Wednesday, May 20, 2009

If You Don't Love Him


You spend uneventful nights in his arms..
then you cry to me about how he
is just so wrong..
you know that in my arms is where you belong
but still, you stay with him and sing the same
old song./

If you don't love him..
then why aren't you here with me?
you're just playing games with his emotions
knowing all along that you have other notions..
If you don't want him..then why can' you tell him?
you are missing out on what could be our love's splendor..
makes me wonder if you have another agenda../

I'm imagining your body..
you spending your nights naked with him in the dark..
I'm here with just the radio and nobody
yet you say that making love with him produces no spark.
I'm tired of sneaking around in hotels with you..
and you'd think that you would be tired of this double life too./

baby, if you don't love him
then why aren't you here next to me?
Why waste his time and your time too?
You know what you have to do..
If you don't
If you don't
If you don't
want him...
then why don't you tell him?
You could be enjoying a love that would last...
instead of being stuck in the past../

If you don't love him..
then
why don't you tell him?/

13 comments:

Toni said...

I loved this Keith!

Toni said...

Whoooo eeeeeee,I'm First!

Angie B. said...

This was nice Keith!

Sunflower said...

Very lyrical and visual.

Lisa said...

This was like a song...I think you missed your calling Keith.

Halo said...

Me Likey!

Vanessa said...

More Poetry! More Poetry!!I love it!

Cheryl said...

After All of these great stories, a poem was a nice change of pace.

Brenda. said...

I liked the poem. This blog gives you so many different looks!

Captain Jack said...

This poem was sweet Keith.

Solomon said...

This one brings back a few memories, not all good either {laughs}.

Good one Keith, keep up the great work.

Anonymous said...

I have some catching up to do. Nice piece..as always.

Anonymous said...

I love you too Keith.. I mean I love this poem..Just kidding Mrs. Keith we are all FAMILIA...LOL

go.