Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Saturday


I should have stayed home with Rell and our son...But no...I let Chris talk me into going to Fathead Newton's exclusive birthday party at Club Invisible! It was called that,because if you had to ask where it was or about it...You really didn't need to be there!. It was located on the top floor of a seemingly abandoned warehouse in East Oak Lane, Philadelphia PA. From the outside it was just a warehouse, but take the elevator just three stories up and you had a plush floor made of pure marble ,with fountains full of crystal...A Huge Glass Bar that was the length of a football field and that was also an aqauriam ,full of exotic fish of all kinds... Meanwhile on the black marble top..There were six skilled bartenders mixing all kinds of drinks and serving them to several thirsty customers.

To the side was an ultra-modern kitchen where some of the tastiest meals were being provided for the hungry customers who came to say Happy Birthday and pay homage to the king! Of course Chris Thompson was too laid back to ever have thrown himself something so incredibly large...even in this exclusive location...but Fathead Newton was a different animal.

"My man Chess...so glad you could come....Chris is up in the VIP section..can I get you anything?" said Fathead.

"Happy Birthday Fathead...yeah man, just get me a Corona and I'm straight." I said.

"Just a Corona? Come on Chess, let your hair down baby..have a real drink potna." laughed Fathead.

"A Corona's just fine man." I said. I didn't get drunk or even risk it in strange places that I wasn't familiar with. Neither did Chris. I joined him in the V.I.P. section of the club and watched
the kids dancing on the Parquet Dancefloor in the middle of this lavish club. The DJ played T.I. ,
Lil Wayne, Jay-Z, Kanye West, Old school hip-hop like L.L. , Dr. Dre, Snoop..Public Enemy and
hometown favorites like Cassidy and Beanie Seigel... I had even heard a rumor that Beanie might
show through.

There were some of the finest strippers and exotic dancers you could imagine..giving some of the players lap dances and other things in private booths if they produced the right amount of cash.

"Hey Chris man...I don't feel comfortable here...This spot could get raided." I said.

"Chess, Chess...lighten up man..The cops don't know about this place and aint no laws being broken here..Just people eatin and drinking and dancin." said Chris.

"This spot got a liquor licensce?" I asked. Chris's face went blank.....He looked at me sheepishly and said with a shrug-

"You know something Chess, you got a point here, but the cops can't pop me and you for just bein here..This aint our club."

Just as he was saying that, my eyes zoomed across the room.....and there she was......Cherry!! Cherry Johnson....the woman who had betrayed me! Left me high and dry in Puerto Rico a few months back...Took $750.00 and my rental car and fled. She repaid me the money, but she still needed to answer a few questions...Now was as good a time as any. Chris, always observant must have read my mind.

"Uh Uh Uh Playa...don't even think about it..She's Fathead's girl now." he said.

'Fathead?? I thought she cussed him out for leaving her in the supermarket when Diamond Joe's
boys tried to hit him last month" I said.

"Yeah, she did, but you know how women are man..mad at you one minute, swinging on your jock da next." said Chris.

"I gotta talk to her, get some closure man." I said.

"Closure? You sound like a woman Chess.. What don't you understand? She took your money,stole your rental car and left you in Puerto Rico...You beat up her husband and got him locked up and now she's with someone else...What don't you understand? You aint got nothin to close...Let that be baby...You got a good woman at home...Don't mess with her..she's trouble."
said Chris.

Cherry walked over to Fathead and gave him a kiss on his big coffee cooler lips and rubbed his bald head Fathead laughed picked her up and put her on his lap...Fathead was my friend, but I couldn't bare to see him and Cherry making out like that. I left the VIP section and went down on the dancefloor ,grabbed a fine young thing and began dancing. They were doing a line dance to the song Booty call.

'You turn to the left, you move to the right, you cha-cha with your left, you turn to the right..jump back..and dance!..."

I didn't want to think about Cherry..Soon I was joined by Chris and some Stripper he had plucked from the crowd....


"And left foot step, and right foot step, you turn to your left, you move to your right, you cha-cha with your left, you turn to your right...jump back...and dance.."

