Tuesday, August 9, 2022

Fresh Eyes

Beverly and Bresha were at the Bridge Building..They had called a meeting of our friends in Yvette's office.. 





We needed help and we only had a day to complete the task.

''We only have one day...to get this done... Josie and my husband have already started..."said Beverly

''We figure with fresh eyes , we can find collectively something we missed, the first go around."said Bresha.

"I can close the office tomorrow and we can all work remotely at your auntie's place Beverly." said Yvette smiling... She looked at Beverly and remembered the young teenaged girl who used to come up to PENN to visit her and her aunt, when they were room-mates at PENN LAW SCHOOL, who looked up to her like she was a second Auntie..

Hard to believe she had grown up and become an attorney herself , was married and her auntie's right hand man or woman in her law firm...She was so proud of Beverly...


And Bresha ,A fresh faced intern who reminded her so much of her and Olivia when they were starting out, who she had nurtured, was now a valued associate attorney at Olivia's firm...She was proud of both of these young ladies..

''We could use a day off.." I said, smiling.
"It's not a day off..We'll be working remotely..." said Bee Bee..
"As well as working on this case..." said Sofia.
"Yeah but even working remotely is like a holiday when we're at your place Beverly..
Jade smiled..

It was true...They loved coming to our shop, for any reason...Ours was the fun house on the block!

"Count me in...This is Jessica's case huh?  You guys were involved in the Ballard trials and really couldn't give it the attention it deserved..  He's two days away from execution...We gotta work fast." said Dabnis, who realized the seriousness of it. "I'll be working remotely tomorrow." he said.
''Me too! Tell Liv, we'll be over tonight." said Jazzy.
''Yeah we will too!" said Ray.
"Poor Jessie..She's really up against the wall.."said Kayla..


Speaking of up against the wall, Bresha and her husband, Tony Billips were standing up against the wall kissing passionately...

"You gonna work remotely with us tomorrow baby?" Bresha asked in her girlish voice..
"I'm going back with you right now!" 

Tony whispered in between soft sweet kisses.





Back at our house..
"This is a lot of materials, Three Boxes worth... I'm so sorry we weren't able to fully give our attention to this when we got it..We were so busy working on the Ballard Case." said Nelson..
''We spent half the time looking at this and the other half working on the Ballard Case." said Josie.
"I know...Is it any wonder we had to go through four trials?  That's why I got us some help..Starting tomorrow, We'll have some Fresh Eyes." said Olivia.

"No Auntay, starting right now!!!.I told them tomorrow, They insisted on coming now and starting." said a triumphant Beverly...as she and Bresha walked in the door with re-enforcements'..

"They're ready to start right now and they're coming in tomorrow morning to work remotely from here." said Bresha.
"We are here for you Ms. Liv." said Tony...
" I couldn't leave my girl hanging on a limb." said Yvette, hugging Olivia.

"Vettie girl, you never have...You've always been there for me." said Olivia in near tears,hugging her best friend.

"We're going to start right now and work with you tomorrow." said Bee Bee.
"Just show us where to get started." said Sofia.
''Where is Donnie Ray?" asked Jade.
"Probably out doing some investigating work.." said Keith.
''Well let's get to this." said Kahlil.
"I used to know a lil somethin about law...Let me take a look." said Virginia Shaw, Yvette's new Office manager, who was once a high powered attorney herself.


"Let me at least get you guys some coffee." said Alfreda.

Dabnis and Jazzy stopped in..
''We went home first, but we are here. and we'll be here tomorrow." said Dabnis.
"Yes Liv, you just tell us what you need." said Jazzy...

''Hi Cousins...We are here...Just show us what you need for us to do.."said Kayla.
"You know me...I'm always of service to the Bennett Women." said Ray..

"You know what? I tend to believe you Ray." said Beverly, smiling.
Olivia just shook her head and smiled..  She was overwhelmed at the love and support of her neighbors and friends..


II-


Paris came by from work 



with Pizza and Cokes for Everybody...



Alfreda had Hot coffee for everybody...

And we divided the work up....







Beverly, Nelson, Olivia, Josie ,Bresha and Tony worked on one box...








Yvette,  Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil, Jade and Virginia took another box





Jazzy, Dabnis, Kayla and Ray looked at the rest...



