Wednesday, April 10, 2019

The Ghost Of Basil Riley

''Ouuuuuuuuuuuu....ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...Oh my god Alfreda, you're driving me crazy..."moaned ADA Rockland Cambridge....

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh work me , work me daddy, work me like a job...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, oh my goodness..." moaned Alfreda...

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!" he yelled..

''Rockland please!!! I have neighbors and the window is open...you want everybody to know we are up here doin the nasty?" said Alfreda...

"I don't care if the world knows how good I feel...ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" he moaned..

She laughed...They were making love.....She was enjoying herself immensely, but Rockland as usual was enjoying himself seemingly more...Moaning and yelling shouts of joy..

''Glad you're enjoying yourself..but I do care....I have to live here...Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, lawd...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!" she giggled..

"Ouuuuuuuuuuu you hittin my spots...ouuu you are showing off....you are showing off in this bed.....OHHHHHHHH!"she howled..

'Who's making noise now?" he howled...

The bed was squeaking out of control and the headboard was slamming up against the wall so hard, the paint and the plaster was coming off...

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu, lawd...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu! Rockland....Ouuuuuu!" she moaned....

She was going to have to ask Olivia and her daughter Beverly about those foam beds they had that didn't squeak..She was tired of some her neighbors looking at her and laughing or smiling sheepishly after Rockland had been over..She knew they knew she was getting some...Her room had been quiet, before she started seeing Rockland.

''Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...oh Rockland...ouuuuuuuuuuuuuu give it to mama, give it to mama strong....YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!" she moaned...
Alfreda came up for air...She couldn't believe Rockland's stamina...

'Wouuuuuuuu, Rockland, what's gotten into you?" she asked , trying to catch her breath...

He never got enough of her and never seemed to be bored or tired of her...She thought that in time he might,but it seemed as if he got even more enamored of her...

"Ummmmmm come here Alfreda..." he moaned and mounted her again...


''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..."
"Ohhh baby, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph..."screamed Alfreda

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Alfreda...Alfreda ...ouuuuuuuuuu, more, more... ohhhhhh..."he screamed....

"Sock it to me Rockland...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."

"LAWDDD woman, what are you doing to meeeee?"he said...

"What am I doing to you? What are you doing to MEEEEEE?ouuuuuuuuuu lawwwwd...ouuuuuuu ROCKLANDDDDD!!  "she cooed...

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh gooooddddddd lawdd it's soooo goood...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh I've missed you girl...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh sweeeeet jesusssssssssss you are a demon in the bedddddddddd...arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.."
 
"Morrre...Morreee....morrre...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. Rockland..ouuuuuu......OHHHHHHH."
she wailed...

"Ohhh Alfreda, Alfreda,ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..I'm losin my minddddddddd!! "

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu...I love you soooooooooooooo much...ouuuuuuuuuuuu..ROCKLAND!!!!"she yelled out...


Rockland lifted her up and began thrusting feverishly into her...He seemed to like this position...

"Wooooooooooooooooooooooooou.......ummmmmmph, Rockland....What are you doing to me? Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Rockland.....I love you!!!" she screamed out....

"I love you too..." he moaned...

SIX TO SEVEN HOURS OF THIS SEEMED TO JUST SLIP BY AIMLESSLY!

''Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu..."
"Ohhh baby, give it to meeeeee....ummmmmmph..."

"Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....ALFREDA...ALFREDA ...ouuuuuuuuuu, more, more... ohhhhhh..."

"Sock it to me ROCKLAND...ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..."

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuu baby..OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH..
.I just love you soooooooooooooo much...ouuuuuuuuuuuu..ROCKLAND!!!!"she wailed...

He came so hard....he felt as if all of the bodily fluids and energy was being drained from him...He was a little afraid he might be dying...
They continued kissing.....

"Ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu come here Rockland....Ummmmmmm come here.."she said softly as she kissed him...
They were going to shower but they wound up by the bathroom door, in a passionate embrace...

"Rockland, it's near daybreak....Don't you have to go to work today baby?" she asked..running her soft finger across his lips...He ran his hands down into her panties and pulled her close to him, still kissing her...

She could see that he was getting more aroused....So she stopped...

"I'm calling out.." he moaned..

She laughed...

"I'm not... I  have to go to work...and so do you. .Come  on, get dressed." she laughed...

"Oh alright...but ..but it was so good.. I -I-I just need some more.." he laughed....

"Oh hush up.." Alfreda laughed...

A little while later they were both dressed...

"Can you run me by Olivia and Beverly's this morning?" she asked..
"Why do you have to ask?  You know I will.." said Rockland, looking at her and shaking his head...

