Wednesday, October 22, 2008

The Singing Blogger


I awoke on this particular rainy morning in early fall to the smell of bacon cooking on the grill and the sound of someone mixing something. It was eggs being mixed in a bowl...I presumed that scrambled eggs were in order. I heard toast popping out of the toaster and heard Steve Harvey and Nephew Tommy on the radio... Morning. Sepia was fixing breakfast. She had been staying with me for about a month now. She had moved to Philadelphia from East Orange, New Jersey and was in the process of looking for a job as well as a place to stay. I didn't mind her staying with me. She kept my house clean and in order and she cooked for me. She was great company to have around. I had a modem in my study and ran three computers simultaneously.
I wrote my column for the magazine I am employed at from my study and wrote posts for my two blogs from the other two computers. I only actually went to my office two days a week...I got paid through direct deposit and I paid all of my bills on line.. I didn't have to leave my house if I didn't want to...charmed life that I lead. My name is Kevin Morris and this is another one of my stories...

"Get up Sleepy head..breakfast is ready" said Sepia.

"Okay,I'm coming...I was just looking at the comments
on my blog." I said.

Sepia was dressed to the nines today.. a Blue Pen stripe mini dress, with a matching top and black sheer panty hose, with matching black pumps.

"Where are you going in all this rain?" I asked

"I've got a job interview.This looks promising." she said.

I sat at the table and began to eat the breakfast she had fixed for me..I tossed her my car keys.

"Where is this one?" I asked.

"It's in King of Prussia..I did a mapquest to help me
find it..Could you call the shop while I'm out and see
if they've finished with my car?" she asked.

"Sure thing." I said

"You're a doll" she said as she kissed me and hurried out the door.

Part of me dreaded the day that she did find a job...that would mean that she would be leaving to find her own place and I so enjoyed her being around...but of course, I couldn't tell her that.
She wasn't gone ten minutes when I went back to my computer and saw a strange e-mail.

'Kevin, I'm a friend of a friend.....I need your help....I've commented on your blog on a regular
basis, please call me at this number 215- 777-9311." SB.

I called the number and a familiar voice answered the phone-

"Kevin , is that you?" It was Cock Robbins, Semi Pro Football player and player extrodinaire or so he thought.

"Cock Robbins, is this your idea of a joke ?" I asked

"Naw, Nah man..a friend of mine, a lady friend of mine
is in trouble and I told her that you could help her"
said Cock.

"Cock, I'm not a cop, I'm not a private Detective even, I'm
just a writer..I can't help your friend.." I protested.

"Just talk to her man...you smart and you can figure things
out...here she is." He said.

Before she began talking..she began singing..She sang one of Beyonce's songs almost to the note.
I now knew who it was I was talking to. The Singing Blogger. I read her blog religiously. Her blog was unique..It had audio downloads after each of her posts of her singing. She had a beautiful voice...she should have a recording contract with that voice..She had an even sexier body. (She had video downloads on her blog too.) Not surprisingly, most of her commentors were males..males who were salivating over her sexy videos as well as her beautiful voice...The
"SB" was for Singing Blogger..I should've guessed. Although I had commented on her blog numerous times and she on mine, like most people in the blogosphere, I had never actually met
her, until now and just like before..she was mixed up with Cock Robbins....Whatever she wanted
, it couldn't be good.

(To be continued.......)

9 comments:

SLC said...

Nice intro. Kevin Morris better be careful. He's a writer so I'm sure he has a vivid imagination. He's also a music lover so I'm sure he remembers the old school jam; Just My Imagination (Once again) Running Away With Me. He can resist Cock (most men can) but his imagination is a different animal.

See ya in 24
SLC

Anonymous said...

Here we go again..another blogger,another mystery...Thanks Keith...I needed something to look forward to.

Anonymous said...

Sipping Coffee and enjoying your story Keith

Anonymous said...

I can't wait for part two Keith

Anonymous said...

That Kevin, he sure does live a charmed life...I want to be just like him when I grow up!!!-lolololol.

Anonymous said...

I am like him...minus the job and the car-lolololol.

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Alright! Lets see what it do!

The Dreamy One said...

alright now my boy Kevin better not get to creeping or its gonna be on,lol

like slc said nice intro. cant wait for part two.

Somebodies Friend said...

Here we go again...

What does Kevin have in store this time? I guess we are going to find out.

I can hardly wait!