Even Rockland and Jetty put their legal minds to work, going over this case...Making notes..


I was surprised to see the lights on in the office when I got back...And even more surprised to see all of these people in the office, sifting through the boxes of trial transcripts and evidence and eating Pizza and drinking coffee and sodas..

"It's kinda like a big slumber party over here tonight." said Yvette's husband, Gary, who stopped by with
Danny Ho, 




Jade's husband..


"Yeah I see.." I said.,

The Good thing was that with the exception of Virginia, 


who lived six blocks away..


Everybody lived across the street


or down the street.

Olivia was on the phone with Jessica..

"We are all over here going through the transcripts of this trial and making notes Jessica.. Everybody is going to be here tomorrow...I'm going to have that Addendum ready for you as soon as possible and I'll send it to you electronically." said Olivia.
''WOWWW!  Thank you...I can't believe everybody took time out from their lives to help me..I am so moved." said Jessica, who was tearing up over the phone."
"Now Now..Don't cry, you've got to be strong for your client..We are doing what we do...We are all here for you." said Yvette.

Everybody worked until midnight and then went home.


"Did You find Haley?" asked Olivia.


"I did...I'm going to talk to her and get her on that train to the prison tomorrow." I said.

Olivia stared out the window....There was a full moon on the horizon...The streets were empty... We had had a pretty amazing day... All of our friends coming over to help out...They had given us a head start..
I walked up behind her,put my arms around her and hugged her..
"I know you're worried...but I think I got this...I think between me and everybody who are helping We can Jessie  out of this.."I said..

''You mean Jessie's client, Mr. Cutler  out of this..His life is on the line.  You always look out for me....Where would I be without you?" she asked..
"Oh you'd still  be a successful attorney...Just with far less orgasms.."I joked..

''You are so nasty.." she laughed...and kissed  me.. "But you have a point about far less orgasms though. Nasty guy..." she said and smiled...
"But I like a nasty guy..." she cooed...in between soft kisses..

Olivia looked ravishing in her  white white slip dress as we sat across our bed in our room that afternoon...She had bought that from Victoria's Secret ,when we had been in San Francisco ..I loved it....and she knew it...


I could see her panties clearly through it, it was so sheer.

"Stop staring so hard..." she said..

"Can't help that..."I said...

She eyed my trousers which were standing out like a circus tent...

"Can't help THAT either!" she said pointing at me and laughing..

"Myyyyyy goodness Donnie Ray..."she exclaimed..

"No, I suppose I can't..."I said...

"I suppose I should take care of that.." she said softly...
"Could you please?" I asked softly...
''Ohhhhhh,I suppose I can.." she said and rubbed her soft fingers across my lips..
"I'd very much like that.."I said..

''Well get your clothes off and get over here and let me show you." she said as she walked toward the bedroom...

Olivia laughed at how fast I was getting out of my clothing...

"Oh My...Ouuuu  Donnie Ray..... Look at youuuuuu, ouuuuuuu, you have been missin mama.." she said..

I was fully erect and hard...It had been a few nights...


 She smelled like a new born baby and had skin as soft as one...She kissed me slowly,softly.....




''Calm down..Calm down...It's all good.."she said..

"Yes..Yes it is.."I said.

My boxers stood out like a tent and she smiled...

"Oh my goodness...Look at youuuuu!...." she said...

"I guess you can uh tell I'm a little excited" I said.

"Most definitely.....Wowzers..wouuuuuu, look at you.Ohhh myyyy..More than just a little" she said holding her hand over her mouth and laughing.....

I had a raging erection that I had successfully hidden up until now...She smiled at me...I pulled her to me and began kissing her passionately... She stroked it gently and smiled at me...

"Ummmmm come here." she said softly.....

She fondled me softly and gently,which was driving me crazy...I licked and sucked her breasts...Which was doing the same to her...But she didn't say a word...She opened her mouth a little, but no sounds came out..


"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mister Alexanderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my goodnesss.........ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."she moaned....

"Damn girl...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh." I moaned myself..
Olivia straddled me on the bed... , We continued kissing...laughing ,silently....She kissed my neck, my chest, my cheeks and finally my lips...I kissed her breasts and her neck...finally, I was entering her luscious body....

"Oh My God....Oh my goddddddddddddd.."I moaned....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mister Alexanderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..............ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my goodnesss.........ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.."she moaned....

Moving in and out slowly....Olivia moved up and down slowly....We both wanted to cry out..but we couldn't...

"Oh My God....Oh my goddddddddddddd.."I moaned....

Olivia laughed......

The bed squeaked a little bit , we smiled at each other......She began licking my neck and sucking on it,which made me begin moving deeper and deeper into her warm and wet lusciousness.......

''Baby,All day long, you were all I thought about..."I said..

"I missed you too!" she said...

She continued kissing me..

She kept moving up and down and then from side to side...The bed was rocking and slamming against the wall...We slowed down a bit...She looked like she was climaxing...I slowed down immensely and moved in a little harder.....She let out a soft  whisper...




"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...Yesssss..Mister Alexander....Ohhhhh"she moaned...

''Yes...yessssssssssssssss...ouuu, " I moaned..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu."she cried out!

The bed squeaked a little bit more ,but nowhere near like our old one...

"Mrs. Alexander...You are one naughty girl...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."I moaned..

"Naughty is sexy!"said Olivia.

"No argument there Mrs. Alexander....ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..." I said.


 We kept on at it for another FIVE to SIX HOURS...We couldn't seem to get enough of each other....We managed to climax together...holding each other tightly..and breathing heavy...Kissing each other as if it were going out of style.


"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Mr. Alexander...ouuuuuuuu that was soooo nice." said Olivia in between wet sloppy kisses...

"Yes lord....Yesss lord Mrs. Alexander...."I said.

She giggled and ran her index finger across my lips...

"Oh My God Donnie Ray, that was awesome..Whoooooo."whispered Olivia..Her legs were shaking...She was climaxing hard....

"Ohhhhh my lord!" she moaned....


I listened...I heard nothing....I smiled... We started kissing again...She fondled me softly some more...I was going bananas.....I not surprisingly felt myself getting hard again...and began to move slowly inside and out of her....once again!!! An HOUR AND A HALF went by...more kissing, more sweet lovemaking..another HOUR..

"Ohhhh my......you are something else Mister Alexander!!!.....Oh  My goodness...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"laughed Olivia...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...."was all I could manage to say...


I entered her and begin to thrust inside of her deeply. I tried to catch my breath, Olivia wrapped her legs around me and her arms around my neck as if I was falling off a cliff.

"Ouuuuu Mister Alexander....ohhh my goodness..wooooooooooo.."she moaned..laughing and turning her head from side to side....

"Awwwwww lawddddd!" I moaned myself....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Donnie Ray....my lord..ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...." she moaned...

"Girl, what are you doing to me?" I asked...I was losing my mind...

Olivia laughed and kissed me slower,softer....

"Nothin.....Just trying to make you feel goooooooooooooooood as usual...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..I know you've missed this for a few nights..." she cooed.

"Well...you're doing a good job...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..damn good job!!"I moaned...

"Glad you like it baby!" she said...

It was my turn to laugh as we continued kissing and making sweet love...

"Mrs. Alexander...I love ittttt.."I said...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu..Yesssssssssssss...I love it tooo..ohhhhhhhh stop showing off....Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."she cried out..

We quickly got into a nice deliberate rhythm.. I just wanted to go hard and fast, but she slowed us down. I could barely stand it.It felt so good...


"Take your time sweetie...Take your timeeeeeeeee....Mama isn't going anywhereeeee.." she cooed...

"Ohhhhhhhhh.." was all I could mutter...... The sound of her voice got me even more excited.....

I slowed it way down with deep, long strokes that made me feel like I was losing my mind...She kissed me softly and blew into my ears...

 Olivia began to shake and gyrate and  more tears began to stream down her face....

"Ouuuuuuuuu,Oh my goodness Donnie Ray , you really don't get enough...ouuuuuuuuu weeeeeee...do youuu?" she asked as I began stroking her again....I had not...

I said nothing....I just went about my business...Another TWO HOURS and a HALF went by....
 Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh goood lawd!" she moaned...

  She felt as though she was climaxing several times....then in a huge wave...she whispered in my ear...


''Oh My god...I'm cumming.....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. You are outdoing yourself..ouuuuuu,ohhhhhh.." she softly cooed... , which made me climax myself..exploding literally and shaking  mightily...I put my hand over her mouth...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ...ohhhhhhh my God....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm..I love you so much....." she moaned silently...

"I love you too baby."I moaned and came so hard,it scared me...


I again collapsed on top of Olivia...I lie there on top of her for a moment, then finally ,I pulled out and lie on my back...breathing heavily...She lie still...She smiled at me and crawled on top of me..

 then drifted off to sleep...
I slept for an hour or two...Then I got dressed and walked downstairs and stood out in front of our Duplex....It felt good to get a good breath of Morning air..


The others would all be coming soon..


III-



I smiled.. Alfreda was like clockwork...She was the first one here...She loved living across the street...It meant she could sleep later and walk to work...


"Hi Tall dark and southern... Don't go running off just yet... My Caterer should be here shortly...I gotta catered Breakfast and Lunch for you guys.." said Alfreda.
"Good Ole Alfreda..and I was getting ready to make a Breakfast order." said Josie ,who was walking up behind her..
"I knew she'd order us some food." said Bresha.
"Thank God for that.I'm starving." said Tony..
"Me too and I know my husband is.." laughed Jazzy...
"Yeah, I guess I am." said Dabnis.

"Good Morning Everyone."said Kayla

"Heyyy what's up?" said her husband Ray, yawning..



They all had their legal breifcases and rollers.. They came to work..








Yvette and her entire crew of Keith, Bee Bee, Sofia, Kahlil, Jade and Virginia brought in the rear, crossing the street and coming over.

"Come on in...Thank you guys for coming to help us.. We have a Catered Breakfast and Lunch for you guys." said Olivia.
"Yes, come on in and set down, have some coffee." said Beverly..

''We are all going to utilize the law library adjacent to our building today...The Food will be in the conference room... And Liv and Ms. Yvette will be writing the addendum based on our notes." said Nelson.


We had a hot catered breakfast of Pancakes, Sausage, Bacon, Hash Browns and Scrambled Eggs



And a Catered Lunch with sandwiches for everyone.


Alfreda prepared Ice tea to go with the sandwiches..


In our comfortable Law Library... Beverly, her husband Nelson, Josie ,Bresha and her husband, Tony, Cousin Kayla, her husband, Ray, Jazzy, her  husband, Dabnis, Keith, his wife Bee Bee, Sofia and her husband, Kahlil all worked diligently for hours, researching laws, predicates and like cases and reading re-reading trial testimony and transcripts..They found mistakes in the instructions the first trial Judge made, mistakes the Public Defender made and things the prosecution purposely left out that the jury never heard but should have heard...These were all things they wrote down in their copious notes

"I've got another Laundry Day planned for the weekend...and we can all go back to that skating rink in Bayside if you guys like."said Beverly.
''Sounds like fun to me." said Nelson.
"Unless you guys would rather go to Aqua Bar or Stoleys."said Josie.
"I'm down regardless..I need to cut loose." said Bresha, who was sitting on her husband's lap..
Tony had a pleased as punch look on his face... He said Nothing.
"Let's go to Stoleys and Aqua Bar...My legs are a little sore from the last time we went to the rink."said Kayla.
'"Either or for me..I'm down." said Ray.
"Aqua Bar and Stoleys for me.. Cheap drinks, Salsa." said Jazzy.
"Aqua Bar and Stoleys for me." said Dabnis.
"Yeah same here..." said Keith..
"I have to go with my hubby." said Bee Bee.
"I don't care, it can be either one." said Sofia.
"Same here."said Kahlil.


Beverly looked at her watch....

"It's 3:00 pm...Gee time flies fast...Paris, here is our report.. Pass it to Auntay.." said Beverly.


Paris had taken the day off too! He basically helped Alfreda with the food and the clean up and relayed messages from the law library to the Conference Room...


Olivia was on the Portal with Jessica and Chip, giving them updates on the case.

"I should have that Addendum  written and sent to you within the next two hours." said Olivia.
"Liv I can't thank you guys enough for all of your help." said Jessica.

"We would have never had what we needed in time without your help." said Chip.



Yvette and Virginia were on their laptops.


writing the rough draft of the appeal for Oliva's approval.

Everything was going along like clockwork.



I was sitting in Sam Mother's Diner, waiting for my guest.


IV-


5:37 PM-

"Thank you all for your help....I couldn't have done this without you." said Olivia...

It was 5:37, The mission had been completed and everyone was on their way home..

''Thank You for the day off.." joked Ray, even though he was technically not off...None of them were, they worked remotely from our office ,while also helping us sift through the case transcripts and testimony and evidence.
"Cousin Liv, today was sooo relaxing, even though we were working...If you need anything, anything at all, Me and Ray are a stone's throw away." said Kayla, hugging Olivia.
"I was glad to be of help girl and it was nice to be out of the office for a day...Good Night Liv." said Yvette, hugging her best friend.
''Good Night Liv."said Gary.
''Well it's back to work tomorrow, thanks for the day off."said Keith Jones.
''Tomorrow will be kinda dull, we don't have any cases up." said Bee Bee.
"I plan to enjoy it.." said Sofia..
"I hear ya, me too!" said Kahlil.
"Good Night Liv, Bev..."said Jade..
"Good Night Liv."said Danny Ho.
"Like Kayla said..If you need us again, we are just a stone's throw away." said Jazzy..
"I hope this helps." said Dabnis.


"I hope so too Dabnis." said Olivia. "Paris, thanks for everything... You and Josie, Bresha and Tony, go on home...We got it from here." said Olivia.

"Good Night Liv.." said Paris.
''Good Night Liv...see ya tomorrow." said Josie.
'Good Night guys." said Bresha..
"Good Night." said Tony..

"Ms. Virginia, Nelson and I can drive you home." said Beverly,

''Ohh Nonsense...It's just six blocks...I can walk..besides....I'm gonna stop at Food Corner and get me some Ice Cream on my way home..Today....I felt like a lawyer again....Thank you for the opportunity."said Ms. Virginia, smiling as she left..


''Well the kitchen is clean...My caterer came and got his stuff and everything is filed away...I'm going home..I'll see you guys tomorrow.." said Alfreda.


As she and Rockland walked home..


"Well guys...Our job is done...Tomorrow is a half day...Relax, enjoy yourselves.." said Olivia to Beverly and Nelson.
"Jessie got the Addendum and she and Chip will take it before a Judge, Day after tomorrow." said Beverly.
"I hope it's enough to grant her client a stay.." said Nelson.

"I hope so too!" said Olivia.



30th Street Train Station - 8:00 PM


''Mr. Donnie Ray, thank you for the meal, the round trip train ticket...everything." said Haley Cutler, the daughter of condemned death row prisoner David Cutler.



''We don't believe your father killed your mother.  There are two very good attorneys from the Innocence Project up there now at the prison, filing appeals to get a stay and possibly a new trial ordered... My wife and her niece and her niece's husband and two of our other attorneys along with about nine or ten other attorneys worked around the clock on this latest appeal and we sent it to the two attorneys working on your dad's case today...



That's Jessica Sanchez-Burrows and Charles "Chip Burrows, her husband...One of them will be meeting you when you get off the train...


They've found a good judge...Your dad has an excellent chance of being saved from execution and of getting a new trial." I said.

"Thank You so much Mr. Donnie Ray." said Haley, who hugged me as she got on the train...


I waved as she boarded the train and it pulled off..





Olivia sat at home, waiting for me to return... When her phone rang.. She thought it was me, it wasn't!


''Hello Mrs. Alexander...It is I John Cuff again..The Addenulum you and your associates worked on was 
incredible. The Judge is reading ti tonight I imagine..Well written, well researched...Considering the small window of opportunity you had...you got that put together in record time..but........You missed one key thing....Look at the crime scene reports again...Tell your husband to speak to an arson expert...There in lies your case..." said the voice.


''You know an awful lot Mr. Cuff....FOR A DEAD MAN...Do you mind telling me who you really are?" asked Olivia.



"Your husband is very good....very good..Who I am is not important..I am an attorney, I'm clerking for the Judge in the 7th Circuit Court...that's all you need to know..There are seven of us..It could be any one of us or none of us...Good Night Olivia...Remember..look again." came the voice.

(Click!)

(TO BE CONTINUED)


3 comments:

Judith said...

I love all of these friends and neighbors and how they support each other.

Toni said...

I like all of these recent charactors who you have added to both the Olivia and Yvette stories.

Angie B. said...

With a little help from our friends!