Monday, January 22, 2018

Happy Birthday Baby, Time To Die

Aqua Port, Outskirts of Philadelphia PA. 2042

About 50 people were standing at Aqua port waiting for the Aqua Bus to bank.....The reason why? They were going to the cosmopolitan party of the season....

Any Black Professional in Philadelphia , who was anybody was going to be at this party.....It was the birthday party , dinner party for Attorney , Jay Anthony Phillips...A brilliant Defense Attorney and one of Philadelphia's most eligible Black bachelors.....

The party was being given by his good friends....Arthur ''Skip" Williams, An Investment Banker and
Dr. Micheal Paul Badlin.... a surgeon.....

Three very successful bachelors...Three well known men in Philadelphia's Black community....
Arthur "Skip Williams apparently couldn't wait for the festivities to begin, he was already in the water, with a pretty little young woman, swimming and kissing her passionately....

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Mister Williams, you are soooo naughty...." she cooed...and giggled..

"Baby you aint seen naughty, heh ,heh ,heh..." he giggled...

They continued kissing passionately....

"Skip!  ,Skip, get out of the water with her man...The Aqua Bus is coming!" yelled his good friend, Dr. Micheal Paul Badlin....

"That's not all that's cumming...."he laughed....Apparently, he had gotten a little over excited in the water with the woman...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." he moaned...

"Oh  Mister Williams....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she moaned...

"You Nasty man, you nasty as hell... Both of you get out that water and get on this boat.." he said ,laughing and shaking his head...

The three men had been friends since their days at Howard University and later on at Penn, Where they graduated from Wharton, Penn Med and Penn Law...

Skip and the young woman swam ashore...

Laughing as they dried off with the big thick towels ...and awaiting the ship..

The Aqua Bus that they had rented for the affair docked ashore and soon it was crowded with party goers..

There was two D.J.'s spinning on both levels of the boat.....Lots of good Liquor was flowing...

And lot of great food was  being served....Truly a good time was being had by all...

The highlight of it all was a multi-tiered birthday cake for the birthday boy....

Jay Anthony Phillips...He smiled sheepishly as his two friends stood by his side...

"Wow!  This is really something...."he said.

"Hey Jay, you got a birthday card....and it's got lipstick on it....."said Skip...

''Mannnnnnnnnnnnnn, who is she?  You dirty dog....Who is this girl?" laughed Micheal Paul Badlin...

Jay was actually puzzled...

He whispered...

"Man...the two babes I'm dealing with already gave me their presents and they're on this boat...I'm trying to keep away from both of em.." he said.

''Well this must be somebody else...Can you think of any recent babes you been with?" said Skip..

"Nah man...."said Jay...

''Well open it up..."said Skip..

Jay read the letter inside..

"I like this perfume....but I can't remember any other girl...Not Recently..."he said.

The inscription was in spanish....

Jay looked bewildered....

''What's wrong Jaybird?" asked Micheal..

"It's in Spanish...I can't read this.."said Jay..

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu you had a Latina chick eh? You dirty dog and you didn't tell us."said Skip..

"But I didn't...I don't remember this woman...."said Jay..".and this paper is damp...."he remarked.

"Let me see it...I'm fluent in Spanish "said Dr.Micheal Paul Badlin...

He read it....His eyebrows arched  and he smiled weakly....

"Well what does it say?" asked Jay and Skip...

"Ahhhh, don't worry about it...Let's just cut this cake man..."said Micheal..

''Come on Man...What does it say?" asked Jay....

"It says Happy Birthday, you filthy whore...Hope you enjoy it because it's your last..." he said..

All three men were silent...

"Obviously not a fan..."said Skip..

"Forget about it...Haters gone Hate right?, Let's cut this cake ,so I get with some of these honeys ."said
Dr. Micheal Badlin...

Jay looked worried....Then his eyes got as wide as saucers...He grabbed his chest...and he stumbled towards the edge of the ship...

