Tuesday, October 7, 2008

The Blogger Who Loved Me


My name is Kevin Morris..I'm a writer and Blogger...This is my story. I write the Sports and Music reviews for a very popular and hip Philly magazine called HYPE. I make pretty decent money. I have two blogs..One is called "Kevin's Spot" in which I write my opinion on just about everything...then there is my other blog.."Ventures" in which I write poetry, short stories and showcase my photography. This is where she first caught my attention. She called herself "Sepia" She always sent me nice and encouraging comments on my posts...Whether it was fiction or my poems. I would always answer her back with a nice message or two, thanking her for her insight. She even began coming over to my other blog and mostly agreeing with my political analysis of whatever subject I chose to blog about. The photo on her profile told me that she was something special also.

You see, Sepia also had a blog...It was called "Sexalicious" and she blogged about her sexual exploits and her lovelife quite a bit.I would often leave a humorous comment on her posts.
She and I began e-mailing each other aside from the blogs and that led to text messaging and actual conversations on the phone. She lived in Jersey and I invited her to come to Philly, so we
could actually meet and she agreed. This was to be the beginning of a bizzarre series of events
in my life.

I waited at 30th Street station for what seemed like forever that Saturday...Sepia's train was late...I walked over to Auntie Annie's and got myself a Pretzel and some lemonade...I browsed around in the Bookstore and looked at the latest magazines and newspapers. There was my Magazine- HYPE, with my cover story on Kanye West....I bought a copy...It would be something to talk about.

There she was... A vision of lovlinesss...She was about five foot three, built very well and wearing some jeans that looked like they had been painted on her...she filled those jeans up quite
well. She was wearing a nice print top and I could see that she had just recently had her hair braided. She had on some black stilletto heels that made her appear a little taller than she actually was.

"So you're Kevin..." she said.

"And you must be Sepia?" I countered.

"JoAnne is my government name, but "Sepia" is the name I blog with."
she said in a dead pan way that didn't even resemble a smile.

I asked her if she was hungry and she said not particularly, but she could use a bit to eat..which
meant to my way of thinking that she was hungry. Why do people always front on first dates?
I had my magazine's Visa card on me, So we walked a little ways to a new eatery called RAE's
that was located near the train station.

She had Baked Salmon and white rice with String Beans, while I treated myself to a New York Strip Steak and a Baked potato.

"Are there any record stores nearby..I'd like to pick up
some CD's...that girl Jazmine Sullivan is hot and I want
Raphael Saddiq and Eric Benet.." she said.

"Wow , you have good musical tastes..I see we are going to
get along just fine. There is a FYE downtown....I can
take you there..My car is in the lot."

"Okay,that'll be great, then you and I can just kick it...
we can go wherever you want to go." she said..

"That'll be just great..I know a nice spot called Sadiki
in Mt. Airy we can go to later on for dinner and a club
called North by Northwest , near there where we can go
dancing."

"Hold on Player, that sounds great for tomorrow...but I've
been riding the train from East Orange and I'd like to go
someplace quiet tonight and just chill...you know any places
like that player.?"

A broad smile crossed my face, this was my kind of girl...I didn't really feel like dancing...I wanted to chill..I am the king of chill.. Then her phone rang.... She was getting a text message.
She read it and her face went blank...

"Is something wrong?" I asked.....

"I just got a call from my girlfriend in East Orange.."

"Anything wrong?" I asked, already knowing the answer.


"Yeah, a girl we both know named Opal was found dead.....
I think I'm in a lot of trouble..."

"What kind of trouble?" I asked......

"I think the killer is after me ." she said.

"That happened in East Orange...You're safe here ." I said.

"Her body was found here...The killer has followed me to
Philly." she said.


I was stunned...and didn't exactly know what to say or do....

(To be continued-)

7 comments:

Rich Fitzgerald said...

"Lets go back to my place and do the deed befor you are dead," Kevin offered. I know dude is like dang, I can't even map out a plan and drama has already started.

Good story so far.

Funny how blogging comes off the page and seeps into real life.

Jazzy said...

LMAO @ Rich!

Men!!!

Great...I was just getting in to it.

SLC said...

This is good. Scary reality good.
I'll definitely be more careful with my replies.

CHA CHA said...

Fascinating...just wow

Mizrepresent said...

Oh, you did that Keith...and left us with a cliffhanger as well! Can't wait for the next!

Anonymous said...

This was good..Can't wait to see what you come up with next.

The Dreamy One said...

Okay going to read part two.

Interesting already!!!

Keith I have alot of catching up to do,lol