  I have a staff of 39 properly vetted Administrative Assistants, and 10 licensed operatives, all with backgrounds in the Intelligence world, former CIA, Former FBI, Former Homeland Security and one former KGB....all assisting me, Kevin Morris, a licensed Private Investigator and husband of Realtor and law student, Sepia Morris.


"Kevin...It's Chicklet....he's been murdered....Please come..." said Sepia.,.


"WHAT????? DEAD???? Alright...I'm on my way....Call the police... Call 911!" I said.

Yes...it was times like this.. When my normal life, when our normal lives take a sideways turn..


Chicklet Dead!!! I had done everything in my power to avoid this from happening... And yet it had...


II-

"He was hit with at least 7 bullets...I put the time of death at about an hour, an hour and a half ago.." said a Crime Scene Investigator.. as a photographer snapped photos of him..

''So Much blood.." said Dr. Hazel Baylor.
''You guys didn't see or hear anything?" asked Dr. Marcy Martin.

"No, we haven't been here that long..." said Sepia..
"We arrived about a half hour ago...We were at the other corner....These are newly built homes that we plan to sell.." said Bonita.

"I am uh the head of the construction company that built them...I was giving them a tour when we found the body at the other corner.." said Frank Jerkins.


"I know him...His name was Amwar... Amwar Chakir...We called him Chicklet..." I said.  He worked for me from time to time...At first as an informant....then later on I gave him a job at my office, Janitor and gofer...I knew he had had trouble... he had served 8 months in the county lock up before I met him.. I was trying to keep him from going back to jail..That was why I gave him employment.. To keep this from happening." said Kevin.


"It's not your fault Kevin...You did what you could for him." said Hazel, rubbing my back.


"Your Husband is a P.I.?" asked Frank Jerkins, simply amazed.

"He is.. He owns Morris Communications and Investigations..He heads a Communications Conglomerate...Morris Communications...Satellite Television and Radio stations, Podcasts, Blogs, Social Media management, Print and on line Newspapers and Magazines, A Satellite music and movie streaming services among other things.. He even has a part time ownership in a recording studio....and a film studio that produces music videos and commercials. That's his day job. He also runs an agency,Morris Investigations...  He has a staff of 39 properly vetted Administrative Assistants, and 10 licensed operatives, all with backgrounds in the Intelligence world, former CIA, Former FBI, Former Homeland Security and one former KGB....all assisting him." said Sepia proudly... "he paid for my college, Associates and Bachelor's degree and he's paying for me to go to law school now." said Sepia, beeming with pride.
 

''You two got any kids?"


"One daughter." said Sepia.

''That's nice!  That's great."said Frank Jerkins..


Lt. Danny Ho walked up...

"Hey everybody." he said.



"Heyyy Danny....I heard you and everybody went to Florida on Rollie's dime." I said laughing.

"Kevin , it was gorgeous... Sandy beaches...Beautiful blue clear ocean water...Oh my god and the food!
Rollie knows how to hook a person up.. He uh owns part of that hotel we stayed at...So we didn't have to pay for our rooms, Just our airfare....And there was the Hotel Restaurant and another spot on the beach, served good food and drink and at reasonable prices too." said Danny.

He then looked at the body..


''Damn...Chicklet..he was my informant." said Danny..


"He was mine too! I gave him a job at my building, Janitorial...Running to grab us Lunch and what have you..." I said.

Hazel was at first relieved that Danny and I were here and not Lieutenant Tragg, but that was short lived..


"What have we got here?" he said, walking up...



"Male, aged 28, 7 gunshot wounds....Lots of blood...That's the short of it." said a CSI guy..

''What's his name?" asked Lt. Tragg.
''Whoa...Hold up... This is my case.. His name is Amwar,Amwar Chakir. We called him Chicklet...He was my informant..." said Lt. Danny Ho.


"I believe I am the superior officer here...I have seniority...THAT MAKES IT MY CASE Lieutenant." said Lt. Tragg.
Hazel sighed...She despised Lt. Tragg.

So did I...


"WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE MORRIS?" he snarled..



"I identified the body...He worked for me...He was a janitor at my agency. I last saw him on Friday afternoon." I said.



"Okay, you've identified the body, you can go now.." said Lt. Tragg.
''We discovered the body..."said Bonita.
"Our real estate company commissioned Mr. Jerkins construction company to build these units..
for sale.

