Thursday, January 11, 2018

Hostile Witness

FBI Deputy Special Agent in Charge , Sharon Ferrell-Hopkins passed Josie Boyd a zip drive...
"Here you go...This is Street and Traffic Cam footage of up to 24 hours around the site of that murder Just like Donnie Ray asked for....Tell him he owes me big time and tell Liv thank you for the invitations to Beverly and Nelson's wedding." said Sharon..
"Oh I certainly will Ms. Sharon." said Josie...
And speaking of Beverly and Nelson, they were in her , soon to be their domicile kissing passionately

....Beverly wasn't even fully dressed...
Nelson had his hands down her panties and was kissing her slowly and softly....

"Ummmmmmmmmmmm...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh girrrrrrrrrrrrrlll.." he was moaning...

"Nelson honey....I've got to finish getting dressed...Auntay and Donnie Ray expect us downstairs soon.....We don't have time to do this this morning..Go get some coffee for us....Calm yourself down.." she protested lightly...

"Yeah, you're right...I-I just can't seem to keep my hands off of you since I moved in with you.." said Nelson..

"You've never been able to keep your hands off of me.."Beverly joked.... "In two weeks, we'll be married and on our honeymoon and you can have me all day..." she said and smiled..

"You promise?" he said..

"I promise.." she said and smiled..

They kissed a few minutes longer....
Olivia walked past me in her bra and panties and picked out a dress...One of my favorites.
Soon ,I was zipping Olivia's skirt up....

''Watch your hands mister.."Olivia joked..
"I am watching them." I joked as I ran my hands up her skirt..
"Ouuuuuuuuuu!....Stop it..!" she said and laughed.... "You know you've been very inappropriate with me, Groping me ,constantly, kissing on me...It's doesn't make for a healthy work environment.." she joked...
''So sue me." I said and nibbled on her ear.....she giggled like a school girl..
 ''Mister Alexanderrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr....we've got to meet the others downstairs soooooooon......In two weeks, ouuuuuuuuuuu....Bev and Nelson will be on their honeymoon...This case will be over...and I'll close the office...You can have me all day...as much as you want..!" she said..

''Oh My God!  I'd love it.." I said in between kisses..

''Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm I know you would...ouuuuuuuuu...I think I would too...ouuuu.." she cooed in between more kisses..

We kissed slowly and softly for a few minutes....
II-
The four of us eventually made it downstairs to our conference room... Josie arrived with Breakfast Platters from Sam Mothers Diner for the five of us, but more importantly the Zip drive I needed of the crime site and the police report...At least a copy of it...
I owed Sharon in spades for her help over the years....Going back to when we both lived in New Orleans...Me as a Homicide Detective and She as an FBI agent...
 "Great Work Jo..This is our whole case right here....There is Cleotis and Brenda....Look at them..Kissing passionately in front of her place.."I said.


 The footage showed him going inside.....FOUR TO FIVE HOURS elapsed and it shows him in the doorway....Brenda Halsley dressed in a sheer neglige...
Them kissing some more.....and Cleotis leaving......

I was able to trace his car back to his home....where it remained...

 "It doesn't look like he left his apartment once he went in..."said Olivia..

"Oh I'm certain he didn't...He was too tired....He fell out and was ,excuse my use of the term...Dead to the world.."said Nelson matter of factly....
 Olivia smiled and gave Nelson the side eye...
 Beverly blushed like crazy!
 I gave him the side eye and I said...

"You uh no doubt know this from experience huh Nelson?"

Josie cracked up laughing.....

Now it was Nelson's turn to blush.....He said nothing.....
Olivia laughed....

''Leave him alone....We understand what you meant....It means it was highly unlikely our guy got up ,drove back over there and shot her to death...Unless he's the coldest ,coolest psychopath living...Which I don't think he is.." said Olivia..

"Then there is the texts....He texted her from his number to let her know he was home safely....which I think is sweet.....but then why the second text from a blocked number , saying he left his wallet and had to come back?" said Beverly...

"She sent a text back saying she couldn't find his wallet..." said Olivia...

''She opened the door for someone....and was shot five times at the door. An hour later.."I said..

 "It's not him....It has to be someone else..."said Nelson...

"Other than the obvious...There is no physical evidence linking him to the murder....He was her boyfriend...His fingerprints and DNA would be at the scene...His semen would be inside of her...They had just recently had sex..."said Josie...

"Which brings us to this Heather person.....Cleotis and his sister told us that she didn't take their break up good at all...We found threatening texts from her to the victim threatening to do her harm for stealing her man..." I said.

''And we have witnesses who will testify to several loud verbal altercations they both had.."said Olivia..

"This is basic stuff...Why didn't Lieutenant Tragg look into this?" asked Beverly....
"Because a long time ago...He fell in love with the Television camera and the way he looks on TV..He wants to make a quick case ,rather than do the work and get in front of the cameras....I asked around...At one time..He was actually a pretty decent detective...Now he's a better TV interview....and a lousy detective."I said..

III-
Bridget Jones, a former client and friend of ours who owed two very upscale Lingerie stores walked into our office...

"The Door was open, so I just let myself in..." she said. "Is this a bad time?" she asked.


 "No of course not...Hey girlie" said Olivia... "Take 5 guys..."she said and hugged her friend..

"Heyyy Bridget!" said Beverly....

Bridget hugged her and kissed her on the cheek..

"Congratulations Baby girl , you too Nelson ,on your engagement....You're who I came to see..."she said..

"Oh?" said Beverly...

"Nelson..get out of here....This is a surprise for you in a sense.." said Bridget.... "You too Donnie Ray.."she said giggling...


 I smiled...

"Come on Nelson....Let's take a ride...We'll take your car.." I said..

Nelson smiled sheepishly and followed me out...

''Baby Girl...My wedding gift for the both of you...I've got panties ,bras and lingerie for every night of your honeymoon....Nelson might have a heart attack..." said Bridget...

"Awwwwwwwwwwww thank you Bridget...."said Beverly, smiling...

"I remember you hooked me up right before Donnie Ray and I went to Paris on our first anniversary.."said Olivia...


 "Why don't you just hook a sista up?...A sista has been working hard."joked Josie..

''She really has.."said Olivia ,laughing...

All four women cracked up laughing..

IV-

 Attorney Zoey Easter sat at the tony bar in town having a cocktail...several cocktails..
She had just finished a rough day in court...She was so thankful to Olivia and Beverly for

helping her with trial experience... Her stock at her law firm was rising thanks to them.....
She smelled a familiar fragrance behind her....She turned to see Olivia's ex-husband and her former lover, Elwood Barnes...
''Well Hello Zoey...How are you?"he said.

She hadn't seen him since the summer....He had finally gotten the message that they were over and stopped stalking her....He never did find out where she was living...

''Elwood...How are you?" she said..


 ''I'm well...Just getting out of court..." he said.
''Me too!"she said.


 "I just discovered this bar....a former colleauge of mine, Calvin Hunt , told me about this place...I like the atmosphere.."he said..

"I've met Calvin.....He's friends with Olivia and Beverly..."said Zoey...

''And how is my famous ex-wife and your BFF?" he asked half jokingly...  He actually wanted to know..He hadn't seen Olivia and Beverly since they represented him in a paternity suit last year...

"Oh they're doing wonderful...Beverly is engaged.....They're planning her wedding, which is in about three weeks."said Zoey...

''Calvin Hunt told me Beverly was engaged..To that Attorney I saw with them...Nelson ...Nelson East...He did some consultation work with one of my attorneys...Ronnie Shay...I've met him once or twice..

I like him...He makes Beverly human, bearable...She's not such a smart ass anymore..Damn good Attorney too that Nelson..."said Elwood..

"Think you two might ever be friends?"asked Zoey, smiling..

"That's pushing it.." he said and they both laughed.....

Zoey knew how much Beverly despised him for cheating on her aunt when they were married and causing both of her Aunt's miscarriages.. and she knew how jealous Elwood was of the close bond ,Beverly and Olivia had....


but Zoey detected that in some strange way, he was actually happy that Beverly was getting married...
"Their little law firm is doing quite well....I see they both got elected Super Lawyers last year...Beverly's husband to be too...Is he going to be working for Liv now too?" he asked.

"No..He still works for Robert Foxworth and associates...but he has already moved in with Bev...I suppose they'll still be hiring him on a consulting basis....They've both done work for Robert Foxworth on a consulting basis..."said Zoey...

"My...you know everything Olivia and Beverly...." he said..

"I live four blocks from them....We talk...We go shoe shopping some Saturdays..."said Zoey...Her guard was down..She had never revealed where she lived before...but now, she didn't care...

''So what's new with you? You make partner yet?"he asked..

"I'm close...Very close...I was Junior Partner before I took that job in New York..it's been a long climb back...but I'm on the right track." she said..

"You'll make it...You're a damn good Attorney yourself! You uh still seeing what's his name? Lemon?" he asked sarcastically...

"You mean Lem! Yes...as a matter of fact I am...More than that.." she said and showed him her left hand, third finger...

"Lem and I are engaged!  We are getting married in the spring!" she said..

That hit Elwood like a ton of bricks!!

Married?? He knew that she was dating Lem and that he himself lived with somebody....but he had never forgotten how Zoey had rocked his world in the bed that one weekend nearly a year ago..Deep down inside ,he always hoped for another chance to sleep with her ,if nothing more...

"MARRIED?"  "THIS SPRING?" he said.

''Yes..there is a lot of marriages huh? First Beverly and Nelson and then Me and Lem..."she said ,smiling...

Elwood's mood got considerably dark....Olivia had told her about him when he got this way, brooding,unapproachable..

He threw a few dollars on the counter....Enough to pay for his and Zoey's drinks...He stood up
abruptly....

"How Nice...Uh...I've got to be going...Congratulations on the engagement!" he said and walked out as fast as he could...

Zoey shook her head and laughed...and ordered another drink.

V-
Nelson and I pulled up near the housing projects that Heather lived in...

"Me and my moms used to live down here....I was very young....I barely remember it..."said Nelson..

"I lived in places like this too."  I said...

Nelson pointed to a house on the corner across the street...


"Your wife and her niece began their lives in that house right over there.....Funny huh? How fate works out...We didn't know each other then...wouldn't meet until years later...but we all came from the same West Philly hood.." he said..

"That is funny...."I said..

Olivia had told me that her and Beverly began their lives in West Philly and lived there until she was 13 and Beverly was 4...Then they moved...

Beverly barely remembered this neighborhood at all...She was so young...
Nelson said he was 5 or 6 , when his mother and him moved to a better neighborhood....So it was around the same time...

3 kids, same hood...All went on to become Attorneys.... but so many kids around here didn't make it out...That was the tragedy!

We knocked on the door of Heather's residence...

She appeared at the door..She was dressed nicely and she appeared pleasent at first..She was eyeing me like she wanted to eat me up...

"Hellooooooooooo and what may I do for you?" she asked..

She was very attractive  and shapely....I could see how she had sway over many men...She had a seductive air about her..

"I'm Donnie Ray Alexander ,I'm a Private Investigator.....This is Attorney Nelson East...
Nelson nodded...

He is one of three attorneys representing Cleotis Jefferson.....and I am investigating the murder for which he's been charged...

Heather looked around and then asked us to come in....It was a small place, but neat...Nicely furnished...

She kept staring at us.....

"I work at the courthouse you know....I'm a bailiff.....You look familiar...." she said to me..

"Uh ,I don't believe we've met..."I said..

"WE haven't, but I've seen you in court many times.....I saw you kissing one of the attorneys....."she said to me..

She snapped her finger..

"Now I remember...OLIVIA BENNETT-ALEXNDER!!!  Your last name is Alexander...right?  You're her husband..." she said.
I smiled..

"Guilty as charged..."I said...

She smiled..

"Is Beverly West really her niece....?I've heard that she's actually her younger sister, but they don't want anybody to know.." she said.

 I shook my head....I was always amazed at how people gossiped and were willing to believe the most mundane and stupid things....Why would they tell everyone that they were Aunt and Niece and yet not want anybody to know they were actually sisters? I mean what sense would that make?? I mused..

"They're Aunt and Niece....They're Nine years apart....Olivia has an older Brother, who is Beverly's father.." I said.

"Oh.." she said..Then she added... "I can't help you with Cleotis...We haven't been together in a minute...Whatever he did to that heifer..both of them had it coming." she said.
"You threatened her several times and we have witnesses who say the two of you had a number of verbal confrontations.." said Nelson..

Her mood changed suddenly...

"I had nothing to do with her death....Nothing!!!!....And since neither of you are cops...I don't have to talk to you....LEAVE!" she said loudly....

"Come on Nelson...Good day mam!" I said and we left...
Back at the office..Nelson and I gave Olivia and Beverly the news..

"I didn't expect her to be of any help....I'm not worried though..."said Olivia..

Beverly passed me a document...

"It was on that Zip Drive that Ms. Sharon sent...In addition to film footage from Traffic Cams and Street Cams and from the two bars the couple were in....There is the Police Report and this.." said Beverly...

"It's a gun permit.."I said..

"Look who it's for and the type of gun..."said Olivia.

''Heather...and it's a .38 smokeless...The murder weapon ...Damn it...How did Tragg miss this?" I said, Angry myself...
"Think of who you're talking about.." said Beverly, laughing...
''Where's Josie?" asked Nelson..
"I knew Heather probably wasn't going to talk to you.......So I'm subpoenaing  her as a hostile witness.Josie is going to pass her the subpeona."said Olivia..
I kissed her...

"My wifey thinks of everything.."I said..
Nelson put his arms around Beverly's waist and whispered in her ear...

"I'm thinking of something right now..." he said softly....

She could feel the bulge in his trousers...

"You're always thinking about that....Nothing new there...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu.!!!..Nelsonnnnnn!"she said and laughed...
"This is the last trial for both of you as single people...Next time either of you appear in court...You'll be husband and wife.." said Olivia, beaming like a proud mother...

Just then , Josie walked in...

"Mission Acomplished...I served her with the papers....Needless to say, she wasn't a happy camper...It was a good thing I had my friend from court with me.."said Josie...
"Good Girl...We are all set for trial...Trial starts the day after tomorrow...Relax Everybody....Do something fun......Josie, go see your fella, you've done a hell of a job for us...Go see Paris tonight..." said Olivia.

Beverly and Nelson were in the corner kissing passionately...

oblivious to the the world..

"Take me to dinner baby!" said Olivia to me..

"I'd like nothing better Mrs. Alexander.." I said.


(CONCLUSION NEXT)


8 comments:

Yvonne Anderson said...

How Alike Larry North and Elwood Barnes are...Neither can deal with the truth!

Anonymous said...

STANDING AND APPLAUDING AND THROWING MY PANTIES! That scene in the bedroom was hot!

Toni said...

LOL! Elwood sure got out of that bar fast once he heard that Zo was engaged....LOL!

Angie B. said...

I just re-read this...Loved that scene...Loved the scene where Nelson was telling Donnie Ray about the neighborhood, He,Olivia and Beverly originated from...How nice that the three of the started out with such humble beginnings and rose to be lawyers!

Sunflower said...

Great Minds think alike...I remember I didn't comment yesterday and I re-read this,I loved those scenes too! (Nelson and Donnie Ray , Zoey and Elwood)

Anonymous said...

"You're always thinking about that....Nothing new there...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu.!!!..Nelsonnnnnn!"she said and laughed...Made me want to throw my panties again!

James Perkins said...

LMAO! Lawd!

Grover Tha Playboy said...

Elwood sure got out of that bar fast once he heard that Zo was engaged..Laughed my ass off after reading that!