After we finished dancing, I walked across the floor to get a plate of hot food, when I felt a tap on my shoulder..

"Nice Moves Chess..You always had em...In the bedroom and on the dancefloor." It was Cherry.

"Speaking of moves..you've made a few of your own" I said.

"Oh you mean Fathead? He loves me and I need a man to take care of me." she said.

"This is America Cherry, you could get a job, take care of yourself." I said.

"There is a depression on or haven't you heard Chess?" she said.

"So Fathead is going to take care of you?" I asked.

'We are supposed to be getting married." she said.

"You're already married." I said.

"Nope...Thanks to you...I was able to get my divorce. My crazy ex is behind bars for the rest of his life and the court granted me an un-contested divorce. Thanks Chess, for kicking his worthless ass and turning him in to the FBI." said Cherry.

"I didn't turn him in....They just happened to be there." I explained.

"Doesn't matter.....We might have made it..who knows...but fate just dealt us a different hand."
she said. She didn't seem like the woman I knew once..She seemed altogether different.

Chris heard the whole thing..After Cherry walked away he shook his head and said to me-

"Ya Happy now Chess?"

A little while later, I walked into the huge restroom....while in there I heard Fathead's voice. He was in a stall with a woman. I could hear sounds..sounds of two people kissing and slurping...

"Ohhhhhh, Ohhhhh Fathead......"

"Ohhhhhh Marsha....."

"mmmmmmph....Fathead, stop...stopp, take your hands from under my dress..ouuuu.."

'Come on girl...pull my zipper down and let me show you why they call me Fathead.."

"ouuuuuuu, ohhhh my , Fatheadddd....mmmmmmph..ohhhhhh."

They were oblivious to me, but I could see that Fathead was on something different...someone different too.

As I headed out to my car, I saw Cherry again..

"Goodnight Chess......Hey did you see Fathead in there by chance??...I'm tired...I'm ready to go home." she asked.

"He's in the bathroom....he'll be out shortly." I laughed as I got in my car and pulled off.


To be continued......

18 comments:

SLC said...

$750 is not a lot to pay to get rid of a mistake. As a matter of fact Chess owes her and Fathead a whole lotta thanks.

Blu Jewel said...

Aww sookie Keith...you know you've got me hooked like a moth to the flame...damn you for that even though I love this new story.

love to live; live to love!

Tate2 said...

Ohhhhhhhyhh mannnn what a set up..
That was just straight hatin on Chess's part..lolololol. I love it though!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Chess is playing with fire..Good thing he has Chris by his side as a voice of reason.

Swaggie said...

I got a feelin Chess is going to do something considerably unplaya like..Can't wait to see how this turns out!

Sean said...

Chess is nursing a broken heart and conflicting emotions..I'm wondering if this is going to lead him into an open conflict with Fathead Newton?

Captain Jack said...

Something About the way Chess left
and what he said makes me think he's got something deliciously wicked planned for both Cherry and Fathead.lolol

Simon Bastion said...

A beautifully lyrical and visual beginning story.

James Perkins said...

I feel for Chess,I really do...I just hope he doesn't do anything stupid.

Lisa said...

You got me hooked...This doesn't look like the usual gangsta story that would involve Chess and Chris..This looks like somethin else. Can't wait for the next part.

Halo said...

Why is Chess concerned about what Cherry does now anyway?? When he was with her, he himself was stepping out with baby mama..Now when it appears she's happy with someone else..he's uptight. Chris told him right..He is acting like a
woman! I'm surprised at him.

Vanessa said...

Chess sounds like he still carries a torch for Cherry..But he's with Rell...It seems like he's torn between both women.

Angie B. said...

I like this...This sounds like it's going to be juicy!

Toni said...

Chess is a man torn between two women..He's on a collision course with disaster!

Sunflower said...

Great story Keith...I agree with what Halo said about Chess and his double standards...Still I'm waiting to see what he does next!

Cheryl said...

Good Story...I love where this seems to be heading!

Brenda said...

You've got me hooked Keith..What's Next? Guess I have to wait until tomorrow!

Jazzy said...

Another good entry Fam!