"We were at the other end of the block...We didn't hear or see anything Lieutenant!" said Frank Jerkins.

''Alright, give the officers over there a statement and you can all go.. We'll be in touch." said Lt. Tragg
"Hey, hey ,hey, hey heyyyyyy, whoaaaa. Slow your roll, this is my case...You can't come in here and steam roll over me..."said a now angry Lt. Danny Ho.

"AS I EXPLAINED TO YOU...I HAVE SENIORITY AND I AM THE SUPERIOR OFFICER HERE...THERE FOR...THIS IS MY CASE!" bellowed Lt. Tragg.

"WHAT ARE YOU SUPERIOR AT?? SCREWING UP, PEEPING IN A WOMAN'S WINDOW IN PENSAUKEN AND GETTING YOURSELF ARRESTED, WHEN YOU GOT OR RATHER YOU HAD A GORGEOUS BLONDE LIKE ASSISTANT DISTRICT ATTORNEY JILL JONES

 ALL ALONE AT NIGHT?? OR GETTING ARRESTED THE SAME NIGHT FOR BAMMING ON THE DOOR OF OLIVIA BENNETT-ALEXANDER... 

DOES SHE GIVE YOU A BONER OR SOMETHING?  GRANTED SHE IS A GORGEOUS BABE,,BUT SHE'S MARRIED...HOW MANY TIMES HAVE YOU BEEN BUSTED FOR VIOLATING C& D CONCERNING HER??? AND THEN THREE DAYS LATER YOU GET BUSTED FOR A DUI and a CRASH???"


"  I THINK YOU BETTER LET LT. HO HANDLE THIS INVESTIGATION." said Sgt. Lenny Brecker of Robbery-Homicide.


Several of the Officers present were snickering ,thinking about Lt. Tragg's latest mishaps..





Including Myself, Hazel, Dr. Martin and Sepia.


Lt. Tragg was as  red as a beet...He didn't like being embarrassed and especially by an officer of lower rank..

"Who are you?" he snarled..

"He's Detective Sgt. Lenny Brecker.. He transferred over from Vice... He just got promoted.."said Danny Ho.



"IS THIS HOW YOU TALK TO A SUPERIOR OFFICER IN VICE??...BECAUSE YOU ARE IN ROBBERY-HOMICIDE NOW...AND I WON'T STAND FOR IT!" snarled Lt. Tragg.

"Yeah? Well Assistant District Attorney Jill Jones sure liked it and stood for it last night when I was banging her.." snarled Sgt. Brecker...

"THAT DID IT!" said Lt. Tragg, who belted him in the stomach and then socked him in the jaw...


Sgt Brecker hit him in his face with 17 lefts and 17 rights....and socked him in his jaw, sending him sliding into a parked car and down on the ground..


Lt. Tragg got to his feet and hit Sgt Brecker with 18 lefts and 18 rights to his face and delivered an uppercut to his stomach that knocked the wind out of him and sent him crashing to the ground...

Sgt Brecker got to his feet quickly and threw two haymakers that missed completely... Lt. Tragg threw two haymakers of his own that also missed...


The two men grabbed each other in the collar and belted each other relentlessly several times in front of the shocked onlookers before...




before Danny Ho and I and Mr. Jerkins got in between them and seperated them....


"You knocked my tooth out you freak." screamed Sgt. Lenny Brecker..


"Good, it'll remind you to keep your smart mouth shut.." snarled Lt. Tragg....Lt. Tragg's perfect hair was all over the place, his shirt was out of his pants...his tie was loose, his suit jacket was torn... Both of his eyes were nearly swollen shut and blackened.. His nose was bleeding and his lip was swollen...He looked a mess.


Detective Sgt. Lenny Brecker was no better, ..His hair was all over the place,  his shirt was out of his pants...his tie was loose, his suit jacket was torn... Both of his eyes were nearly swollen shut and blackened.. His nose was bleeding and his lip was swollen...He too looked a mess.


''Stand Down Detective!!!!...Go get yourself cleaned up." said Lt. Danny Ho..


''Yes sir." said Detective Sgt. Brecker..


"I'm gonna have a serious talk with you later Lieutenant Ho about teaching your detectives respect for my rank and my position." said Lt. Tragg, storming out.....


