Friday, October 24, 2008

If You Should See Him


We sat in my bathtub, Sepia and I...kissing and taking sips of champaigne..with soap suds covering every part of our bodies...well almost every part...and talking..I had told her all about the Singing Blogger and of running into Cock Robbins again at dinner. She had loved that I had made dinner for her and had run a bath for her ,that we both wound up getting in..

"Kevin?" she asked

"What, baby?" I responded..

"Oh I'm 'baby' now huh? I've only
been your girlfriend officially
for about an hour." she giggled.

"Seems like we been playin at this
for about a month now." I laughed...

"You gon cook for me and run baths
for me a month from now when I come
home dead tired from work?" she asked.

"Girl, I'm gon do this for you forever."
I said.

"Yeah, yeah, promises ,promises" she laughed
as I took a huge soap sud and rubbed it in her
face.

The next day at 1:00 pm, I was at Josie's Bar. I hadn't been here since the blogger murders the month before ,right after we found Brett Jano and Leon Cantrell's bodies..now here I was again, with another mystery and another Sexy woman.
Gus, the afternoon bartender remembered when I had come in here with Sepia...now here I was with Laura Valley..He looked at me, winked and then laughed to himself.
Laura Valley had on a tight and bright yellow mini skirt that looked like she had painted it on and some big shapely legs to match..Every man in the bar was looking at us. She ordered some Patron and I ordered my usual, Corona. I don't drink Liquor when I'm writing or when I'm working. I asked her if she wanted anything to eat, but she declined...I certainly did and I ordered some Fried Chicken Wings and some French Fries. Then I sat and listened to her story.

She and her singing had caught the attention of hot Philly Record Producer,
Ezekial "Zeke da Freak" Porterhouse.. Prior to her, he was known for discovering and Producing the hot young rapper, Little Dwayne. Little Dwayne was balding prematurely at 25, but yet his flow was so on point that nobody really cared. Women mobbed him everywhere he went. Zeke's other hot young rapper was "Young Sneezy", the sneezing rapper who sneezed and blew his nose after every other verse..It was an annoying gimmick that sold over a million units his first time out. He had a female rapper named "Big Nasty" whose breasts sold more CD's than her rapping ever did and that was it.
What he really wanted was an R&B singer...A Beyonce to his Jay-Z, a Diana Ross to his
Berry Gordy and in Laura Valley, the singing Blogger..he had found it. He went out of his way to line up good songs, hot session musicians and whatever else it took to give her a hot debut CD. He was spending so much time with her that he was neglecting his other acts...Young Sneezy was already rumored to be talking to Dr. Dre about making a move out West and Little Dwayne was thinking about going south to the ATL.. Zeke didn't care, he wanted his R&B diva...he also wanted her in his bed too and eventually he got her in the bed as well as the studio.

Zeke was crazy about Laura, in love with her. Zeke was also married to "Big Nasty" and it was quite well known that there was absolutely no love lost between the two of them. "Big Nasty" had never caught the two of them together and couldn't prove that they were together, but she knew..every woman knows when her man has gone astray. At any rate..Zeke had called her this past weekend and had told her that he needed to talk to her about something..He had said that
he was going to come over her house..He never showed up. Laura went to the recording studio
to look for Zeke..He never showed up there either..Laura really got worried when "Big Nasty" called her asking her where her husband was..

"Maybe the man just went on a little
vacation." I said.

"He would have told me Kevin, Zeke
told me everything, he wouldn't have
just vanished like that, that wasn't his way."

"Well have you talked to Young Sneezy or
Little Dwayne?"I asked.

"Those two knuckleheads...no...but you are
welcome to as part of our arrangement." she said.

"And you just want me to find out where he is, right
nothing more?" I asked.

"That's all I want to know....If you should see him,
just tell him I love him." she said.

"What's going on with you and Cock?" I had to ask.

"Sex...that's all it is....I met him about a year ago..
at one of those semi-pro football games in New
Jersey..He took me to this wild party at this club
uh-ruh...."

"Coldhouse, right? he got you drunk, took you to
a room in the back and had his way with you."
I finished...

"He told you...??" she said, looking disgusted.

"Not about you...that just seems to be his
uh, let's just say modus operandi." I laughed.

"He come up to my house about a month ago
saying that he needed a place to stay and that
he didn't have any money...I told him that I was
involved with someone now and that he could stay
but he was sleeping on the couch..not my bed."she said

"But of course he is in your bed?" I said.

"A girl's got needs and he is good at what he does,
but that's all he's good for." she said.

I finished my food and my beer and she finished her Patron and when I offered to pay, she put her hand up...

"You're workin for me now..
I'll pay for this today." she said.

I walked her to her car and I got in mine and we both drove off our seperate ways...

That night, I was laying in bed with Sepia in my arms and I told her about my day.

"I might need a partner in this
caper, you down?" I asked half jokingly.

"Kevin?? Do I look like a private detective
to you?" she asked.

Well, come to think of it..Did I for that matter? Tomorrow ,I would certainly have to act like
one.

(To be continued.............)

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

WOW, now this is a man...this what Im talking about...who are you again~?~?~?~




lol, how are you?

Keith said...

@kin'shar- I'm doing fine-lolol

Anonymous said...

I'm with Kin'shar-That's the kind of man I'm looking for.Good Story
Keith.

Anonymous said...

I'm with my room-mate..I'm liking Kevin the more I read about him.
I got a feeling this thing is about to blow up.

Anonymous said...

What's goin on Brother Keith? You've got me lookin forward to this like I used to look forward to "The Wire" and "The Sopranos"
lololol.

Anonymous said...

@James-lololol, I too am starting to wait for this story everyday.

Anonymous said...

The scene in the bathtub did kind of get me "wet" (Pun intended)

Anonymous said...

@Anonymous is a stone cold freak-lololol.

Anonymous said...

Hi Keith, I see you have another blog...From what I can see, this is
very nice...Poetry and Short Stories...You are a man of many talents.

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Lets get this party started!!

-OG

Keith said...

@OG- Then you'll love the next two installments- "Rollin with Big Nasty" and "Needle in a Haystack"
lolol...The story really starts to heat up now.