Thursday, October 23, 2008

Here Today, Then Gone

I called Clerow..He was a good friend to have in the pinch. He came by in his mini-Cooper and picked me up..Such a small little car...but probably very gas efficient.
He dropped me off at the Nissann dealer, where I paid for the work that was done on Sepia's car...a Black 2007 Nissann Sentra. Not the kind of car that I would be driving, but good enough for the business at hand. Sepia had given me one of her credit cards to pay for her card, but I paid for it myself..Kind of like a thank you for the cooking, cleaning and sex she had been giving me for a month now. Through it all, we had never once talked about our relationship. I didn't consider her "my woman"and I know she didn't consider me "her man". What were we then? I guess just "Friends"..."Friends with Benefits" I wanted her to stay, but I didn't want to even begin to talk to her about that...Not right now.

I couldn't worry about that right now. I got in Sepia's car and drove across town to a nice neat little row house in the Olney section of Philadelphia. I walked up the stairs and before I could even knock on the door...this knockout of a lady answered the door...Wow...If I had been carrying anything, I would have dropped it. The so called "Singing Blogger" was even more gorgeous in real life than she was in her blog photos and videos..I couldn't take my eyes off of her..then, reality set in.

"My man Kev...what's happening baby?" said Cock Robbins
Cock Robbins! I remembered..this was his girl...How and more important, WHY, did guys like Cock Robbins always wind up with all of the pretty girls??? I guess it was just the way of the world.

"What's goin on Kev...This is the Singing Blogger,
but her goverment name is Laura Valley." said Cock

She smiled weakly and looked at Cock as if he was an annoyance more than someone she was sleeping with. She offered he hand to me and motioned for me to have a seat at the table where Cock, who had on only a bathrobe and some pink silk boxer shorts with
the playboy bunny logo on both sides and his name on them sat and sipped tea.

"I've heard a lot about you Mr. Morris,
Cock told me about how you saved his life
and you and he brought two cold blooded murderers
to justice." she said

I looked at Cock side eyed and thought "he and I??" As I recalled, he stayed hidden in my bathroom through most of that caper, but this was no time to go into specifics.

"Ms. Valley, I'm no detective..I don't know
if I can help you." I said.

"I know that you are just the kind of guy who
can help me...you're street smart and you are
not connected to anybody." she said.

"That's what I told huh" offered Cock.

She looked at him derisively again and then smiled at him as though he was a petulant
child-

"Cock, sweetie...can me and Kevin have a little
privacy please...go in the bedroom, put on that
tape of your greatest conquests that you like,
I'll join you shortly." she said very sweetly,
while looking at me and rolling her eyes.

"Alright baby, but don't keep big daddy waiting"
said Cock as he walked towards the room."

She side eyed Cock again as he walked off and up the stairs to her bedroom and then began to talk to me-

"He's the stupidest most self absorbed guy
I have ever met...I can't wait until he gets
a job, so he can get out of here...Of course
if it wasn't for the fact that he's so good
in bed and has such a huge-"

"Uh Ms.Valley..I think I get it." I said, not
really wanting to know anymore..I had heard
it all before..

She smiled, she had heard most of the story and she had seen that godforsaken DVD....
she knew my deal at least ,so she got down to business-

"I need you to find someone for me,
that's all...and I'm willing to pay
you..This is someone dear to me who just
vanished into thin air..I just need to know
that he's alright, that's all..I'll pay you..
That's all you gotta do..Find him for me..I
can't give you all of the details just yet...
Give me your cell phone number..I'll send you
a text message in the next few days and I'll
get in contact with you..layout the whole deal
for you okay." she said.

She gave me an envelope with five hundred dollar bills as a down payment and I gave her my cell phone number..I thanked her and got in my car and drove back home.
That night, I cooked for a change...Some Spinach Lasagna, a nice salad and some of Clerow's Citrus Punch... I ran a hot bath for Seapia and waited for her to get home.
When she got home she was very surprised...

"How was the interview Sepia?" I asked

"It looks promising...I even found some
Apartments that I might want to move into."she said.

"Well, you know...you don't have to move right away,
I mean..uh, ruh, if you uh...er..ah..don't want to."
I said.

"Well why wouldn't I want to Kev..I don't want to
impose on you unless....What are you trying to say..
You askin me to uh, stay here with you?" she said

"Well...uh, er...uh...I could be.." I said.

"I'm not that kind of girl..I can't live with a
guy unless I had some kind of commitment...you
wanna be my boyfriend?" she teased.

"Would that be so bad?" I asked.

"You're serious aren't you...I thought you were
kidding." She said..

"What if I'm not kidding?" I asked.

"You sure?" she said...

"You better give me an answer before I change
my mind." I said suddenly feeling confident.

"Okay...let's see how it works...when I get this
job...I can help you with the bills."she said

"Girl we sound like we married."I laughed

"I know right?" She laughed....

Guys like Cock Robbins..they get a lot of girls, but they don't get em all....
Could you beleive this... My cell phone was going off...it had only been hours
since I left Laura Valley.. I had a text message from her though-

"Kevin, meet me tommorrow
at Josie's Bar...1:00..
come alone."

Here we go...

(To be continued....)

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

How nice for Kevin and Sepia...
Nice build up for the story too.
I'm waiting with bated breath for
the next part.

Anonymous said...

Whooopeee, I am first today!!lolol

Anonymous said...

@Toni-Oh so what?lololol. I don't know what I'm hooked on more, the budding romance between Kevin and Sepia or the mystery of the Singing Blogger. In the words of my room-mate..I'm waiting with bated breath for part two.

Anonymous said...

Another great effort Keith. Looking to see how this turns out!

Anonymous said...

lolol, That Kevin..He's my hero-lolol. Good Story my brother..

Anonymous said...

Is there at least a promise of some sensuality??

Anonymous said...

Hey ,What's wrong with a Sentra??
That's what I drive..a 2008 though-lolololol..Nice Story man.

OG, The Original Glamazon said...

Man I am not going to say how part of this story seems familiar to me or why it does or which part. However I LOVE the story I do!

-OG

Keith said...

Okay folks..tomorrow.."If You Should See Him" is the touching continuation of this story..then get ready for "Rolling With Big Nasty"- as this mystery takes a wild turn.

Somebodies Friend said...

I can't wait for the wild turn, I am soooo excited!

And OG, I think I know which part is on your radar screen, because I can feel it too.

This is soooo exciting, why do we need to wait for tomorrow Keith, let's jump ahead and post early, I can't wait for the next two installments to another great mystery.

Keith, You got it goin' on bruh!

Anonymous said...

Yea Toni your first...and second too for that matter... but Im feeling this car.

Somebodies Friend said...

I'm with Kevin when it comes to the car, I like choosin' my own kinda car! It'd to for the business at hand, but it's not the knd of car I'd be buying for myself.