''Well, they both succeeded in contaminating this crime scene... It's blood and DNA from both of them and the victim all over the place." said Hazel..

''Wrap him up, get him out of here." said Lt. Danny Ho.

"Okay guys, you heard him." said Dr. Marcy Martin.


We watched as the body was placed in a white body bag, strapped to a gurney and rolled over to the M.E.'s wagon for transfer to the morgue...


"Could you meet me in a half hour ,so we could talk in private?" said Lt. Danny Ho..


"Sure Danny." I said.


III-


Danny Ho and I met at a rooftop restaurant...



They served some of the best Pasta in the city..

"I had known Danny Ho since he was a Detective Sgt... I met him through our mutual friends,









Lieutenant Sissy Van Buren and her detectives of the Criminal Investigation Division... Detectives Carlotta Rodriguez-Wallace, James "Jimmy" Barlow, Tyriq Pile, Edwin "Duke" Baylor, Sirena Pile,Tony Hopkins and Angie Belton-Barlow.. They told me Danny could be trusted...So I confided in him.. He is one of only a few people who know that I am a confidential informant also , Helping them crack many cases.


"I know that Chicklet was your informant on the street with many of your investigations.. He was also mine too!.. After he did 8 months in County jail, I was happy to see him get a straight job with you..He had a nice apartment too and had just recently bought a car.. he was doing alright... He had recently given me some information on five serious heist guys... They were responsible for about 10 jewelry store heists and a major home invasion as well as the hijacking of an appliance truck and the murder of a driver..  Chicklet put me on to the members of this gang...

They were slick...every jewelry store robbery went off without a hitch...No fingerprints, no DNA, and so smooth I figured they had to be an inside job...Only they weren't...A shot caller was giving them schematic designs of the places they were to rob, the alarm systems and everything...he gave me their names and where they lay their heads and also the location of the murder weapon...

Robbery-Homicide not only captured four members of the crew, but they hadn't gotten rid of all the swag yet...We recovered some of it...about a third,cash money, tools of the trade and the murder weapons.. we had em cold... They didn't know the identity of the shot caller...Only their leader did and he was wanted for murdering the truck driver..

We found him....Shot to death....

The crew was down...but we didn't know the identity of the shot caller... Then Cricket came through for me big time... He gave me a name... he said that this shot killer was paying another man, who he didn't know for the schematic designs of these places..He didn't know his name.. and he also said there was a rumor that a cop, a dirty cop was in this guy's employ...again...He didn't have a name...but he had enough....

Unfortunately, somebody was on to him... and they shot him to death...so my trail is dry." said Danny Ho.


"You said he gave you a name...What was the name of the alleged shot caller.?" I asked.

"Charlie Parmenter..." said Danny Ho.


"I've heard of him.... A new playa.. but I don't know too much about him....he spends his days in a diner.. Taking phone calls on multiple phones like a big deal. He doesn't appear to work anywhere." I said.


"He doesn't and we can't touch him...He's clean...No priors. Not even juvie...He doesn't work..Yet he has three bank accounts in the city with assets totaling 6 million and a real fancy condo in midtown...Doesn't associate, at least not in public with any known hoods like the crew we just took down, but that's the name Chicklet gave me and he was always on the money with everything he gave me.. I asked you here Kevin because I know your nose and ears are closer to the streets than anyone..Any help you can give us would be appreciated... That prick Lt. Tragg is going to try to pull me off this case soon... but I'm going to try and go around him...So you understand...I urgently need whatever you can get me on Charlie Parmenter.. You just come to me and only me.. And don't make it known.. Chicklet said a dirty cop is in his employ....It's got to be someone in my shop...I have no idea who it is...but I've got to tread carefully on what information I let out." said Danny Ho.



''I understand....I'm on it.. Don't worry." I said and we finished our meal.


At the Apartment complex of Assistant District Attorney  Jill Jones... There is a loud knocking on the door.


''Arthur...!! What happened to you??" asked ADA Jill Jones..

"I was fighting with your boyfriend..." snarled an angry Lt. Tragg.


"MY BOYFRIEND??? WHO??" asked ADA Jill Jones, incredulous..


''A newly minted Detective Sgt. Lenny Brecker.." said Lt. Tragg.


