Friday, January 19, 2018

Something One Of You Already Knows

On a rain swept street in the Port Richmond Section....My wife, Carlotta's car drove up...
Sitting next to her , was her partner, Detective Tyriq Pile
and her other partner, Detective James "Jimmy" Barlow..

Three Police cars drove up behind them....

"Feels like Homecoming..."said Jimmy...

 ''You grew up around here Jimmy?"said Carlotta...
''Yeah, not too far from here.." said Jimmy....
"You think he'll come in without a warrant?" asked Tyriq....

"If I ask him nicely."said Carlotta, smiling.....
Carlotta rang the doorbell...

A thick necked goon answered the door....He looked at her and smiled salaciously....

She smiled at him and then showed him her badge...

"Could I speak to David ?" she asked...

He looked at Tyriq and Jimmy


and the police behind them...

He thought better of arguing...He smiled...

"Sure thing..."

Baby Dave Gillis  walked into the lobby of the building...He looked at Carlotta and smiled..

"Damn girl...You too fine to be a cop!  What is this about?" he asked.

''ADA Keith Wallace and Lieutenant Sissy Van Buren would like to talk to you.. You're not being arrested ,they just want to talk and we'll have an officer bring you back.."said Carlotta...

"How about YOU bring me back?" he laughed...

Carlotta smiled..

"What are you doing after you get off work?" he asked..

"I'm married papi..." said Carlotta.

''And I'm Discreet...." he said, completely serious.

II-
In another part of town, Detectives Sirena Pile and Antonio Hopkins entered a very Tony Loft, the home of Don Dada.....

''So this is where the so called "King Of North Philly resides." said Hop...
"He's not too royal now of days....All of his people are in jail and his lawyers are busy cutting structured pleas...His businesses are all shut down and seized by the feds....He's lucky he escaped with his shirt."said Sirena...
''You think he'll come in without a fight?" asked Hop..

Sirena put on some lipstick, teased her hair and opened her blouse a little ,showing some cleavage...

"If I ask him nicely."she said, smiling...
Don Dada's nephew, Chick came to the door...He was Sirena's age...and he fancied himself somewhat of a lady's man...

He took one look at Sirena and broke into a big smile..

Sirena produced her badge....

"You work for that foxy Lieutenant?" he asked..

''We do..And She would like to talk to you and your uncle..."said Sirena..

Chick looked at Hop..

and the police he had behind him...

He yelled out...

"UNC!  We got company!" he said.

III-
At the airport....

Detective Angie Belton-Barlow and a tall, well dressed man were laughing and giggling...and walked into a small waiting area , where her partner...Detective Edwin "Duke" Baylor stood..

Upon seeing Duke, his smile faded.....He knew Angie was a cop when he got off the plane...and she asked him to step her way...

She produced a badge...And he spent the entire walk flirting and trying to hit on her...but seeing Duke..he knew this was serious...

'What is this about?" he asked..

"Your name is Duke Clarke right? From Detroit? " said Duke... "My name is Duke also...Duke Baylor..."

"You guys are Detectives...What do you want?" asked Duke Clarke..

"We want you to get back on that plane ad go back to Detroit..."said Duke..

"How you sound?  I can't come to Philly to vacation?" he asked..

"Open your briefcase sugar?" asked Angie...

He smiled..and opened his briefcase....

There were clothes and underwear......

''Nice Boxers..."said Angie..."Silk" she observed.

"Now, let me see your underwear.." he asked...

"You're fresh.."laughed Angie...

Duke removed the clothes and found a gun..

He smiled sheepishly...

Duke Baylor was not amused...

''What's this for?" asked Duke

Duke Clarke said  "That's for protection....It aint safe in these streets...I read the papers.." he said.

Duke Baylor said..

"Get back on the plane ,go back to Detroit and tell Big Uncle...Neither he nor his people are welcomed here...Now you can do that or I can arrest you and hold you for at least 48 hours..Now that would be a waste of your time and mine...So what is it?"asked Duke..

"Alright...I got a round trip ticket....The next plane leaves at 11:00 am...."said Duke Clarke..

"It's a little after nine sugar...How was you gonna spend any time with me if you had to leave that soon?" cooed Angie..

He smiled salaciously...

"Baby, I'd of missed my flight for you.." he said.... "Lawddddddddddd!" he proclaimed...Then he shrugged...

"Let's get you on that return flight..." said Duke.