"Lawwwwd...you've had my attention since the very first day in Therapy ,when I saw you.." he said..
"Yes, you tell me that all the time!" she said and smiled... She couldn't help but admit.. He did make her feel sexy and desirable in a way no man had in a long while..

Alfreda was a beautiful woman ,who didn't seem to age...She  was still turning heads of guys a lot younger than her and some older than her...

A Brown envelope had been pushed under the door...It was addressed to Alfreda...It had no return address or postage...
Rockland passed it to her..

''What is this?" he asked..
"I don't know...I'll open it when I get to work." she said and stuffed it in her purse....

II-
It was a slow day...For the girls...
Josie was in class today...Hard for us to believe our girl Friday was in law school...and would soon be a practicing attorney...
I was minding the store...Looking over some case files...Sometimes ,it almost felt like I was still a detective on the New Orleans Police force.

and Olivia and Beverly were in the Shopping Center in Bridget Jones's store LADY CHATTERLIES LOVER, PANTIES AND BRAS FOR THE DISCRIMINATING WOMAN...They decided to spend lunch together today.. They called it Auntie /Niecey time!

They bought a couple of pairs of shoes, a dress or two and a few pieces of lingerie from Bridget's store.. Bridget wasn't in today....
"This is nice...You and I out shopping together...Seems so long since we've had time to do this.. Either you've been in court or I've been in court or we've been in court together.." laughed Olivia..
''I know.. No Auntay and Niecey time..."laughed Beverly...
"We should have brought your mother with us...Alfreda might have wanted to buy some new pieces." joked Olivia..
''Auntay..That would be a little weird for me.. Like I was being disloyal to daddy." joked Beverly...
"Yeahhh I know what you mean...Me too...Considering you're my brother's daughter.. But your daddy is out in San Francisco, very, very married you know." laughed Olivia.
"Yeah, I know.. That is true.. Besides, the way Rockland looks at my mother...She doesn't need to buy any sexy lingerie. She could be wearing a KKK robe or a potato sack  and he'd get an erection.." laughed Beverly..
"Ouuuuuuuuuuuu girl, you are so bad, but that is true....My god, he stares at your mother like a hungry wolf sometimes.. Let's buy these few things and go to the food court.." said Olivia.
An Attractive Blonde haired white woman walked up to them.. She was carrying several bras and pairs of panties herself...She smiled..

"Hey ladies!! I love this place.. Olivia and Beverly...you two are as tight as glue...If you see one ,you see the other.." she laughed..."I am a big fan of both of you and I think your relationship is so cute.. You don't see many Aunts and Nieces that are as close as you two are...Hell, you don't see many sisters that are as close as you two are.." she laughed..
Both Olivia and Beverly smiled.. Olivia said nothing.. It was as if this woman knew them...
Beverly felt the same way...She followed her aunt's lead...
The woman passed them a brown envelope with their names on it...No return address...

"Do you two know him?" she asked...Still smiling innocently...

It was a photo of Basil Riley, the long dead drug dealer and abusive former boyfriend of Alfreda Johnson, who she dated years before.
 Olivia said nothing...She stared at the photo poker faced, betraying nothing...She  angrilly stared at the white woman.

"Who are you?" she asked softly...
Beverly looked at her aunt, but she didn't say anything.
"Me? Oh I represent a law enforcement interest...You two must know him, Basil Riley...Especially you Beverly.. He dated your mother didn't he?  She has about five domestic violence complaints on record concerning him...She used to live with him for a  time...He wasn't very nice...We would like to talk to him...Only thing is .Nobody  has seen or heard from him in years.. We thought your mother might know since she was his last known girlfriend." said the woman..
"That was a long time ago.. I haven't seen him, nor do I care to see him. Now like my aunt asked...Who are you?" asked  Beverly..
''Are you from the D.A.'s office?" asked Olivia.
"No, but I have ties to law enforcement...We'd just like to speak to Mr. Riley...He is a person of interest." said the white woman..
"Then I suggest you talk to the police and maybe they can help you find him.. He's of no interest to either of us.. I barely knew him"said Olivia, which was in fact true...
''We know how very close you were and still are to Alfreda Johnson.. I understand she works for you...She's your office manager now that young Ms. Boyd is in Law School and acting as your para legal...Perhaps she may know something that can help us.."said the woman..
"Why don't you leave my mother alone?" asked Beverly..
"Honey...Honnneyyyyyyyyyyyyy we don't wish to trouble your mother...or you guys.. Aren't you about ready to start on the Hortense Jefferson case..? You know about finding things from the past that weren't there.. Well we are trying to locate Mr. Riley...We might be having a conversation with ADA Rockland Cambridge today or tomorrow about this...and the Press ,Now why get him and the press involved when you can just tell us where Mr. Riley is, so we can talk to him?" she said.
Olivia smiled..

