Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Make Me Disapear

"You've got a contract on you?  What? You into some gambler for a large sum or somethin?" I asked..Knowing that Pink was a high stakes gambler...He played at only the top games..
"No Kevin...No...And in case you aint heard...I've won big at the last three floating crap games...." he said.

''No...I hadn't heard..."I said. There was a time when I would have heard...but my ear wasn't in the streets like that now of days...I was a Husband and a Father and I ran a business...Morris Communications...I ran a successful Investigative Agency, Morris Investigations...but most, a lot of my investigations was for Attorneys and their court cases..Robert Foxworth, Chance Howard, Cole...even Nelson East once...Kayla Bennett and Glenda Brown...I didn't tangle with the underworld too much anymore...Which is why I was home most days at a normal time and at work for a full day most days...A case like this harkened back to my early days...

''So what kind of trouble are you in and how bad is it/" I asked.
''Real Bad Kev...Like Big Uncle bad..." said Pink...

''Big Uncle?The Detroit Gangster.??? I heard he got sprung from Federal Prison, but what does he want with you?? How does he know you??" I asked..

"He doesn't....But his represenative here in Philly does...Flounder Wilson and he is the one who put the contract out on me..."said Pink..

"Flounder Wilson??  Wowww!  Kool Kat and me and our wives were just at his joint a few days ago..having dinner..So it's true...He's still in the drug business.."I said..

''He never left it...He was always under the radar...Don Dada...When he was running things,allowed him to float his package...Marijuana to the independent crews...He paid Don Dada and Frank White a cut of his earnings...They left him alone...Now Frank White, Jake "Greazy Thumbs" Gaskins and Baby Dave Gillis are dead...And Don Dada's whole operation was crushed and he and Chick fled the city....It's wide open now for whoever wants to take a big step up the ladder..."said Pink...

"I hear Jamaica Jack is floating a package up in North Philly..."I said..

"Yeah, he is.."said Pink...

''What has all of this got to do with you? You in the drug business now Pink?"I asked.
''No man...You know me better than that...This is over a girl!" said Pink...

''
A Girl?" I asked...now further confused.

II-
''I met this girl Kev...A Redbone, with Brown hair and hazel eyes...Like I like...She reminded me of a younger version of Sissy Van Buren...I met her in Aqua Bar....Kev, we hit it off like that...Laughin, talkin...Me buying her a night worth  of drinks , and exchanging numbers...We met up again at Stoleys and again at Josies on crab night...Same deal...and then finally she invites me up to her place..And before you ask..Yeah,I knew that Flounder had his eye on her...Hell he has the paper on her Condo and her car...She tells me it's alright...that She and Flounder are business associates and that's all...


Kev...I screwed the panties off of that gal, best I ever had..."said Pink...

"And it didn't worry you that she might be Flounder's girl?" said Gus, who overheard our conversation...

"Gus man...it's Flounder....we not talkin bout no Big Willie here..."said Pink.

"Things have changed Pink, I'm surprised at you....Flounder is floating a nice package on the streets...He's already selling to guys in Frank White and Jake ''Greasy Thumb"Gaskins old area...and now I know who his connect is...Big Uncle out of Detroit...Big Uncle wants to establish a Beach head here in Philly...."I said...

"He wants to make an example out of me...Show everybody he's in charge..."said Pink...

"How do you know there is a contract on you?" I asked...I have never asked Pink how he knew anything..He'd always given me solid information...but I felt compelled to act..

"I got it from a credible source...a very credible source...Someone who would know...His number two man, Tony Fetters...He told me to get in the wind soon and that a heavyweight from Detroit was comin in to take me out and Jamaican Jack up in North Philly.."said Pink who passed me an envelope...
I opened it...It was twenty large...

''Kevin, I need your help...I need you to make me disappear..."said Pink.
I stuffed the envelope in my pocket...

''Where are you staying now?"I asked.
''He's staying in the room upstairs..Albert and Andrew have been guarding the door..."said Honey Brown...

"He can't stay there for ever..Let me make some phone calls...I know a place..."I said.

"Thanks Kevin..."he said.. I could see he was visibly shook ..

III-
I could understand bringing in a hitter to kill his competition, Jamaican Jack.., but not Pink...Pink wasn't in the game...Playas seldom if ever hit civilians...Guys not in the game and never hit anybody, Playa or not over a woman...That was a personal issue and it made Flounder look weak to Detroit...I was going to get Pink to our safehouse...The one near the Airport where Ralph Mole and Roscoe Wallace lived...I had hidden Sepia,Bonita, Robert Foxworth and others there...Nobody had ever been discovered..

I called Ralph Mole..

"Sure Kev...Bring ole Pink over...We got a nice card game goin...and some good food and lots of liquor...Nobody will find him here.."said Ralph..

