Saturday, May 23, 2009

After You've Gone


The Deeper I looked for something in you..
The deeper I fell...
I felt as though I was falling deeper into a
bottomless well..
you could never seem to face your demons
and I had my demons too!
but had you of talked more to me..I would have
faced them with you../

But baby now that you've gone
life has opened up for me in a way
I never imagined.
Now that you've gone
a light is shining through my window
and I've discovered a strange new passion
After you've gone..
After you've gone../

All I ever wanted to do
was make love to you until the cops came knockin...
like Maxwell said in his song.
but all you ever seemed to do
was drink until your head was rockin,
then have the nerve to tell me that everything I did was wrong../

but honey
now that you've gone
I've met somebody else
who makes me feel alive again..
and sugar
now that you've gone
I've got a woman on my arm
who's both a lover and a friend...
After you've gone
After you've gone
bye,bye aint so bad baby...
After you've gone..
I've found love
After you've gone
I've found peace of mind,after you've gone../

19 comments:

Toni said...

I'm first today!

Toni said...

Nice poem Keith!

Angie B. said...

I liked the poem..Glad you're back!

Sunflower said...

I've really been enjoying the poetry the last few days.

Lisa said...

Nice!

Halo said...

Great Poem Keith, but waiting for your next story patiently-lol.

Vanessa said...

It's been nice reading the poetry the last few days.

Vanessa said...

Oh yeah,I liked this one too!

Cheryl said...

Sweet!

Brenda said...

Much like a song..That's what I like.

Anonymous said...

The poetry is alright..but nothing to make me toss my panties high!

Tate2 said...

This speaks to me...Man, you must be in my head!

Swaggie said...

Man, I lived this..Had an alcoholic
girlfriend once.

Jazzy said...

Nice one Fam!

Sean said...

You stay on it man, don't know how you do two posts on two very different blogs a day.

James Perkins said...

You know I really dig the stories,but the past few days I have been enjoying the poems just as well!

Simon Bastion said...

Love your poetry,Like your stories they are very visual.

Grover Tha Playboy said...

I really dug this one fam..reminds me of a situation one of my partners was in with a young lady.

Captain Jack said...

You sir ,are a true man of letters!