"You're not from the D.A.'s office...You work for Avril Young huh?  We shut down the Hortense Jefferson case and this all goes away right? You could care less about some two bit drug dealer.." said Olivia..
"Did I say that?  I don't believe I've ever met Mr. Young.. I said I have ties to Law Enforcement..."said the woman..
"Good....Then you should be talking to them...They're better equipped to locate Mr. Riley than we are." said Beverly...
"Tell your boss.. Nice try , but the trial goes on....Good Day.. Whoever you are..."said Olivia. She and Beverly tossed the glossy of Basil Riley to the woman, she missed it and it fell to the floor..

 They both walked out of the store and headed for the food court..

III-

At our office, Alfreda let out a scream upon seeing the photo of the late Basil Riley...

She was shaking...
I put my arms around her and held her in my arms.....and got her to calm down....I told her that I knew the story...but we didn't talk details...I told her to be quiet...I hadn't swept our office for bugs....I motioned for us to walk outside...

We did and we walked down the street...by then she had calmed down...

"Olivia told me the entire story when we first got married when her ex-boyfriend, Reggie Hamilton appeared back in her life..

"One night...Alfreda called me...she was wailing and crying and screaming to the top of her lungs...She told me to come over and to not tell Bev or my brother...I did...and in the middle of the floor was Basil Riley...He had beat her one too many times and she had put a meat cleaver center mast in his chest....There was blood everywhere Donnie Ray...It was horrible...I was a young lawyer...A Public defender...I thought about what kind of defense I was going to mount, then I thought about just getting Alfreda out of there...and just then, just like that....There he was...Reggie!!! He was with a White man...a young guy ,muscular with a ponytail....and aviator sunglasses...

I was like ,"Reggie, what are you doing here?"

He said-

"Clean her up and get her out of here...We'll take care of the rest."

I was like...


''What are you talking about???...I have to call the police...Then I have to pay her bail and think of what kind of defense and..."

The white man finally spoke-

"I see why Reggie fell in love with you...You've got spirit and you're beautiful...but what you don't have is the experience to get her out of this mess...You don't have the kind of bail money a murder charge like this would call for...You just got out of law school...You're a first year Public defender...Think about what I'm saying...This would bankrupt you and you already have student loans to pay...Take her, get her cleaned up...Leave her clothes and under wear here...Get her out of here and never come back and don't call the police or say anything. This is the only choice you have...Do it...Don't be a fool Olivia." he said.
"It's true...They made Olivia leave...I showered and changed clothes and they took everything I was wearing, including my panties and my bra and put it in a plastic bag...The guy named Reggie told the white guy to burn all of that...I have no doubt that he did...

"They removed the body...I don't know how they disposed of it...My guess is cremation....It was Basil's apartment...not mine...They bleached it down and cleaned it to a fault and then they moved my stuff out.. I stayed with Olivia, Beverly and Liv's parents for a month and then I had a complete breakdown ..I was in an institution for years...Eventually I got out...Liv got me the apartment I live in and arranged for the school board to pay me disability until I got on my feet.. Which I have.... I've been doing good Donnie Ray...Why is somebody trying to take me down by bringing all of this up?" she asked..
"I don't know...I don't know.. but look...Say nothing...If anybody approaches you, you say nothing...You hear?" I said.
 Olivia and Beverly were coming down the street....
"Mommy you've been crying.." said Beverly...
Alfreda showed her the photo of Basil.....

"I'm okay baby, I'm okay...It was under my door this morning.." said a tearful Alfreda..
''Some white woman met us in the mall and had the photo of him too...Said her office wanted to talk to him...I suspect she works for Avril Young.. Don't let this upset you Alfreda.....Don't let it...You're fine...You're just fine." said Olivia, hugging her.

"He wants to shut down this trial...."I said smiling and shaking my head..
''She didn't say that, but she brought up Hortense Jefferson....It was implied."said Beverly..
''Where is Nelson?" asked Olivia.
This was his case...
''He went to work..
Josie was here for a few hours , then she went to class.."said Alfreda.
"Okay...then just sit tight...We don't have to do anything...If they had any proof of any wrong doing...Alfreda, you'd already be in handcuffs...They have nothing...They don't even know if he's dead or alive...But they figure this is enough to scare you...Call his bluff!" I said.  "Meanwhile I'm going to do a little digging on my own..." I said.

IV-

In City Hall at the Office of ADA Rockland Cambridge, two days later.
"So you are bringing me this file on a two bit thug who hasn't been seen in years because what?" asked Rockland Cambridge..
"He's a person of interest and we'd like to talk to him."said States Attorney Avril Young.
"Talk to him about what?  He was a low level drug dealer...Had a few corners...He worked for Joe Boyd, who's dead.....He had a few disputes with some other rival charactors...They're all dead too and he has no ties to anybody currently on the streets now."said Rockland..
"I've spent two days, turning this city upside down,looking for him and I haven't found a trace of him...The apartment he last lived in ,has been lived in by about ten different people since he was last seen...There hasn't been any action on his debit or credit cards in years....And no one I've talked to...knows or cares where he made his last tracks.."said Gary Lockwood ,Investigator for the D.A.'s office,..
''Well Maybe I should take this to the FBI." said Avril Young..
"Maybe you should..."said Rockland.
"You know , your girlfriend, Ms. Johnson was the last known person to be romantically involved with him...or did you not know that..?Perhaps she might shed some light on this...I could get a summons and force her to talk!" said Avril Slyly...
Rockland got so angry he grabbed Avril in the collar and slammed him into the wall....

"YOU BASTARD!!! THAT WAS YOU WHO SENT HER THAT PHOTO ,TRYING TO GET HER UPSET!!" he screamed..

 "Ugggggggggggghh, take your hands off of me....I'm the States Attorney, I could have you brought up on charges.." Young said...
"YO...YOOOOOOOOOO ...YOOOO BOSSMAN, CHILL!" screamed Gary,pulling him off of Avril...

Olivia, Beverly,Nelson,myself and Josie walked in..
 "That's okay Rockland....Let him go....He'll get his in due time.." said Olivia.
 "You skunk!" said Beverly...
 "He's already gone to the press with a story about this non-issue...It's all to take attention off of my re-trying the Hortense Jefferson case...That's right smart guy...You went after the wrong people...Hortense Jefferson is MY CASE...Liv and Bev are second and third chair on the case...And before you send me any photos of my uncle.. Yes.. Fathead Newton is my uncle and he paid for my education...Whether they back out or not...I have absolutely no skin in this game, except that's my mother in law...This trial continues.." said Nelson..
 "Oh and your little operative...Ms. Brenda Jordan...I found her...I know who she is..

...She's the one who approached my wife and my niece in the lingerie store with photos...When we show her photo to the press and tell of your attachment to her...I'm sure people will take an even second look at you.."I said.
"I'm in law school...I'm studying people like you...Very unethical...You should have been disbarred a long time ago."said Josie..
"WELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!" said Avril, who fixed his clothes and charged out of the office...
Gary Lockwood laughed...

''You guys really lit into him!" he said..
''He's still the States Attorney.. He's not going to take that lying down..."I said..
''What's with this guy Basil Riley? Why is he important?" asked Rockland..
''He's not...Alfreda was younger...She met him in a club...He wore nice clothes, flashed a lot of cash...Told her he'd take care of her.. Things heated up between them and she moved in with him...Soon after they moved in together, the hitting started.. He blacked her eye on at least two occassions,  punched her so hard he fractured her collar bone another time..Knocked her down a flight of steps yet another time...Alfreda got tired of him and she left him.. She stayed with me, Bev and my parents for a short while.. That's it.. She never dealt with him again.. Never saw him again." said Olivia.
"What about your brother? I hear he was uh very protective of you girls."said Rockland.
''Jimmy did go looking for him...

but never found him...He just up and left...We never saw hide nor hair of him again!..."said Olivia..
"I checked...He's not under indictment for anything...wherever he is, he has managed to keep himself out of trouble all this time...What does the States Attorney want with him?" asked Rockland.
''Nothing...He wants to deflect from yet a second trial that's going to prove he withheld evidence from the defense to secure a conviction." said Beverly...
"He's a desperate despicable man, he won't be getting my vote," said Rockland..
"Rockland...Go find Alfreda....She needs you..."said Olivia..
"Yeah man....Go on...I'll lock up..And I'll mind the shop." said Gary...
"Uh Okay.. I will, It's been two days.. She hasn't been taking my calls.." said Rockland..

"She's at our office Rockland...Just go there, She needs to see you.." said Olivia softly..

Just before he left...
Beverly hugged him...

"Thank You for loving my mother." she whispered in his ear.
Rockland was speechless!
Olivia smiled, I thought I saw a tear run down her cheek...


Here was one for the record books, I thought..

(TO BE CONTINUED)



3 comments:

Toni said...

Ohh This Basil Riley Business again??? It's weak!

Angie B. said...

It's very weak..

Sunflower said...

The story was touching at the end...I loved it!