Thursday, May 21, 2009

First Day


Hey baby
is that you lookin so good?
I don't even know why I gotta ask
but I just thought that I would..
Say something
Say something nice...
no matter how obvious and true..
something to break the ice with you../

baby,baby please
don't walk away
you are still so fine...
and you must hear this
kind of talk everyday..
but listen,
can I just have a little bit..
just a minute of your time..
I sure miss you not being my girl
and I sure wish you were still mine../

Could we start all over again??
Could we bypass being friends?
It could be like the
First Day..
All over...
You didn't know me
I didn't know you
We hadn't hurt each other...
It could be like
The First Day
All over...
I didn't lie to you
and you didn't cheat on me..
and we were closer than a sister and a brother../

I miss the curve of your hips
I miss those kissable lips..
the white diamonds perfume you used to wear
and running my hands through your braided hair..
I miss the way we used to make that bed of yours sqeak...
and the soft way you used to speak...
after we had made love....../

I haven't been with anybody since I broke up with
you..
I heard you were seeing someone for a little while
but now you're alone too.
Don't you think of me sometimes?
because I know I miss the hell out of you...
Come on over to my place, let's make up for lost time
let's make love do what it do../

It can be like the First Day
all over
you didn't know me
I hadn't hurt you...
we hadn't lied to each other...
It could be like the First Day
all over ..
when we naively thought that we were meant to be..
we could get it right this time girl...
come back..
come back to me../

17 comments:

Jazzy said...

Good Poem!

James Perkins said...

I'm feeling this bruh!

Simon Bastion said...

A beautiful poem Keith!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Nice!
Waiting for another good story!

Toni said...

Another good one Keith!

Angie B. said...

Wow..Good stuff, where do you draw these poems from? Personal experience??

Sunflower said...

Very vivid and visual!

Cheryl said...

I like this!

Brenda said...

You're still doin the dayum thing
on both of your blogs!

Halo said...

Nice one Keith!

Lisa said...

Still having problems accessing your blogs, but I did get to read this and I loved it!

Vanessa said...

Me likey!

Tate2 said...

Here's another poem that speaks of a situation I've lived through.

Swaggie said...

Nice Poem keith!

Sean said...

Really liked the title and the flow of this one.

Captain Jack said...

Very lovely poem Mr. Keith!

Anonymous said...

I almost tossed my panties at you on this one. It needed to be just a little hotter, but it was good just the same. :)