"Hey man....what's wrong?   Hey mannnnnnnnnnnnn...Jay...Jaybird...Baby what's up?" asked Skip..

"Jay...Jaybird!!" said Mike..

Jay pitched forward and plunged into the Ocean...with a loud splash....

The crowd of people who witnessed it gasped and there was loud screams!

Jay Anthony Phillips couldn't hear the screams......He'd never hear the screams.....HE WAS DEAD!!!

II-

At that very moment....I was kissing my wife, and partner, Detective Monica Nellis...back at our duplex...

I'm Detective Nate Nellis, Homicide
My wife and partner is Detective Monica Nellis, Homicide..

We've been married for a little over two years....Unknown to only a few people...My wife is a Mutant...She has the power to read minds and she can also feel people's emotions....It makes her a brilliant Homicide Detective...

Mutants are Human Beings born with the X cell..It gives them a little bit more sensitivity and power than the average human being...Most of them,like my wife are in the closet...


"Mo-Mo....you have the softest lips...." I said in between kisses...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm Nate...so do you..." she said...

I had my hands down her panties....I was squeezing her tight....

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmm girl...."I moaned...

''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh husband..." she cooed..

The phone was ringing....I hadn't noticed it at first and then I saw it vibrating....

"Hold that thought....I'll get it..."said Monica..


It was her identical twin sister and my sister in law, Dr. Monique Talbert- Cotton....Unlike Monica, Monique,her twin sister was like me, a regular human being without any extra powers....They looked alike except for their hair...Monique had red hair...Monica had jet black hair...

"Hey Mo Mo....I wouldn't normally bother you, but I got a ...A kinda weird one here...I think you and brother in law need to come and take a look at this.." said Monique...
"Only you could interrupt me at a time like this.....Good thing I love you Sis.."said Monica..

''Love you too Sis..."said Monique...
I started getting dressed....

"A murder huh?" I said, smiling..

"Yeah....I'm sorry baby...I'll make it up to you....You know I will..." said Monica...

I pulled her to me and kissed her passionately....

"I know....Come on,let's go..."I said..
Within minutes...We were in my flying car, headed to Aqua Port...




III-
As we landed at Aqua Port, I observed the party goers...

''Wow this was some wing ding...How come we didn't get invited?" I joked..
''We just aren't big enough I suppose.."laughed Monica...
From a distance....I saw the Aqua Bus....

And the Marine crew that was bringing the body in.....

Monique saw us and motioned us over...

"Hey you guys...Thanks for coming....Take a look at this guy..." she said and pulled the sheet up...

"Oh My God....He's blue!! Jay is Blue..."said Monica..

''You know this guy?" I asked..
Monica hung her head ,almost as if in shame...

"Sure do....He's an Attorney....His name is Jay Anthony Phillips.... I dated him for a minute....Really ,I didn't date him...I slept with him once or twice...He was a liar and a jerk...."said Monica with more anger in her voice than she should have....I mused..

"Nate, this man caused the only argument me and my sister ever had..I had no idea he was sleeping with her too...I was living in New York at the time...He and I met at a different place and he seduced me...He used to drive up to New York on the weekends to see me..We were both young..He knew we were twin sisters...He thought sleeping with both of us was kind of a game..."said Monique..

"I thought my sister had purposely stolen my boyfriend...We had a terrible argument...I called her a hooker and she started crying....Realizing I had hurt her feelings made me cry and we both hugged each other and promised to never let anything or any man come between us like that again..." said Monica...who hugged her sister and kissed her on the cheek...

''She still calls me Hooker though..."said Monique, who playfully nudged her sister...
"But now it's a term of affection baby..." said Monica who kissed her sister in the lips..
"Love you Hooker.." she said.

"Love you more.."said Monique..

''Damn!"I said.  They both knew it was a huge turn on for me seeing them do that!
"Oh God Have Mercy....So Sis....Is this murder?" asked Monica..

"I-I-I don't know....His buddies Skip and Mike said they were getting ready to cut the cake...It's his birthday....and that he received a disturbing birthday card...and after he read it....He got sick and fell overboard..." said Monique...

"And he fell in the water...Judging from his skin color, this is more than just a heart attack or a stroke....Did everybody eat the same food?" I asked..

"I can answer that!  Yes....They all ate the same food...No outside food....I've  got a team questioning everybody,all of the guests  and a passenger list....If we check out all of these people, we may get a clue...."said Detective Kylie White...
"I've ordered that ship quarantined until further notice....I've got a Hazmat team coming to scrub it down from top to bottom and to look for any bacteria..."said Monique...
"Before you remove the body, I need to talk to Skip and Mike..."said Monica.
"They're topside..."said Kylie...

Monica looked at me..

"I'm so embarrassed...I can't wait to run into some of your exes..."said Monica jokingly...

"These two guys your exes too?" I asked..

"Oh Hellllllllllllllllllll no...but not from lack of trying...These three hung together...They were all notorious womanizers...I should have known better, but they were fine and had a lot of money and big futures....That's what roped in a lot of girls..."said Monica..

''But the dead man was the only man who could say he had both Talbert Twins...Wow....He's almost like my hero.."I joked.
"Now he's dead....So no man alive can boast of that.."said Monica..

"I'm just happy to have had one...You, The best one." I said...

''Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww.."said Monica, who rewarded me with a soft kiss.

IV-
Skip and Mike sat on the top deck of Aqua Bus...They were both visibly stunned.....Near tears...

Upon seeing Monica, they both smiled...

"Monica Talbert...Wow....You look great....I just saw your sister....She's the County Coroner now huh? Wow! "said Dr. Micheal Paul Badlin, who had carried a torch for Monique for years....She had never given him the time of day..
Monica showed them her gold shield...

"It's Detective Monica Nellis now..Homicide!" she said..

Both men's mouth flew open wide..

"You're a Detective now? Homicide Detective....And your last name is Nellis...You ,You got married Mo Mo?" asked Skip...

"I sure did...Two years ago...This is my husband and my partner, Detective Nate Nellis."she said proudly pointing to me..

I smiled..

Skip Williams smiled and shook my hand...

''Wow!  You married your partner huh?  I aint mad at you bro...I wouldn't want all that body free and loose all day myself..I don't blame you..." he said...

Dr. Micheal Badlin chimed in...

"Me neither Bro...That was a damn good power move....Your wifey is finnnnnnnnnne.....meaner than a rattle snake, but fine..."he said ,laughing..

''She's not mean to me.."I said ..

"I bet she's not...Lawddddddddd! " exclaimed Skip...

"But you guys are Homicide Detectives..You...You...You think Jay was murdered? But how?? We were standing right next to him?  He got sick...Like he was having a stroke or something..."said Skip..

"My sister just looked at the body....He was blue....He shouldn't be blue ,considering he hasn't been dead that long."said Monica..

"Your Sister is absolutely correct....That is a sign of something abnormal.."said Dr. Badlin..

"You all ate the same food? " I asked..

"Yeah man...In fact...Jay didn't eat or drink anything...He had just got here....Neither did Skip...He was swimming..."said Dr. Mike Badlin...


''Well everybody's stomach is going to be pumped and they are going to be thoroughly examined...."said Monica..

"I suppose a Hazmat team will be examining the kitchen and examining all of the food..."asked Dr. Micheal Badlin...

"Yes..." said Monica..

"Uh tell me Mo-Mo...Uh is your sister presently seeing anyone?? She looks just yummy!" asked Dr. Micheal Badlin...who was thinking about what he wanted to do to Monique...

"Oh My God!!!!..Your best friend is dead....and all you can think about is screwing my sister?"exclaimed Monica..