IV-
Sissy was adjusting her lipstick and fixing her hair when Don Dada, his nephew Chick and Baby Dave Gillis walked into her office and sat down..

All three men were impressed with her beauty and couldn't take their eyes off of her...

I walked in..I sat down...I didn't say anything...
"Gentlemen...I want to thank you  first of all for coming down here to talk to me.."said Sissy...

"Not that I mind, Seeing as it's you....but did we really have a choice?" said Don Dada...

Baby Dave smiled..

''Where is that foxy detective you had pick me up? The Latina..?"he asked.

"Oh you mean my WIFE? Detective Rodriguez-Wallace?" I asked....I stood up...

He winced...

"I'm going to tell you two gentlemen something , that one of you already knows....One of you is tired of your 25 percent deal....So when Big Uncle reached out....You made a deal with him...He sent his Lieutenant here to Philly telling you four bush leaugers that Big Uncle was interested in new territory...but one of you knew that that was just a ruse...He wanted his Lieutenant, who he had fallen out of favor with hit....and one of you did it and chopped off his thumb and made everybody think that Jake "Greasy Thumbs" Gaskins did it... Frank White decided to hit him to make Big Uncle feel as though the problem was handled in house and we got a call from one of you fingering both Frank White and Jake "Greasy Thumbs "Gaskins....who are both dead now and out of business....I gotta hand it to you....It was masterful...Worthy of Big Uncle himself...   Big Uncle sent a hitman here to finish off one of you as payback for hitting his Lieutenant...That would leave one of you gentlemen with the whole enchilada...Except that that's not going to happen...We intercepted the hitman, a Mr. Duke Clarke and sent him back to Detroit....Does this story sound familiar to any of you guys...?" I said.

"It's quite a story Mr. Wallace..."said Baby Dave Gillis...

"Look, My Uncle didn't have anything to do with this or any murders....Now you either charge him or.."said Chick...

"NO!  I don't have to do anything!"I said angrilly...."I'm not charging either of you with anything....I'm going to let you both go....You're free to go....I'm going to wait until one of you kills the other....Then I'm going to arrest whoever is left standing and thank you for supporting your local police..How about that?" I said..

"Can I go?" asked Baby Dave Gillis..

''Sure...You all can go.."said Sissy... "I'll say goodbye now and I do mean goodbye fellas....To one of you...Maybe both of you..." said Sissy.

The three men all stood up and walked out...
Two hours later....Baby Dave Gillis and one of his bodyguards walked up to a pier at Penns Landing..

Chick and a bodyguard were standing there...Chick pointed to a well dressed man sitting on the steps...

Baby Dave Gillis walked up and sat next to Don Dada...

"You called me...?" asked Baby Dave...

"I did..I have a proposition for you..."said Don Dada..

''Do Tell"said Baby Dave..

"I have been crippled by the Feds...but I still have a nice operation in North Philly, Juice, Whores and a small package....My Nephew and I are taking our money and leaving Philly...We are going to a nice sunny island in the Bahamas...So  I'm offering you what's left of my operation for 20 Million dollars."said Don Dada..

Baby Dave laughed..."You are off your nut old man...20 million dollars.." he scoffed...

"Okay.....10 Million dollars..."said Don Dada...

Baby Dave laughed some more..

"7 million...that's my final offer ."said Don Dada...

"I wouldn't give you seven dollars..."laughed Baby Dave...

Don Dada stood up....

"Well!  This meeting is over.." he said ...He gathered Chick and the bodyguard and he left....

Baby Dave laughed long and hard..
Some Six hours later....Baby Dave met Chick outside the Loft, where Don Dada lived..

"I never thought you were a turncoat Chick."said Baby Dave ....

"I'm on the side that wins.."said Chick..

"That's the only side to be on..."said Baby Dave, who cocked his pistol..adjusted his silencer and walked upstairs...

When he walked upstairs to the loft he found Don Dada....sitting as if he was waiting for him and had accepted his fate...

''So it comes to this eh Baby Dave?" he said.

"Yup, it comes to this...."said Baby Dave...

"Look...I could just take my money and leave...You've got the city...Do I have to die?" asked Don Dada, the once proud King of North Philly...

"I'm sorry old man....I know you and I know you'd be up to something...I could never trust you....Not after this..."said Baby Dave...

"You killed French Robinson and cut his thumb off to make it look like Greasy Thumbs did it....and you told Greasy Thumbs that Frank White took out the contract on him....knowing he'd go after Frank...and you called the cops and had them arrive there just in time to catch both of them..."said Don Dada...

"That's about it....I was tired of my 25 percent....I want it all...And Now I'm poised to take it all....See the cops didn't arrest not one of my guys..."said Baby Dave...

"One last thing...You had Big Uncle send a hitter to take me out right?" said Don Dada..

"Yup.....That way it wouldn't come back on me....Now I have a question for you.....You knew it was me!...You knew when we left that meeting with ADA Wallace and Sissy Van Buren...YOU KNEW IT WAS ME  BEHIND THIS WHOLE THING, JUST LIKE YOU KNEW I WASN'T GONNA MAKE A DEAL WITH YOU....WHY WOULD I HAVE TO PAY FOR WHAT I COULD TAKE? YOU'RE IN NO POSITION TO STOP ME!  You could've left town or made a move, why didn't you?" asked Baby Dave...

Don Dada smiled...

"I did make a move.." he said.
I stepped out of the closet...

"He did make a move!!!...He called me..We got your entire confession on tape...You're under arrest for Murder and Conspiracy to commit murder Baby Dave...You overplayed your hand...It's  a wrap for you!"I said.

"WHATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT?" screamed the volatile hood..."NO!!! NO!! NO!!!! I'll kill you!!! I'll Kill you both" he screamed ......

He pulled out his gun and aimed at both me and Don Dada...We both ducked....He got off two shots that wildly missed us both...

Duke Baylor fired five times..hitting Baby Dave.....who spun around like a top!!!

Baby Dave screamed like a woman and tossed his gun up in the air and fell to the floor....

''Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!......Arggggggggggggggggggh!! I-I-I don't believe it....I've been shot!!! I've been shot....wooooooooooooooooooo lawdddd! I've been shot Ummmmmmmph!" he moaned...

Duke holstered his gun...and stared balefully at him....

Carlotta leaned down ....and looked at him....

Baby Dave smiled...He looked at her one last time..

"Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..Don't look like me and you will be dating after allllll....."he said...and then he died!

Don Dada and his nephew Chick stood over him...

''When he refused to make a deal with me...I had no choice but to call you , ADA Wallace  said Don Dada to me..

Sissy walked in and placed two airline tickets in the hands of Don Dada and Chick..

"My part of the bargain.....These are two one way tickets to the Bahamas.....The plane leaves in the morning...I expect you and Chick to be on that plane..."said Sissy , who managed a smile..

"I always keep my bargains..."he said and smiled.. He kissed her on the cheek...

His nephew, Chick look at the other detectives....



 Hop, Tyriq and Jimmy.....

"I won't miss those guys.....but these other two almost make we want to stay.." he said looking salaciously at Angie and Sirena..


Who just smiled and shook their heads....

EPILOUGE-
After the death of Baby Dave, the police raided all of his establishments....Arresting 49 of his top lieutenants and an additional 52 low level criminal associates...

The four Crime Syndicates were effectively broken up!

We all left ''Copland" and returned to our regular rotations....It was nice to sleep in our own beds...
Carlotta was more amorous than ever...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh papiiiiiiiiiiii it feels so good to be alone with you in our own room.."she said..

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww"I moaned...

What followed was SEVEN TO EIGHT HOURS of non-stop lovemaking....

Sometime later.....Carlotta and I were holding hands, walking along Penns Landing..

When we ran into Lieutenant Tragg...

"Well look who it is...The Wallaces..." he said... "I heard you guys broke up "The Commission" he said.

"The Commission?" asked Carlotta...

"That's what they called themselves....Frank White, Don Dada, Jake "Greasy Thumbs"Gaskins and Baby Dave Gillis...Four Crime Syndicates...and a four way split...They had a stranglehold on the city for awhile...Damn good work you guys!...Only thing is...Those guys kept the peace...Now the city is wide open..It's going to be like the wild west now...but...hey...we do what we can." he said and walked off..

"I hate to say this...But for once..he's actually right..."I said..

Carlotta smiled and said something in Spanish that I didn't understand...

''What did you just say?" I asked.
"I said that even a broken clock is right twice a day." she said and laughed that devilish sexy grin of hers...
I pulled her to me and kissed her passionately...
"Ohhhhhhhhhhh my godddd Carlotta.."I moaned..

"Take your hands from up under my dress...We are still in public." she said and laughed ....



1 comment:

a fan said...

Just Binge read this story, This was freakin brilliant!! Great writing!