Wednesday, September 4, 2019

High Fever


The news from the squadroom hit us like a ton of bricks...

We were already investigating a Mass shooting in which one man had died and 7 had been shot...Now a second man had died...
 Just then, Lt. Cotton and Monique walked in...

"Bad news for you guys." he said.


"Our 7th shooting victim, Victor Colon....Just died.....You now have two murder victims..."said Monique...

"Oh damn...we got a double murder....We've got to get to work finding out who these people were." I said..

"Mo Mo, you okay?" asked Lt. Cotton..

Monica was sweating profusely...Her dress nearly drenched..She sat down..she looked weak...

"I'm fine..Nate..run those license plate numbers  that'll give us an address on both the shooter and the woman that was with...that was with...." Monica stumbled..
Kylie brought a small waste basket over to Monica and she vomited her guts out...

"She's sick....You gotta get her home..." said Kylie...

"That Red Moon thing huh?" said Lt. Cotton, who was genuinely concerned about the detective he had trained from a pup...He remembered a chance meeting with Monica when she was a fresh new recruit out of the Academy...

She always had so many questions....He told her she ought to become a detective.. She told him  she wanted to be a detective one day...Years later after she'd made Detective and finally made it to Homicide.. He took her under his wing and personally trained her.. and it was no secret.. she was his favorite..."The finest Detective I ever trained." he always said.

How ironic that now she is his sister in law.

''Yeah, when she gets sick like this,...that means the cycle is nearly over.." said Monique..

"Take her home...She needs her rest..." said Lt. Cotton

"I'll take her home....Kylie give me a ride ?" asked Monique...

''Sure..."said Kylie...

"I'll be back Nate , we can finish this." said Kylie..
"Come on Sista girl, I got you.."said Monique..

Monica was drenched with perspiration and near delirious...she looked at her sister and smiled..

"Monique....I love you so much...I'm so glad you're my sister.."she said..

Monique, her identical twin, older by only three minutes smiled..

"I love you too...and I'm glad you're my sister as well..." she said …"Now lets get you home.." she said..


She looked at me and whispered in my ear...

"Nate honey...I really wanted to do it to you tonight...but your Mo-Mo is sick...rain check?" she said..

"That's okay baby, you just get well.." I said..


"Awww I love you." she said .
and gave me a wet sloppy kiss..

Kylie and Monique took her to Kylie's new car and they took off..

Monique noticed Kylie's bra was in the front seat...

Kylie in her haste had forgot to stuff it in the glove compartment...


Kylie looked like the cat that swallowed the canary...


Monique laughed..

"Hmmmm, any tea you feel like spilling girlie?" she asked and giggled..

"Nope." said Kylie..

Monique was not one to pry...

"Okay" she said...


Monica was out cold...drenched in sweat....

II-
Monique took Monica up to our domicile.. She undressed her and put her in the shower...

She dressed her in some clean underwear, not her sexiest underwear, slipped her baseball shirt on and laid her across the bed..
Monica was half awake, half asleep...

"Monique?" she called out..

"Yes baby?" said her sister..

"Did I tell you I love you?" she asked..

"Yes you did sis...I love you too!" she said and smiled...
She put a cold towel on her head...

"Here, sip this...It's Hot Tea with Honey and Lemon and there is a sedative in it...It'll make you sleep and it will bring down your fever, which was pretty high when I brought you here." said Monique with a smile..

as Monica sipped the tea...

"I used to be a little jealous of you when we were growing up...with your red hair and your great grades...I mean you went to Med School, you're a doctor...I dropped out of Law School with one year left...and went to the Academy and became just a cop...well now a detective...I never dreamed we'd be working together...but we do and it's so cool...I hope we always work together and live together.." said Monica as she sipped the tea..

"Mo-Mo, we look just alike...same measurements, same cup size...You die your hair red and really nobody could tell us apart except for Nate...Why were you jealous?...You had just as many guys after you as I had...?"said Monique softly...but Monica was fast asleep....






III-
Back at the Squadroom I had hits on both the Bike and the car...Hours had passed and I had been working hard...

"The Car belongs to , get this...John Priest...It was reported stolen two weeks ago.."I said.

"Damn it, nothing in this case is breaking our way and it's already been 72 hours.."said Lt. Cotton..

"Hold it now.. Whoever stole it...Bleached it down and power washed it, so you would think there would be no DNA, no prints right?" I said..

"You mean there is?" asked Kylie..

"Apparently our boy leaned up against the car and left a fresh palm print and three fingerprints...I ran em and they belong to three time loser, Ronnie Outlaw...Local muscle....and suspected of being a shooter for hire." I said.

"You got an address on him?" asked Lt. Cotton..

"Yeah, about six...I took the Tactical squad with me.

and we raided all six this afternoon...He wasn't at any of em..but I got a bolo out on him...I've alerted the Stateys and the FBI....We are going to flush this rat out" I said.

"You check his financials?" asked Lt. Cotton.

''Sure did...He got a large sum of money...For him any way...10K, a week ago and another 10K the day after the shooting.  It's a dummy account...It shut down as soon as I got up on it.. No one seems to know who the originator of the account is..I found about twenty different names...All phony."I said.
"What about the girl?" asked Lt. Cotton..

"I got nothing...That Flying Motorcycle was stolen off the store room floor last week...I put the visual we have through facial recognition and came up blank...and unlike our shooter.. she bleached and washed that Bike down good, no prints, no DNA.  I'm sorry Lieutenant." said Kylie..