He was shocked...It was almost as if Monica could read his mind, he mused....Little did he know she had read his mind!

"To answer your question....YES...Yes I am married and this is my husband right here, Lieutenant Frankie Cotton Jr."she said..

"Gentlemen.....Did anything weird or out of the ordinary happen today? I mean before Jay fell over the side of the ship?" asked Lt. Cotton...

"Well Uh no....Uh well there was one thing.....He uh got a birthday card.....It had a rather weird message on it..."said Dr. Micheal Badlin...

''Where is it?" asked Lt. Cotton..

They looked around...then someone spotted it...

"That's it...Over there.." said Skip Williams..

Monica had on Latex gloves....She picked it up and opened it...

"It's wet..."she said and read  the inscription....

"It's in Spanish....It says "Happy Birthday you filthy whore....Enjoy it...because It's your last..." she said..

She deposited it in a plastic bag to be examined for prints....

"There is a lipstick kiss on the envelope and cheap women's perfume....No return address..." she said..

"But there is a Post Office Address from where it was mailed from." I said.


"You think a murderer sent him this?" asked Dr. Micheal Badlin...

''We don't know anything right now...We are going to look into everything.." said Monica....

''Damnnn ."said Skip...


"You know you three guys broke a lot of women's hearts....and that's just putting it lightly...You think some woman might have done this?" asked Monica...

''I would uh hope not..."said Skip Williams who looked sick and sat down.....

"I hate to do this...But I'm going to need for you two to surrender your phones....I need to contact all of the women you know...I'll be discreet,I promise...Right now, we can't rule anything or anyone out.."said Monica..

Skip Williams shook his head..

''Sure...You know this is uh kind of ironic.."he said.
"Yes, I know...I'm investigating his murder....He slept with me and my sister...He nearly drove a wedge between us....I have secretly wanted him dead for years...." said Monica..

"How did you know? How did you find out he was dating both of you?? She was in New York at the time..."asked Skip...

He had no idea that Monica was a mutant ,who could read thoughts and feel emotions...She had sensed it at first...and then Monique had confirmed it.....She didn't know that Jay knew Monique..

Monica didn't tell him all of that...she simply said-

"We are sisters....You don't think we talk?" said Monica..

He shook his head...

''And you believed her?" he asked.

''Why wouldn't I? She's my sister.."said Monica..

He shrugged..

"I guess you're right...Is that why you never gave me any play?" he asked.

"You think I didn't know that he went back and told you how good I was in bed?...And said that after he was "through" with me you ought to have a play?" asked Monica...

"He told you that?" asked Skip..

He hadn't....Monica thoroughly read his thoughts...She said to him...

"I could make him tell me anything ,when I had him in the bed.."she said..

Skip looked genuinely frightened....then impressed...

''Damnnnnnnnnnnn!"he said.

"Come down to the precinct with those phones tomorrow...Don't delete any numbers..."said Monica..

"Okay Mo-Mo...Nice seeing you again.."said Dr. Micheal Badlin...who was still eyeing her salaciously....

"Yeah,nice seeing you and your sister..."said Skip..Who had wanted both Monica and Monique sexually at one time...

V-

"Sis....I don't know what to make of this....But he didn't die of natural causes....I am certain of that.."said Monique sometime later..

"I know...The body was blue....That is weird...But everybody ate the same food...and Jay hadn't eaten or drank anything at all..." said Monica..

"Not on that boat...Maybe before he got there...I've got a CSI team going over his loft...for anything, examining all of his food and


Kylie is looking at his credit and debit card purchases for the last 72 hours.."I said.
"This is crazy.."said Monica.

 We all sat in the squadroom, baffled... This was the beginning of one of Monica and I's strangest cases...

This was some birthday present...

(TO BE CONTINUED)



2 comments:

Swaggie said...

Loved this title...I thought it was a Kevin story at first!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

So Did I...He had one called "Goodnight baby, time to die" years ago!