"Thanks Ralphie...I owe you.."I said..

I looked at Pink...

"Go upstairs...Pack your stuff quick...We'll be by at closing...Gus, Honey Bee, Bring him to the back door...as soon as you close and get the last person out of here.." I said..

''Okay Kevin..."said Honey Brown..
''Kev, Gus, I appreciate this.."said Pink..
"Lay low...You know you're gonna have to ditch that phone don't you?" I said..

"I did...It's at my place..."said Pink..

I smiled...

"Good Thinking Pink."I said.



IV-

2:30 AM , Josies had been closed for about an hour...
 Gus called me.... Kool Kat and I drove up as planned...and Pink and his things exited quietly out the back door..Gus's two security men, Albert and Andrew kept watch on the streets to make sure no one was around watching...

Pink got in the car...

I was driving, Kool Kat was riding shotgun...
He nodded and smiled at Pink as we pulled off..

Pink was surprisingly not in a talkative mood...Considering the graveness of his situation.
''So Pink, was she worth it?" asked Kool Kat...

Pink became very animated..

"Kools...She was worth every bit of it man....

Whooooo, best I've had to date...I almost hated to cum.." he said.
''Damnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn man...."said Kool Kat...

"Nobody is worth dying over..."I reminded both of them who were somewhat ladies men...

"Yeah you right..That's why I settled down , took myself outta the game."confessed Kool Kat...

"One of these days..I'm gonna take myself outta the game too...I'm gettin to old for this run and gun, gangsta b.s." said Pink..
''Look you stay at Ralph Moles for a few days.You got any people, out of town?" I asked..
"I got people in uh Cali..."said Pink...

"Okay....maybe Kool Kat and I will drive you to B.W.I. and you catch a flight to Cali.....Meanwhile...I'm going to try and talk some sense into Flounder's head..."I said.

"Mannn, nobody hits somebody over a woman...I can't believe that Big Uncle is sending somebody here...Don't you see how weak that makes Flounder look?" said Kool Kat...

"Look, his Lieutenant ,Tony told me that he's trying to talk him out of it..Between you and him,maybe he'll drop this contract.."said Pink..

"You uh still gonna see that girl?" asked Kool Kat..

"Bad as I want to....Uh no...I think I'm gonna lay back with her.."said Pink..


"Provided she doesn't have some kind of unseemly accident.." I said..

"Nah...He wouldn't hurt her...She's got his nose opened a mile wide..."laughed Pink...
We all laughed as we drove to Ralph Mole's house...

V-
And At Flounder's office...Flounder was just putting his phone down...His Lieutenant, Tony looked at him...

''No way I can talk you out of this huh Flounder?" he asked.

"It's already in the works...I just got off the phone with the man himself..Big Uncle..He's sending his best guy...a guy named Duke...Duke Clarke...He's flying to Newark Airport...You are to pick him up...Bring him to Philly....His first order of business is to find this Pink charactor and take his ass out.,Then..He's to take out Jamaican Jack...After that....We'll be floating Big Uncle's package practically all over the city..The rest will do business with us once they realize we got the best package in town...I assured Big Uncle of that...."said Flounder...

Tony shook his head...

"Now...go get the car...I'm going to pay Tiffany a visit..."said Flounder Wilson...Thinking about her sexy body and how bad he wanted to get next to her..


Tony just shook his head...

''Comin up Boss!" he said.
(TO BE CONTINUED)





10 comments:

Toni said...

This is soooo classic "Kevin"

Angie B. said...

This story could have been written in 2009..

Sunflower said...

I have to admit...The circumstances of this story does take me back to the very beginning of the Kevin stories.

Lisa said...

So glad you didn't stop writing Kevin stories... I love your new series...Sissy and her detectives , Olivia /Beverly & Donnie Ray , Nate & Monica and now The Associates,but I still love Kevin and Sepia and Kool Kat and Gus....

Halo said...

With the exception of Nate and Monica...Gus has appeared in all of the storylines...
Kevin, Sissy,Carlotta et al , Olivia/Beverly/Donnie Ray and The Associates... For that matter...Kevin has appeared in all of the storylines too, except Nate and Monica.

Vanessa said...

I agree, this is so classic Kevin, it could have been written in 2009!~

Cheryl said...

This guy Flounder has really called a hit man in from Detroit to Pink? He could hire local talent...Probably someone more accustomed to Pink to do so....

Rita said...

Nice to see Ralph Mole using the safehouse again to hide a guy like the old days.

Brenda said...

This Guy Flounder is ridiculous...He hasn't slept with this girl...Yet he has her in a condo, leased her a car and now calling in a hitman to kill Pink? Are you kidding me?

Swaggie said...

Exactly....That's what I was saying yesterday!