"Lenny?? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA That's wishful thinking on his part....but I'm not his anything... We worked a successful case together a few weeks back... He's asked me out for drinks about three times.. I had drinks with him once..but that was it.."said Jill.


''You two never slept together???"asked Lt. Tragg....


''Noooooooooo...He's never even been here...He's asked to come over here...but as of yet , He hasn't been here.. He said he slept with me?? Wowwwwwwwww...I can't believe he is that immature., Well he certainly never will now... He acts like a High school frat boy....Come in....let me put some ice on your face, It's all swollen.." she said and let Lt. Tragg into her apartment..

She took a cold steak and put it on his face, to ease the swelling....

''Your lips are so swollen you can't even kiss me." she laughed..

She unzippered his trousers....

"Ouuuuuu something else is thick too!" she said and slipped his trousers off...



He slipped her dress off.


"AWWWWWWWWWWW....UMMMMMM..VA VA VA VOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" he moaned..

"You were actually jealous.. That means you want to be my boyfriend doesn't it?" she asked..

"YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" he moaned..

Slipping her panties down...


Despite his swollen lips...He kissed her soft buttery lips.....

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Lieutenant! " she moaned as they kissed passionately....

"OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH VA VA VA VOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!" he cried out..


He bent her over the sink...


"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.......OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GODDDDDDDDD!" she moaned. She was having an intense orgasm already! Her body trembling..


"AWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW..VA VA VA VOOOOOOOOOOOM!" he moaned.

"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!" she moaned..  They were on her kitchen floor really going at it....


"Arthur....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Arthurrrrr...." she cooed as they sat on her bed,,, 

They went in her bedroom and made sweet love for the next NINE TO TEN HOURS.

She admired his stamina. He admired hers...She was driving him to near delirium...



"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.......OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GODDDDDDDDD!" she moaned. She was having another intense orgasm! Her body trembling...

"UMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" he moaned.


"OUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU.......OHHHHHHHHHHHHHH GODDDDDDDDD!" she moaned. She was having another intense orgasm! Her body trembling...


"Ouuuu Arthur that felt good...but you gotta go...I gotta go to work in the morning....Ummmmmmm, call
me." said Jill Jones at the door sometime later.


She gave him a sweet kiss and eased him out the door...There was no return sex this morning..


Lt. Tragg walked out into the early morning air... Still swollen from yesterday's fight, but feeling a hell of a lot better.



IV-



In the sub-basement of Morris Communications...The secret headquarters of my agency, Morris Investigations...


I looked up all the information I could get on Charlie Parmenter..


Charles Parmenter, born and raised in Lower Merion, PA. 

Graduated from Lower Merian High

Studied Business Administration at Philadelphia Community College.

Left a huge endowment by his father.,...Invested well in Bitcoin and other things..

Net Worth 6.5 million dollars.


Lives in plush condo downtown....


Drives a BMW...

No criminal record....

Rumored to set up scores... Jewelry store robberies, Home Invasions, Truck Hijackings, Car Thefts eta l

Has ties with several Russian Mob figures...



Peeping Tom, Lockpick Johnson and my other 8 operatives and modern technology had done a good job of getting me the information I needed..

The five members of his crew were all on ice..Four were in prison with no knowledge of Parmenter and the one person, who did know his identity was murdered...


He spends his days in a local diner, eating and taking calls on




Three burner phones....phones the police can't get up on... He changes the sim card daily...How careful is he...


Several of my operatives sat in a car with tinted windows and photographed him daily and kept track of his movements...

So far ,after a week, there was nothing to report...



I met Danny with Sissy on the roof of CID Headquarters...


"He drives to that diner every morning like clockwork..  Here are photos of him.. He talks on three phones daily...They're all burners...If I could get up on those phones I'd know more.. he eats all three meals there. Then around 7:00 pm, he leaves.. He drives back to his condo.. He entertains three girls who come on different nights.. My next move is get inside that condo and wire it for sound and video..Maybe something will come through then." I said.


"I took the plain clothes detail off of him... I'm trying to flush out the dirty cop in my shop." said Lt. Danny Ho.


"I've got an undercover plain clothes man in Robbery-Homicide and a tap on everybody's phones..Cell and landline.." said Sissy.


''We'll do what we can... We'll get him." I said.

But I didn't say that with as much as conviction as I had before.

(TO BE CONTINUED)

No comments: