Thursday, January 4, 2018

The File

Picking a Jury was a trial inside the trial...


Bee Bee and Khalil were experts at reading potential jurors and picking them...
ADA Rockland Cambridge was just as good at rejecting them and determining what jurors would not be right for his trial...

He was particularly perturbed by Bee Bee
who was giving him a run for his money at every step of the way.....She reminded him in more ways than one of the daughter of the woman he was sleeping with...

 Attorney Beverly West....The side kick and niece of Attorney Olivia Bennett-Alexander...

The two Attorneys who handed him two devastating defeats in court...

But the thought of Alfreda....Beverly's mother...


of her kissing him


of making love to her


seemed to calm him.....seem to change his mood...
He was getting a slight erection just thinking about Alfreda.....

Still he was the consumate professional and every bit as formidable as Bee Bee had warned us at the beginning of the trial..

Bee Bee and
Khalil compromised...They picked six jurors that they were pleased with and
reluctantly, Rockland agreed....

Khalil used a different tactic....sensing that Bee Bee and Rockland were bumping heads too much...He inserted Sofia with instructions on what to look for in a juror..
Sofia with her nice legs and voluptuous body kind of through Rockland off...
He found himself smiling at her and laughing at her jokes and in spite of himself approving of three more jurors, but rejecting four more...He wasn't that enthralled...
I was next up....I picked two jurors that I knew we didn't want just because I knew he'd reject them...Which was what I wanted...I appeared to be not so sure of the remaining jurors we did want and just like that...
Rockland approved of the jurors...We had gotten the jury we wanted and practically tricked him into accepting them.
Ms. Yvette Jones was sitting in the back of the courtroom watching and observing the entire thing...She hugged all four of us individually after court adjourned for the day....She knew exactly what I had just done..I learned it from her when I was second chair on a trial with her....She nodded her approval...

"I am so proud of you guys....The way you worked together....You actually got the jury you wanted..." she said...

"That was the easy part...We are going to be hitting the books tonight.." said Bee Bee....

I passed Bee Bee my key.....

"We'll meet in my room....I've got to go somewhere first,I'll be back.." I said and left.
"I'll bring food...I made Sandwiches and Potato Salad...." said Bee Bee..
I smiled at her...and kissed her..
"You think of everything bae...I love you!" I said..

Bee Bee smiled.. Her eyes got as wide as saucers...

''Come on girlfriend...We have work to do." said Sofia...Who heard what I said and witnessed the whole thing..She was trying to keep her friend focused..
"You all are so cute." gushed Yvette...
Rockland Cambridge walked over to Yvette...She hadn't seen him in weeks...

''Well Hello Ms. Yvette....You're looking quite well." He said... He couldn't help but notice her nice shapely legs and her sexy figure....She had caught his eye three years ago at a chance meeting while watching her try a case before a colleague...She had spoken in a whisper and had had on a form fitting dress much like the one she was wearing today that accentuated every curve...

He was slightly aroused even now in spite of himself...
''Hello Rockland..." she said cooly... For the first time she wasn't falling apart around him...

"These are your kids huh? They're surprisingly very good.." he said.

"They're very good...I hand picked them myself...out of a loaded pool of candidates..."said Yvette..

''You did a good job!  You have an eye for talent I see.So...It seems strange to me that four young green attorneys who don't work for the Public Defenders Office, but rather work for a fancy Law Firm like yours gets handed a big high profile case like this against someone of my caliber....I've just never seen it happen....Have you?" he asked coyly...

"Come to think of it...No I haven't....But you know , Strange things like that happen all the time.." said Yvette....

She knew Rockland and she knew he was fishing ,trying to find out something...She wasn't about to bite and put her young charges at a disadvantage...
"I know you'd know better than to put them in harms way at such an early juncture in their young careers...So did the order come from above? Over your head? Perhaps to sabotage this uh diversity program of yours?" he asked..

"That must be it Rockland...." said Yvette..

He knew she was being a smart alec....She was wearing his favorite fragrance...and she was dressed to the nines...She was looking so good that he found himself incredibly aroused by her....Her legs, her smooth skin...her luscious kissable lips....

"Perhaps we could discuss this further....Drinks?" he asked..

"Sorry Rockland...That would be a conflict of interest and besides....I have a date." said Yvette...

Now he was surprised..and a little disappointed...

"A date? Anybody I know?" he asked..

"Okay...Now you're being extra.....Bye Rockland..." said Yvette...