"Hey you guys did good work....We are on to our shooter...We'll flush him out soon." said Lt. Cotton..

"Both of you guys go home..We'll get back on this tomorrow..."said Lt. Cotton..
 "Nate ,go see about my girl Mo Mo..." said Kylie softly..

"You goin home?" I asked.

"I'm too wired....Nah, but I'll see you in the morning.."said Kylie..
Kylie went to the hospital.
They were rolling out the body of Victor Colon, the second victim...She made a note to herself to dig deeper into his history tomorrow.

She saw some members of his immediate family there, crying, including a blonde woman who ducked out of the back door, before she could approach her.

IV-



Kylie went home, showered and got dressed up...

She then traveled to a tony new enclave she'd always wanted to go to..
She found a nice grotto and ordered a steak and shrimp dinner..

She was hungry from working so hard...and she devoured the food..  She hated eating alone and when she did hang out with us...She hated being the third wheel or in some cases, the fifth wheel..

Monica and I


and Monique and the Lieutenant were married



Couples! She was the odd man or in this case, odd woman out!

She used to be married once...and happy.. Then her fairy tale marriage broke up... She was alone for a couple of years...Then she got involved with Wally, My ex-partner...Seemed all he was about was sex...Now they weren't together..

She liked Carlos...Could see herself in a relationship with him..But he was so far away on the Moon, She saw him twice a year....When he was on Earth and when she visited the moon...She wasn't satisfied..

And Detective Payne??...He just wanted to get in her panties...Having done that...He might continue to harass her for sex or move on to the next girl...She hoped he did the latter.

An attractive man sent her a drink...A Mango Martini...he smiled at her..


She smiled back...Monica had a high fever...This man was making her fever rise....

"I'm not going home with him...I'm not sleeping with him..." she told herself..

She sipped the drink...

"Ummm, this is delish." she said.
''Glad you like it.." he said..
He ordered himself a Citris Martini...

"I'm Lee Otis...what's your name?" he asked.

"Kylie...Kylie White..Uh Detective Kylie White....Oh why did I say that? You asked me my name, not my occupation." she said.
"That's okay...You're a detective huh? Wow..You're pretty....I usually expect a fat old white man, who's balding with coffee stains on his suit jacket...Not you!" he laughed..

He was entranced by her sexy body, Her beautiful party dress and her shapely legs in black fishnet pantyhose...


''We have those too."laughed Kylie.
"I'm what you call a Venture Capitalist...You might say I'm an investor that provides capital to firms exhibiting high growth potential in exchange for an equity stake. "he laughed..


 "In other words ,you help people or companies make money and you in turn get a cut off the top."said Kylie..

''Exactly....You're a smart woman...I like a smart woman.. Is there a man behind that smart woman, A Mister Kylie White?" he asked..


Kylie liked him..He was handsome, well dressed, had a pleasant fragrance on...and he seemed intelligent, smarter than the average guy she met, which now of days was either horny detectives or horny suspects who wanted a date when they got out of jail.....Still she repeated to herself that she was not going home with him or sleeping with him...Not tonight..

"I was married...I'm divorced now...I'm kind of in a long distance relationship with a Detective from Luna City.."she said.

"The Moon? How often do you see each other?" he asked..


"Physically, twice a year... We Hologram each other a lot.."said Kylie..

"My god...I mean uh...don't you uh..ahhh?" he said.

"Get Horny? Get Lonely?? Of course...I throw myself into my work and I hang with my friends, Detectives Nate and Monica Nellis


 and Dr. Monique Cotton and her husband,



who is my lieutenant."said Kylie..

"And you're like the 5th wheel.."Lee Otis laughed.


"Yeah...it's hard for me....So why are you here Lee? You're married....I see your wedding band.. Are you just being nice or what?" asked Kylie.
''I'm married..In title only...My wife and I will soon be getting a divorce...She cheated on me with another man...He's out of the picture now...Her Brother was my friend...My good friend...He tried to talk some sense into her..but she wouldn't listen...When he was ..when he was alive...He's dead now unfortunately....So is the man who was sleeping with my wife..but that's water under the bridge..Our relationship was over a long time ago..we just grew apart...Oh..Why am I telling you all this..?" he laughed..


"It's okay....It's okay...."said Kylie..

They talked into the wee hours of the morning... About relationships, people, fate...When they looked up it was 2:30.

"WOW....It's way past my bedtime.."joked Kylie..

"Mine too...Uh could I uh stop by your place, for some uh coffee?" he asked.

He was hoping she'd say yes.....He found her extremely attractive and he was very aroused...


''Coffee's not what you want Lee, but I can't give you what you want...Not right now...Like I said..It's complicated with me." said Kylie.
"I understand...It was still very nice talking and drinking with you Ms. Kylie White.." He said , trying to calm himself down, realizing that the moment had passed...It wasn't going to happen tonight.. Maybe another time..

"Same here." she said...She went for her purse, but he stopped her..

"I've got all of the drinks.. You kept me company tonight...just the same.." he said..  "Good Night Ms. White." he said and paid the bill..

''Good Night Mr. Otis." said Kylie..
She gave him a soft kiss on the lips...He had butter soft lips...

He was a gentlemen....She could have gone home with him , except that he was and still is married." She thought...


She got in her flying car and headed home..

(TO BE CONTINUED)



No comments: