Monday, October 13, 2008

Sex, Lies & a DVD


We drove all night down the highways of New Jersey...I stopped at a rest stop and got Sepia and I some food.. We had a burger a peice, some milk shakes and some greasy onion Rings...We found that neither of us was into french fries. Sepia told me to move over and that she would drive the rest of the way...I was surprised that she would even offer, but impressed. I must admit..she seemed like the high maintenance type of chick who wouldn't dream of driving. I got a blanket from out of the trunk of the car and she spread it over me. She got in the drivers seat and pulled off. She clicked on my ipod and this time , Miles Davis's Kind of Blue" began playing softly as we drove..

"Now this I like" she said.

"What do you know about Miles?" I asked,
a little bemused.

"I love Miles...My daddy used to play all
of his stuff when I was a little girl." she said.

"Oh really, he was into Jazz?" I asked.

"He was into music period...Had a vast
collection, Miles, Trane, Dizzy, Aretha,
James, Motown, Stax, Philly International.."
You name it..My daddy had it.."

"Where is your Dad now?" I asked.

"He's been dead for close to ten years now."
She said, then added-
"Prostate Cancer."

"Oh" I said..

I couldn't imagine that anyone as sexy as this girl could have ever been a child...it just seemed
like she was always.....well...like this... I kept looking at her until I dozed off. I don't know how long I was asleep, but when I woke up...The car was parked in front of a house on a street I didn't recognize and I was alone. I got up, looked around and then heard a tapping on the window. It was Sepia. She was dressed differently...Had on a nice sun dress and some flat shoes.
The heels were gone.

"So you finnally woke up
sleepy head." She laughed.

"W-Where are we? How long
have I been asleep?" I asked.

"Did you know that you snore?"
she giggled..

"Huh?? I do not" I retorted.

"Welcome to East Orange Kevin,
This is my apartment..I went in
showered and changed..Can I drive
some more...I need to holla at my
mama and I know these streets better
than you." said Sepia.

"I don't know em at all..this is my first
time here." I said as I tossed her the
keys.

Sepia drove us to her Mother's House. I was not ready for what I was to see. Sepia's mother was drop dead gorgeous...It would be an understatement to say that I could see where Sepia got her looks from. Most of the time I would look at a girl's mother and say that I could see that she must have been quite a looker when she was younger...In the case of Sepia's mother, I would say that she is quite a looker right now...She was incredible and very flirtatious. She made us a delicious breakfast of Scrambled Eggs, Sausage, Biscuits and Hash Browns. We had hot steaming cups of coffee and two tumblers of Orange Juice. She was a very gregarious woman...She talked on and on about everything and nothing, yet she kept it interesting. She asked me about Philadelphia and my line of work and my folks. She also looked at me kind of side eyed at times with a seductive type stare...I could look at Sepia and tell that there was a twinge of jealousy and a hint that there could have been a slight rivalry at times between the two. Sepia told her about the trouble that she might be in and about Cock Robbins. Cock Robbins !! The mention of his name changed Sepia's mother's outlook. Jean Cokely (Her government name-lolol) almost spat his name out of her mouth-

"Cock Robbins, that nasty dirty dog...
I hate what he did to my daughter...
Somebody needs to kill him..." she spat...

Whoa..That sounded a little too personal to me....but I let it go..We had another stop to make..The person we came here to see in the first place...Veronica Robbins, Cock's estranged wifey...

"I'm his ex wife" said Veronica Robbins to both
Sepia and me.

Here was another stunningly beautiful Black woman.....So far I liked what I was seeing in East Orange...Maybe I should leave the city of brotherly love and move here, I mused.

"Cock was served divorce papers last week
by my Attorney. We are no longer together...
In fact, I am planning to marry his so called friend,
Brett Jano...Won't he be surprised." she laughed.

"Brett Jano??? I guess you haven't heard?" I said.

"Heard what?" she said.

"Brett Jano is dead...he was shot to death in Philly
a few nights ago...we think it's the same person who
killed Gail Young and that other girl Opal that your ex-
husband was seeing..." I said...

"Oh my God..Noooooooo, Brett, not Brett....aggggggggh
ggggggggggh...." she sobbed...

"Mrs Robbins, Mrs. Robbins....I'm so sorry..but listen
I have to ask you....Brett was your husband's friend..
and it's mighty strange that you and he...well you know?
Was he the one who told you about Opal,Sepia and Gail?"
I asked...

"No...he didn't tell me...he only knew about Opal....he
didn't know about the other girls...He knew about Opal
because he was kind of seeing her...she was a football
whore, hung around the locker rooms and the hotels
trying to land a Football player...even a semi pro hack
like Cock...She was sleeping with Brett first and when
He found out that Cock, his friend was sleeping with
her too...he told me about it...and to get back at Cock,
he put the moves on me...only we fell for each other,
crazy as that may seem." she said.

"Yeah, it does seem crazy." I said.

"Besides...it was some woman that called me up
and told me about the other girls...even mailed
me the DVD..with him and those girls having
sex..here it is..I'll show you." she offered.

Sepia and I looked at each other......A woman??? My main suspect had just cleared herself.

(To be continued.....)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was so good...Can't wait until tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

I loved this...You've got me on the edge of my seat with this one
Keith.

Anonymous said...

I just caught up on all of the parts to this? Is this going to be a boo?? It just ought to be.

Anonymous said...

Another good one brother...I'm liking how this is developing.

Anonymous said...

This was close to what I was looking for...good one.

The Dreamy One said...

yes indeed!!!

took me a while to read them cause I am sitting here at work but.....

they were great.

u have me all enthralled. ready for the rest of the stories to follow.

Keith said...

@Toni, Angie B, Diane & Sun- Thanks as always for your support!

@Anonymous-Glad I could be of some service..lololol.

@Dreamy-Missed you..where you been?
At any rate..Glad you're back.

Somebodies Friend said...

This sounds like a whole lot a he said, she said, with no facts to back anything up.

Why do folks cheat on their spouse just because somebody who obviously wants to get in their pants tells them something.

And inteligent people too. Some dude tells you about your husband cheating on you and the first fricken thing that comes to mind is to S&$k him off, without even checking the facts, or confronting the husband?

I really don't get it?

Keith said...

@Somebody's Friend- That's how it be's sometimes good brother. Tomorrow's edition, "ColdHouse" will put everything in perspective.
I even dropped a clue in this story about who the real killer is or at least who is behind the real killer.

SLC said...

Kevin is very perceptive. I like how he hears what people don't say, and he seems to be able to pull disjointed pieces together in a way Sepia can't. I just hope Kevin heads back home before his head gets him in any deeper.

See ya in a few hours

Keith said...

@SLC-lolol, Yes, Kevin is very perceptive..he reminds me a lot of myself.