She felt good, not falling apart and not caving into Rockland's sly  maneuvers...
He watched her walk down the street until she was out of his view...Damn she was a sexy woman...He thought to himself...Very aroused by her...





II-
I sat in the bar and waited patiently....I had gotten a text on my phone from a Blocked number asking me to meet someone at this bar, which was halfway across town and that it pertained to the trial...

To my surprise...Yvette walked in the bar...

"You?  You sent the text from the blocked number?" I asked.

"I'm sorry Keith, I had to do this...This was the only way I could get you away from the others to give you this..." she said and passed me a file..

I looked at it...

''What is this?" I asked.
"It's a file...There is information in there that should help you with your case...Oh and you can not tell Bee Bee, Khalil or Sofia that I gave this to you..It's our little secret." said Yvette..

"Just one more secret we are keeping from them right?" I said and smiled.

Yvette smiled..She softly rubbed my hands...

"Yes, I suppose so..."she said.

"How did you get this?" I asked.

"I have a friend... "was all she would say...

"This guy that's sending you all the flowers? " I asked..

She didn't answer...

"Good Bye Keith..Remember..we never met here and I didn't give that to you." she said and smiled...

.
"Whatever you say Boss Lady." I said..She had such a sexy smile...She still got me aroused..
III-
Back at my apartment...I arrived....

Bee Bee and Sofia had made Ham and Cheese and Turkey and Swiss sandwiches and Potato Salad...

Just like they did when we were in college...Bee Bee had also cooked a batch of Fried Chicken too...

Girl could cook, both in and out of the bed...
Khalil smiled when he saw me...We had our law books and laptops ready...

We were going to be up late preparing for this trial ,which started in two days...
I told everybody they were welcomed to stay...but I knew Sofia and Khalil were going right back up to his apartment after we called it a night..

As much as they talked about me and Bee Bee, they couldn't keep their hands off of each other either...And I knew Bee Bee was staying with me...
She knew it too...She had already brought up her night clothes and put them in my bedroom....
I produced the file that Yvette had given me...
Bee Bee's eyes got as huge as saucers once she read it..

''Keith ,Where did you get this?" she asked...as she munched on Fried Chicken and Potato Salad..

"Man this gives us a big heads up..."said Khalil...who was putting a dent in the sandwiches..

"Come on spill papi."said Sofia, smiling..

I showed them the text I got ,sent from a blocked number...

"Look ,I got this just before we went to court today, So I went and met with this guy....I never seen him before in my life...He just handed this file to me and left...Why I don't know...Maybe whoever this guy is...He's a friend of our client or he has an axe to grind with Rockland Cambridge....I don't know...At this point..I don't care." I said...

I hated lying to my friends...But I had promised Yvette I wouldn't tell that she gave me the file and the truth was...I had no idea who gave her this file.
''Wow Man....This helps a lot.." said Khalil..
"I'll say.."said Sofia..
"Well , we need all the luck we can get against Rockland Cambridge..."said Bee Bee.."I don't care where it came from...We got it..That's all that matters.." said Bee Bee...She then whispered to me..."Keith can I have a word in private with you?" she asked.

"Sure ."I said as I munched on a Fried Chicken Wing...

"She'll get it out of him now!"joked Sofia to Khalil, who smiled
and picked up a Turkey and Cheese sandwich....

"What is it baby?" I asked and put my arms around her waist....I allowed them to slowly drift towards her butt...She smiled....
"You kissed me before you left to go meet your secret benefactor...and you said..."You think of everything bae...I love you!" Did you uh mean that?" she asked..

"It is early in our relationship, but I most certainly do....I think I always have...We have been as close as siblings in Law school...and now we, we are like a couple...I certainly do love you..."I said.

"I feel the same way..I love you too...I just didn't want to scare you..by saying it too soon.."she said.

I squeezed her butt..

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..." she cooed..

"I love everything about you.."I said..

"Some things more than others right?" she said and smiled..

''Exactly." I said.

We both laughed nervously...

I pulled her to me and kissed her passionately...

"It's not too soon.." I said..in between a few kisses....

She took me by the hand...

"Okay...let's go eat...before they think we are in here doing it." she said.
I laughed...I lightly slapped her on her behind...

"That's for later, after Khalil and Sofia have gone up to his apartment.." I said ,smiling raffishly at her..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...I'm going to hold you to that.." she said and smiled seductively at me...

When we emerged Khalil remarked..

''Damnnnn ,I've heard of a quickie...but that was real quick!" he said,laughing..
"Did you get it out of him? Who gave him that file?" joked Sofia...

Bee Bee laughed...

"He doesn't know who it was...I'm certain of it.." she said.

"I told you!" I joked. I wrapped my arms around Bee Bee's waist and kissed her neck...

"Now where were we at?" I said, smiling...

Bee Bee was blushing something terrible ,but trying to maintain her composure...

She was fooling no one!

IV-
And At Yvette's apartment...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, Garyyyyyyyyyyyyy, Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she moaned...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH My godddddddddd!" he yelled..

He had Yvette's legs wide open, he had lifted her up and was thrusting away.....He was losing his mind...her body was so soft, smelled so good and she was so moist...He didn't know if he was coming or going!

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my god, ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh my godddddddddddddd!" he yelled....

"I-I-I gave one of my charges the file...The one I trust the most...I never mentioned your name or...or ..how I got the file and he won't tell the others...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh my goddd ,thank you Gary....Wouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!"she moaned..

They kissed each other sloppily and continued making sweet love..

"Good Girl...Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmph....Goood Girlllllllllllllllll...lawwwwwwwwwwwd!  Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." he moaned....
If she screws me like this when she's happy, I need to pass information on to her all the time....he mused...
"Oh My godddddddddddd....Oh my goddddddddddddddddddddddddd...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh good lawd "he yelled..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Garyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!"she moaned...

V-
And at the bar....
"Tragg, are you certain this is an open and shut case?" asked ADA Rockland Cambridge...

"I'm telling you...I brought in a good case...A case you can depend on....Ask Nina Rios...I gave her a good case a few months back..."said Lt. Tragg...
"Alright because I'm on a roll, this will make my 80th straight win!' said Rockland..."Oh and those four Attorneys....They don't seem green...They seemed like they were veterens." he added..

"I'm telling you...I got the book on them...They just graduated from law school last year....They work at some fancy dan firm...Conner, McClusky ,Cozen and Pratt and Associates." he said.

That's Yvette's firm...The one named Jones...Keith Jones..
That's the one I saw with Yvette in court a few weeks ago.
 ..He thought...Then he thought about Bee Bee...

And the girl...Bee Bee Evans....She worked Third chair with Olivia Bennett-Alexander  and Beverly West...

They won a big murder case that his friend..ADA Daniel Peterson thought he had in the bag...He was sick about losing....He had even seen the other two..
 Khalil Ahmed
 and Sofia Garcia
Working an Immigration case with Beverly's fiance, Nelson East..in this very courtroom a few weeks earlier..
If these four have been working with Attorneys like this , they're not green or slouches...They've been mentored by the best, he hated to say....He was not going to be lulled into being over  over confident listening to Tragg....
Plus Gary, his investigator had told him...Yvette picked them because they all had such high scores in Law School...
He should depend on Gary more and not listen to Lt. Tragg...

He wondered where Gary was now...Probably in the bar somewhere ,trying to pick up some woman , he mused..

He thought about Yvette...

She said she had a date!  Right!  She was probably sitting in her apartment listening to Jill Scott or watching a movie on the Lifetime channel. He mused.
If he only knew...Neither was the truth....

Gary was in Yvette's apartment in bed with her ,making her moan...

"Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.......ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."she cooed..

"Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwww lawwwwd girl.....ummmmmmmmmmmmmph."he moaned....


The bed was squeaking so loud....it sounded as if all the springs might pop out any minute...and the headboard was giving the wall a workout....

"Woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo..." she cooed loudly...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh.....Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu girl!" moaned Gary...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Gary...Yesssssssssssssssssssss.......Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu.." she cooed.

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh babyyy..Oh Yvette, you are driving me out of my mind...." he moaned...

(TO BE CONTINUED)



10 comments:

Toni said...

I think Rockland still has the hots for Ms. Yvette!

Angie B. said...

I do too...He better not break Alfreda's heart after he practically begged her to be his girlfriend...

Sunflower said...

Ms. Yvette has a two possibly three guys entranced with her...That includes Keith Jones , who appears to be smitten with Bee Bee...but in the back of his mind...He still cares for Yvette...(she might care for him too!)

Lisa said...

A lot is going on here...I fear somebody is going to get hurt...

Halo said...

Good story Keith, I see lots of drama brewing on the horizon!

Vanessa said...

You keep this blog poppin!

Cheryl said...

Don't he though?

Rita said...

I think Keith and Bee Bee are solid...I don't think Yvette is that into Gary...He's just something to do...I think Rockland is realizing what he lost!

Brenda said...

I concur with what Rita said!

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES!